PDA

View Full Version : Shops to Open and Close in game?

garyu69
23-12-03, 12:32
To enhance the Role-play aspect i think that shops should open and close at time. Like Shops should close at night and so on, and Bars should open afternoons and through the night.

The red light district should come alive at night too.

Anyone else agree that this would be a good idea?

http://www.no-wherefast.com/neocron/crytons.jpg

naimex
23-12-03, 12:35
interesting point...

how about January Sales ? ;)

nah i like the idea a lot.

[TgR]KILLER
23-12-03, 12:37
For RP sake yes.. and mayby player run shops like a barther who bought loads or parts or a cst who made weaponparts from junk.. or even a whole clan "company" who have recyclers researchers and constructors who can make loads of weaponparts to sell them..

because if shops like crytons close.. whole the econnomy stops.. with tradeskillers not being able to buy lubes.. with customers not being aible to buy parts for their weapons and vehicles.. etc etc..

garyu69
23-12-03, 12:45
With the shops closed it would open it up for Traders to dive in and offer their products for sale.
Could imagine people in the middle of the night setting up their own little market stalls :)

Hayato
23-12-03, 12:47
omg i love the idea 5 stars Gary :D

naimex
23-12-03, 12:48
Originally posted by [TgR]KILLER
For RP sake yes.. and mayby player run shops like a barther who bought loads or parts or a cst who made weaponparts from junk.. or even a whole clan "company" who have recyclers researchers and constructors who can make loads of weaponparts to sell them..

because if shops like crytons close.. whole the econnomy stops.. with tradeskillers not being able to buy lubes.. with customers not being aible to buy parts for their weapons and vehicles.. etc etc..

Part of answer ::

Originally posted by Martin J. Schwiezer
NPC traders who exclusively sell runners's stuff (e.g. while the player is offline) will be introduced with NC:BDoY.

naimex
23-12-03, 12:53
something just came to me..

how to do it ??

people all over the world playing this game.. it will always be day for some..

and if we run by ingame timer.. night wont last long ^^

so maybe if ingame time was set to follow real life time.. and then just follow server locations time.. but of course then shops would still be closed in daytime for US runners.

garyu69
23-12-03, 12:59
Maybe re-works the speed at which time goes on in-game. Its not like time affects anything at the moment (Unless i am not thinking right)

So if say 12 hours in game was to last 1 or 2 hours, then everyone would feel the effects.

[TgR]KILLER
23-12-03, 13:01
or just slow the ingame time a little.. say have 2 ingame cycles for 1 rl one.. got beaten by gary :(

so both the US and euro get a day / night feeling.. still i don't know what martin ment in the post.. care to explain to a dumb dutchmen ? something like an NPC who sells the stuff a runner would normaly sell ? like for Phoenix on Pluto a NPC who would sell turrets and vehicles for them ? lol sounds wicked tho :p

WebShock
23-12-03, 13:06
cool idea.

think of it this way, there is no npc poker, so if you cant find a poker you are just shit out of luck. you will wait regardless. i think this is a good idea.

3 stars - not everything needs to be 5:cool:

garyu69
23-12-03, 14:05
I'm curious at why two people voted to No.
Reasons? Is it because RP is not an important part to your play? or something else?

[TgR]KILLER
23-12-03, 14:06
i think because the point i tryed to make.. they fear they can't get to their parts / imps / greases to do their stuff.

ezza
23-12-03, 14:08
nice idea, good for roleplayers and traders and doesnt hurt the PvPers so id say cool idea that should be put in

Shakey -=Tank=-
23-12-03, 14:20
I voted yes, I think it would be a good addition to the game but maybe make a couple of Yo's 24 hours with slightly higher prices so that ppl who cant wait for cryton's to open could pay extra for the supplies at the 24 hour Yo's

ezza
23-12-03, 14:24
Originally posted by Shakey -=Tank=-
I voted yes, I think it would be a good addition to the game but maybe make a couple of Yo's 24 hours with slightly higher prices so that ppl who cant wait for cryton's to open could pay extra for the supplies at the 24 hour Yo's

im thinking make the outzone shops or perhaps PP open late at night.

though id like to see other reasons to make people want to go to PP in the evening;)

Judge
23-12-03, 14:26
Yeah.... plaza open by day and PP open by night. Maybe turn off all the signs in the daytime, then turn them back on when its nighttime.

Also can we make night and day ALOT more obvious in the city, as it seems to be a bit, well, the same tbh.

OMG I haven't seen that quote by MJS before.... I love you MJS :D :D :D :D :D