PDA

View Full Version : I've made up my mind: The Neocron Community is PATHETIC

Nvidia
27-12-03, 01:04
I just returned from a LOVELY christmas event at Outzone on Pluto...

I read the message, "Bring something worth 1k" but I thought I'd be nice and drop a 3-slot Moon Striker for some lucky bastard. Do I get that chance though? No, because a certain unnamed BT clan (Which I have always respected as a great clan in the past) comes and ganks me not once, but twice, as I sit in the chairs waiting for the GM to finish setting the objects. Of course, I drop the Moonie, and when I ask for it back, all I get are responses like, "fuck off noob"..."we h8 u"..."the gm never said we couldnt pk!"... You get the point.

For the most part, I've always felt that this community was something special, with lots of people willing to help each other out in the past, and the occasional fuck showing up to try and wreck things. But this act almost brought me to tears, I doubt any of you know how much time I spend a day trying to help people out, and the people I know, are actually some of my closest friends. These people I know also help me out TREMENDOUSLY, in both small and large ways. I've always kinda taken this community as a place where I live, because I've met so many nice people. But things like what happened today, when I try to give back to the community, which has brought my so much happiness, and am ganked for it when I'm sitting in a fucking chair with no way to fight back, really makes me want to re-evaluate how I view it as a whole.

I've seen tanks blow noobs away for asking how to reload with a new ammo type...

I've seen people rez-killed

I've seen people noob-buffed

I've seen people ganked for no good god damn reason

I've seen people shot in the back while hacking a warbot

Not to say I'm not guilty of those, but the only way I'd ever do any of those things is if that person had done it to me in the past. Anyways, I guess this was just to let off some steam... I'm just REALLY dissapointed in this community, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Really people, act your fucking age. It's not that hard. Maybe if everyone did this, there would be a larger, more-stable player base? I can't begin to count the number of people I've known that have quit because of assholes who can't control their trigger fingers.

*Sigh*

Flame away.

|EDIT| - Argh, put down the wrong faction :lol:

RuButt
27-12-03, 01:07
its all true, but its also what i enjoy about this game.

I cant really flame you for not enjoying it :p

thadeus
27-12-03, 01:11
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - harassment ]

Mumblyfish
27-12-03, 01:15
YAY!

Whitestuff
27-12-03, 01:16
I agree. The senseless killing of low players is what gets me. I at least try to target people my lvl, which isn't always the highest, but still.....

And to the retards that told you the GM didn't mention not PvPing... The post that is stickied does say No PvP allowed and something tothe effect that you can PvP 355? (should be 364? I think) other days of the year.

J. Folsom
27-12-03, 01:19
The thing with events is that generally the most active players turn up, unfortunately, the most active players have a tendency to be the "1337 kiddies"*, who also usually have a tendency to behave exactly in such ways as you described.
That's not to say that they can't be nice people**, it's just the case that if they see a large group of players together, they can't help but stir things up.

Let's take myself as an example of the other aspect***, I've played Neocron for about 1 year and 3 months, in that time I've probably killed around 4 or 5 other players without their prior consent. This might slightly be related to me not really being much of an FP**** gamer, but it also has to do with the fact that I generally don't feel like attacking first, "talk first, attack later" is the principle for me.

Anyway, don't let the bad eggs ruin it, and instead pay more attention to the good people you know, it's been a great help for me throughout time.

*Being a 1337 kiddie has nothing to do with age, in case any of the younger readers of this forum feel offended.
**Actually, some of the best discussions I've had with people in MMO's is generally with the PKers, it's interesting how many aspects a person can have, don't you think?
***Feel free to consider me as having a huge ego.
****Yes, FP, as in First Person. I'm not adding the usually expected S part because I've mostly played FPRPG's :P

Spoon
27-12-03, 01:19
Yep, plenty of assholes in this game.......:o

Nvidia
27-12-03, 01:20
Thadeus, no need for name-calling, I'd appreciate it if you'd edit your post.

Also, White, agree with you 100%, I saw it too, and told them that almost exactly what you just said, and they just told me to, "Fuck off." :rolleyes:

Vampire222
27-12-03, 01:21
eh aint they biotech now.... the lameristic clan,

ty for the hawkings they dropped

Sanch0s
27-12-03, 01:23
Nvidia, i dont know who you are but i was laughing at u!

When i read what u posted in ubz0rs leaving post i thought what an asshole, u deserve it!

Now stop crying, grow some balls its a game weve all been pked shit happens!
Dont quit oh and for this thread....

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

=Chojin=
27-12-03, 01:25
Originally posted by Sanch0s
Nvidia, i dont know who you are but i was laughing at u!

When i read what u posted in ubz0rs leaving post i thought what an asshole, u deserve it!

Now stop crying, grow some balls its a game weve all been pked shit happens!
Dont quit oh and for this thread....

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

he has valid points in both this thread and his reply regarding the other one imo

but thats just me.

but the community does have its highs and lows.....

Ch0

Style
there is just as much idiots in this community as there are in the every day life or any other community, wot chu complain fo

Pi-Oh-Pah
Originally posted by WhiteKrAkRBOi
I agree. The senseless killing of low players is what gets me.

I agree....I started a PE on Saturn today and was running into CRP zone when a very high lvl APU felt it necessary to Energy Beam my poor 3/9 noob to death :eek:

Took him 4 shot though :D

VetteroX
well, I havnt been on pluto in a long time, but its pretty funny to see someone calling them bullies... I considered them extremely weak bunch of care bears when I was on pluto.

Mumblyfish
27-12-03, 01:26
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

tinman00
27-12-03, 01:28
Nvidia stop acting like u clan are the good guys

I seen dark Kill people when they hack warbots

I seen dark res kill people when they afk

Also i seen dark kill people rank 4/5 so does that class as been ganked?

and also u'r clan killed people at events as well

Stop moaning at the things u'r clan does

So as u lot all ways say put u le back in

Nvidia
27-12-03, 01:30
Sanch0s, I'm not leaving this game, not anytime soon at least :rolleyes: Nice attempt at a flame though

And I'm certain I had a valid point there. I'm sick of the people who come back to check out the new shit and leave again as soon as they get bored. I've been supporting this game since it started in America, and I had to go one month without it, because I had SEVERE financial problems. Other than that, I've been here since Beta4, and I plan on sticking with this game until they shut down the servers.

Nvidia
27-12-03, 01:33
Tinman, I'm not talking about my clan, nor have I in any way EVEN mentioned them. Would you kindly point out where I even wrote the word, "dark"? I'm talking about myself, and the rest of the community. And WTF is wrong with you people? Can you please leave clans/names out of it? I already asked once...

Sealdude
27-12-03, 01:38
Yea sometimes people can be assholes but sometiems they arent so bad. The other day a PE started to PK my noob tank but said "What the hell its christmas" and just walked off.

Spoon
27-12-03, 01:53
You know the maturity level of some people in this community never ceases to amaze me.....

The GM's ask people to put aside their differances for a few hours, so people can enjoy an event.
But no, some people can't handle it, apparently these people can't deal with it if their not at the center of attention 100% of the time......:rolleyes:

•Super|\|ova•
27-12-03, 01:58
Originally posted by Spoon
You know the maturity level of some people in this community never ceases to amaze me.....

The GM's ask people to put aside their differances for a few hours, so people can enjoy an event.
But no, some people can't handle it, apparently these people can't deal with it if their not at the center of attention 100% of the time......:rolleyes:

Yup. Mostly it's the very same ppl who like to exploit also. The reason for that is very plain and simple; they do so because they are able to. And because they are able to do it they like to use it as an excuse and ignore their possible brains. I mean exploit doesn't mean something you are NOT able to do. It means something you aren't allowed to do. Some people just can't see the difference there.

-FN-
27-12-03, 02:05
Originally posted by thadeus
[ edited ]

Not saying it wasn't us because I dont' know, but we're BT and NVidia said CA... There's some interesting fake "facts" being thrown around here...

And if it *was* us, remember, I'm not the leader anymore :lol: ;)

Nvidia
27-12-03, 02:08
Hmm... I keep forgetting you guys are BT now...:lol:

Sanch0s
27-12-03, 02:08
Im not really flaming, but you were moaning at someone for being weak and leaving and how they moan and leave for patches.
Your just the same but moaning at people, because ur better and stick with it through tough times.

I word things really fucked up^^ hard to explain, just u moaned at moaners yet ur also moaning at them and in a seperate thread.

Trillian
27-12-03, 02:09
Yea, FN, it was [ edited ]. They attacked me too. And Niv, I agree with everything you just said. Some people need to have more respect. They obviously dont know how much work it takes to put on an event, and how it bad it is it ruin it like sxr did to the party today.

::edit::

FN I <3 u!!! :)

Shadow Dancer
27-12-03, 02:19
What??? I find it hard to believe [ edited ]would do something like this.

O_o

Maybe there was some explanation for it? :(

Mumblyfish
27-12-03, 02:22
Of course [ edited ] wouldn't do it.

The core problem is, rather than tackle the single people who were responsible, idiots tend to prefer going for the whole clan, who had no bearing on what happened at all.

Go humanity!

Hippieman
27-12-03, 02:27
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Of course [ edited ] wouldn't do it.

The core problem is, rather than tackle the single people who were responsible, idiots tend to prefer going for the whole clan, who had no bearing on what happened at all.

Go humanity!

Hah bull fucking shit it was only 1 person. More like 5-6 members of your clan disobeying the GMs orders going around killing people who were just trying to enjoy a freakin event.

Mumblyfish
27-12-03, 02:28
Where did I say it was just one person?

Feh, I was just working with another person. Who cares?

•Super|\|ova•
27-12-03, 02:30
Who cares?

Huge number of ppl it seems.

Mumblyfish
27-12-03, 02:31
Lies. Your entire argument is based on a dog. A DOG!

-FN-
27-12-03, 02:31
Again, not that I even know what happened, but I did just see some nice screenshots of a GM mouthing off about [ edited ] in OOC.

Here's a little societal rule for ya... publicly say shit about people and eventually that's what they will be. People have been saying "[ edited ] ruins shit" since the DoY Kami event (because we were attacked and attacked back) or the Terminator Event (Because we coordinated for days before the actual event). But, point being, I've known it for a long time, and when I was a leader I shut up and let it slide, but I *know* there are and have been GMs, FCs, and other NC players in a position of "power" that have had bias against [ edited ]. We are (well were at least) probably more organized than any other clan on Pluto. I saw to that. From the forums to voice, to scheduled clan events and outlined hunting days, we knew what we were doing, when, and how to come out of most situations with what we wanted as a clan. That other people are solo, have poor clan organization, or any other reason they weren't able to accumulate 75+ Kami chips, thousands of rare parts, apartments of rares, implants, etc is not our problem.

Seeing these screenshots really irritates *me* in that it's still sad that there are still GMs/FCs/etc around who still have the nerve to become bias in-game and let it show. Any community members who can't at least give SXR the credit for being organized and sometimes monopolizing events are pretty damn ignorant. What does the community expect though after 10 months of getting shit from not only players (which is to be expected and is part of the game) but the members from the supposedly professional part of the game are just as juvenile as the average player.

I dunno. I'm sorry for those who got unnecessarily stressed at today's "should've been fun" event, but there's also been a good deal of BS in the past between clans and the 'upper management' that nobody will ever admit to that as just another paying customer, regardless of leading a clan, we can do nothing about.

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

Hippieman
27-12-03, 02:34
EDIT. Fuckin bold wont work. Just read your own damn post Mumbly.

Mumblyfish
27-12-03, 02:35
"Look Ma, I can work the quote button too?"

I said PEOPLE.

Birkoff
27-12-03, 02:36
DIdn't know about the event until i saw that it was going to start late msg so i DMed some1 and found out about it. I didn't know about the 1k think i must admit but i grabbed a 3 slot wyatt earp (i know i know tacky) and went to OZ station to get a poison stack every now and again. I had anti poison up from the momment i GRed from my apt but thats not the point. I arrived about 5 ins after the admin annouced it was late so i don't think i arrived late yet in the time i was there(probably about an hour... maybe hour and i half i don't know) i didnt see een the beggining of an event jsut ppl messing about.. not jsut [ edited ]....

Lots of things annoying me about this game atm.. need a change....

Didn't get to the event that sounded geat but this was pathetic compared... its Xmas why does everyone have to fuck about.... from what i heard a PLAYER set this up... FFs give em a chance and play aloong. We wer etold it was 0% pvp event :(

Shadow Dancer
27-12-03, 02:38
Originally posted by -FN-

[ edited ]

I'm taking all this with a grain of salt. It's easy to get wrapped up in the moment and say "OMFG [ edited ] DID WHAT? THEY NEED TO DIE!".

Mumblyfish
27-12-03, 02:40
I like how I saw countless other people do it, yet the clan I belong to is the only one that gets the flaming.

Like it.

Birkoff
27-12-03, 02:42
I like how I saw countless other people do it, yet the clan I belong to is the only one that gets the flaming.

Like it.

i never said it was only [ edited ], A lot of people wer messing around and its a shame.

mcouillard
27-12-03, 02:53
Certain individuals will be delt with after the dust has settled. FN said it right - blaming an entire clan for the actions of a few people during a single event is very lame, far too common, and completely juvinile.

Plus, as I've heard, those people who PKed did so before the event even officially occured.

Birkoff
27-12-03, 02:56
Originally posted by mcouillard
Plus, as I've heard, those people who PKed did so before the event even officially occured.

Theevent never did "officially" occure because of them though :(

Or at least i didn't know about it and i was standing on the top of the entrance till right at the end when hexi. and saza dueled.

-FN-
27-12-03, 02:57
Well the problem here is all you need is one public post on the NC forums (whiner or upstanding community member, doesn't make a difference) and then words from our oh-so-professional GM publicly in-game and the world will believe anything you spoon feed them regardless of what any of us say, present at the event or not. (also, for those that want to post regardin the GM issue, it is, I believe, already being set in motion to be investigated).

Think of it this way. A teacher is accused of rape by a student. Regardless of whether it's true or not, regardless of the outcome of the trial, the teacher is "dirtied" for life. [ edited ] had this problem since the GMs and FCs used to pass around that we PK our own faction (then CA) :lol: which was so far from true it made me want to beat some people with meat tenderizers.

mcouillard
27-12-03, 03:01
Originally posted by Birkoff
Theevent never did "officially" occure because of them though :(

Or at least i didn't know about it and i was standing on the top of the entrance till right at the end when hexi. and saza dueled.

No, if you read the official thread on the event, the GM said he'd be late on starting Pluto. It was then announced in game as being 30 minutes or so behind schedule. The accused PKing between [ edited ] and [ edited ] occured before the event started officially.

Rjn
27-12-03, 03:01
well peeps are saying sxr spoiled pluto's event well listen to why we attacked dark and we only attacked because as far as we were concerned the event hadent started as no admin message had said it had

on xmas day a member lost his lib in belt so he gred to get it only to find dark camping gr so another belt droped init this time was his hawkins fair enough if it wasd any other day but on christmas day they would no return it thats lame in my opinion and [ edited ]are extreamly kos to us know this means kill on sight and at event we saw them so we kos no admin said no pking so what did we do wrong ?nothing

-FN-
27-12-03, 03:20
Can everyone at least agree on this?

A *party* event should've been held in a zone where you can't draw your weapon. Everyone wants to expect everyone else to behave but that's near impossible for two reasons:

1) Look at the average gamers age... divide by two, that's most likely their maturity level :p Not always true, but tends to be.

2) Take MJS's "My little brother hacked my account" example... for... example. You should all be smart enough to see what I"m saying there.

If a game based on PvP and Roleplaying wants to have a 100% carebear event where nothing can go wrong, they shoud've done it in an environment where you have the proper methods of control in place to make it happen.

Trillian
27-12-03, 03:51
Originally posted by Rjn
well peeps are saying sxr spoiled pluto's event well listen to why we attacked dark and we only attacked because as far as we were concerned the event hadent started as no admin message had said it had

on xmas day a member lost his lib in belt so he gred to get it only to find dark camping gr so another belt droped init this time was his hawkins fair enough if it wasd any other day but on christmas day they would no return it thats lame in my opinion and [ edited ] are extreamly kos to us know this means kill on sight and at event we saw them so we kos no admin said no pking so what did we do wrong ?nothing

Can you rewrite that with punctuation? I didn't even bother trying to read it.

Archeus
27-12-03, 04:31
Originally posted by Trillian
Can you rewrite that with punctuation? I didn't even bother trying to read it.

I'm more confused as to why someone would be carrying a hawkins in thier backpack.

mcouillard
27-12-03, 04:38
Originally posted by Archeus
I'm more confused as to why someone would be carrying a hawkins in thier backpack.

He had just been killed and GRed back quickly to pick up his dropped lib.

Archeus
27-12-03, 04:45
Originally posted by mcouillard
He had just been killed and GRed back quickly to pick up his dropped lib.

If he GR'ed back quickly, wtf did he have a hawkins in his BP and not in a gogo or his head?? For that matter who in thier right mind GR's back to a hot situation and expect to live?

Or did he take it from the backpack from the ground? Again stupid. If I did have to GR back I'd be lootless and pull from the belt only to try and get it to the safe slot, but even that is stupid as it unlocks your belt if you die too soon.

He made a mistake, that is no excuse to totally fuck everyone else over or PK various people (not all [ edited ]) and loot them.

Marx
27-12-03, 07:51
All I'll say is this, what happened is nothing new.

It was worse on one particular server... Once again - nothing new there.

Not suprised at anything which occured really.

That's pretty sad.

:confused:

Carn
27-12-03, 09:08
Gonna be honest here, I don't like [ edited ] too much. (sorry for mentioning clan names, but everyone by now knows who the 2 clans were) I expected to read this and basically be like, "alright whatever, I could care less for a dark", cus even today I walked down to the PP entrance, to be greeted by a Dark saying "oh look an FA to kill heh". Well I've read the whole thread, and I'm not surprised that shit like this did happen, and it also pisses me off to no end. Some people I suppose can't bully other people around in real life, that's no god damned reason to be an asshole in-game. If you "1337s" want to show off and PK random enemies that have done nothing to you, that is your choice, and I can't say that's wrong, because you're supposed to kill faction enemies. But in an event? Wow guys. I don't give a damn whether or not you knew it was a "no PvP event". Whatever. You should know better, all events shouldn't be PvP unless they're centered around that, like big planned out fights. Grow the hell up people. And if you're going to be annoying and PK at events, at least save the goddamn CHRISTMAS EVENTS.

To GMs: Why don't you give temp bans to people who PK during events where you're not supposed to? Or did you? (not sure)

SovKhan
27-12-03, 09:38
Originally posted by Rjn

on xmas day a member lost his lib in belt so he gred to get it only to find dark camping gr so another belt droped init this time was his hawkins fair enough if it wasd any other day but on christmas day they would no return it thats lame in my opinion and [ edited ] are extreamly kos to us know this means kill on sight and at event we saw them so we kos no admin said no pking so what did we do wrong ?nothing

your member lost a MC5 chip because he was stupid. im sorry but because its christmas has NOTHING to do with it. if he doesnt wanna lose belts on christmas. than dont play on christmas. if there is an event in a zone AND you GO to the event then it should be kept clean. it is neither the time nor place to gank. i dont even know if it was us or you who started the fight but thats just my view. dont hold members of another clan responsable for the stupidity of your clanmate.

Mumblyfish
27-12-03, 14:15
Originally posted by Archeus
If he GR'ed back quickly, wtf did he have a hawkins in his BP and not in a gogo or his head?? For that matter who in thier right mind GR's back to a hot situation and expect to live?

Said person GR'd back in right after being killed, since he assumed his belt could be snagged right away, being only a mouse click away from the GR. His Hawking was, at the time, still in his head. He carried nothing, since he didn't recall his backpack. As such, he wasn't really expecting to drop a belt should he fail to get his Lib back.

Archeus
27-12-03, 14:19
If the hawkins was in his head then there is no way he could of lost it.

Imps do not drop to belts if they are in your head.

SovKhan
27-12-03, 15:29
Said person GR'd back in right after being killed, since he assumed his belt could be snagged right away, being only a mouse click away from the GR. His Hawking was, at the time, still in his head. He carried nothing, since he didn't recall his backpack. As such, he wasn't really expecting to drop a belt should he fail to get his Lib back.

no... it had to be in his backpack from the first time. i dont know if he had it auto gotten or he ran and got his belt and backpack. either way after being pked its just stupid to go back right where you died to get your belt no matter whats in it. not so stupid if you dont get your backpack..... but hey

t0tt3
27-12-03, 15:51
Bha a chance of Peeekaaaay [ edited ] and I wasnt there :rolleyes:

Nidhogg
27-12-03, 16:24
If you want to make a complaint against a runner or clan then do so to abuse@neocron.com. As for the rest, keep it in-game.

N