PDA

View Full Version : Graphics problems, anyone get this ?

\\Fényx//
23-12-03, 19:24
Ive got a FX5600 ultra, and only recently ive been getting some fucked up graphics, relogging seems to fix it, one minute it will be fine, then wham it all goes to fuckery :( Not sure if its my card tho, dont get any problems with BF1942 or deus ex etc

Anyway screenies . . .

http://neocronguide.com/untitled-1.jpg

http://neocronguide.com/Untitled-2.jpg

J. Folsom
23-12-03, 19:26
Looks like a D3D T&L mess up. Have you tried turning that off and see if it fixes the problem?

\\Fényx//
23-12-03, 19:27
Originally posted by J. Folsom
Looks like a D3D T&L mess up. Have you tried turning that off and see if it fixes the problem?

yea tried all sorts of settings configs since it started, but it just seemed to start overnight, cant remember if it was maybe triggerd by a patch or anything tho, my system spec hasnt changed in months so theres nothing new there, and its neocron only sofar :confused:

J. Folsom
23-12-03, 19:29
Weird stuff then...

No windows/driver updates in that time? And you're also the only one who used the computer in that time? Because if it's both, I would have no idea what's causing it.

\\Fényx//
23-12-03, 19:35
Originally posted by J. Folsom
Weird stuff then...

No windows/driver updates in that time? And you're also the only one who used the computer in that time? Because if it's both, I would have no idea what's causing it.

nothings changed atall on my system, no new software other than the new msn, which shouldnt effect neocron O_o and its only neocron ive had this problem with...

it will look fine, then i get a stutter in my fps, screen flashes white for a split secondm it redraws it looking like that, fecking polygon shit all over the place :( Just restarting NC sorts it out tho which is why i think its the game rather than the card O_o

Xian
23-12-03, 19:38
Have you tried something like a full re-install? Might be a pain in the backside but it might sort it. =\

greendonkeyuk
23-12-03, 19:41
im gettin some really weird graphics error on the launcher. ive jus reinstalled the game and gone to launch it and ive got large blue patch following my cursor around when i try to input my account details. ive jus reinstalled the latest graphics drivers from nvidia but that hasnt sorted it either. can anyone suggest anything?

\\Fényx//
23-12-03, 19:47
fafnir gets the same problem on a 5700 O_o so its not my card, its teh bloody game again :(

Candaman
23-12-03, 19:58
personally i think its fen's comp i know its a bag of shit time to upgrade i think

\\Fényx//
23-12-03, 20:01
Originally posted by Candaman
personally i think its fen's comp i know its a bag of shit time to upgrade i think

you really really want me to post screenies of getting 144 FPS during a tezla OP war again ? ;)

steweygrrr
23-12-03, 20:04
what are your graphics sliders set at? I've heard anything less than full detail causes tantrums with some GeForce cards.

\\Fényx//
23-12-03, 20:10
Originally posted by steweygrrr
what are your graphics sliders set at? I've heard anything less than full detail causes tantrums with some GeForce cards.

all at full apart from vegitation

dr.fish
23-12-03, 20:15
i have had some problems too, sometimes the graphics are all fucked up, for example all shots instead of looking real nice just make big ugly boxes and all gets very ugly :( , i have to quit completely the game and it's back to normal, dunno where it comes from, and i have 2 computers with different configs and still get it on both from time to time, i have a radeon 5800 as graphic card.

FuzzyDuck
23-12-03, 20:55
if you're in XP try a system recovery.

McEvoy
23-12-03, 21:13
ya mee too, everything gets segmented like that then it gets all red,
http://accessnode.net/~cormac/albums/Neocron-art-contest/shot0460.sized.gif
do the moderators have an answer for the this? cause its really starting to piss me off, each time it happens i need to re-start each time it occurs

http://accessnode.net/~cormac/albums/Neocron-art-contest/shot0459.gif

McEvoy
23-12-03, 21:15
this only started happening recently, maybe its due to the new patch ?

\\Fényx//
23-12-03, 21:19
Originally posted by McEvoy
this only started happening recently, maybe its due to the new patch ?

is it in neocron only ? What other games does it effect, personally, as its effecting RPOS aswell, seems like your cards fucked rather than it being something with the 3d engine O_o The RPOS on mine's OK, and its not only my card, fafnir has a 5700 and he gets the same on his . . .

VictorKruger
23-12-03, 21:29
i have similar problems but i know what causes it with my ati card, you may want to fool around with the anistropic filtering settings and see if you can fix it.

It started when i turned off the application preference and it hasn't really bothered with my game play so i just live with it.

Wannabe
23-12-03, 21:38
Hmm, have you checked the GPU temps when running NC? The problem could occur because the system is running too hot.

Also try re-installing your graphics drives and AGP drivers as well and if you running a VIA board, install newest 4-in-1s as well.

Or you could do like everyone else and re-install neocron ^^

// Wannabe

-FN-
23-12-03, 21:51
I just reinstalled yesterday because I haven't since, oh, November 2002 :p And now everything is a bright, epileptic siezure enducing NEON and it sucks. It's funny because NC worked like a dream with my 45.23 Det Drivers and DX9.0b before I reinstalled, and now it's all farked up. And even more amusing, my screenshots look perfectly normal, so my PC is trying to make me look teh crazy :(

GambitFlame
24-12-03, 02:00
Yupp i get this every so often when i alt tab outta the game

not so much know tho, not sure wat causes it

McEvoy
24-12-03, 02:49
Originally posted by Wannabe
Hmm, have you checked the GPU temps when running NC? The problem could occur because the system is running too hot.

Also try re-installing your graphics drives and AGP drivers as well and if you running a VIA board, install newest 4-in-1s as well.

Or you could do like everyone else and re-install neocron ^^

// Wannabe

It is possible that its due to heat or the settings of the gfx card(Invidia) by the way. ill look into that now

CyTeCH
24-12-03, 21:15
This normally only occurs when alt tabbing on my sys too, if it does all i have to do is restart nc and its gone again.

shodanjr_gr
24-12-03, 23:37
Its not the game. Its your computer (tm)