PDA

View Full Version : A little christmas party

Arbiter
25-12-03, 14:48
Merry Christmas dear community!

We will have a little christmas party 2003/12/26, starting 18:00 GMT (UK time) on Jupiter, 19:00 on Uranus, 20:00 on Saturn, 21:00 on Pluto. More details will follow tomorrow.

Arbiter
26-12-03, 14:07
As promised, here are more details about the parties tonight.

Rules:

No PVP, no KOS at the party location. You can PvP the 355 other days in the year... :rolleyes:
Please bring presents for a little game with you. It should be worth around 1k, so it is fair. Please don't cheat the other runners (but I can guarantee nothing).

The thread will be opened when the parties begin, I would like to see some screenshots :D

Edit: Damn 60 second limit :rolleyes:

Arbiter
26-12-03, 20:20
THe places are not all finished yet, so we have to delay the parties for half an hour.

Mumblyfish
26-12-03, 20:51
A-boo. :(

[TgR]KILLER
26-12-03, 21:45
So 1.5 hours still the one on pluto right ? ( its 21:00 here but i'm dutch so we'r an hour ahead on UK time )

Arbiter
26-12-03, 22:00
Pluto: 21:30 UK, 22:30 your time

[TgR]KILLER
26-12-03, 22:20
Thought so.. just making sure..

Mumblyfish
26-12-03, 22:27
Crap, now I need to get a quick present.

And who should I come as? Pistol spy or melee tank? Gnnnnnnnngh! THIS is why I hate Christmas...

Tratos
26-12-03, 22:32
ermm....what we supposed to be doing at these parties?

just asking

~T

Mumblyfish
26-12-03, 22:38
Killing when the GM's back is turned?

Stigmata
26-12-03, 23:08
so where is the party ?

Q`alooaith
26-12-03, 23:24
It's on top of the Neocron gate's...

If your on saturn I'll be the corpse at the top..

Ascension
26-12-03, 23:34
Its 21:00 and im on Pluto on Top Of NC gates!?

Nothin there:confused:

Kimiko
26-12-03, 23:37
Read the thread :p its half an hour late.

MrBane
26-12-03, 23:38
NeMa Radio is currently Broadcasting Live from the event:

82.133.112.128:8000/listen.pls

Tune in for some music as well as chat during the event, and maybe the odd News Report!

Woooooo!!

P.S - Playing good music for Neocron just now.

Cruzbroker
26-12-03, 23:41
EVERYONE LEAVE BEFORE FIREWORKS

NEVER EVER DELETE COPBOTS ON EVENTS MORON

http://koti.mbnet.fi/cerberus/kuvat/neocron/never.jpg

Hope you fucking learn something from this.

Haxxor
26-12-03, 23:44
Crap event :rolleyes:

Tratos
26-12-03, 23:45
OT Mr Bane how does one listen to NeMa Radio, (yes ive sed it b4 and ill say it again im stupid) little help would be nice, and how long has NeMa readio been going?

ON TOPIC

the event wasnt soo gud nothing happened on the Uranus one due to i thjink dick heads spamming begging and just generaly being a twat. thanks for trying tho Arbiter and dont be dishearted. i like events but the people who ruin them piss me off

~T

Stigmata
26-12-03, 23:46
No PVP, no KOS at the party location. You can PvP the 355 other days in the year

no pvp ? hmm when i arrived it was a gank-athon

355 you mean the other 364 days a year dont ya not 355 ?

Cruzbroker
26-12-03, 23:48
Originally posted by Tratos i like events but the people who ruin them piss me off

~T [/B]

I agree, but there's always jerks, so that's why not remove copbots

edit: btw, I don't mind about my death, but I bet many ppl does about their...

VictorKruger
26-12-03, 23:49
good party arbiter, but on saturn, the moment you left it turned in to a gank fest, luckily someone rezzed me before i got my qb hacked and snatched.

Morris
26-12-03, 23:51
Originally posted by stigmata
no pvp ? hmm when i arrived it was a gank-athon

Yeh the instant the copbots disappeared a certain apu/ppu team started freezing and HLing anything red, and things just degraded from there. Enjoy my dogtag and heavy poison belt you sad sacks, those are going to get you places :rolleyes:

Kudos to Arbiter for trying, shame Saturn isn't very receptive to this sort of thing.

Selendor
26-12-03, 23:56
The second we heard Arbiter say he was removing the copbots, we were like 'uh oh', I immediately shielded my clan and most of us got away from the pk muppets. Before that though it was good, everyone behaved and the present thing seemed to work well.

Q`alooaith
26-12-03, 23:56
Very poor event I thought, a large number of people in a small space, with not much to do but a few party game's, then take away the copbot's and the GM flee's as everyone goe's PvP..

Nice idea, shame the system anit up to it..

Oath
27-12-03, 00:07
no-one joined in the mosh pit......no ones joined in my karaoke, i got ganked by the copbots, everyone was spamming........

yeah.......i loved it :D

Arbiter
27-12-03, 00:08
I need another 30 minutes to prepare pluto. Please be patient.

$tormbringer
27-12-03, 00:14
to all tangents that died..... SEX and to nocturne... next time try to kill someone of your size....

Ka0s^
why o why? I sit at the evnt on saturn for an HOUR with TT crahn BD we have fun joke etc ITS A FUCKING FUN EVENT until 2 complete twats wreck it for me by ignoring the no PK rule and ganking me. Well congrats i missed the game in the middle and fireworks at the end and tbh it REALLY made me wonder whos at the other end of some of these chars,

I mean if i can sit there joking with my arch enemies and we can all agree to get on FOR 1 FUCKING NIGHT why do 2 ppl have to wreck it for me?

Its not The PK thing im not a carebear but i do want to be able to enjoy myself at an event, not for it to be wrecked by 2 morons who prolly get off on mucking ppl up

Thank you to selinsil from imposing order who ressed me the first time, i know our clans have seen some hostilities and for u to put that aside and ress me impressed me. TY.

Sigma
Originally posted by Morris
Yeh the instant the copbots disappeared a certain apu/ppu team started freezing and HLing anything red, and things just degraded from there. Enjoy my dogtag and heavy poison belt you sad sacks, those are going to get you places :rolleyes:

Kudos to Arbiter for trying, shame Saturn isn't very receptive to this sort of thing.

it was DangerKlaus and Celas Victoria, those 2 EVIL PKers!!!1111

i hope they burn in hell for that!!11!!1!1!111

Matthew.v.smith
27-12-03, 00:29
Good try Arbiter but if u want my Honest oppinion.....
The event sucked :(.

Sure at the begining it was fun chatting and lobbing drinks around but then it turned into a bit of a nightmare.

For a start me and Ka0s` took some lvl 3 imps to throw as pressies and when we lobbed em we received some Food or trash or a cron beer.....whats the point of doing a lob session when others can get like 20 items and some get nothing.

Secondly the find a Gm event was terrible.
on the way their i got set upon by several Cartel idiots and then when u had been found u diddent update us all so i was left running about for 10 mins while the 3rd part of the event was starting with me thinking u are still hiding o_O.

And finally the Fireworks.

i was expecting colours to appear in the sky or soemthing not a player made firework display!

what were u thinking man? as soon as the cops hit the road it was a PK fest all the way to the GR where I was spammed with fire and poison and died.

FPS sucked (5 max) and i almost lobbed my PA and CS when i was bugged :mad:

Again nice try but i was dissapointed :(

Matty:angel:

Btw who is ure Char Q`alooaith?? i havent seen her about.

Arbiter
27-12-03, 00:32
We are ready now on Pluto.

Archeus
27-12-03, 00:34
What a fucking disaster.

You have SXR PK'ing and looting up top, then when they throw them down the bottom they start PK'ing the people coming up.

Add to that Mikemayhem and his pals are PK'ing people coming through the OZ GR.

BETTER GET A GM ON NOW.

Oh yea, it's hard to help anyone when you get attacked by 4 people who are killing newbies. Just got my belt looted, ho fucking ho.

MrBane
27-12-03, 00:58
Can I just say.......

NeMa Live Radio Broadcast was a total success!!

Big thank you to Fenix and Ascention for their Live Interviews and lengthy discussions!

Oh, next time, make the area a Safe Zone so weapons can't be drawn, and I think we have to agree that the Servers simply can't cope with those kind of numbers in one zone.

:D

Sigma
27-12-03, 00:59
u gotta LOVE xmas :D

Lucid Dream
27-12-03, 01:01
Now, i may be wrong here, but i believe the GMs said, no pking until after the event yes?

Well, when the event was said to be over by the gms, i pull out my SH, fire at a person who my clan was fighting, and im told by a gm "Bye, no more sniping" and i think hmm that was strange, so i put away my SH and walk away, a few minutes later i realize that im the only one there. i think "odd" so i relog. only to find that i cant synch into the game. Hmmm i think, oh well, ill relog. I am convinced at this point that i was kicked out of game by the GM.

This seems odd to me, seeing as the person i fired at, fired at one of my clan mates first... after the event was officially over... and i fire one shot, and im kicked out. Quite BS.

DrNarf
27-12-03, 01:09
Despite a few mishaps with some people on the events, it was good fun, I even got myself a medkit in the present event, yay! Thanks arbiter, Mrs K (can't spell your name :p), Danae and whoever else was there, its not often you see people taking the time to orgonise something like this the day after xmas. *cheers*

As for people screaming at the gms for letting people pk, they can't be everywhere all the time and they do try their hardest to make these events enjoyable. They can't 'remove' mass ammounts of people who are causing trouble and they probobly have better things to do in the xmas hols than sort out the occasional dumbass, so I'd like to thank them for trying to lighten up the christmas spirit that much more. :)

*wanders off humming christmas tunes*

Matthew.v.smith
27-12-03, 01:12
Yeah i kno Drnaff but on saturn it wasnt just "1 random idiot" suddenly (without warning) the whole zone because a PK-Playground for all the BD and TT idiots to have fun pking people who are trying to enjoy themselfs :mad:

Thats what gets my back up.

Especially Harry. who cant keep the his revenge on me untill after the event and proptly poisons me and runs and then Flames me to death when i had little chance to defend myself :mad:

Grrrr.

Matty.:angel:

Matthew.v.smith
27-12-03, 01:15
Mr Bane.

Any word on how to listen to the Radio??

Sorry cant stay on topic but im interested in the radio.

:lol:

INFERNO22
27-12-03, 01:18
But i gotta say i had the MOst fun of all

http://brtf.farcryuniverse.com/pics/shot0096.jpg

Cos im an angel and angels should fly.:angel: :angel:

Ascension
27-12-03, 01:21
OMG H4X :P And yes we all Saw Him Flying about:lol:

DrNarf
27-12-03, 01:22
@Matthew: yeah, it's sad that people try to spoil events like this for everyone else, but my point was the gms can't stop umpteen ammounts of people in 10 different places from pking. I was fortunate enough not to die at that particular event, but even if I had, I'd try not to let them bring me down to their level of bitterness and stupidity. It's christmas, a time for happyness, celebration and getting drunk, not to whine and bitch about others who would try to spoil it. Some people want to be retards, let them, I for one won't let them ruin my christmas over it.

*hums another xmas tune*

Tratos
27-12-03, 01:24
Mr Bane plz tell us how to connect to NeMa radio and not just the IP thing cos im stupid and dont know how to connect, im sure others are also unsure of this, and if you could make a thread and have it stickyed you'd get a lot more traffic and im usre it would help most of us out alot :D

sorry about the off topicness

~T

Matthew.v.smith
Originally posted by DrNarf
@Matthew: yeah, it's sad that people try to spoil events like this for everyone else, but my point was the gms can't stop umpteen ammounts of people in 10 different places from pking. I was fortunate enough not to die at that particular event, but even if I had, I'd try not to let them bring me down to their level of bitterness and stupidity. It's christmas, a time for happyness, celebration and getting drunk, not to whine and bitch about others who would try to spoil it. Some people want to be retards, let them, I for one won't let them ruin my christmas over it.

*hums another xmas tune*

Yeah well sed lol :)

But well I havent slept in like 2 days from all excitement :p
and so tonight im feeling a little irritable :mad:

Nm tho happy Xmas all and Drnarf :)

Edit- Excited over X-mas :P

Kimiko
I was probably the only one not shooting your hover, angel...

... ok maybe I did just a little bit...

Event was ok, except for SXR.

MrBane
27-12-03, 01:25
Matty:

NeMa Radio - Currently Broadcasting On: 82.133.112.128:8000/listen.pls - Great Music & Great Chat! Tune In!

Put the

82.133.112.128:8000/listen.pls

Into your Winamp player.

Matthew.v.smith
27-12-03, 01:26
Gotcha :)

Ch33rs for the reply and Merry Xmas :D

Matty.

Ascension
27-12-03, 01:31
Is it a Bird, Is it a Plane.. No Its a Fat Ass Tank on a Hovertech:p

http://brtf.farcryuniverse.com/pics/shot0095.jpg

Matthew.v.smith
27-12-03, 01:37
Just tuned in :)

that song playing Just then would be amazing Ambient background music :)

Matty.

:angel:

MrBane
27-12-03, 01:39
I have a lot of music designed to be the backing to Neocron for inbetween news broadcasts, etcetc.

About to sign it off for the night anyway. THanks for tuning in!

Matthew.v.smith
27-12-03, 01:40
Originally posted by MrBane
I have a lot of music designed to be the backing to Neocron for inbetween news broadcasts, etcetc.

About to sign it off for the night anyway. THanks for tuning in!
not a problem Seeya :D

ben77890
27-12-03, 01:52
party sucked bigtime

ezza
27-12-03, 02:41
damn if id of known there was gonna be action i would of logged onbut though it was some carebear shit so wasnt botherd

Cruzbroker
27-12-03, 04:34
I wished Arbiter would have spawned the copbots back.. That's how easy it is to make them stop.

MkVenner
27-12-03, 05:36
lol we (iO) were there...Arbiter was spawning aload of those writable data cubes and i didnt get one...well we all sat down and i saw one over the other side so i got up ran and got it...i open up my inventory to have a look...face still to the wall...next thing i know Sel or some one calls out shields to me...i look round and theres a fire apoc and Bl4des Termy in my face...fooking malestrom...lol i just ran sideways and had it off the roof and away on my toes, then came back up but by the time i had got back up every one was downstairs lol...was fun

VictorKruger
27-12-03, 06:13
Originally posted by MkVenner
lol we (iO) were there...Arbiter was spawning aload of those writable data cubes and i didnt get one...well we all sat down and i saw one over the other side so i got up ran and got it...i open up my inventory to have a look...face still to the wall...next thing i know Sel or some one calls out shields to me...i look round and theres a fire apoc and Bl4des Termy in my face...fooking malestrom...lol i just ran sideways and had it off the roof and away on my toes, then came back up but by the time i had got back up every one was downstairs lol...was fun

geez i tried to give you a data disc but you refused to come over to me and i was trying to get to you and you kept running away, i just wanted to give you the disc

Original monk
27-12-03, 09:56
lo arbiter, i think it was a fun event: I saw an event so im happy LOL :P , previous event i didnt see shit but this was cooowl :P

especially in the beginning with all the chairs standing in a circle :)

real cosey :) and the hide and seek and exchanging present was like a real christmasparty, people where complaining that ya didnt spawn 8 slotted cursed souls and stuff but i was allready very happy with the dronereye 2 i found :)

2 bad that i got killed at the end bye someone trying to ruin th event, but i got poked 2 secs later and all i still have in mind was the memory of a fun event: continue youre good job :P

(i promised myself never to take part of any events anymore but i allready broke my own rule 2 days later and guess what: it was a FUN event :P)

cu laterz all, GG, it was fun :)

Archeus
27-12-03, 12:42
I'm amazed at how the people who were killed and looted and pissed off had thier threads locked and deleted (yes they appear to be gone). Better to remove the bad press then actually do something about it.

I'm sure no one will get in trouble for the crap they caused. o_O

The people who were there might of had a good time, but it was hard to have a good time after being looted and people GR camping the zone and the only GR to the event, while others were killing and looting people trying to get up to the event.

The fact I hear there was more free stuff given out at this event just pisses me off even more. It was bad enough I couldn't enter the first event (not PvP), the second event wasn't advertised and held at 4am, but then the players stopping people from going to the third event was the final straw.

Arbiter
27-12-03, 14:04
Okay, no "fireworks" in the future, there are too many people who just started PvP ing that moment.

Some known PKers will get mail soon.

Argent
27-12-03, 15:34
Originally posted by Cruzbroker
http://koti.mbnet.fi/cerberus/kuvat/neocron/never.jpg

Hehe :

http://koti.mbnet.fi/~valkonen/Neocron/party/shot.jpg

http://koti.mbnet.fi/~valkonen/Neocron/party/before.jpg

http://koti.mbnet.fi/~valkonen/Neocron/party/after.jpg

http://koti.mbnet.fi/~valkonen/Neocron/party/ring.jpg

http://koti.mbnet.fi/~valkonen/Neocron/party/cubewasted.jpg

Well anyway.... good idea but it didn't go too well after all (some people got many presents, some didn't get any, etc).

Sefran
27-12-03, 16:35
Thanks to Arbiter for the event to bad it turned out in a chaos...

Anyway keep the events up, even with this little drawback :)

MkVenner
27-12-03, 17:28
Originally posted by VictorKruger
geez i tried to give you a data disc but you refused to come over to me and i was trying to get to you and you kept running away, i just wanted to give you the disc

Thanks m8 but i couldn't get to you...i kept getting stuck on the chairs in the middle (which i couldn't see) and when i did track you down it turned out that u wasnt there n e more coz of the lag...thx n e way

Sigma
27-12-03, 17:38
Originally posted by Argent
[B]Hehe :

http://koti.mbnet.fi/~valkonen/Neocron/party/shot.jpg

w00t thats me in that pic!!!11!11 :D

Sefran
27-12-03, 17:53
And u can be proud of it , hopefully some gm action to stop guys like u from spoiling stuff.

$tormbringer
27-12-03, 18:14
bah no pic of meh :/

.hack//sign
27-12-03, 19:25
omfg thats me saying rellogging !!!

:p

ezza
27-12-03, 21:04
Originally posted by Sigma
w00t thats me in that pic!!!11!11 :D

and judging by the green guy running across screen id say it was Dank and cartel killing as well

$tormbringer
27-12-03, 22:36
uhm either dank or rufus (blood titan) both were there :P

ezza
27-12-03, 23:43
Originally posted by $tormbringer
uhm either dank or rufus (blood titan) both were there :P

gotta love those green guys:D