PDA

View Full Version : Kami/DS hybrids....

L0KI
24-12-03, 13:00
This is NOT a whining thread.

Basically, ive been reading thru all hybrid threads, and speaking to a few in game.

The Kami hybrids claim that they have 116 PPU and 115 APU....

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

For the people that have told me this, Kami chip requires APU = 90....

so technically, your APU must be 130, so what does that do to your PPU???

DO you spec it up to 130? or do u leave it as 116?

Ive not seen one single post that had a correct setup in. I have a very decent setup for my new hybrid, so i do not want any advice. I just want to enquire about how much PPU other hybrids have.

cheers

Fang

RayBob
24-12-03, 13:14
Well...I have never built a hybrid but I assume they do something to temporarily get their APU high enough to poke the kami chip in and then the +40 will keep it on. Actually, a PSI Attack 3 boost alone might do it. They probably have to relog to reactivate the kami chip after zoning but that's not a big deal.

L0KI
24-12-03, 13:27
what about when they GR? will reloggin sort that? and isnt that an exploit?

RayBob
24-12-03, 14:58
Originally posted by L0KI
what about when they GR? will reloggin sort that? and isnt that an exploit?
Yes it will and no it isn't.

KRIMINAL99
24-12-03, 16:13
Zoning doesn't do it, only anything that lowers them below requirements like serious impairment or losing imps.

And you probably dont know what your talking about regarding other peoples hybrid setups...

Shadow Dancer
24-12-03, 16:23
Well my hybrid setup wasn' the best, but it was still uber and overpowered. IT was 113 ppu, uhh aroujnd 135 apu and the rest in ppw.

CarniFlex
24-12-03, 17:01
well you only have base 75, get a psicombat3 to make it jump up to 90 to kickstart the kami who gives the rest :) once its working it self supported.

And no it isnt an exploit, its just like relogging after each genrep for a monk pa etc. Some do take the psi3 boost from a ppu after a genrep.

Besides since when is relogging to get your imp working considerd a exploit? I would be banned for 396 years if it was.

LTA
24-12-03, 20:48
heh for that relog thing i always thought if it gave enough +stat then you should be able to use it when your at the right level ie 85 pa and your 81 you should get the +4 on and be able to wear it...

but heh thats my opinion

N1n3
24-12-03, 21:05
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
IT was 113 ppu, uhh aroujnd 135 apu and the rest in ppw.

same here.. allover capped holy ehalo pwnz. everything. everybody. even stupid/careless ppus with holy antibuff ;)

funkeymonkey
25-12-03, 02:21
Hybrids are viable again? Been getting the old neocrack urge to come back for a month see whats changed, if hybrids are viable again thats sealed the deal :)

Xizor
25-12-03, 16:07
Viable if you have a APU kami and a DS, yes..How many have that kind of stuff? :)

Xian
25-12-03, 16:10
You don't have to have a Dimension Splitter - a Kami chip is a necessity though.

Mumblyfish
25-12-03, 16:32
The... the HYBRIDS!

MAKE THEM STOP!

Xian
25-12-03, 16:34
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
The... the HYBRIDS!

MAKE THEM STOP!

I could've sworn you said you were hybrid, too?

Mumblyfish
25-12-03, 16:36
Yeah, back when there were only 3 or 4 on Pluto. Now everybody and their bastard child wants to be one... it's not fun anymore.

Reroller is me.

Netphreak
25-12-03, 21:58
Surely if your a hybrid then 90 apu is nothing anyways.

So have the base ie. 90 then kami puts that up too 130 so thats goot freq on your holy halo and decent power for your Holy Lighting.

Not sure if you have a DS for your monk but i assume you do
:rolleyes:

So with PSI Core, DS, Apu Kami
You would have say:
APU:130
PPU:116
MST:85
PPW:164

Thats i fairly decent setup i would have thought maybe i'm completely wrong.....

shodanjr_gr
25-12-03, 22:01
The problem with hybrids is that they are only viable with an APU kami and a DS. So basically casual players are stuck with normal monks. Now either hybrids should be viable for everyone or they shouldnt be viable at all. Having the best solo class in the game being limited to a small elite of players just isnt balanced. I am not saying that a hybrid with a DS and a kami shouldnt be stronger than one without those imps. Im just saying that a hybrid with a DS and a kami is the only way to play this class. Else you would get crap stats on ALL your spells.

my 5 c :-)

/me puts on Titan vest and casts heat 3

Mumblyfish
25-12-03, 22:20
Sure. While we're at it, make every item in the entire game purchasable from a vendor in P1 for 0 creds. Hell, we can't have people with stuff other people haven't got! That's not balanced, is it?

Sorry, but some of us like to collect "unique" and "rare" stuff. Don't beat the living shit out of the "elite" and take away all their stuff because you want the casual player to have an equal piece of the pie.

shodanjr_gr
25-12-03, 22:40
Sure. While we're at it, make every item in the entire game purchasable from a vendor in P1 for 0 creds. Hell, we can't have people with stuff other people haven't got! That's not balanced, is it?

Sorry, but some of us like to collect "unique" and "rare" stuff. Don't beat the living shit out of the "elite" and take away all their stuff because you want the casual player to have an equal piece of the pie.

READ AGAIN WHAT I TYPED!!!!

The problem is that the whole HYBRID CLASS is unreachable if you dont have a DS and a Kami cause u cant do jackshit without them. Every other class in the game doesnt require an MC5 chip and a kami to be viable. Heck an APU or a tank dont even need Rare weapons to PVP if they got skills. Try doing a hybrid with just a psicore and xp psi controllers 1,2,3. What u get is a character that can barely use holy nrg halo (of course runcasting is out of the question). He can barely use blessed level PPU spells. He has -60 force resist and no decent deflector to cover his weakness. So he gets crap damage/crap defense. As i typed above, a DS+Kami hybrid should always be superior to a non DS+kami hybrid. But at the moment there is no way for a non ds+kami hybrid to survive. Ive tried it. It didnt work.

CarniFlex
25-12-03, 22:46
Mumblefishy youre soooo right on this issue :)

Oh yeah, you want a kami hybrid to best on everything also shodan... ehm... that was just exactly why they nerfed hybrid the first time *hint* *hint*

shodanjr_gr
25-12-03, 22:50
Originally posted by CarniFlex
Mumblefishy youre soooo right on this issue :)

Oh yeah, you want a kami hybrid to best on everything also shodan... ehm... that was just exactly why they nerfed hybrid the first time *hint* *hint*

So you consider it fair that a whole class variation is available exclusively to hardcore players??

Whats next?

APU monk that needs all rare imps/weapons to be barely viable?

You get my point?

I am not screaming for MC5s or kamis to be more easily available. I just want the most fun class in the game to be available to everyone to play with and not just to the select few that it is now.

Shadow Dancer
26-12-03, 01:26
Let me reiterate Shodan's point, since for some odd reason some people are still missing it. You shouldn't require the "rarest of rares" or "super rare" items just to be viable. IMO you don't need kami AND ds to be viable, just kami. I fought a hybrid in neofrag 2 days ago. He had Ds, but no kami. His defense was ubar! But not as good as a PPU. And he was doing such crappy damage to me, it wasn't even funny. I mean like REALLY crappy. Even though i couldn't really kill him unless I debuffed him, I still didn't consider him viable. His damage was a joke.

Hybrids should be realisticly viable like any other class.

KimmyG
26-12-03, 01:31
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
I am not screaming for MC5s or kamis to be more easily available. I just want the most fun class in the game to be available to everyone to play with and not just to the select few that it is now.

They were available for everyone to play and there is a reason why they are like they are now and that is if hybrids are viable and good whats the point of playing anything else.

Maarten
26-12-03, 02:00
So the real question is, how can you make hybrids fun to play with without making the hybrids that have a kami and DS totally uber?

(and with "fun" I don't mean being stronger then any other class)

Birkoff
26-12-03, 02:07
To playa hybrid u have to put some effort into the game save and get a kami then save and get a DS or go to mc5 and get one yourself... Sorry for being thick or something but... where is the problem?

Hybrids are viable for all, you just can't make one from total n00bity and expect to be as good as the people that have been around for a while and built up there possesions. Hybrids are good with only a core if u just want to go MOB hunting, and okish in PVP

Maybe you need more if u want one in pvp that is 100% effective but thats like saying that you want 5 slot HLs and CS to be sold in P1, if u want everything handed to yo on a plate there is test server.... go play it.

Kikyo
26-12-03, 02:29
How is the defense on this kind of Kami/DS monk?

is it very gimped or defense of a ppu? or inbetween?

thx

Liquid_Ice
26-12-03, 03:43
Well the fact that Kami chips are limited will mean that it is impossible for everyone to become hybrid.. Well as harsh as it may seem that should be the way it is... There needs to be something within for the hardcore player.. A while back I would get mad when I missed out on something and nowI just say good for you to the people that are able to get the items in an event ..

Oh and BTW , ingame mail Liquid Ice if you have a DS and want to trade it for a APU kami.. :) I know him quiet well and know he has one for trade :)

one thing I don't know is , do Kami chips repair to 120/120?? if not they are a dying bread of player once their chip is gone they will be no more..

Mr Friendly
26-12-03, 03:48
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Well my hybrid setup wasn' the best, but it was still uber and overpowered. IT was 113 ppu, uhh aroujnd 135 apu and the rest in ppw.

lol..yeah..ok, overpowered...rofl, pfft

ill give an estimate of what mine is, not exact
ppu:130-140
apu: 160-170
mst:88
ppw:120-135

*cough*

KimmyG
26-12-03, 04:07
I think the real question here is, is it comrad rezza?

Seriously since when does everyone have to be able to have the same thing?

This comes down to the fact that 50% of this community 80% of this board is nothing but a bunch of lazy shits. You want a hybrid with a DS go to MC-5 and get one, all it takes is some time and dedication. You want a kami hybrid buy one. Can't get a kami tough shit there are some people that put time and effort into this game and they are the ones with DS's and kami's why should the lazy slackers who dont want to do any work for good items have the same shit and be at the same level as those who put time and work into what they have and do?

Birkoff
26-12-03, 04:20
Originally posted by KimmyG

This comes down to the fact that 50% of this community 80% of this board is nothing but a bunch of lazy shits. You want a hybrid with a DS go to MC-5 and get one, all it takes is some time and dedication. You want a kami hybrid buy one. Can't get a kami tough shit there are some people that put time and effort into this game and they are the ones with DS's and kami's why should the lazy slackers who dont want to do any work for good items have the same shit and be at the same level as those who put time and work into what they have and do?

Totally agree....

In fact thats what i just said :P

Kewl sig, bring back memories :P *pulls out black blessed paineaser*

g0rt
26-12-03, 06:07

Thats what its all about right there. The people who put alot of hard work into this game are the ones with the DS's and KAMI's. Why should the lazy people who put NO EFFORT into obtaining these items be on the same level?

StryfeX
26-12-03, 07:05
Originally posted by g0rt
Thats what its all about right there. The people who put alot of hard work into this game are the ones with the DS's and KAMI's. Why should the lazy people who put NO EFFORT into obtaining these items be on the same level? Not all people who don't have Kami's or MC5's are lazy. A lot of us are simply people who actually WORK full time (or more), and don't have 8 hours straight to camp MC5 or (when they were still out in the wastelands) hunt down and kill a Kami soldier.

I don't know what the hell you lot are smoking, but try and understand the basic gist of the argument here: Hybrids simply *CAN NOT EXIST* without a Kamikaze chip.

And since almost all the people who have those are hardcore players, that pretty much makes an entire class out of reach to us "casual gamers." Yes, I think if you want a hybrid then having a Kami chip should make you stronger (in some ways), but having a hybrid itself shouldn't be impossible without one.

Balancing would require more work if KK were to let the hybrid be truly viable again. My suggestion would be to make PPU spells TL 80 and over require 0 APU and APU spells TL 90 and over require 0 in PPU, therefore restricting the usage of the really good spells to pures only.

Just my 2 nc.

--Stryfe

g0rt
26-12-03, 07:17
Hybrids simply *CAN NOT EXIST* without a Kamikaze chip

I sold my kami chip because I found a non-kami setup which I figured was better. Better defenses, better rank (not perma 100+ so i could acutally solo mobs and get loot), and was only slightly less offensively powerfull then an apu kami setup. I even put the setup on the board.

Plainly put...no you do not need a kami.

As for the MC5, its just lazyness, if you really wanna get a DS you can do it in a week by camping mc5 for one hour a day, if you get decent luck.

Is that so hard?

You wanna be a casual gamer? Then fine. This argument is crap. Basically you are saying if you work 20 hours a week, and your co-worker works 60 hours a week, you wanna get payed 3 times as much as him so you make the "equal" amount of money. Well too fucking bad, hes putting in the time and effort, he gets the reward. You wanna be a casual gamer, then be a casual gamer.... but don't expect to own every rare item in the game.

Drexel
26-12-03, 07:18
Ok, so im a casual gamer, I play 1 hour a day, 2 if im lucky.

I DONT have any GM's as personal friends...

I live in Australia & events are NEVER held during my available times...

If I understand correctly, kami solders no longer exist...

And I cannot get my hands on 10 mil + to buy one...

So my question is, where the FUCK do I get one ?

I have played since Beta 4, i have 2 accounts, I have got 6 of my RL friends to play as well, are you saying I dont deserve to have a Kami or MC5's because im not unemployed & spamming plaza 1 24/7 ?

I think the current situation is unfair that the kamis are only available to those connected, or those who are logged on 10 + hours per day.

Maybe if I start scamming & stealing to get my millions, maybe then i would 'deserve' one ? :mad:

g0rt
26-12-03, 07:23
Originally posted by Drexel
Ok, so im a casual gamer, I play 1 hour a day, 2 if im lucky.

I DONT have any GM's as personal friends...

I live in Australia & events are NEVER held during my available times...

If I understand correctly, kami solders no longer exist...

And I cannot get my hands on 10 mil + to buy one...

I have played since Beta 4, i have 2 accounts, I have got 6 of my RL friends to play as well, are you saying I dont deserve to have a Kami or MC5's because im not unemployed & spamming plaza 1 24/7 ?

I think the current situation is unfair that the kamis are only available to those connected, or those who are logged on 10 + hours per day.

Maybe if I start scamming & stealing to get my millions, maybe then i would 'deserve' one ? :mad:

Rare items are for people who have the time and put in the effort to get them. Plain and simple. If you can't, then be a casual gamer....and in being one that means NOT having all the items and whatnot that a hardcore player has.

I wasn't around for the 'ol spawn a bunch of rares in steel boxes event....real life got in the way...does that mean I am to email a gm and demand a few free rares? No...too bad for me I wasn't there, its no ones fault but mine.

If you think you can play any MMORPG for 1 hour a day and obtain all the best items, im sorry my friend but you are dead wrong.

KimmyG
26-12-03, 08:32
Originally posted by Drexel

You dont simply put you dont get what a hardcore player gets and its to fucking bad for you.

One question I really have is weren't some of you the one screaming nerf and kill the hybrid at the top of your lungs a month ago and now that there gone you want them resurected so in one month you can scream nerf again?

Bottom line is you can have a fair hybrid without anything you get a DS they get better. With a kami you get a differn;t setup that may not be as defensive as a DS hybrid but stronger. You dont have the time or are to lazy to get a kami or DS than 2 bad for you dont get a DS or kami hybrid. Im sick of this shit attitude if every cant have it no one should.

So what is the solution? Sell kami's in shops or have a set spawn so they can overflood the market like everything else then every joe monk can be a hybrid. Hey maybe we can unnerf and make hybrids good again, then we can have the lot of you back here demanding the removal of the hybrid cause the hardcore hybrids are kicking all your asses.

You know what I would like a dildo of maven or one of those special belts that only a few have well I didn't play at those times so tough shit for me. I dont see why people who only play 1 hour a day should have the same stuff as someone who deadicates time to this game.

Flea
26-12-03, 08:42
GUYSES DONTS BOTHERS WITH THATS!!! plays the tanks its easies! AHAE

Original monk
26-12-03, 10:12
i yust started my hybrid 2 days ago :P he's ** 65/23 LoL

and i yust love it, i get the old feeling back that i always loved SOOO much :) i solo swampcaves again and i love it :)

but: i still need some help: is it better to put 90 natural in APU so ya can use the chip by yourself or is it better to have 75 apu and boost combat3 everytime with a ppu to get it back in ... so ya can put the rest in PPW so ya get a littlebitstronger ... ?

also: i need some help on the energyresist: how can i get atleast a littlebit energyresist ?? + what shelters to use ? blessed or holy ? is it better to have hi % on the blessed or lower % on the holy buffs ? no idea ...

gimme some more info please :)

g0rt
26-12-03, 11:26
my old non-kami hybrid setup

could take my rank anywhere i wanted between 69/* to 127/* depending on buffs/pa i decided to put on, meaning great for show AND great for hunting techs....

took rediculously low dmg from just about everything, could outheal a 500% dmg holy lightning really hte only thing that had a chance to kill me was a capped holy lightning...

forget the exact numbers but capped freq and got well over 400% dmg on holy energy halo, which did about 25-40 on capped tanks and could be spit out at 2 a second

in my opinion....this setup was way better then an apu kami setup. why? I was a PPU with a halo, thats why. not piercing/energy bait with a wannabe-pure-apu spell. get my drift? anywhere here it is without con:

http://www.zoneseek.ca/pix/nonkami.gif

Again why this is better then apu kami hybrid

- extremely high resistance, better then any class other then pure ppu by one HELL of a longshot

- offensive capabilities about that of a capped pistol pe

- has insanely high resists, impossible to match or even come remotely CLOSE on an apu kami due to having to fix con for the negativ eto energy

- no real weakness, aka kami hybrid gets debuffed and 2 bursts from a lib or 3 hl shots and hes dead....this monk can still outheal and re-shield before dying

- can walk around and awe people with a 127 battle rank if you take the time to wear the appropriate PA, get the appropriate boosts from another ppu, and wield the appropriate spell

- can also hunt fire mobs, etc for techs with a 69 battle rank giving good return on the loot

- all around an unbeatable char

Why is my PPU not a hybrid anymore? Because this is best for soloing. You can solo whatever you want, any place in the game, and any single player in the game...without a problem.

But I don't play solo atm. Im *ALWAYS* with my clan so a hybrid was of no use to me, thats why its ppu...but let me tell you this kinda hybrid owns. Fuck those apu kami's, you don't need em.

But you do need a DS, so if you're too lazy and you expect a DS to be handed to you on a silver platter, look elsewhere.

* edit * neg the dex booster 2 and the chest rofl

Original monk
26-12-03, 13:11
very intresting info g0rt, you have the same thing but then with a kami ?

im still stuck at the energyminus and how much apu i should use (75 or 90 base), common tell me :P (and wich NUFFS NUFFS, blessed or holy)

this setup tough is a very nice guidline, and post youre consetup next time with it so we can compare and tweak it on our own chars :) or is it so special or experimental ? possible :)

thanx and keep all the valuable info comming :)

btw as a /20 hybrid i was owning aggy's in the aggypits and it was sooo fun LoL, attack and do damage with the energyhalo and heal up when they shoot you :) been soooo long ago i did that with a monk :)

btw: it was worth every penny getting a apukami :) it freaking owns bigtime :P

Leave them as they are them kami's, it takes age's and tons of stuff to get one but if you have it youre glad ya can finally level decently + have a fun class to play with :)

cu later all enjoy hybriding

shodanjr_gr
26-12-03, 13:28
Originally posted by Birkoff
To playa hybrid u have to put some effort into the game save and get a kami then save and get a DS or go to mc5 and get one yourself... Sorry for being thick or something but... where is the problem?

Hybrids are viable for all, you just can't make one from total n00bity and expect to be as good as the people that have been around for a while and built up there possesions. Hybrids are good with only a core if u just want to go MOB hunting, and okish in PVP

Maybe you need more if u want one in pvp that is 100% effective but thats like saying that you want 5 slot HLs and CS to be sold in P1, if u want everything handed to yo on a plate there is test server.... go play it.

Hybrid are not viable for all. Ive done a psicore hybrid (I even had 5 slot halos and shit) but it didnt work at all. Crap heal, total crap damage,crap shelters. Mediocre in PvM (my rank 30 APU monk was far more effective), totaly useless in PvP.

Actually the best wait to set the question is the way Marteen said it: "How can you make hybrids fun to play for EVERYONE while at the same time not overpowering the DS+Kami ones?"

shodanjr_gr
26-12-03, 13:33
Rare items are for people who have the time and put in the effort to get them. Plain and simple. If you can't, then be a casual gamer....and in being one that means NOT having all the items and whatnot that a hardcore player has.

I wasn't around for the 'ol spawn a bunch of rares in steel boxes event....real life got in the way...does that mean I am to email a gm and demand a few free rares? No...too bad for me I wasn't there, its no ones fault but mine.

If you think you can play any MMORPG for 1 hour a day and obtain all the best items, im sorry my friend but you are dead wrong.

Rare items SHOULD be for the people who put time and effort in gettign them , i dont disagree with that. But what you are talking about here is a RARE CLASS. Only hardcore players can be even remotely effective as hybrids. The rest of us, casual gamers are roally screwed. Every other class is part viable without rares (as i said above APU and Tank are quite viable if u got some skill, PPU doesnt even need rares,just high slotage spells, PEs and Spies got epic guns which are quite effective). So the only class that is out of reach for the casual gamer is the hybrid monk.

N1n3
26-12-03, 13:44
my kami hybrid takes 50 dmg (dam capped xray cs) and 140 dmg from HL..

reason a) Coz nrg is skilled (armor + con) higher then 200, the resis are fucked up

reason b) the kami kills more nrg resi then -200

reason c) somebody was right who said that only nrg resi in con (no armor) wont help

whatever is the reason, kami hybrid sux.. :wtf:

KimmyG
26-12-03, 18:52
Rare items SHOULD be for the people who put time and effort in gettign them , i dont disagree with that. But what you are talking about here is a RARE CLASS. Only hardcore players can be even remotely effective as hybrids. The rest of us, casual gamers are roally screwed. Every other class is part viable without rares (as i said above APU and Tank are quite viable if u got some skill, PPU doesnt even need rares,just high slotage spells, PEs and Spies got epic guns which are quite effective). So the only class that is out of reach for the casual gamer is the hybrid monk.

So get yourself a DS and make a hybrids like gort's. Only the kami hybrid is not for everyone.

g0rt
26-12-03, 20:19
Originally posted by N1n3

reason a) Coz nrg is skilled (armor + con) higher then 200, the resis are fucked up

reason c) somebody was right who said that only nrg resi in con (no armor) wont help

Exactly. Sure, a non-kami hybrid is definately less powerfull offensively...but you can setup a non-kami hybrid to take 20 from a cs and 50-80 or so from holy lightning....with a blessed heal running you can completely outheal the CS and take away alot of the hl damage.

AAAAAAAND....you still have a weapon to wield that can easily be compared to a blacksun or anything along those lines.

As for the class being out of reach without a DS...wrongo...it can still be done without a DS, problem is you will take about 30-40 from a CS and hit about as hard as a wyatt earp, so you won't be the best....and everything thinks ONOS IM A HYBRID I HAVE TO BE 10 TIMES STRONGER THEN EVERYONE ELSE...well thats bullshit.

In all honesty I would say:

KAMI + DS HYBRID - antibuff bait, strong offensive otherwise weak

DS HYBRID - strong defensive, moderate offensive, just like a PE that can use blessed heal and high level freeze/dmg boost :lol:

psicore hybrid - above average defenses, although not by TOO much, slightly below average offenses...but an average char nontheless...exactly what a hybrid monk SHOULD be without any "special" items....an average char.

shodanjr_gr
26-12-03, 20:44
So get yourself a DS and make a hybrids like gort's. Only the kami hybrid is not for everyone.

A DS is not for everyone, its not for casual gamers. So you make the hybrid class available exclusively to hardcore gamers right?

KimmyG
26-12-03, 20:47
A DS is not for everyone, its not for casual gamers. So you make the hybrid class available exclusively to hardcore gamers right?

Yes for those who want a hybrid they can spend there time getting DS parts at mc-5 or by trading for them. Dont want to spend the time to get a DS then enjoy a pure or a psi core hybrid.

Anyway I think hybrids are trash and dont see why anyone would want one so bad thety may be king of one vs one but if they cant invovled in a gang bang good night.

shodanjr_gr
26-12-03, 20:47

psicore hybrid - above average defenses, although not by TOO much, slightly below average offenses...but an average char nontheless...exactly what a hybrid monk SHOULD be without any "special" items....an average char.

What the heck are you talking about?
Above average defences? Worse than a PE, worse than a tank, its down in the spy line of defence since your PPU spells are totaly fubared.
SLIGHTLY below average offenses? Id say quite crap offenses. When an APU nrg beam did 200+damage on a WB (non dboosted) and a hybrid nrg beam did 80 damage on a dboosted WB, i would call that crap offences.

All in all, a crap, totally unviable class.

Hecktor
26-12-03, 20:50
Above average defences? Worse than a PE, worse than a tank, its down in the spy line of defence since your PPU spells are totaly fubared.
SLIGHTLY below average offenses? Id say quite crap offenses. When an APU nrg beam did 200+damage on a WB (non dboosted) and a hybrid nrg beam did 80 damage on a dboosted WB, i would call that crap offences.

You work fulltime ? You have money.
You wanna Kami but no time for NC ? Ok then
www.ebay.com

hf

shodanjr_gr
26-12-03, 20:53
Originally posted by Hecktor
You work fulltime ? You have money.
You wanna Kami but no time for NC ? Ok then
www.ebay.com

hf

Any more smart comments like this one???

No i dont work full time.

I STUDY full time (last year in senior high, exams for uni are coming up).

Whatever little time i got left i spend it in playing NC and trolling these forums.

And i consider spending real life money on virtual items a stupid thing to do.

KimmyG
26-12-03, 21:04

I think you may be aiming for some big game spells and not thinking lower spells that you can cap.

This community never ceases to amaze me one minute they are demand hybrids be hung from the highest tree the next they want a viable hybrid and want one for every player. I guess KK has the task of pleaseing a child that doesn't know what it wants. If they follow the complaints and make hybrids viable for all then there gonna have to follow the complaints that follow about nerf the hybrid again. Some of you I think play the game for 5 mins a day and complain for 5 hours a day about on the forum. Some people in this thread I think have canceled there accounts so what do you need kami for all for anyway?

shodanjr_gr
26-12-03, 21:19
I think you may be aiming for some big game spells and not thinking lower spells that you can cap.

No, i also tried 4 slot artifact damage holy nrg halo. Dont remember my exact setup but it also did crap damage.

BTW i never said that Kami+DS hybrid should be equal to a hybrid that doesnt have said imps. What i am asking for is a way for a psicore hybrid to be a VIABLE class. At least semi-viable in PVP, and viable in PVM. Atm they arent viable at all in PVP (no runcast on any spell,crap heal,crap defences) and they arent even semi viable in PVM.

<Edit>

There is a difference on the word viable from the word overpowered. Hybrid were overpowered, they were nerfed. Good move. At the moment DS+kami hybrids are marginally overpowered (they are excellent at soloing but suck at everything else). Psicore hybrids are not viable. Making a class available to everyone is not wrong. Either it should be available to all, or not be available at all.

KimmyG
26-12-03, 21:22
No, i also tried 4 slot artifact damage holy nrg halo. Dont remember my exact setup but it also did crap damage.

BTW i never said that Kami+DS hybrid should be equal to a hybrid that doesnt have said imps. What i am asking for is a way for a psicore hybrid to be a VIABLE class. At least semi-viable in PVP, and viable in PVM. Atm they arent viable at all in PVP (no runcast on any spell,crap heal,crap defences) and they arent even semi viable in PVM.

So what you are saying is they should make psi core hybrids better, that in turn would make DS and kami hybrids better. So now a month or so after the death of the strong hybrid (what everyone was calling for) we will bring back the strong hybrids so we can start the cycle all over again.

You need to wake up and releize most players dont want hybrids back and sure as hell dont want the current hybrids to viable at all so you shit out of luck. Spend your time in MC-5 that is all I can say

shodanjr_gr
26-12-03, 21:27
So what you are saying is they should make psi core hybrids better, that in turn would make DS and kami hybrids better. So now a month or so after the death of the strong hybrid (what everyone was calling for) we will bring back the strong hybrids so we can start the cycle all over again.

You need to wake up and releize most players dont want hybrids back and sure as hell dont want the current hybrids to viable at all so you shit out of luck. Spend your time in MC-5 that is all I can say

Then hybrids shouldnt be at ALL in the game. In no form or shape be it with or without DS+Kami

KimmyG
26-12-03, 21:29
Then hybrids shouldnt be at ALL in the game. In no form or shape be it with or without DS+Kami

So your attitude is I dont wanna spend the time to get a DS so if I cant have a DS hybrid no one should?

Want one maybe stop spending your time here crying and posting and spend the time you are spending here in MC-5, it may take awhile but eventually you can get a DS it took me alot of mc5 runs and I had to deal with alot of frutration to get my DS but eventually I got one and now I am quite happy with it.

shodanjr_gr
26-12-03, 21:31
So your attitude is I dont wanna spend the time to get a DS so if I cant have a DS hybrid no one should?

Nope YOUR attitude is that the community doesnt want hybrids, You say that psicore hybrids should not be made viable since the community doesnt want hybrids.
And I say that since the community doesnt want hybrids, ALL hybrids should be removed from the game.

And its not just about me, its about every casual gamer out there, i couldnt care less if i had a hybrid or not, but a great part of the community is casual gamers (and will be even greater when the game starts being advertised). I dont believe that all these casual gamers like to be left out of a whole character class.

KimmyG
26-12-03, 21:33
Nope YOUR attitude is that the community doesnt want hybrids, You say that psicore hybrids should not be made viable since the community doesnt want hybrids.
And I say that since the community doesnt want hybrids, ALL hybrids should be removed from the game.

No the community doesn't want lots of hybrids running about, they dont wants hybrids to be viable, right now they are not super strong and cause you need to work to get one there arn't tons running about. So I think the hybrid situation is fine right now and doesn't need to be boosted at all. Plus seeing the ever other post is not hybrids rule or nerf the hybrid I think the hybrid situation is dam good.

Mumblyfish
26-12-03, 21:37
Hybrids should be removed from the game.

Bye.

shodanjr_gr
26-12-03, 21:41
No the community doesn't want lots of hybrids running about, they dont wants hybrids to be viable, right now they are not super strong and cause you need to work to get one there arn't tons running about. So I think the hybrid situation is fine right now and doesn't need to be boosted at all. Plus seeing the ever other post is not hybrids rule or nerf the hybrid I think the hybrid situation is dam good.

So you consider that the community accepts this elitism in the hybrid class?? Whats next? Making PEs that can cast shelter available exclusively to a select few that got a particular rare implant??

KimmyG
26-12-03, 21:44
So you consider that the community accepts this elitism in the hybrid class???

I only see a few people that dont want to spend time in mc5 complaing that they cant have a hybrid and dont see to many in the community saying shit about hybrids so yes thats what I think.

Please hybrids arn't elite seeing as most people run with a pure PPU and an apu lets just say 1 vs 1 GG no RE but if a group of hybrids faces a group with a PPU they are weak as shit atleast spys can stealth

LTA
26-12-03, 21:45
Hybrids should be removed from the game.

Bye.

heh in a nutshell :p

There weren't meant to exists, i watched a good load of my friends quit because they got nerfed, so yeah they should be permently out.
As was said Hybs where never meant to be o_O

shodanjr_gr
26-12-03, 21:48
Originally posted by LTA
heh in a nutshell :p

There weren't meant to exists, i watched a good load of my friends quit because they got nerfed, so yeah they should be permently out.

Wrong, there has been official word from KK that hybrids should be in the game but they shouldnt get the best of both worlds.

KimmyG
26-12-03, 21:50
Originally posted by LTA

If that was the case I am sure there are a few easy thing they could have down to kill hybrids.

Like higher percent cancelations the APU/PPU glove and so on.

Mr Friendly
26-12-03, 21:51
in that pic u have in the following:
-PSI cpu
-DS
-exp psi contr 3
-resist chip

LTA
26-12-03, 22:05
If that was the case I am sure there are a few easy thing they could have down to kill hybrids.

Like higher percent cancelations the APU/PPU glove and so on.

They had killed them

only when the ds and kami came where they viable again... why is there so many pures now?
because just about every hyb re rolled cuz they got sledge hammered

g0rt
26-12-03, 23:54

I made a hybrid setup without a DS that can blessed heal and take about 40 from a cs.

You think thats worse damage then any other class? Get real...

Anyone that thinks hybrids shouldn't in the game...why teh fuck not? If properly balanced they can be just like any other player.

The problem isn't hybrids...its freezers. Wanna balance this game? Just take all the freezers out, or make freez spells do as much as the freeze weapons....basically nothing.

KimmyG
26-12-03, 23:59
Originally posted by LTA
They had killed them

only when the ds and kami came where they viable again... why is there so many pures now?
because just about every hyb re rolled cuz they got sledge hammered

SO lots of shits gets hammered but that doesn't mean there dead there just dead till someone takes the time to revamp there setup and make one.

g0rt
27-12-03, 00:01
SO lots of shits gets hammered but that doesn't mean there dead there just dead till someone takes the time to revamp there setup and make one.

Exactly. Hybrids were never dead, its just that no one took the time to find a good hybrid setup. Everyone was like OMG MY HYBRID SUX IM GOING PURE.

@Shodan I heard you just reactivated....ive been playing this game since beta4 WITHOUT STOP, i have *NEVER* deactivated my account. I have worked my ass off to get the items and chars I have now. Thats why I have a few DS's and a psi kami, k? Maybe if you wouldn't deactivate you would have a better chance at getting this stuff.

shodanjr_gr
27-12-03, 01:13
@Shodan I heard you just reactivated....ive been playing this game since beta4 WITHOUT STOP, i have *NEVER* deactivated my account. I have worked my ass off to get the items and chars I have now. Thats why I have a few DS's and a psi kami, k? Maybe if you wouldn't deactivate you would have a better chance at getting this stuff.

I quit out of sheer frustration after getting stuck (and dying from) synch 10 times in a row or something. The point is that really like this game and in my spare time i want to play NC. Anywayz, ill try and get some MC5 time during the vacation, anyone wana PPU for me on Sat?

g0rt
27-12-03, 01:15
I quit out of sheer frustration after getting stuck (and dying from) synch 10 times in a row or something. The point is that really like this game and in my spare time i want to play NC. Anywayz, ill try and get some MC5 time during the vacation, anyone wana PPU for me on Sat?

ill ppu for you on saturn if i can get the riggers parts and sa parts

dm me ingame

or send me a private msg on here if u dont know who i am ingame

‡ Stormlord ‡
27-12-03, 01:38
hmmm... now everybody makes a hybrid?

g0rt
27-12-03, 01:50
Originally posted by ‡ Stormlord ‡
hmmm... now everybody makes a hybrid?

not really htey aren't better then pures unless you ALWAYS play alone

‡ Stormlord ‡
27-12-03, 01:51
Exactly. Hybrids were never dead, its just that no one took the time to find a good hybrid setup. Everyone was like OMG MY HYBRID SUX IM GOING PURE.

Thanks for the respect u gave me ingame Gort...

WoW, there really wasnt ONE hybrid one Uranus server, who FOUND OUT the perfect skill setup.. yeah, there never was one..

I prolly know you never did respect me...

g0rt
27-12-03, 03:57
Originally posted by ‡ Stormlord ‡
Thanks for the respect u gave me ingame Gort...

WoW, there really wasnt ONE hybrid one Uranus server, who FOUND OUT the perfect skill setup.. yeah, there never was one..

I prolly know you never did respect me...

sorry i don't know who you are, and i don't know how you possibly know who I am unless you watched my chars really closely

Mr Friendly
27-12-03, 12:06
Originally posted by N1n3

my kami hybrid too no more than 90 from a HL.... :\ (buffed of course)

Maximilian
27-12-03, 14:43
Ive tried all kinds of hybrids. I got all the gear necessary.

They are FUN to play but do not try to PvP other than 1vs1

if you are more than 1 person on each side then Anything + PPU is still the way to go.

If you wanna be uber go win alot of money. MMORPGs are created for everyone to be equal otherwise people would just cancel their accts :)

/ Max