PDA

View Full Version : Make Missions accessible for Neg. faction

FireST@R
25-12-03, 21:33
Was wondering if anyone else has been thinking about this.

I suggest KK make all "easy" missions accessible for players with Negative Faction Symp. This was they Atleast get a choice to change the path they chosen. Because atm there are less to no way for a Character to change to another faction... once they enter PvP combat. You tend to get neg. faction Real Quick :)

anyway.. let me know what you think

Fire

shodanjr_gr
25-12-03, 21:58
Hell yes, since killing faction NPCs is now almost impossible due to the godlike guards, allowing at least easy missions to be acceptable even with negative faction symp seems to be the only logical way to change factions in the game. You will have to make it quite hard to change faction this way though because u would get a lot more of faction hoppin for epics etc.

But still its a great idea.

5 *

t0tt3
25-12-03, 22:02
no make it for Very easy ;) good idea tho...

LTA
25-12-03, 22:07
or i think there should be a special faction missions, like a real long mission that has you doing many tasks (meeting npcs, killing mobs, retrieveing certain items, paying of peeps or something) then when you finish it you get tagged as prooven that you are willing to work the company.

t0tt3
25-12-03, 22:17
Originally posted by LTA
or i think there should be a special faction missions, like a real long mission that has you doing many tasks (meeting npcs, killing mobs, retrieveing certain items, paying of peeps or something) then when you finish it you get tagged as prooven that you are willing to work the company.

Even a better idea!!!!!! And I think they should have that NPC outside somwhere... So you dont need to get into the HQ to just raise there symp =/

I mean if I wanna be CA "which never gonna happend" but if...
I got -100 and to make it to +50 thats loads of missions and killing =/

And I saw that when you killed NPC in this patch you wont get any neg faction symp.. so how should I raise a -100 :lol: gw KK :D

Spectra260
25-12-03, 23:11
atleast the very easy misisons should be able to....

i dont think the "hard" ones though...

shodanjr_gr
25-12-03, 23:27
Originally posted by LTA

That would be great but it would have to be a REALLY long mission like demanding 8 or 9 hours of full play time. If it were less it would be very easy for people to just faction hop all the time to do epics.

FireST@R
26-12-03, 00:01
Well.. I agree on some kind of control is needed if KK decide to implant this into the game. But I still think players need someway of changing their mind on what Faction they want to play. Even if they are gimped by say -100 Faction symp.

Maybe you could make some special mission you needed to do. And you needed to see the Faction office you want to join to get the mission. Make it a loooooong one. Plus it should cost some cash. (Need money sink - to better the economy?)

That way.. We give both the Faction offices and players something to do

Feel free to reflect on this

Fire

shodanjr_gr
26-12-03, 00:07
Originally posted by FireST@R
Well.. I agree on some kind of control is needed if KK decide to implant this into the game. But I still think players need someway of changing their mind on what Faction they want to play. Even if they are gimped by say -100 Faction symp.

Maybe you could make some special mission you needed to do. And you needed to see the Faction office you want to join to get the mission. Make it a loooooong one. Plus it should cost some cash. (Need money sink - to better the economy?)

That way.. We give both the Faction offices and players something to do

Feel free to reflect on this

Fire

Actually it would be great if the game itself would recognise if a player switches factions often. In that case he should have to pay a very large sum of cash to do the change (a few million credits perhaps). But for the player who changes factions rarely it should cost quite a little. So faction hopping would be discouraged since it would cost quite a bit.

Xian
26-12-03, 01:28
I agree completely Fire.

I wanted to switch my Crahn monk over to the Mercs once he got to a high enough level to do some decent missions - but I accidently hit someone at the bunker and now my CM sympathy is paying for it. It's hard enough to start with just 10 sympathy in neutral/allied factions then to make a mistake and have it plunge into the red, making it extremely difficult for me to move my monk over.

jernau
26-12-03, 02:14
Sympathies don't get to -100 on their own.

Why would any faction want to trust someone who ganked their NPCs and/or runners in order to join it's enemy?

No.

/edit - accidental and bug-related losses are easily worked off. I've played a droner for a year so I know more than enough about dealing with bad SL and sympathies.

/edit 2 - Nice poll options btw :rolleyes:

Birkoff
26-12-03, 02:24
Originally posted by jernau
Sympathies don't get to -100 on their own.

Why would any faction want to trust someone who ganked their NPCs and/or runners in order to join it's enemy?

No.

/edit - accidental and bug-related losses are easily worked off. I've played a droner for a year so I know more than enough about dealing with bad SL and sympathies.

/edit 2 - Nice poll options btw :rolleyes:

The only reason you gank NPCs s to get symp, if the implemented somethng like this then no1 wouls really gank NPCs, it would be hard to get to the REALLY low negative numbers. Say you have to have at least -40-50 FS to do the mission. I agree if you go ganking ppl then they won't want you unless you did something over a long period to show that you have shown your worth. Maybe add a way so you can hack you sympt (not jsut by paying some guy) or being able o bribe ppl in the faction or something... would be kick ass add a bit more of an RP ellement.

jernau
26-12-03, 02:37
Originally posted by Birkoff
The only reason you gank NPCs s to get symp, if the implemented somethng like this then no1 wouls really gank NPCs, it would be hard to get to the REALLY low negative numbers. Say you have to have at least -40-50 FS to do the mission. I agree if you go ganking ppl then they won't want you unless you did something over a long period to show that you have shown your worth. Maybe add a way so you can hack you sympt (not jsut by paying some guy) or being able o bribe ppl in the faction or something... would be kick ass add a bit more of an RP ellement.

I have no idea why people think NPC-ganking is a good idea. It's slower than missions and fucks you up.

Birkoff
26-12-03, 02:38
Originally posted by jernau
I have no idea why people think NPC-ganking is a good idea. It's slower than missions and fucks you up.

Its a hell of a lot faster than missions....

jernau
26-12-03, 02:49
Its a hell of a lot faster than missions....

It's faster than Aggi missions if you ignore all the other consequences.

There are other missions you know ;).

funkeymonkey
26-12-03, 04:00
i never botherd with missions when i was changing faction. I would just have a mate create a new char thats hostile to me but allied or nutral to the faction i am changing to. Then i would kill them over and over again at the gr in their appartment.

Birkoff
26-12-03, 04:32
u need about 30 symp to do aggie missions n e way...

You get liek 6 FS per room at first if u do research mission u get like 1 done in the time u gank 28 ppl? Plus u have to get the BPs done.

Took me about 45 mins to get from -41 TG to 50TG in the TT HQ, just barreling.

jernau
26-12-03, 07:56
u need about 30 symp to do aggie missions n e way...

You get liek 6 FS per room at first if u do research mission u get like 1 done in the time u gank 28 ppl? Plus u have to get the BPs done.

Took me about 45 mins to get from -41 TG to 50TG in the TT HQ, just barreling.

Longest It should take from 5 to 50 FS is 30 mins in the worst factions. Recyc is way faster than Research. ;)

As for getting +ve, I just try not to let it ever go under -16 and then it fixes itself in no time.

What state are all your other sympathies in after 45 mins barrelling the HQ of a faction with 4 allies and 3 neutrals?

Most people seem to get into a silly game of repeatedly fixing one FS by totalling 4 others over and over till they aren't welcome anywhere. This seems perfectly right to me, why should someone like that be welcome?

If people deliberately screw their sympathies why should they get an easy way out?