PDA

View Full Version : The Pluto steel box event

El_MUERkO
24-12-03, 15:06
Last night arounf 4am GMT there was an event on pluto where people could find rares in steel boxes, all over the world, was it held on staturn as well, I have to goto sleep so I might have missed it.

[TgR]KILLER
24-12-03, 15:07
was there ? little late aint it O.o

GambitFlame
24-12-03, 15:11
Was the funniest thing you ever did see when the annoucement came out Plaza empties.

Thanks Penz and his crew was a quality bit of festive fun even if it did degrade into a turf war in the OZ cos some people are sad like that, starting an fight in the middle of a bit of fun :rolleyes:

I got me like 5 NEMA's :D

Drake6k
24-12-03, 15:13
How could they make an event like that make sense? :wtf:

sounds stupid

Why not events like this one...

http://www.rcmaxx.com/event1.jpg
http://www.rcmaxx.com/event2.jpg
http://www.rcmaxx.com/event3.jpg

Simple, fun, and easy.

Massive spawn > all

REMUS
24-12-03, 15:14
hmm i would of liked to of been there but i guess its good they are doing stuff for other time zones.

Original monk
24-12-03, 15:53
steel boxes .... remember that from some time ago .....

its pretty unfair pluto gets spawns again and we get shit... (and in my case the christmasevent was shitty also cause of not finding the "criminals")

(actually im jealous about the fact that they got copbotplasmarifles in the beginning as a price for some sort of event, on saturn there wherent no copbotplasmarifles given away, ... ever)

Mumblyfish
24-12-03, 15:55
Quit jumping to conclusions. Maybe Saturn's getting the event later. Or maybe Pluto got it exlusively for a good reason. Perhaps Saturn is not getting the SAME event, but rather it's own exclusive event later.

Maybe the GMs got so much shit on Saturn that they decided to give you coal for Xmas :(

dr.fish
24-12-03, 15:58
friend of mine found a couple rares on uranus.

J. Folsom
24-12-03, 16:00
Originally posted by Drake6k
http://www.rcmaxx.com/event1.jpg
http://www.rcmaxx.com/event2.jpg
http://www.rcmaxx.com/event3.jpg Ah, ZeroSanity's "I'm going to kill you all" event, pure class.

Quede
24-12-03, 17:20
Originally posted by Drake6k
How could they make an event like that make sense? :wtf:

Massive spawn > all

Yeah so it can be like all the other events that have been ran.

They all fall into 2 general categories:

1. Something is under attack and massive spawning of creatures
takes place causing great carnage.

2. A criminal(s) is/are loose hunt them down and kill them.

*yawn* so much creative energy goes into that I can barely
contain myself. I'd rush out and buy the book if it were
available.

I realize the game mechanics are quite limited, but it always
seems to be the same thing over and over.

Mercuri
24-12-03, 18:18
Everyone thank Santa Snow.......

Saturn will get their coal boxes, i mean xmas boxes today some time.

:)

-Demon-
24-12-03, 18:52
That was a great event...the boxs are fun to find, not going to spoil to much.

Yeah that turf war was pure class and we hacked quite a few belts and killed a few ppl before i died to the mobs.

VictorKruger
24-12-03, 18:58
:( :( *sniff* *sniff* i won't be able to attend the steel box event then on saturn.

/me goes walking off talking about stupid family get togethers on christmas eve, where are their priorities :D :p

maybe santa snow could put something in my gogu for christmas??? :D :D :D

Valkyrie
24-12-03, 21:31
Got a 1 slot CS on saturn, box appeared next to me in plaza 1 :D

Woosome! :D

Richard Blade
24-12-03, 21:39
My construstor got a three slot Flame Apocalypse. err, I think that's what it was.

It goes to a friend of mine. None of my Alts can use it. It was kinda fun, but the other 11 empty boxes kinda got me thinking. Damn I'm slow.

fatwreck
24-12-03, 21:41
i got a 2 slot SH and a 1 slot rog on uranus but the build quality was crap... 102's and 98's i think

oh and i got 4 NEMA's.... any clue what they are for?

Sealdude
24-12-03, 23:06
I got two meals, a NEMA, and a rigger chip. Im happy! ;)

Spectra260
24-12-03, 23:07
i was kinda mad...

i mean, not furious or anything...just a little disapointed...

i got home about half an hour or so after all the boxes spawned, i saw one and asked in clan chat wtf they were, they told me there were leet0 rares in them and there all over the place, so i ran to every place i could think of to put one of the boxes if i was a GM...

i found like 3 in some pretty weird/hard to find places....all were empty already though:mad:

maybe they coulda made each one spawn a couple of times:confused:

Mumblyfish
24-12-03, 23:12
I reckon instead they should have spawned things like Santa Hats and Lumps of Coal in the boxes. That would have been...

More festive! [Note: Christmas, not Easter...]
Bloody funny hearing people screaming with joy over trade because they got an orange.
Better for the economy.
Fun.

Kthx.

Spectra260
24-12-03, 23:26
Im sure if they wanted to "fix" the economy, they could...for one all they would have to do is raise the droprate of techs...and clean up the rare tech pool...

Mumblyfish
24-12-03, 23:34
How would that fix the economy? That would simply devalue rares, and lower the techpart price.

I'm talking about this event badgering the economy by possibly lowering the value of some rares.

fatwreck
24-12-03, 23:36
Originally posted by Spectra260

maybe they coulda made each one spawn a couple of times:confused:

i found one that spawned 2 times, one time a NEMA the other time a 2 slot SH

Archeus
25-12-03, 01:15
What pisses me off is not that I missed the event which wasn't advertised, but that the things are still there. I keep finding them and they are empty.

Shadow Dancer
25-12-03, 04:22
I missed an event? Wow, surprise surprise...............

:(

TheEnemy
25-12-03, 09:55
I found 9 items on saturn... and unless I found the last ones, there are still a few boxes unopened :)

I logged onto pluto to try and find the same uber secret hidden boxes and found not all boxes were in the same places on both servers.

Spectra260
25-12-03, 10:12
so you think the economy is good by half the server having 16+ million credits and offering 2mill+ for a single tech part? thats ok in your eyes?

that basically completely wipes the chances of so many people in ever getting a rare that they want in a reasonable amount of time...

Archeus
25-12-03, 13:15
Originally posted by Spectra260
so you think the economy is good by half the server having 16+ million credits and offering 2mill+ for a single tech part? thats ok in your eyes?

This is where? Pluto? I don't think so. Only one person recently has asked for TPs for 2 million each (he was buying). In general you can buy them for 25k to 200k each. Sometimes a little more.