PDA

View Full Version : Neocron RTS

MkVenner
25-12-03, 00:03
Does any one else think neocron would make a good RTS, it could like b a mod for C&C or Starcraft.

Like one side could b NC the other DoY...NC would have GenTanks PE etc for infantry and DoY would have dulled down Troopers

Nc would have WBs Spiders for tanks...DoY their bots...etc

dunno if its possible due to copy right...tho i wouldnt know where to start lol

shodanjr_gr
25-12-03, 00:05
First of all i think you got the story wrong there :-)

DoY used WBs and bots.

NC used gentanks (they were made by the psi-monkeys)

But hell yeah it would rock. Making a series of starcraft missions along with a few modified units (no new GFX just new names and powers) wouldnt be that hard.

SeXy Happy
25-12-03, 00:06
Hell thats sounds like fun. I would try it out.

Tratos
25-12-03, 00:10
hell yeah that be fackin awesome!

~T

MkVenner
25-12-03, 00:57
cool...i got me a good idea...shame theres no way i can take it thurther...if theres n e one out there who can feel free to...and i thought the NC make WBs now coz wasnt there a story in NeMa where a coupla WBs just off the production line went bezerk...mebbe not...

Elric
25-12-03, 00:59
damn nice idea. With the community here to and its various peoples of expertise in the modding fields, If KK were to give theyre blessing for an RTS mod with NC stuff in it, That would be a very cool thing to do. Im sure with the multitudse of people here theres some that would be capable of it.

MkVenner
25-12-03, 01:30
well if it was shareware ie no one profited then there shudnt b a problem...itd just be more publicity...i can work out all the "characters" ie who gets who as soldiers and i got TONS of ideas for missions, gameplay etc but i cant get none of it on paper or a screen cant program, draw etc...

Magnazan
25-12-03, 01:33
Monks would be overpowered they would be able to zap you before you even uncovered the map

MkVenner
25-12-03, 01:35
lol...u wouldnt obviously have a tank wit every cannon and a Monk with every spell, buy maybe a tank with a plasma cannon and a tank with a rocket launcher, Spy with a sniper rifle and a hacker one, and a pistol PE, and a PPU would b like a C&C medic, PPU would just be standard infantry, no buffs so theyd die easy...but kill easy

Tratos
25-12-03, 01:39
....cool

you could use like tangent factories for weapon buildage and NExT ones for tanks and vehicles omg the possibilities for a Neocron RTS are HUGE!!

somone make one, plz..lol

~T

MkVenner
25-12-03, 01:43
and your could hire merc (CM) and and.....make this plz...theres no one who dont want it...5 stars to make people notice plz...oh oh oh and CA barracks for infantry and crahn temples for monks. tho the DoY stuff would need some imagination...im willing to put the time in...tho like i sed theres little i can do

Tratos
25-12-03, 01:44
....damn...lack.....of....modeling skills :(

but anyway im rating 5 stars :D

~T

Heavyporker
25-12-03, 02:14
its a cool idea...

but the ppus would HAVE to have their defense, really... but just slow acting, so they can't heal up multiple units at once, at least not until you get archon PPUs or something :p

Maybe different kinds of ppus - shield ppus, healer ppus, and an expesnive unit of ressurectiion PPU that returns an unit in their division once every 5 minutes or something - really slow RoF, they couldn't be used in small squads because they'd die so fast.

Anyways, yes, I've thought about this too... I'd love to see something like this come out, maybe even work on it.

Anyhoo - DoY would be almost entirely robotics - spiderbots, wbs, doybots. They'd have their high level DoY guardians - really slow and need a lot of resources to support so they'd only really be usable as defense.

NC would be entirely humans and their vecs - you'd get the Gentanks and Psi Monks and Spies. Psi Monks would cost like 25 to 30x the resources to make a gentank, so you'd really be pressed hard to get many monks up and running. Vecs would be usable, yes and add either heavy firepower or transport abilities.

Outposts wuold be like mission objectives - take this OP, defend that OP, etc - you'd have to route massive armies to outposts, because they'd be your production facilities and such. Look - like this - labs move you up your tech tree by +25% speed and is cumulative with other labs, factories increase your production speed by 25% and same, mines would increase your resource gathering by 25%, fortresses would add a 25% defense modifer to the owners' units INSIDE it, etc etc.

I did say I thought about it :D

MkVenner
25-12-03, 02:54
ok ok i REALLY want this t ohappen...is there N E ONE who can make this work...N E ONE at all... and i think alot of people want it to

Duder
25-12-03, 02:56
APU/PPU RUSH OMGOMGOMG LAME

You know people are just gonna build apus and ppus....

sw1tch
25-12-03, 02:57
make a neocron total annihilation mod, i love that game so much :D

having fights hours long over local lan was sooo fun :)

MkVenner
25-12-03, 03:00
ah u see your all falling into the APU PPU stereotype....they wouldnt be customisable so they wouldnt be the be all and end all...APUs could be useless against tanks for instance or aerial targets

Duder
25-12-03, 03:02
No, the PPU would have a circle of shelter and deflector around him, so the apu can stand around the ppu and snipe the everything from 100m away with their HL.

Birkoff
25-12-03, 03:12
SC > TA

wonder if there are n e small low scale shareware RTS engines u could d/l to see if something got off the drawing board.

Heavyporker
geez, duder... get out... the whiff of prejudice around you is stulifying.

Well, no, but the monks would be especially weak to force/pierce - as in negative force/resist? That way DoY can use their warbots' rocket launchers to whup monk ass.

Oh, about aerial units, DoY gets the Hoverbots, Neocron gets the Gliders, even though from what I've heard, its DoY that makes the gliders, or something...

MkVenner
why tho...my original idea was that PPUs were just medics and mebbe gave +10% damage to those within a cetain radius...APU would be excellent anti personel...but crap anti armour

new units can always be thought up...

Sealdude
25-12-03, 06:29
I would soo help on this. C&C Generals would probably be a good engine because you could have CM as a third side. It might be time for me to seriously learn how to model, code. Anyone know any good noob modeling sites?

Flea
25-12-03, 06:44
I actually made a half-assed neocron scenario for starcraft, its actually kind of fun.

Alashandra_D.
25-12-03, 10:44
as for buildings differnt faction Hq's you build you can purchase upgrades for your troops prehaps, build a TT hq, upgraded firearms, bt hq built upgraded aim and such, just an idea

Shadow Dancer
25-12-03, 11:01
Build ASGs to churn out vehicles.

shodanjr_gr
25-12-03, 12:02
OMG AND U COULD HAVE AN APU AND A PPU FUSE INTO A HYBRID OF DOOM!!!! OMG ME LIKES!!!!

5 STARS, WE NEED A MODDING TEAM NOW!!!!

MkVenner
26-12-03, 03:11
ok ok...i got the sides figured out...didn't think of Mercs, now these r just my idea...i know not every one would like it...just how i would :P and ive done this based on C&C

Neocron:

Rifle PE: Basic Infantry man
Silent Hunter: Sniper...one shot kill, crap vs armour
Hacker Spy: your basic C&C engineer, steals bases money etc
Moon Striker: Missle launcher genTank, good VS tanks/bots, can attack aerial targets
Cursed Soul: Plasma cannon genTank Good VS infantry, weak vs armour
APU: only has one spell...about a mid lvl spell, dies easy
PPU: heals all nearby units (Medic)
Raze: Hero genTank, armed with Devils Grace
Kraven: Hero Sniper...uber range...a special ability dunno yet
<insert name>: An uber APU...like i big barrel
Rhino: Tank
Wheeler: Scout biker
Assult Trike: nuff said
4x4: nuff said
N.E.X.T technology gunship: An heavy slow moving gunship
N.E.X.T technology fighter: fast interceptor
CM Special ops: hard...can place bombs...can silent kill
CM Marines: Fast assult troops
APC: nuff said

DoY:
DoY Trooper: standard infantry
DoY Kami trooper: faster, harder, meaner (not nearly as hard as in game atm) nearly impervious to psi attackj tho die easer to normal attacks
Spider bot: fast scout...weak vs tanks
War Bot: Standard bot
Titan: Biger than normal...harder...
Defense unit: Hard slow...better for defense
Scout unit: Hard fast, leathal
Hover bomber: nuff said
Glider: Fast aerial assult
TG suicide bomber: nuff said
TG Terrorist: car jacker...

Beanie McChimp
26-12-03, 03:17
I thought of this ages ago. Search for a thread about KK making games for consoles.

MkVenner
26-12-03, 03:22
nah m8...RTS's arent good on consoles imo...and with PCs u can mod existing games...oh and another thing

Hero units cant be single shot killed, i couldn't think of n e hero units for DoY, are Y replicants made by DoY and the names of the NC heros r my chars and are just there coz i couldnt b bothered to think up new one (not the monks...my monks name isnt <insert name here> lol

t0tt3
26-12-03, 07:16
Well... you can mod NC how you ever want to do.. just dont make it look bad or something like that and the one and only cant make cash from it... Its a trademark and if you earn a dime from it MJS gonna sue your ass :D

Hmm happy modding :p

Maarten
11-02-04, 05:05
Sounds great, MkVenner...

I am a very experienced modder with RA2 (check my mod www.eaglered.net) and I can make something like that.
Problem is, I don't have any free time left anymore. I still need to finish Eagle Red, I'm working on my own game, I work and I play Neocron on a regular bases. Now if some artists would like to work on a project like this and provide models for the vehicles and infantry graphics, I can make the code for it.

Although I do think a game like Starcraft or Generals would fit the world of Neocron better (gameplay/base building wise).

I can see the base of the Neocron side already before me:
- Cityadmin HQ as center of the base
- Tangent HQ for weapon upgrades
- BioTech HQ for infantry training
- Protopharm HQ for other upgrades
- NEXT HQ for vehicles
- Diamond HQ... no idea
- Crahn Church for PSI monk training and upgrades (or would this be a DoY building?)

Defense structures would be easy... :)
Gattling turret, Plasma turret, Laser turret, Artillery turret...