25-12-03, 21:46
how good is this game?

im a planetside player.

will i like this?

DigestiveBiscui
25-12-03, 21:48
neocron > planetside

in my opinion anyway

i hated planetside, so im not sure about this one. You have to work for your fights. you cant just run into battle and fight like mad like in PS, you have GOT the level up, think of good skills etc to use.

It takes a while to get used to, and as long as you dont have a short attention span you should like it :p

Oath
25-12-03, 21:50
depends what exactly your looking for.....

its not as hardcore pvp as planetside, but its a far better game.

ezza
25-12-03, 21:52
well unlike planetside, you have to level up before you PvP at the high end of the character scale.

more weapons/items etc

you have to work on your character setup if youwant to pwn in battle.

cant really compare it really as planetside is battle 24/7 nothin else to do, neocron there are other things to do, hunting hell roleplaying if your into that, cough noob ganking:D lots of stuff:)

having played both theres a world of diffrence between the 2, and gotta say neocron is a lot better in playability than planetside, onyl so much time you can go killing like planetside.

id suggest just trying the trial if your unsure

t0tt3
25-12-03, 21:59
Hes new... he posted in english forum...

AAAAAAAAAAH hes a new player WELCOME :D

hope you love to spend some time and yea you will love it :)

Psycho_Soldier
25-12-03, 22:45
Originally posted by sluggy
how good is this game?

im a planetside player.

will i like this?

Planetside and Neocron are 2 completely different games.

If you were to compare it with only fun aspects in Planetside for example. Quick and easy to get back into battle, no real need to level up, as in leveling up is fun but yet you aren't really gimped if you don't. Nice graphics, lots of really cool weapons, no need to spec for 1 specific weapon, no really bad ass vehicles, there are vehicles but they really aren't anything special, and op wars aren't nearly as cool looking in Neocron as in Planetside.

Neocron's good points are to some people, It takes ALOT more skill to kill someone who has skill. Roleplaying. Tradeskills. You have to actually go out and earn your weapons, and when you lose a good weapon, its hard to keep from crying LOL. Damn.. can someone else help me out here? :p

shodanjr_gr
25-12-03, 22:47
I was on Planetside for about 2 months.

I loved the game, especially at the beginning.

Huge battles, reminded me of Warhammer 40k which i also love.

But what the game didnt have was content. It was constantly kill kill kill kill. Nothing else. Even though SOE did release some new vehicles, they werent enough to keep me in the game and i came back to NC.

So for me PS>NC for the first month or so but in general NC>PS

Hope ive helped :-)

Al3X
26-12-03, 00:05
i play planetside to... you cant compare these 2 games, totally different.. talk to me if you want to at planet, name is roadtonowhere there.

Cryotchekk
26-12-03, 00:25
i think the best way to describe it is the combat element of planet side and the rare collecting/trade skilling of something like ever quest (but futuristic)

___T-X____
26-12-03, 01:01
I downloaded the PS trial today......man I need 5 gigs of space to install it ???? madness.

I think Neocron really sits in the middle of being a pvp game and a roleplay game, its definately not roleplaym because most dont choose to, aside from the obviousness of not killing your own faction/faction allies, but then again that goes on alot.

its takes a while to learn Necron due to many types of processes in tradeskilling / trust / skill. If you play it for any less than a month, you really havent given it ago. Oh and yes, theres alot more to killing bigs rats and monsters called Agressors - which is what I thought it was all about for my first month.

In reality, with the right clan, its possible to reach the full potential of your characters skill path within a week/couple of weeks, on doing so youll have a character you can use for months, by reskilling him into different things.

I would recommend a 4 Character server to begin with, and Choose a clan that is a 'City Faction'. The class of 'Tank' is very easy to play, however alot seem to choose the class of 'Monk' which the Developers say is hard to play, but if anything its currently the easiest class because everyone has a monk, but youll find out all about that.

Uranus is a friendly server- 4 Char, would be a good place to start, however I think Saturn maybe higher player count - in which case, I'd go go Saturn. Uranus is typically 150 people at peak currently, i think Saturn is 200+.

Hope u enjoy your experience.

/edit- If you become a good PvP, its gets recognised by the community and people ingame, that can be very rewarding- people try to 'poach' you for there clan etc, lol. But some people are 'unpoachable' which is where your reputation and playing style comes in amongt many other occasions. Also Neocron is eventually releasing some expansions. Now is probably a good time to join.

/edit, yea, the other things i forgot was the Forums are as much fun as the game...you can really have a laugh on them sometimes

Cruzbroker
26-12-03, 01:44
I think why monks are most difficult to play is because they have 3 skills to put points in, you could as a noob spy, pe or tank just put all the points in one skill and you can do almost anything without knowing how much on each etc.... though the playing (killing) itself isn't so hard on monks...

Shadow Dancer
26-12-03, 01:53
This game has the best PvP of any mmorpg out there ATM. It's very fun, the character creation and various skills to choose from are in-depth. Sort of. :p

Anyways it's really fun and the classes are really different. Play it!

___T-X____
26-12-03, 02:24
dont mention Parashocking to Shadow Dancer, youll unleash a wrath never seen before on other forums...o_O

Rade
26-12-03, 02:33
Planetside has a far better PvP element, but almost no content
whatsoever. If youre looking for FPS entertainment then youre
kinda wrong off but if you want Planetside with more content and
are willing to sacrifice a little on the FPS side then this is your
game. BTW, there is a 10-day free trial so you can check it out
without paying a dime.

Psycho_Soldier
26-12-03, 02:41
Originally posted by Rade
but if you want Planetside with more content and
are willing to sacrifice a little on the FPS side then this is your
game.

I am sorry but that comment is so wrong it's not even funny.

Rade
26-12-03, 03:49
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier

Feel free to elaborate instead of just trolling.

Beanie McChimp
26-12-03, 03:51
You can't say which game is better really but as I have played both neocron isnt instant gratification you have to play for a while (or get into a good clan) to see all this games has to offer. Bit I prefer neocron.

Beanie McChimp
26-12-03, 03:53
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier

How?

Leebzie
26-12-03, 04:12
They are both good for different reasons.

Neocron has a load more life in it, I have been playing a year in January, and a lot of people who have posted on this thread longer than that, which says something about the game.

sanityislost
26-12-03, 04:44
Planet side suck the balls of neocron just so it can think its better BUT IT WILL NEVER BE MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

SHITS AND GIGGLES :D

Psycho_Soldier
26-12-03, 05:11
Feel free to elaborate instead of just trolling.

In neocron there its alot of content but each class is limited upon what skills they can use (specialization). In Planetside there is none. You can use tons of different weapon, which are all very effective, in Neocron you have to specialize for weapon, you can't use all to full capacity. In Planetside you can use all the vehicles, all the weapons, hack and repair and not be gimped in anyway.

Take a look here http://planetside.station.sony.com/howto/manual_detail.jsp?id=55524

Also keep in mind there is quality of content you need to look at as well. Planetside vehicles own any vehicle that has or ever will be in Neocron unless a miracle happens. Same with the weapons as well.

Rade
26-12-03, 05:21
I played PS for 2 months of beta and 3 months of retail, got to
BR18 and 19 respectively, I know a thing or two about the game
thank you. Planetside is a great game but there is absolutely no
content. The combat element owns Neocrons for several reasons,
and imo a cross between NC and PS would blow everyone away.

**edit: I still dont see why you are bashing my previous post, it
looks like we are pretty much in agreement :confused:

Psycho_Soldier
26-12-03, 05:29
**edit: I still dont see why you are bashing my previous post, it
looks like we are pretty much in agreement :confused:

Because to me I feel Planetside has alot more usuable and good content that 1 character can use than Neocron, looks alot better, plays alot better, and you can be in combat alot more, and get into it alot quicker after death. I am more of a combat person, screw all the time sinks. I would play Planetside instead of Neocron but my PC sucks too much now.

I don't include boring tradeskills, time sinks, and tons of other useless items in this game as content. I count the content I actually use, not what is in the game.

Spectra260
26-12-03, 06:36
the only bad thing about planetside is all the fruits who wanted to just be able to sit back and kill monsters left the game during the first few months because they couldnt compete with the skill of other players...

sure, neocron requires skill too, just a different type of skill... it mainly matters on how good your "character" is...in planetside its more of your actualy FPS skill...

the only thing really that the two games have in common is that they are MMO's...ones a FPS and ones a RPG...

currently still with over a year into retail NC has more bugs than planetside does...not to mention planetsides engine is better...plus the graphics are 2 times better...

during open beta, there were so many people playing...and the style was different, I.E there was no lattice system...and other shit like that... i can remember during beta when you were on TR and you had 100's of teamates storming gunuku dropship center, and on the other side there were 200 NC's charging..man that was great...its to bad so many people stoped playing...thats the only thing that ruined the game...

so yea...i still think planetside is better than NC...but thats because im mainly a FPS person, i play CS and BF, etc, everyday...

(TBH NC makes my FPS gaming worse...i just get to used to the fighting style then i get so shitty at other games..makes me mad:wtf: )

k, rant over...