PDA

View Full Version : Mugged by a Newbie.

Richard Blade
24-12-03, 21:24
Well, not really. But he did make my night.

My constructor was hanging with a researcher friend in Plaza 4.
This 0/3 spy walks up and starts asking some very newbie questions. Why doesn't his hack tool work, how come his gun says he can't use it yet. How do you use this lift? What's my passcode?
I'm sure you've all heard them.

Well, I get through all the regular questions then he asks about the lift. I follow him to his apartment (after telling him how to use Nav-Ray) - Then, he heads up to his apartment.

Now, I'm unarmed, unarmored, wearing my constr glove, and carrying some grease and a few parts. I didn't go up.
He comes back down and asks me to come up and see his place.
I at first said no, but he insisted. So, I told him I'll be right up. I just have to empty my inventory.

I head up to his apartment and there are two names. I waited long enough to see that they were both allies, so I didn't ditch the zone with post haste.

The other person got there from a zonesynch bug when the newbie went up the first time. She was a psi monk and asked me if I poked. Talk about sureal. Anyway, she left and the newbie started asking more questions. How to kick someone out of their apartment, etc. Then he whipped out his stilleto and started swinging at air. Hit me once, did one point of damage that healed in less than a second.
He then says, 'Give me all your money.'
Since I picked up my Wyatt Earp while dumping my inventory in the gogo, I did my best quick draw routine and said, 'NO!'.

So, here's this newbie frozen in space wondering what that swirly means. He must have typed a paragraph in two seconds appologizing and saying he was joking and didn't want the money.

I about fell out of my chair laughing.
We then talked about weapon damage a little bit. I hope he had a good time and got his answers covered.

I should have wished him a Merry Christmas but forgot. So, in using the shotgun theory,
Merry Christmas everyone!

Melkior
24-12-03, 21:27
thats cool, glad some people play this game for fun rather than to be complete *&^$%£%&

Valkyrie
24-12-03, 21:28
Wyatt Earp vs Stilleto....hmmm...my money's on the newbie :p

Sounds like he's having fun then, nice to see that :)

Drake6k
24-12-03, 21:29
lmao poor noob

See wyatt earps are good for something :D I have a explosive silenced one that has a perfect assassin feel... works wonders on noobs and spies. Even some apu monks lol. Should have demanded his knife :angel:

Revslad
24-12-03, 21:31
hehe i like it when noobies do that stuff, they think its like sof2 where you can actually kill sumone with a knife :p

MkVenner
24-12-03, 21:31
happened to me too, tho i was in the P1 Gunmen cellers with my brand new APU 0/3 and he was about 12/xx...he killed me but what really pissed me off was he was CA same as me....so i came back on MkVenner killed but gave him back all his stuff outta belt...and told him to go...not seen him since lol

/edit: rank was 22/xx not 12/xx

Jest
24-12-03, 21:49
Haha Richard nice signature. That was actually me who said that and not JestertheGreat though. :mad: And its actually a quote from Merchant of Venice by Shakespeare. :p

Funny story too. ;)

Nidhogg
24-12-03, 22:20
Think about it from his point of view for a second. He now knows that there is a huge stat element to the game, such that "older" characters are almost godlike in comparison to a newcomer like himself. Don't you think that's given him a massive incentive to play more? To aim for? One day he can be a force to reckon with and that's one of the beauties of a game like Neocron. :)

N

Mumblyfish
24-12-03, 22:24
Shit, if it was me I would have given him 100k and ran off crying.

Anything owns a melee tank.

Xian
24-12-03, 22:29
Haha, quality story, made me laugh as I can just imagine the poor noob piddling himself after you pulled out the Wyatt. :D

Spectra260
24-12-03, 23:03
i remmeber like 7 months ago when there were tons of newbies all in the pluto sewers, i would go down and run up behind someone, open trade and say 'GIMMIE 5000 CREDITS AND I WONT KILL YOU'

if they broke trade i would just kill them:D

Eddie
24-12-03, 23:05
Originally posted by Spectra260
i remmeber like 7 months ago when there were tons of newbies all in the pluto sewers, i would go down and run up behind someone, open trade and say 'GIMMIE 5000 CREDITS AND I WONT KILL YOU'

I remember Serve did that to me.

And I had that much money I didn't care - so I gave him 4999 credits just to take the piss.

Ahh these newbie times, it's these moments we shall forever cherish :D

Eddie

Mumblyfish
24-12-03, 23:09
I remember back when I was a newbie, I was just wandering around, minding my own business... when I got my face blown off by a freezer cannon, then was promptly torched. The big people took my heal spell, which I had just spent one full day of insect-slashing acquiring.

Hold on... Beta sucked :wtf:

Birkoff
24-12-03, 23:27
Being a nooby BD having to walk through PP to get n e wher ein early retail..... dreading the sound of a plasma weapon... dam being n00b ruled..... well being VERY noob ruled.....

Sealdude
24-12-03, 23:29
Ahh I remembered when my noobie slayed another noobie with an automatic pistol. Or when I tried to rob noobs with my plasma rifle. Ahh the memories.

Xian
24-12-03, 23:48

Ahh someone did that to me on Saturn when I was helping a friend around in the sewers..

I had my CS drawn for ages so my rank was something like 3/54, obviously the guy read it wrong and walked up behind me, opened trade, and wrote all in caps "gimme your money". Needless to say, a couple of seconds later I made him give me 10,000 credits to my newbie friend. :D

shodanjr_gr
25-12-03, 00:19
Hehehe, noob stories.

I was leveling my rifle PE (rank 30) at MB bunker along with a melee tank (melee tanks in team give UBER psi xp).
Then this rifle PE (rank 35 or so) starts attacking the melee tank.
I get pissed at her for ruining my leveling. I hunt her down, kill her, get somebody to hack her belt. I got a 2 slot raygun out of it :)

Ah being a noob rocks.

KRIMINAL99
25-12-03, 01:12
Originally posted by Nidhogg
Think about it from his point of view for a second. He now knows that there is a huge stat element to the game, such that "older" characters are almost godlike in comparison to a newcomer like himself. Don't you think that's given him a massive incentive to play more? To aim for? One day he can be a force to reckon with and that's one of the beauties of a game like Neocron. :)

N

Or you could look at it more like... I can't compete until I go lvl treadmill for a week. This is how you look at it once you have had at least one high lvl char lol.

Mumblyfish
25-12-03, 01:17
But on your first char, with a little help, levelling is crazy fun.

Nidhogg
25-12-03, 01:24
Originally posted by KRIMINAL99
Or you could look at it more like... I can't compete until I go lvl treadmill for a week. This is how you look at it once you have had at least one high lvl char lol. Such cynicism on Christmas Eve. Shame on you.

N

KRIMINAL99
25-12-03, 01:39
Hey I don't have a family give me a break

I was a test tube baby from a government expirement gone terribly wrong... Whats a christmas ? :lol:

Leebzie
25-12-03, 01:51
I used to think people could hack the door into my appartment. Used to stand there...paranoid someone would come to kill me...

REMUS
25-12-03, 02:19
i remember my first pvp experiance, where i actually fought back rather than stareing sheepishly at my attacker while they a unloaded clip into my face, some pair of lower ranked assholes had ganked one of my clannies, and the cries for help on the chat menu were iresistable to me, i thought well ive spent a month getting this far i must be getting good or at least powerful so i grabbed my tpc high tailed it to p2 aggy cellar with my heart in my mouth buffed up, went down weapon drawn scanning the room of noobs, reading the situation i could easily tell the pair of evil fuckers rolling out of the tight passage where my clannies assailants by this time my hands where shakeing and i was at the peak of an adreniline rush, blasting the hell out of them was the most excilerateing experiance of nc so far! my char was so close to death it wasnt funny, finally dropping the tank, i was gasping for breath, and the feeling was great and being able to say "you want their tags" in clan chat was an amazing feeling, i guess thats what the feeling of uberness is!

being noobish has its moments the are few and far between, but they are so rewarding.

Ormy
25-12-03, 03:46
I was like a 6/7 apu leveling on saturn, and these two PEs were fighting, each about 10/13. I sat and watched till they were both on low health and then killed em both lol. Thie was before the belt hacking nonsense, so i got a crappy pistol and a TL 3 heal. Being a noob rocks.

Lexxuk
25-12-03, 03:55
its better to try to mug newbies in the low level places, u say "gimme 5nc or else", and, if they dont, u give them a sob story bout a wife, 5 kids n 2 droms, and if they dont pay, u leave em :p

Oath
25-12-03, 04:04
Originally posted by Lexxuk
its better to try to mug newbies in the low level places, u say "gimme 5nc or else", and, if they dont, u give them a sob story bout a wife, 5 kids n 2 droms, and if they dont pay, u leave em :p
*cough*

im having a 'total recall'

*cough*

Shadow Dancer
25-12-03, 04:13
^^
Oath you talking about the movie? Hey man I got 5 kids to feed. :p

lmao, I remember one time seeing an enemy clan member mid level char. I said "give me 10k or die" and he just responded "........" and gave me 10k. :lol:

Ahhhh, good times. :p

Sealdude
25-12-03, 06:24
The funniest time was when I was leveling my rank 15 spy in the sewers with a shiny new laser pistol. Now some really low rank PSI comes up and does some damage so I run (ima pussy) and then I realize I could kick his ass so I heal with rat meat and shoot him. I taught him a lesson.

Revslad
25-12-03, 06:50
once it hit 25th december 2003 at 00:01am i turned all happy and was giving out money to newbs like a slot machine , also gave away a herc on saturn in one of those boxes ^^, back on topic..

yes many a time when i were a wee noobie, too long to remember i held up people for money and then you had 100k you were a very rich motherfucker ^^:D :D

Stolenbyhaxx0rs
26-12-03, 14:13
I remember back when I was a newbie about a year ago.... On pluto, I'm leveling my meele tank in the sewers in plaza 2. This higher level meele tank comes down and pks me. I didn't fight back, I just ran... I then complained "PKER".

Just a little backstory here... I thought it would be funny if I followed people into apartments to steal they're stuff. Sooo I follow a random person into their apartment, then run in the protected part. I hear Tactics saying "Take your LE out fucker", He had his CS drawn :D. I replied with whats and LE, he then started to teach me the game :lol:. So I know tactics is a nice guy.

Anyway, I messaged Tactics to help me with the pker, he came without delay and killed him with his CS. Apparently he was a newb too. His name was something like Anarchy420. Yea thats how it was... I was then weary everytime I entered the newbie sewers ^^. Ehh Tactics then became a Pker with ACTKYC so I left for Saturn.

Q`alooaith
26-12-03, 17:00

I rember somone trying that on with me once I had my APU back then, and I just poped a few Red flash and Beast and legged it, though costing 2500 NC's each it'd have cost just as much to just pay up...

Pi-Oh-Pah
26-12-03, 17:41
Originally posted by Richard Blade
Well, not really. But he did make my night.

My constructor was hanging with a researcher friend in Plaza 4.
This 0/3 spy walks up and starts asking some very newbie questions. Why doesn't his hack tool work, how come his gun says he can't use it yet. How do you use this lift? What's my passcode?
I'm sure you've all heard them.

Well, I get through all the regular questions then he asks about the lift. I follow him to his apartment (after telling him how to use Nav-Ray) - Then, he heads up to his apartment.

Now, I'm unarmed, unarmored, wearing my constr glove, and carrying some grease and a few parts. I didn't go up.
He comes back down and asks me to come up and see his place.
I at first said no, but he insisted. So, I told him I'll be right up. I just have to empty my inventory.

I head up to his apartment and there are two names. I waited long enough to see that they were both allies, so I didn't ditch the zone with post haste.

The other person got there from a zonesynch bug when the newbie went up the first time. She was a psi monk and asked me if I poked. Talk about sureal. Anyway, she left and the newbie started asking more questions. How to kick someone out of their apartment, etc. Then he whipped out his stilleto and started swinging at air. Hit me once, did one point of damage that healed in less than a second.
He then says, 'Give me all your money.'
Since I picked up my Wyatt Earp while dumping my inventory in the gogo, I did my best quick draw routine and said, 'NO!'.

So, here's this newbie frozen in space wondering what that swirly means. He must have typed a paragraph in two seconds appologizing and saying he was joking and didn't want the money.

I about fell out of my chair laughing.
We then talked about weapon damage a little bit. I hope he had a good time and got his answers covered.

I should have wished him a Merry Christmas but forgot. So, in using the shotgun theory,
Merry Christmas everyone!

Just had some noob APU shoot my new PE a couple times in lvl 2 TG caves - so I let myself get killed by mobs while he was still on local :P He has to learn what SL and Symp are :D

Eddie
26-12-03, 19:21
Originally posted by Pi-Oh-Pah
Just had some noob APU shoot my new PE a couple times in lvl 2 TG caves - so I let myself get killed by mobs while he was still on local :P He has to learn what SL and Symp are :D

Blatantly OT, but don't people get SL/Symp hits if they are in the same zone, and not just local?

Eddie

Pi-Oh-Pah
26-12-03, 20:41
Originally posted by Eddie
Blatantly OT, but don't people get SL/Symp hits if they are in the same zone, and not just local?

Eddie

Yes but I was making sure he would see me drop while he lost symp and SL

Alice
26-12-03, 23:50
gah I remember Tactics. He was cool, I didn't get PKed by him, but I had to tell him I "feared him", or he would have killed me when I was in OZ zone. Them were the days.

Oh and the good old times, when Stavr0s was around. He killed my droner, but retrieved my drone for me, and told me to stay out the sewers. Then a load of TT come along, so I messaged him to get out. It felt great to help out someone who was like 100x higher level than me.