PDA

View Full Version : Nerf TS guards?

Fawkes
24-12-03, 13:22
Removing the copbots form PP was a great move and I appreciate it, really. It's fun walking around with your weapon drawn, not having to worry about being blasted to hell by some uber copbot, but now KK gave the TS guards flamers that are even more powerful than the copbot's plasma rifle, not to mention that these guys are litterly all over the place, unlike the copbots who where only standing near the shops and the zoneline. Of course, I'm not talking about removing the TS guards too, because, as some guys said, it's not right because there should be some protection in PP and it adds to roleplay etc. So I was thinking about two options:

First one is to balance their firepower... surely you agree with me that we should have a chance against these guys or at least have a bit more time to run away before we die (right now I have about 3-4 seconds to make it to the zoneline or sewer).

Another option is to program these guards to shoot only when provoked. Right now, whenever they feel like it, they shoot you, no matter what you were doing. Or when they shoot someone else and he dies or makes it to the zoneline, they suddenly turn and start shooting you instead. I don't like this option very much, though, because basically it makes them useless. I mean, why would anyone provoke these guys when they're so powerful and you could die in less than 5 seconds?

What do you think?

ezza
24-12-03, 13:26
removal of some and nerfage of the remaining guards in PP/TG/MB/TH its crap with all the uber powered guards

steweygrrr
24-12-03, 13:37
Theyre hard for a reason....to stop people who shouldnt be there from being there. Otherwise they wouldnt be very good guards would they....

*Wonders why he didnt ask Callash why the STORM Bots guarding the gates of NeoCron from its enemies wherent wasting all the TG, BD, TS and Crahnies stood in front of them*

Birkoff
24-12-03, 13:40
Originally posted by steweygrrr
Theyre hard for a reason....to stop people who shouldnt be there from being there. Otherwise they wouldnt be very good guards would they....

Theres very little to do now though...... raiding HQs was half the games content :)

ezza
24-12-03, 13:41
Originally posted by Birkoff
Theres very little to do now though...... raiding HQs was half the games content :) damn right

[TgR]KILLER
24-12-03, 13:43
Originally posted by Birkoff
Theres very little to do now though...... raiding HQs was half the games content :)

No shit :p

But now the free ppl in TH can finaly think of new ways to make life better for all instead of having to run to their homes every time they go out to buy new datacubes or parts..

Birkoff
24-12-03, 13:46
Originally posted by [TgR]KILLER
No shit :p

But now the free ppl in TH can finaly think of new ways to make life better for all instead of having to run to their homes every time they go out to buy new datacubes or parts..

But it was over kill.... like ever :(

Fawkes
24-12-03, 13:56
Originally posted by steweygrrr
Theyre hard for a reason....to stop people who shouldnt be there from being there.

I didn't say they should have their previous firepower or anything did I? just tone it down a little... it's too harsh as it is now.

edit: 50 views and only 4 votes? v_v

Matthew.v.smith
24-12-03, 15:02
Maybe move the guards on the zoneline around the corner with backs against the wall :)

its still going to prevent TS enemys from getting in PP1
and also opens up another PvP arena without getting wasted because u aimed a bit wrong :)

Matty.:angel:

ezza
24-12-03, 15:05
Originally posted by Matthew.v.smith
Maybe move the guards on the zoneline around the corner with backs against the wall :)

its still going to prevent TS enemys from getting in PP1
and also opens up another PvP arena without getting wasted because u aimed a bit wrong :)

i have np PvPing in PP as a BD, i have problems wit da carebear defences of the outside neocron bases

Matthew.v.smith
24-12-03, 15:06
AKA TH?

ezza
24-12-03, 15:08
Originally posted by Matthew.v.smith
AKA TH?

cough yeah TH and TG and inside MB.

Matthew.v.smith
24-12-03, 15:10
Well since when are TH and TG PvP arenas??

PP1 has been and always will be THE Pvp/PK arena in Neocron.
plus TH had such bad security that if we took one of TT/BD etc's OPs they would reolise they suck and instead run around TH pking all the no0bs that have no idea whats going on!.

Thats just lame in my oppinion and was the exact reason why i pked TT noobs in Aggys.

And i can still recall XTC camping our Clan appy Elevator because we took one of their ops! they reolised they had no chance and decided to raid TH and kill noobs in retaliation...lame
big w00t to them then!
They also camped our Clan app lift and got the pass from a traitor who yesterday lost 7 items in TH because of the Turrets and bad SL hahaha!
they pked all the members in the appy so thats why we need fudging security!

ezza
24-12-03, 15:20
if they allowed FA to raid neocron it wouldnt matter

Matthew.v.smith
24-12-03, 15:22
Diddent have much choice really especially when most of us are out Taking the OP in question only to get back and find the place ransacked by TT noobs who throw Tantrums over a OP and instead of trying to claim it back take it out on TH.