PDA

View Full Version : [BrainPort} Ops

LTA
25-12-03, 20:15
Well after speakin on irc i decided to post not that much comes of it but anyway :p

Changing what ops can offer, how they look (certain ones)

General
Give ops some kinda gate, a hackable gate, destroyable gate or whatever but something provides early warning and stops random peeps strolling around your op. Put the vendor stores outside the op for people who wanna hunt about the zone.

Have some kinda anti stealth turret, like one that just has anti stealth sanctum running but only allow 1 in the op.
I have always like cctv idea but maybe some kinda early warning turret or a uplink turret that shows the current local list of the zone to the op owners in the city com.
Also high about a couple of slightly higher buildings or towers in the op so snipers can snipe from inside?

Factories

Well first i think the basement should consist of some large industrial sector style machinery.
I think aside from the bonus they should offer a "Mass Production" ability, the player say at a special Terminal puts in the BP of the item he wants to produce (lets say 100 drones). Once the BP is enter the terminal comes up with the require number of parts and the estimated nc time it should take to build em all.
Then once you done that you have to get all the parts and put em in say a part of the machine and start it, make the finished items store in say a very very high level hack box (talkin like 150/170 or more hack) as it's very valuable.
Vehicles should just auto register to the op and thus spawn from the op only so peeps don't mass produce like 500 rhinos and sell em.
Also i believe all the production materials should be sold at a vendor within the op at maybe a rate that reduces based on length of time owned?

Labs
Bit like the factory with mass production but on bps, put the item you wanna bp in and and the amount of empty bps (or even let the op produce bps itself without cost) have a vendor like the factory.
I also think that if you own both a factory and lab that they could maybe simultaneously work together in production?

Uplinks
For uplinks i thought maybe they could provide some kind of scan feature that shows who's in certain zones, maybe in some kinda C&C style where it charges then say after half hour you can do zone sweep and it shows who's in the sweeped zone.
Uls will probably be way more usefull with hacknet tbh

Fortresses
Dunno lol :/

t0tt3
25-12-03, 20:40
Good and bad. BP w/o a cost? Make big clans even bigger..
Nice ideas but, make a even bigger profit "cash, no Synap when GR" and your ideas... hmm no plz its good as it is now.

We want more action and by doing 2 - 3 big clans on every planet wont do any solution to our problem.

LTA
25-12-03, 20:47
Originally posted by t0tt3
Good and bad. BP w/o a cost? Make big clans even bigger..
Nice ideas but, make a even bigger profit "cash, no Synap when GR" and your ideas... hmm no plz its good as it is now.

We want more action and by doing 2 - 3 big clans on every planet wont do any solution to our problem.

Well cash imo dosen't matter much anymore, you can buy most stuff anyway as you accumalte cash fairly fast as it is and rares tend to only go for other rares these days.
So clans will get more apts probably, as for the 2-3 big clans well tbh for me it's been like that anyway, there isn't enough players to split through all the factions which is why i think they need to be trimmed down a bit like say Biotech merge with Pp to become like BioChem or something maybe Ts and BD can join and put aside there differences and become some kinda "entertainment" faction and then put pp on a bit more of a lock down so it's like the anti city turf.

I think to make ops worth fighting over even more is why i posted these, i think clans should want them for the sheer amount of goods it can offer for the benefits it can offer etc.
Fair enuff atm you get a bonus and a gr for a zone but well eh

YoDa-UK
25-12-03, 21:33
very good ideas, but also some problems with them, its high time something was done about a factory and lab in that way, mass production should work, but on what? all we build is weps and its to easy to obtain them in plaza 1 for a small fee, maybe with faction weapons it would be good.

As you didnt think of the fortress, how about making the PSI combat count, monks get nothing from it, also a fortress should have mountable turrets that STR 90 tanks can man and fire like a gat.

On the issue of turrets, a anti stealth turret would be great, also a sonic style turret to fire through walls would be good too, this eleminates the monks aiming over or around a box/wall as this turret would fire on them regardless.

Limit those turrets to say one stealth per op ,and maybe 2 sonic per op and fortress having 2 maned gats per.

Also the early warning system needs a change, we need to encourage more clans to get involved in the op scene, not just a few big clans, they only get big coz people jump on the bandwagon instead of making their own.

A hackable door on just the hackroom is enough, via hacknet if needed or at the op itself, this would remove the need to get the vendors outside the op for the hunters, but also give the owning clan a good warning before any layer is taken.

Atm there is a problem with UG camping of the entrance, some clans are big enough to agree on not doing this as it kinda ruins the game and spoils the fun of the fight, but if KK could work around that it would be better, just not sure how.

Those are my thoughts.

LTA
25-12-03, 22:00
Originally posted by YoDa-UK
very good ideas, but also some problems with them, its high time something was done about a factory and lab in that way, mass production should work, but on what? all we build is weps and its to easy to obtain them in plaza 1 for a small fee, maybe with faction weapons it would be good.

Yeah spose, either that or just make ops allow high level constructors to surpas the 87% cap and reach say upto 110? on weapons if there lucky? which in theory would increase slot chances if i remember a mods post ages ago? for research i am not sure but i feel it somehow has to make researchers live a lot easier so thats why i suggested auto bping anyway

As you didnt think of the fortress, how about making the PSI combat count, monks get nothing from it, also a fortress should have mountable turrets that STR 90 tanks can man and fire like a gat.

I like this idea, maybe when you cap the op it has special points on the walls that lets you fix a type of turret, make the turret buyable from hew but be a fairly high lev and have a couple of dif types, you like gat/laser/ray/plasma?
Also yeah psi's should get a bonus to, maybe a big boost to psi use or ppw as apu/ppu would kinda nerf each other out wouldnt they? O_o

On the issue of turrets, a anti stealth turret would be great, also a sonic style turret to fire through walls would be good too, this eleminates the monks aiming over or around a box/wall as this turret would fire on them regardless.

Yeah i think that there should be various turrets to tackle various problems like the monk one, the sonic is a good one maybe hitting with a very high force dmg? as it is probably gonna be shootin sound which is like air movement?
I also think there should be points on the op walls or fences (ie corner posts) where special turrets can be mounted like Extreme range SH type turret (by sh i mean big dmg slow rof) a nailgun poison turret that hits up people with nails (i have a design pic in mind for this one to lol).
Maybe a beefier Arty turret, one that is slow but is like a proper piece of artillery in that it hits it hurts. Then of course maybe a beefier gat (not that the current ones are bad like).
But i think ops should be well defended as normal, but when say the hack gets through layers certain turrets go down, say layer 1 = Wall turrets, Layer 2 = Inner Turrets Layer 3 = Op

Also i think turrets should get slots (yeah bit silleh but encourages more built) so you can get like dmg type turrets.

Limit those turrets to say one stealth per op ,and maybe 2 sonic per op and fortress having 2 maned gats per op.

Yeah it may get a little hectic with 10 tanks sat on big turrets, also don't want every point of the op to be a anti stealth area, just certain section so stealthers have to think before just randomly running around the op.

Also the early warning system needs a change, we need to encourage more clans to get involved in the op scene, not just a few big clans, they only get big coz people jump on the bandwagon instead of making their own.

Send a message to faction or to people on the clans alliance list (we ever getting the clan war system sorted?)

A hackable door on just the hackroom is enough, via hacknet if needed or at the op itself, this would remove the need to get the vendors outside the op for the hunters, but also give the owning clan a good warning before any layer is taken.

Better idea than mine :D

Atm there is a problem with UG camping of the entrance, some clans are big enough to agree on not doing this as it kinda ruins the game and spoils the fun of the fight, but if KK could work around that it would be better, just not sure how.

Well the few i can think of is add more doors? add some kinda "auto heal" feature as you leave (prone to exploit tho)
allow the clans to come into a room on the surface that is locked outside by apt style password have the room have a few doors leading out make it a big room then your not in sync when them doors open :D

Those are my thoughts.

shodanjr_gr
25-12-03, 22:04
Although they could use a few adjustments (which i cant be arsed to right about atm :-)) they look quite good ideas. KK should consider making OPs something that is actually worth fighting over.

Hecktor
25-12-03, 22:11
Fac: Rares only researchable with a Lab

Fortress: Randomly fire its Missiles

Fortress+Uplink: track enemies and fire at enemies ( with a good hacker and for lots of cash of course )

LTA
26-12-03, 00:09
Originally posted by Hecktor
Fac: Rares only researchable with a Lab

Fortress: Randomly fire its Missiles

Fortress+Uplink: track enemies and fire at enemies ( with a good hacker and for lots of cash of course )

lol i always wanted to see them missile being usefull but i dunno if randomly having a missile barrage occur would be fair somehow especially for the peeps hunting.

but who knows maybe have it like my sweep idea where it takes so long to charge before it's useable and the owner has to pick the target but give a it a miss % so sometimes missiles just stray.
The rare research at labs is harsh on those who like to play alone etc, i don't think it would be very fair to do it like tbh