PDA

View Full Version : Need a new MOBO help me

Syntax-Error
26-12-03, 01:53
Ok so i got a new GFX card for chrimbo (yay me) a sapphire radeon 9600 pro. So i quickly make to install it. ok nice new memory is in first. works fine. then the gfx card. ok now drivers. seems ok. then BAM. sounds it jerky and laggy .. wtf. few driver re-installs. remove upgrade.. no help . format HDD ( was guna do it anyway ) ok one after the other. sound driver. yay works fine. GFX drivers BAM sounds screwed again. wtf...

So after some investigation on the web. it seems to be a bug with Bios.. only needs a new bios. sound.. get the new bios.. and WTF floppy drive is gone. so after 3-4 hours trying to get that sorted its fucked.. on the old GFX card. sounds ok appart from only one speaker works.. this new driver screwed my mobo.

SO the end of this is.. i need a new mobo ( i have the KT7266 Pro 2 )

and i wana know what people suggest. a good mid price will do the job ( not a fancy $300 thing please) mobo.

Please help a stressed out guy :) thnx

WhiteWolf
26-12-03, 02:34
Heres a sweet mobo that i plan on buying when i get the money, perfect for gaming. Mobo (http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?DEPA=&sumit=Go&description=13%2D136%2D129&searchdepa=0). Thats for a P4 though, not sure what have.

___T-X____
26-12-03, 02:45
AMD, get a Abit NF-7 or Asus a7n8x Deluxe, best motherboards around IMHO. Tried, tested, stable, and future proof with the best overclocking options should you decide to go that way.

they are cheap now, dont know how much in USD

The Abit is getting on abit now, so maybe the asus, trawl the web for reviews, both are 5 star boards on every site ive seen

Syntax-Error
26-12-03, 02:46
Ahh ye soz. its gota be a AMD athlon. oh and i changed it to.. cheap as i can get away with.

Psyco Groupie
26-12-03, 03:07
umm wots your power supply rated at ?

if it still works with old gfx its the radeon sucking power thru the molex ;)

Beanie McChimp
26-12-03, 03:08
Originally posted by Syntax-Error

WTF floppy drive is gone. so after 3-4 hours trying to get that sorted its fucked.. on the old GFX card. sounds ok appart from only one speaker works.. this new driver screwed my mobo.

Ok this may or may not sort you out but if you have a spare usb port you could get a portable floppy disc drive Ihave one which is supposed to be use for sony vaio notebooks works fine. Check it out and congrats on the gfx card :D .

Syntax-Error
26-12-03, 14:38
No grapics work fine. its just the GFX card drivers screw up sound drivers.. aswell as a few other things it seems.

Torteth
26-12-03, 15:40
Originally posted by ___T-X____
AMD, get a Abit NF-7 or Asus a7n8x Deluxe, best motherboards around IMHO. Tried, tested, stable, and future proof with the best overclocking options should you decide to go that way.

they are cheap now, dont know how much in USD

The Abit is getting on abit now, so maybe the asus, trawl the web for reviews, both are 5 star boards on every site ive seen

I have the Asus A7N8X Deluxe - bought it when it was brand new. It is without doubt the best motherboard I've ever seen. It has that many features it isnt funny! Its just pure class!!

ElfinLord
26-12-03, 15:42
I also use the Asus A7N8X Deluxe and it really is an incredible piece of hardware.

I got mine from a local wholesaler here in Florida for around $130 US. :)

Oath
26-12-03, 16:20
you got a sounblaster live 5.1?

Lev
26-12-03, 17:53
are you using the default ATI drivers or your boards speciality drivers? use ATI if not, they work great and you may not get some features but ATI will be just as fast

FeeNiX
26-12-03, 18:18
I always go Asus...they make incredibly good Mobos. the mentioned A7N8X is an excellent piece of equipment. I have a P4P800 (its intel) and its sweet too...I love Asus *goes off to hug his large collection of Asus Manuals*