PDA

View Full Version : picture of a 'real ghost'!

RuButt
24-12-03, 03:40
http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/12/19/hampton.ghost.ap/

bounty
24-12-03, 03:43
Wow, that picture definitely coudln't be a hoax or anything, nope, no hoax written all over that one :)

People wanting/craving public attention?!?!?! Get out!

24-12-03, 03:53
Looks more like some weird guy that broke in and ran around dressed funny.

RuButt
24-12-03, 03:54
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/0312/19/spoky.jpg

will be funny to hear the "scientists" respond to "the ghost".

Drake6k
24-12-03, 03:56
Originally posted by RuButt
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/0312/19/spoky.jpg

will be funny to hear the "scientists" respond to "the ghost".

Ok I'm a scientist.

It's fake.

Tratos
24-12-03, 03:57
fake or no its fucking creepy

-hides-

~T

RuButt
24-12-03, 03:58
Originally posted by Drake6k
Ok I'm a scientist.

It's fake.

well, im a hippie and i say its real!

you hear the security team! ITS REAL!!! :O

MAKE LOVE! NOT WAR!

or is it "make peace not love" ..... or.......lol...

anyway, personally, i dont know what to think... i think that the thing looks scary, so im avoiding it =P

Zanathos
24-12-03, 03:59
o_O

8|

:(

:confused:

o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O 8| o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O

ight....... do they have nothing else to report on? im sure there was some terrible car accident somewhere.

24-12-03, 04:01
Originally posted by Zanathos
ight....... do they have nothing else to report on? im sure there was some terrible car accident somewhere.

A hoax like that is more important. Who cares about some dead people these days anyway?

Duder
24-12-03, 04:03
Nice shakey camera, those sassy security cameras and their wobbley ways!!! Its probably a hobo or something.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/timages/page/Ghost_HamptonCourt.gif

Zanathos
24-12-03, 04:12
There is a video you can watch?

I just see one image and no link to a video.

Shame on those that think its real.

Revslad
24-12-03, 04:33
I wish someone would close my door behind me when i leave it open:(

Flea
24-12-03, 04:41
are you kidding? that was ericdraven

[SP]Ostrich
24-12-03, 06:51
Originally posted by Flea
are you kidding? that was ericdraven

LOL

so true :P

Danae
24-12-03, 13:32
Call me weird, but I love stuff like this :p I've been interested in ghost phenomenon since I was 14 and some weird things happened while we were helping a friend renovate her house.

Ah well, it'd be neat if it was real, but the high profile stuff never is hehe

Tratos
24-12-03, 13:42
-has sheet over head-

WWHHHOOoooooOooooOOOOOOoooooooooohhh

bbeee aaaffrraiidd iiamm tthhee doorr sshutttiinngg ghhoosttt

-goes and shuts all doors in house-

wwwhhhHHhhoooOOoooooooo

:lol: :lol: :lol:

~T

Benjie
24-12-03, 14:04
I want to meet a ghost. When I was young a used to belive in them and I became confident that they where just angry, and so I have always wanted to meat a ghost and talk to it. For some reason I still do, even though I don't belive in them any more.

Al3X
24-12-03, 14:46
HEY! ITS NOT A GHOST! I JUST CANT AFFORD TO REPAIR MY CLOTHES AND I HAVENT EATEN IN AGES O_o

naimex
24-12-03, 14:49
Originally posted by Al3X
HEY! ITS NOT A GHOST! I JUST CANT AFFORD TO REPAIR MY CLOTHES AND I HAVENT EATEN IN AGES O_o

*hands Al3x his bag of old uniform rags found on some Ceres War Infanterist and some boiled scorpion in poisonous crab sauce with mustard and jellyfish found ages ago* you can use this to repair clothes and satisfy your hunger =/..

Archeus
24-12-03, 14:55
Its probably one of the staff that deals with the public (They dress up) just closing a door.

Or someone messing intentionally for the camera.

I remember on a UK program, some guy had a police camera stuck facing his room all the time. He complained and nothing happened. In fact he phoned in a mugging that the camera should of seen.

So he dressed up like preditor and stood on the street acting all alien like. Within 5 minutes there were cops all over the place. I guess they have special response unit for alien invaders.

Matthew.v.smith
24-12-03, 14:58
Originally posted by Zanathos
There is a video you can watch?

I just see one image and no link to a video.

Shame on those that think its real.

How do u kno it aint real??
Anyone ever played that game Project zero?
Jeez that is one of the most scariest games!!
but its so good u just have to keep playing :p

Kept me awake about 2 nights after each play but i couldent help myself ^_^ i had to play.

Its about a girl looking for her brother who dissapeared in a old mansion owned by a old landowner.

u start with a camera that can detect spirits and a gem that shines blue for passive ghosts and yello for Defencive ghosts.

u soon find out some bad things have been happening like the murder of little girls and people being ripped apart by ropes tied to arms and legs (this is what happens to the people u meet in the house and its nasty)

Seriously its terrifying lol.
1 games mag even said "u stop playing after a while because its so depressing"

http://www.gamershell.com/hellzone_Playstation_2_Project_Zero.shtml

Take a look at these screenies they might not look all that but in the actual game they scare the hell out of ya.

Matty.
:angel:

Original monk
24-12-03, 15:35
whats wrong with people and ghosts and unearthly things ? where all semi-scientists that whant proof of anything ... not that we have to be ignorant and yust believe anything they tell us, but not everything we see here is "yet" scientifically explainable ...

i wonna hang out in somekind of rainforrest with a sjaman for a while (20 years or so lol) , maybe me -> as a western minded "scientific proof wanting" person will learn more about spirits/ghosts and entity's then...

i seen weird impossible things that are unexplainable myself ... dunno what or who they where, and things we dont know make us fear ... actually dont have any problems with believing its a "ghost" ... cool that a camera cought it then, thinking that they are semi-transparant and stuff :)

naimex
24-12-03, 15:46
i seen a ghost once, so i have no trouble believing in them..

wuz a lot of years ago, i was lying in my bed, it was very dark.. think it was november.

i had a small room, only thing i could see out of my window was the shed. so there was ABSOLUTELY NO WAY any light could come in..

Then suddenly a light blob moved across the wall... i looked out window nothing lighting in.. nothing in room lighting up.. when it came to the corner.. instead of going onto the next wall it just disappeared into the room next to mine. as if the wall wasnt there at all.

Magnazan
24-12-03, 21:42
It's good but just a few points.

1) Ghosts generally don't need to open doors (Unless replaying past events)

2) If it was the case that it is replaying an event i do believe they didn't have fire foors with center mounted handles, so why is it reaching for the door release bars?

3) I can't think in any previous videos/pictures etc where a ghost has shut a door, for it then to bang wide open and it to go back and shut it properly o_O

4) One other thing that is rather noticable (certainly on the moving gif) is that in the account it says "...and his face appears unnaturally white compared with his outstretched hand. " However if you watch the gif notice how when the hand extends out of the door how bright it gets and compare that to when you see the face.

I usually like checking these things out but this one has to many 'mistakes' for it to be credible.

Sad i am yes

Archeus
24-12-03, 23:17
Originally posted by Original monk
whats wrong with people and ghosts and unearthly things ? where all semi-scientists that whant proof of anything ... not that we have to be ignorant and yust believe anything they tell us, but not everything we see here is "yet" scientifically explainable ...

Ok I admit it. The picture was me. I zoned into the wrong apartment the other day.

Ormy
25-12-03, 04:09
I dont beleive in ghosts. To anybody that says they have seen a ghost, they dont realise some of the strange shitty tricks your mind plays on you when you tired/stressed/drunk/otherwise intoxicated/hallucenating/thinking about something else.

An Ex girlfriend, said she saw a ghost once floating around about 20ft above the ground in her garden, and it was the great grandmother who was buried in the garden or something. I stayed over one night, at 2 am i heard her scream, she went like white and almost passed out, saying she saw the ghost and it came right upto the window, and it was really clear and it was after her etc etc. I took a look out the window and sure enough there's this white-ish blob floating around, goin pretty damn fast tho. I took a torch and went outside, curious as hell, and this thing was still there. I walked into the middle of the garden so this thing was like behind me, and it started to come down on top of me lol, i got a little scared, untill it sat over me and i was almost blinded by light. I moved and figured out it was a floodlight or headlight or something from a farmers truck in the fields behind the trees at the back of her garden, so you couldnt see it. The light was reflecting off dusty windows on her garage, and hitting the trees lol. The dusty windows, the texture of the trees, and a little fog made it look quite realistic.

Most ghost sightings can be put down to people's minds playing tricks on em. The mind will make something up when it doesnt know what it sees, for some people, it makes up a ghost.

Mr Friendly
25-12-03, 05:45
Originally posted by Duder
Nice shakey camera, those sassy security cameras and their wobbley ways!!! Its probably a hobo or something.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/timages/page/Ghost_HamptonCourt.gif

heh, looks like a drunk almost fell out the door & The texas chainsaw massacreist closed the door :D

Originally posted by Ormy
I dont beleive in ghosts. To anybody that says they have seen a ghost, they dont realise some of the strange shitty tricks your mind plays on you when you tired/stressed/drunk/otherwise intoxicated/hallucenating/thinking about something else.

An Ex girlfriend, said she saw a ghost once floating around about 20ft above the ground in her garden, and it was the great grandmother who was buried in the garden or something. I stayed over one night, at 2 am i heard her scream, she went like white and almost passed out, saying she saw the ghost and it came right upto the window, and it was really clear and it was after her etc etc. I took a look out the window and sure enough there's this white-ish blob floating around, goin pretty damn fast tho. I took a torch and went outside, curious as hell, and this thing was still there. I walked into the middle of the garden so this thing was like behind me, and it started to come down on top of me lol, i got a little scared, untill it sat over me and i was almost blinded by light. I moved and figured out it was a floodlight or headlight or something from a farmers truck in the fields behind the trees at the back of her garden, so you couldnt see it. The light was reflecting off dusty windows on her garage, and hitting the trees lol. The dusty windows, the texture of the trees, and a little fog made it look quite realistic.

Most ghost sightings can be put down to people's minds playing tricks on em. The mind will make something up when it doesnt know what it sees, for some people, it makes up a ghost.

........u took a torch......dude, what year do u live in?? & how the heck u have internet back there??

jernau
25-12-03, 09:26
Originally posted by Mr Friendly
........u took a torch......dude, what year do u live in?? & how the heck u have internet back there??

Torch is English for flashlight.;)

Magnazan
25-12-03, 11:53

I'm impressed that you have been to school enough to know there are other countries outside of State. Well done. [edited for violation of the forum rules - please don't be a troll all the time]

Matthew.v.smith
25-12-03, 12:03
LoL thats actually damn funny :lol:

Matty.:angel:

Clownst0pper
25-12-03, 12:10
In the news paper article the staff at the place were stood behind the door when it was open (at which time that figure was on the video) but he wasnt visible to the staff. Then the doors slammed shut, at the point where they did on the video with the figure there.

+ there are no costumes like it in the building
+ there were only 4 staff on that day, all were accounted for.
+ If it was someone doing a fake, they would have triggered the security alarm just getting into the complex.

IMHO its real, but then again i dig this shit :angel:

ex-machina
25-12-03, 13:49
damn CNN is really going down the tubes

Rai Wong
25-12-03, 18:18
The camera is too unclear to show any ghost, plus a camera works exatcly like our human eyes, scientificly anything the camera can see we can see. This is probably just a random mistake, plu notice how the lighting affects the "ghost" it clearly is wearing some sort of real garment. just some freaky british I think.

If these ghost really exist, they should be invisible to the naked eye, anything else would be nothing more then a trick of the mind.

Tratos
25-12-03, 18:41
just remember were not weird were just british!

~T

RuriHoshino
25-12-03, 20:47
Originally posted by Tratos
just remember were not weird were just british!

~T

I rest my case.:D

Ormy
25-12-03, 21:26

Originally posted by Magnazan
I'm impressed that you have been to school enough to know there are other countries outside of State. Well done. The American ignorance never ceases to amaze me.

Haha pwned, btw what does "torch" mean in the US then?

jernau
25-12-03, 21:31
Originally posted by Ormy
Haha pwned, btw what does "torch" mean in the US then?

Same as it can also mean here - a burning piece of wood used to provide light (think pitchforks and peasants ;)).

Cruzbroker
26-12-03, 02:44
:lol: when you look the clothes, they look too real to me. It's funny what mind can do, there was on real tv a clip from a wedding where some transparent thing floating in one point of the room. Could be dust in the air and light hitting it. I've seen better tricks :p

Mr Friendly
26-12-03, 03:54
Originally posted by jernau
Torch is English for flashlight.;)

...why not just call it ...a flashlight?...omg :rolleyes: weird english :angel:

jernau
26-12-03, 08:01
...why not just call it ...a flashlight?...omg :rolleyes: weird english :angel:

well -
1) It's our language. Invent your own if you don't like it.
2) It makes sense - a torch is something you use to light your way in whatever form.
3) Does your torch flash or something? No? Then wtf are you on about?
:rolleyes: