PDA

View Full Version : Does breaking the rules result in a ban? Or are KK desporate??

Benjie
27-12-03, 03:47
*edit @ poll*: Question should be "have you ever reported a person who has broken a rule?"

I report players for breaking rules. I only do it if I have 100% good evidence and the crime is bad. I am glad to say that I havn't had to do it much, but I have done it a few times. ReakKtor have never responed to obvious rule breakings, not even the really bad ones. Another example is the pluto event. Even though not a constant rule it was a rule a GM set. It was broken and KK are once again doing Fuck All. In fact every rule break I have reported is a serious one when I think about it. Usually an Exploit along with racism and/or homophobic slurrs and in some cases blatent confesions and written plans to continue.

Are you letting these people stay because you are desporaite kk? Does it not occur to you that the rules you set make the game bearable when enforced, and when they are not enforced people will want to leave due to assholes ruining it for everybody and no gm's even stopping it? You can't dust mishaps under the carpet, you need to follow them up, it's one of the responsibilitys of owning an active mmorpg.

*edit* This is not really aimed at the event tonight. It's aimed at banning in general. The event and attitude on this forum just made me remember that kk have done nothing about any of the exploits and people are getting bothered by it.

ezza
27-12-03, 05:26
if its racism and shit like that then i aint down with it, but when people try and get others banned for trivial stuff its like wtf do you want noone to play?!?

im not saying we should tolorate exploiters and there like, but something needs to be in place rather than hand out bans.

Lucid Dream
27-12-03, 05:26
Keep in mind, to my knowledge there was no GM message in game that said there was to be no PKing at the event until it actually started, and then only in regular chat modes, not in the red flashy admin message, which was nearly impossible to read due to all the spam. Dont link me to the forum thread where it said this was a no-pk event again, as ive seen done in all the previous threads, because not everyone reads the forums, many clan members of mine had no idea there was even an event until they saw messages from other runners saying to get to the OZ station for an event.

Benjie
27-12-03, 07:38
Originally posted by ezza
if its racism and shit like that then i aint down with it, but when people try and get others banned for trivial stuff its like wtf do you want noone to play?!?

im not saying we should tolorate exploiters and there like, but something needs to be in place rather than hand out bans.
I think exploiting can ruin the game for people. It's like there where these 2 (asshole) monks in plaza 2 exploiting, they where being homophobic and there exploit actually ended up killing some noobies. (I won't mention what the exploit was due to the forum rules but the consiquences say it all anyway.) Then they went on to say they wanted to do it in plaza 1 where the real "fags" where and other pretty things. Homophobic slurs ruin the community and are totally unacceptable in anything post 2nd millenium, and the exploit ruined the game for the noobies. I had to spend time helping the noobies out and compinsating (from my pocket) little trinkits to compinsate them. Thus also ruining the game for myself, even though I didn't have to and I didn't want to spend my time on Neocron undoing other peoples crap, but It's in my nature to help when help is needed. I screenshotted the entire thing, every single thing said that convicts them undoubtedly. The plans to continue, evidence that prooves who did it, the consiquences it caused, and what? I saw them the next day, and the next, and the next... what exactly did kk do? It just upsets me and I think they either don't care or do not know how to handle the situation correctly.

You are correct, ezza. perament bans would indeed be a bad thing during this dark time of Neocron, but I think by all means these two assholes deserved at least a week away from there clan, outpost wars and there Neocron buddys to realise what the game is about, and to learn that breaking the rules has consiquences.

I want Reakktor to uphold more Authority. Yes fix exploits, but make sure everybody knows what is not allowed and punish those people who do it anyway. The rules are there to make the game playable, and it is not funny or clever bteaking them. Reakktor in my opinion need to enforce them much stronger.

Nvidia
27-12-03, 07:47
When you report someone for a breaking/violation of the TOS, they will not respond and tell you what they've done, as that information is private, only to be discussed between the customer involved and the company (KK). So, even if they did do something about it, they would not be allowed to tell you what happened.

KimmyG
27-12-03, 08:37
Its not KK job to run straight and give you a full report on what is gonna happen or what has been done. Once you make a report that should be the last you will hear about it and thats how it should be.

I dont think certain things should result in a ban I think some thing KK allows several offenses.

g0rt
27-12-03, 09:39
If its a serious offense, yes KK should set a ban.

BUT...if its something pathetic and stupid like a trade channel spam then screw that....no need to ban anyone for anything thats not major.

In the end i simply don't report exploits. I would rather see the odd GM capped monk because some guys too lazy to do it the good'ol'way then see a banned player.

My 2c.

Nidhogg
27-12-03, 15:48
This is not a valid topic of discussion for the forums. All I can say is that if you think that you can do what you like and not get banned, think again. You all know that people get banned - KK are not afraid of making decisions to protect their investment or the community in general.

N