PDA

View Full Version : Best Event Ever

VetteroX
24-12-03, 04:34
Thanks to KK and callash and thanatos for making a really good event, this was the best one ever. Herers why:

Actually got something useful from it, was held at a reasonable time, so people other then europeans actually had a chance, and there was lots of pvp involved. I killed many people on my way to finding the one of the GMs. There should be more pvp events like this in the furture, and less carebear junk.

g0rt
24-12-03, 04:37
agreed this was a fun time, the only criticism I had was the fact that it was somewhat tedius at times...like looking for a needle in a haystack but once we found Odin and got a dogtag...it was worth it.

\\Fényx//
24-12-03, 04:37
Originally posted by VetteroX
Thanks to KK and callash and thanatos for making a really good event, this was the best one ever. Herers why:

Actually got something useful from it, was held at a reasonable time, so people other then europeans actually had a chance, and there was lots of pvp involved. I killed many people on my way to finding the one of the GMs. There should be more pvp events like this in the furture, and less carebear junk.

The only thing that pissed me off was me and a mate killed Odin and a fucker of a stealther got the dogtag, not bloody impressed . . . still, guys in my clan got 3 total :)

g0rt
24-12-03, 04:40
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
The only thing that pissed me off was me and a mate killed Odin and a fucker of a stealther got the dogtag, not bloody impressed . . . still, guys in my clan got 3 total :)

For this reason alone my clan was pking everyone in sight

\\Fényx//
24-12-03, 04:45
Originally posted by g0rt
For this reason alone my clan was pking everyone in sight

It was a stealther o_O

If you have a melee tank and a spy that can kill a stealther, ill give you anything you want on pluto . . .

Was a case of seeing a blue cloud by you just as you kill Odin, the cloud running for the dogtag then dissapearing . . . :(

g0rt
24-12-03, 04:48
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
It was a stealther o_O

If you have a melee tank and a spy that can kill a stealther, ill give you anything you want on pluto . . .

Was a case of seeing a blue cloud by you just as you kill Odin, the cloud running for the dogtag then dissapearing . . . :(

All our PPUs (we had 6 or 7 on) had TSS up (for whats its worth :rolleyes: ) and a stealther had to come out simetime....

Zanathos
24-12-03, 04:57
It was fun just to fool around with Callash :D

Me threatened Callash

Callash sais try and kill

friend tries to kill

friend tells Callash to take off God Mode

friend dies from Callash's god like power

me take screenie

me run away stealthed

me take screenie of Callash rezzing friend

me attack Callash

me run away stealthed again

friend takes revenge on me

me die

:lol:

Shadow Dancer
24-12-03, 05:23
Didn't like the event. They didn't spawn around the wastes like I thought, they were in a close proximity to certain spots alot. They really shouldn't say "through out the wastes".

Valkyrie
24-12-03, 05:29
I didn't actually see odin/than, but i explored the wastes quite abit, and killed a few people who randomly attacked me, so it's got to be good in my books :)

Thanks KK :)

VetteroX
24-12-03, 05:43
yeah... I wished they did it a diff way. The one tag I got a stealther was running around me, luckily i eat him to the tag. I attacked 2 other gms but other people snapped up the tags..

Jest
24-12-03, 06:39
By "people other than Europeans" I assume you mean the East Coasters... oh well... I'm sure I'll be able to attend an event one of these days. But I can't complain I guess, I've been to one event in my year of playing after all. :(

KramerTheWeird
24-12-03, 06:45
ya, people on west coast US don't get much chance for events, and the server pop starts dying down as we come from work and finish dinner :(

Mumblyfish
24-12-03, 07:58
The Pluto event (spawn rares for the non-Euro players) was stupid. Watch in amazement as rare weapons and implants especially become worthless. Woo! Yay! Fantastic!

No concept of economy?

VetteroX
24-12-03, 08:16
um.. what?

Spectra260
24-12-03, 08:29
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
The Pluto event (spawn rares for the non-Euro players) was stupid. Watch in amazement as rare weapons and implants especially become worthless. Woo! Yay! Fantastic!

No concept of economy?

maybe it will help it by people selling the items for alot cheaper than the outrageous price that they are normally...

the economy is fucked because people who has unlimited money and resources offer astounding amounts of money to get what they need in a hurry...like serve offering 2 mill per devourer part...now everyone thinks that its ok to sell them for atleast one mill PER part...which is just lame...

i wish it would go back to the old way where it was 50k for any part you need...make a cs for no more than 500k, when now it costs's 500k just for one part...fucking lame.

KramerTheWeird
24-12-03, 08:30
he's talking about one that is happening right now.

Vid Gamer
24-12-03, 08:51
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Didn't like the event. They didn't spawn around the wastes like I thought, they were in a close proximity to certain spots alot. They really shouldn't say "through out the wastes".

Well, I'm sure they didn't want to spawn in K_15 and not be found. o_O

Anywho, great event. I didn't see Odin once but I killed Thanatos twice :D. The first time I was near MB ASG and I suddenly got pelted with plasma on my back and I turned around and saw Thanatos' Spy run like fuck all! LOL

KimmyG
24-12-03, 09:09
Originally posted by Spectra260
i wish it would go back to the old way where it was 50k for any part you need...make a cs for no more than 500k, when now it costs's 500k just for one part...fucking lame.

When was this?

IceStorm
24-12-03, 09:37
the server pop starts dying down as we come from work and finish dinner
Dinner before NC? You obviously have to sort out your priorities. :-)

the economy is fucked because people who has unlimited money and resources offer astounding amounts of money to get what they need in a hurry...like serve offering 2 mill per devourer part...now everyone thinks that its ok to sell them for atleast one mill PER part...which is just lame...
On Pluto we pay a lot if we want something right when it comes out, or we wait and trade or buy cheaper. Most I've ever paid for a single part was 750 for a Core of Constuctor Machina because I was impatient. The rest of my Machina parts I paid no more than 300k for, and most other rareparts I pay 100 to 200k for, at the most. Normally, though, I just trade.

I don't think it'll ever go back to 50k per part, but CS parts I don't usually sell for 500k. I trade or sell them for 150 to 175k. Maybe you're on the wrong server? :-)

Alex The Great
24-12-03, 10:03
haha was fun Me and My Band of Idiots got 2 tags.

\\Fényx//
24-12-03, 10:22
Originally posted by Alex The Great
haha was fun Me and My Band of Idiots got 2 tags.

and we got 5 of yours ;)

Original monk
24-12-03, 10:32
yeah cool event, i waited all day on it, prepared for a few hours, waited a few hours: saw the start anounced in red lines, bit later saw the end anounced after i genrepped and walked about 200 zones: still no sign of an event what so ever except those guys yelling on the trade they got terminatorparts...

if i would ever have seen something close to an event i would of think its fun but waiting an all day and look like a madman to find jack shit :/

lets me think about the daamn wooden boxes again where i looked for for 2 whole days witouth finding ANYTHING, not even a sign of sumthing eventlike, STUPID WOODEN BOXES, stupid fake ass event, ty for getting me in tension for a so called event that when at the last moment my eveits finally anounced to see jack shit of it all: thank you

Dont tell me i didnt look hard enough, i been everywhere ...

You can put youre terminators where the sun dont shine, i see an event as a big party where special things are to see and to do, not genrepping walking, zoning, camping and seeing jack shit but some droms, ocasional warbot and wolf ...

Remind me next time to never participate to an event again in my life, they promise fun and games and ya get: synaptic, boredom, frustration ...

Christmas to me is a hypocritic time of the year where everyone wonna do nice that one moment, well this christmasevent was the same: after about a year they do an event (the kamievent where 20 people where present excluded) and im suposed to be happy to run around the daamn wastes for an hour like a chicken witout a head ? MERRY CHRISTMAS, also to the GM's i didnt even see a glimpse of ...

I can understand they put alot of effort in organising the event and i have a great respect for that, but then again: you need to find the event first .....

I would of prefered loosing 5 rares due to a bug then ruining my evening in search for nothing, this event was one major TIMESINK

\\Fényx//
24-12-03, 10:38
Originally posted by Original monk
yeah cool event, i waited all day on it, prepared for a few hours, waited a few hours: saw the start anounced in red lines, bit later saw the end anounced after i genrepped and walked about 200 zones: still no sign of an event what so ever except those guys yelling on the trade they got terminatorparts...

if i would ever have seen something close to an event i would of think its fun but waiting an all day and look like a madman to find jack shit :/

lets me think about the daamn wooden boxes again where i looked for for 2 whole days witouth finding ANYTHING, not even a sign of sumthing eventlike, STUPID WOODEN BOXES, stupid fake ass event, ty for getting me in tension for a so called event that when at the last moment my eveits finally anounced to see jack shit of it all: thank you

Dont tell me i didnt look hard enough, i been everywhere ...

You can put youre terminators where the sun dont shine, i see an event as a big party where special things are to see and to do, not genrepping walking, zoning, camping and seeing jack shit but some droms, ocasional warbot and wolf ...

Remind me next time to never participate to an event again in my life, they promise fun and games and ya get: synaptic, boredom, frustration ...

Christmas to me is a hypocritic time of the year where everyone wonna do nice that one moment, well this christmasevent was the same: after about a year they do an event (the kamievent where 20 people where present excluded) and im suposed to be happy to run around the daamn wastes for an hour like a chicken witout a head ? MERRY CHRISTMAS, also to the GM's i didnt even see a glimpse of ...

I can understand they put alot of effort in organising the event and i have a great respect for that, but then again: you need to find the event first .....

I would of prefered loosing 5 rares due to a bug then ruining my evening in search for nothing, this event was one major TIMESINK

and bah h4xin hunbug to you to O_o

:p

I had a good time, I got Odin, all i wanted to do, made 7k selling the 0 slot outstanding CS i got from a box to Yos aswell :p

Alex The Great
24-12-03, 10:46
Ah man poor monk the worst part 2 is when we got our first tag we were massing to attack some people or somthing and odin attacked us hahaha.

[TgR]KILLER
24-12-03, 10:58
Only good thing about this event is that with my WB hunt gimp setup and a few more points for stealth one was well worth it.. along the way i'v seen loads of red ppl.. but stealthed past all of them.. 1 time i was all the way @ regants ( yes that far :/ ) and i met somebody in a KOS clan along the way.. even tho it was a spy i din't want to take a risk since my setup sucks O.o..

So there was he on the small road.. i just put up stealth as soon as i saw him.. ran past him.. just when i got behind him stealth ran out.. we were like back to back lol.. i activated stealth again and ran off he never knew were i was even tho he must have seen my name :p

a well.. on one hand it was fun running from TH to McP GR to TH run to F02 ( rengant ) then walk all the way back up to Battle Dome and then to Tescom.. GRed to RP from there and then the event was over O.o still nothing..

A well just work for another 7 hours then Holiday.. and i can hunt some WBs get some cash.. and poke someones termy off them :p

dr.fish
24-12-03, 14:00
was fun :)

altho i have no use of this terminator, i'll be for my collection

Nish
24-12-03, 17:54
yeah that was nicely coordinated, cheers to the GM's involved. just a couple of annoying things particularly with people snapping up the dogtags that they didn't deserve. good to see the GM criminals not running around with devourers and holy buffs, heh.