PDA

View Full Version : Idea concerning LoMs

Opar
27-12-03, 01:24
I thought about this for a while (5-10 mi.... seconds)

and i thought, how about, when Loming, YOU ONLY GET SYNAP ON THE SKILL YOUR LOMING IN!!! So, Opar wants to LoM some useless wep lore into psi use. So opar eats a LoM, he gets 30% synap on INT, 0% synap on all other skills!!

Simple, yet, um... simple.

ben77890
27-12-03, 02:08
sounds great to me :)

Military Ten
27-12-03, 02:10
sounds a lot easier it took me 2 fing days to LOM 178 rifle to pistol on Military Ten...Damn the synap.

=Chojin=
27-12-03, 02:21
i hate to bring SW:G into this but it has an exxellent stat transfer system where u can move your stats in one go but it takes time to travel like 100 points per day but if this were to go into Nc the time would have to b increased a bit.

Ch0

Colt Starling
27-12-03, 02:36
or...

YOu put the desired lom pills in your processor or something like it and go away and get on with your life while it takes 2 days to reset a skill.

Or how about you get instant lom but you cant log your character on for 1 hour... ANYTHING other than this piss poor system we got now.

I understand it was to stop people loming back and forward b4 op fights etc, but the current system looks like it was set up to further frustrate the humble NC sucker!

There is a macro you can use that loms for you.. But seriously, should it really take hours and hours to re-skill a char??

Cruzbroker
27-12-03, 05:08
nice sig.

I don't mind about the time, I mind about the unability to take many pills at once. So, take 20 pills, you have to wait 20x43%, take 150 pills, you have to wait 100x43% or what is it. I don't want to sit next to computer to just click 2 fucking buttons (menu -> use/active).

Well, I'm sure I use macro when I lom my spy. That's what they get with this system. And that's an exploit, yes it is.

(I don't know what's the fun you get with this one-skill-si, you should not be able to fight during lom.)

Eddie
27-12-03, 05:10
Well, having skill-based SI would be difficult to implement currently.

And also, if you're LoMing the same skill, wouldn't you still have to wait for that skill's SI to run out before eating another LoM?

Eddie

Colt Starling
27-12-03, 10:36
Quite frankly, I've seen this post surface many many times before. Problem is, nothing ever gets done.

It obviously serves no real purpose to have to manually sit at your PC in order to pop another lom for hours, yet KK dont seem that interested in what people think.

Seriously man, I dont know why I'm even bothering to reply to this thread. It will again fall on deaf ears :(

*Sigh*

Spectra260
27-12-03, 11:46
how about...

they go back to the ay they used to be...

no side effects:D

or since that will never happen...

it doesnt give ANY synap, but takes the same amount of skill points away as it does now...

this way you wont skill hop because you will lose XP, but not have to wait fucking 7 hours because you wanna try somthing different...

Archeus
27-12-03, 12:59
yea the downtime sucks.

What would be nice is a super lom that just resets all your stats, but you can use only once every 3 months or so. That way you can fix up your character and then use normal loms to fine tune the mistakes.

shodanjr_gr
27-12-03, 13:11
Originally posted by =Chojin=
i hate to bring SW:G into this but it has an exxellent stat transfer system where u can move your stats in one go but it takes time to travel like 100 points per day but if this were to go into Nc the time would have to b increased a bit.

Ch0

Yeah i have to say it too, the SWG skill system> NC skill system

jernau
27-12-03, 14:20
How about just getting rid of them entirely?

Or if that causes too much whining change them back to LoLs (without SI).

ElfinLord
27-12-03, 14:43
What if you could go to the Medicare lay down on a rec unit there after paying some obscene amount of money to have a complete skill reset for a subskill, main skill, or all skills (of course at varying degrees in price :D)? You would get say 50% SI for one subskill, 65% SI for one main skill, and 99% SI for a complete skill reset.

With the reset would come no loss of experience, and for the complete skill reset you should be incapable of using that char for 10 Neocron hours or something.

Anyway, I think the LoM's could be left as is with this as an alternative. This way, if you simply want to 'tweak' one thing you can, but if you need to make drastic changes you can. For example, if you wanted to change from pistols to rilfles, or from constructor to researcher you could do it fairly easily, but it would cost a shitload of money. And I mean a shitload!

Probably no a very good idea, but what do I care, it's just an idea. ;)