PDA

View Full Version : Something needs to be done about re-activating accounts

DigestiveBiscui
24-12-03, 12:29
It was only yesterday i realised how many people on here and over IRC etc actually ask how to get their account re-activated, because it is not displayed clearly.

This could be a problem, seeing as some people might want to come back, but due to there cancelled account they cant post on the forums asking, and they cant find a link.

May i suggest that on the neocron homepage under the 'account settings' (or whatever it is :p) next to the cancel account button, you actually have a re-activate account button, which takes you to a page where u input your username and password with an email address, and then an email is automatically sent to account@neocron.com and they reply.

Just think it would be easier is all...

FuzzyDuck
24-12-03, 20:41
too true, for when I'm gonna come back - I have shit all idea what I'm meant to do.

Psycho_Soldier
24-12-03, 20:44
There should be a giant banner saying "Click Here to Reactivate Your Account"

KimmyG
24-12-03, 20:44
Its easy to reactive.

I guess there are alot of stupid people out there.

Mirco
24-12-03, 21:42
Well planetside got a re-visit planetside offer for 10 days or so. All I had to do was log in patch up and I was ready to go. I assume my 10 days start from the first time I logged in. Not actually re-activating, but something that KK should consider when doy is released. Ohh and by the way. The guys and gals at Planetside have done some servermerges on the US servers. The 2 on the west coast and 2 on east cost has each been merged to one west and one east. Seems it can be done.

athon
24-12-03, 23:33
I have no idea where you were looking, but I logged into my account (At neocron.com / Account ) and clicked the link that says something obvious along the lines of 'Reactivate Account' - or its a box to select payment period. Something totally obvious anyway.

Athon Solo

Nidhogg
24-12-03, 23:40
Plus, even non-customers can ask for help on the Newbie forum.

N

J. Folsom
24-12-03, 23:50
Originally posted by Mirco
The guys and gals at Planetside have done some servermerges on the US servers. The 2 on the west coast and 2 on east cost has each been merged to one west and one east. Seems it can be done. Neocron isn't Planetside, their database, as well as server structure, is most likely completely different.

Quede
25-12-03, 22:11
Originally posted by J. Folsom
Neocron isn't Planetside, their database, as well as server structure, is most likely completely different.

And still fairly trivial. So I do not understand the retort.

I reactivated my account and it was quite simple, even for a
moron like me.