PDA

View Full Version : TRADE-NC=take the chatter somewhere else.

bounty
27-12-03, 03:34
I understand that there is not too many people on certain servers, but the TRADE-NC channel has gone from being a place to post buying and selling offers, into a aol teen chat room. It is one thing to say a line or two that doesn't refer to anything related to traded, but to be honest, I don't really care to hear about people's personal lives. I don't care how many girls you have had sex with or your masturbation habits, as funny as some of them may be.

And i'm sure the first response I'll get is "Put them on ignore." No, i don't really see these people as "problems." because they really aren't hurting anyone, it is just a friendly request to take it to a direct message, buddy, etc. Or make a General chat channel and then I can just block that when necissary(even though i think the OOC channel already kinda acts as that, though never used).

Anyways like i said, I do understand the circumstances and why people do it, but lets try to get back on track, Not only is it annoying to some people who are trying to get a hold of a weapon or parts, but it looks really bad to people that are new to the game.

RayBob
27-12-03, 03:38
I agree completely. I almost made a post about this same topic several times.

I am often forced to mute trade becuase of this. I really wish the GMs would get involved and start asking people to use OOC.

Archeus
27-12-03, 03:55
They should move OOC to TRADE-NCs location. I think the scrolling down to click OOC is too much for some people.

Eddie
27-12-03, 04:05
Originally posted by Archeus
They should move OOC to TRADE-NCs location. I think the scrolling down to click OOC is too much for some people.

Too true. Maybe it should have a special button to itself - such as replacing buddy which annoys more people than helps. (how many times do we hear other people's buddy chat when its not directed to you nor of your concern, unless you hear a KoS clan's OP war talk). :D

Eddie

joran420
27-12-03, 04:09
or u could type /ooc <message> ? does that work? anyway i kinda like the chatter

Eddie
27-12-03, 04:16
Yeah I don't mind the chatter, but I can see other people's PoVs and some do mind. And typing /ooc in front of every message might be even worse than switching to OOC.

Eddie

joran420
27-12-03, 04:17
naw its easy i did it for two years in eq...that and /tell and /shout

Psyco Groupie
27-12-03, 04:26
I hope your not bounty from uranus o_O

KramerTheWeird
27-12-03, 04:31
Trade-NC? what's that?

*looks at hypercom custom filter*

oh, I've had it muted, and sure don't miss it, that could explain things!

Dazist
27-12-03, 04:41
Yep, I agree. Too much non trade related crap and bitchin about latest death by evil pk dude.

Some sort of global channel but not ooc would be nice. Was there one in betas? Not meaning channel among custom ones but whole new button for it. A bit offtopic but it would be really nice to have custom channels like in irc.

Eddie
27-12-03, 05:18
Originally posted by Dazist
Yep, I agree. Too much non trade related crap and bitchin about latest death by evil pk dude.

Some sort of global channel but not ooc would be nice. Was there one in betas? Not meaning channel among custom ones but whole new button for it. A bit offtopic but it would be really nice to have custom channels like in irc.

IIRC, in the demo, there was a channel that could be broadcast to the whole server.

I'm glad they took that out.

Eddie

bounty
27-12-03, 05:51
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
I hope your not bounty from uranus o_O

nah, that is a completely different guy, but I do get asked that fairly often.

gostly
27-12-03, 08:39
everytime a op battle is over, their's always arguments and shit in trade...

i never use ignore, even tho i know it's there...sometimes people feel the need to spam every once in a while, not worth putting them on mute, they might have somethin worthwhile to say next time :rolleyes:

:lol: anyways the conversations in trade and shit usually dont bother me much, if im trying to send one of those "WTB/WTT:", i just have to repeatedly put it in trade cuz it's moving so fast, that gets annoying...usually not a big deal

ooc should be used more...atleast from the beginning, usually conversations start in trade and then end up in ooc cuz people complain...

overall it's no big deal ... atleast i dont think so :lol:

Revslad
27-12-03, 09:58
stop whining newbie... if noone talks on there then nc would be silent...:wtf:

g0rt
27-12-03, 09:59
Originally posted by Revslad
stop whining newbie... if noone talks on there then nc would be silent...:wtf:

exactly

95% of the time its free for trading so let people talk the other 5% of the time who cares ffs

SovKhan
27-12-03, 10:06
how bout we fix sync's and fre's before we tackle a problem as massive as this.

hose187
28-12-03, 02:52
Anyone ever think that maybe some people aren't trying to trade because they know the current innane chatter would either spam the ad away or cause real traders to mute the channel?

My ignore list probably has had 100 people on it. All for trade spamming (either talk or actual spamming). People that are spamming trade with stupid chatter and then say to use ignore should be perma-banned, then shot. If it's so easy to type +ignore Asshole, it's even easier to hit F1 and click OOC.

g0rt
28-12-03, 03:05
Originally posted by hose187
Anyone ever think that maybe some people aren't trying to trade because they know the current innane chatter would either spam the ad away or cause real traders to mute the channel?

My ignore list probably has had 100 people on it. All for trade spamming (either talk or actual spamming). People that are spamming trade with stupid chatter and then say to use ignore should be perma-banned, then shot. If it's so easy to type +ignore Asshole, it's even easier to hit F1 and click OOC.

stop crying like a 9 year old school girl ffs

the ignore function is in the game for a reason, and that there is the reason

99% of the server has trade-nc on, maybe 30% of it has ooc on...theres the reason people use trade right there

Ryuben
28-12-03, 03:17
Originally posted by g0rt

99% of the server has trade-nc on, maybe 30% of it has ooc on...theres the reason people use trade right there

on pluto 50% have trade NC muted :o

g0rt
28-12-03, 03:23
Originally posted by Ryuben
on pluto 50% have trade NC muted :o

I stand corrected.

But on Saturn I would definately say the VAST majority have it on.

kurai
28-12-03, 04:04
Originally posted by g0rt

I started reading this thread, and was about to post an observation ... then I carried on reading and saw the above, which illustrates the point perfectly.

g0rt<--------------several hundred miles---------------->the point

It's a very infantile personality that feels the compulsion to spam their irrelevant bollocks into a purpose named channel simply because "some people have ignored OOC".

They have turned off OOC precisely *because* they want to miss the inane wittering of fuckwits.

Of course the fucktards can't understand that not everyone hangs on their every word or simply don't give a fuck and feel compelled to use TRADE becaue they *absolutely have to* spread their drivel to the widest audience possible.

The trite and obtuse "use ignore" reply doesn't alter the fact that there are people out there that have the social maturity of an emotionally stunted three year old.

mr murb
28-12-03, 04:20
The "inane twittering of fuckwits." doesn't bother me. as much as the page after page of

--------------------------------
-------------------------------

or other such useless crap.

I especially hate it when it is written by someone with a name like
{}[] 1i11i|}{}||[]|| that I have no chance of putting on ignore.

Keiron
28-12-03, 06:01
TBH, I don't think server-wide chats should even exsist. Only local, team, clan, and direct (direct costing x amount per message). I would much rather use the ingame fourms (which saddly atm, are more often bugged then not), where I don't have to spam my message every few min. Thats just me thou...

RayBob
28-12-03, 07:34
Originally posted by kurai
I started reading this thread, and was about to post an observation ... then I carried on reading and saw the above, which illustrates the point perfectly.

g0rt<--------------several hundred miles---------------->the point

It's a very infantile personality that feels the compulsion to spam their irrelevant bollocks into a purpose named channel simply because "some people have ignored OOC".

They have turned off OOC precisely *because* they want to miss the inane wittering of fuckwits.

Of course the fucktards can't understand that not everyone hangs on their every word or simply don't give a fuck and feel compelled to use TRADE becaue they *absolutely have to* spread their drivel to the widest audience possible.

The trite and obtuse "use ignore" reply doesn't alter the fact that there are people out there that have the social maturity of an emotionally stunted three year old. Absolute poetry. Unfortunately, no amount of logic will convince such people. The GMs have to step up to create and enforce a policy if there is to be any hope of change.

TBH...I wish they would start warning and banning more people on these very forums for the same reasons. I just recommended this game to a friend and hesitated to send him the link to the forums. The serious threads are shuffled off to page 2 within hours while the most ridiculous topics have thousands of views. Very sad.