PDA

View Full Version : Its been said beofre, Ill say it again. MC5 droprate SUCKS

VetteroX
23-12-03, 08:11
Im really sick of this. I just killed the commander 8 times with a freind, and one part dropped. Now, I know this is bad luck because a few days ago I killed him 10 times with 4 parts. but that was super lucky. average is 1 part in 4 kills or so, and this just sucks. Theres a diff between a challenge and annoying pain in the ass, and this is an annoying pain in the ass. PLEASE up the drops. Its just one of the small things you can do to make your customer happy.

We have posted and posted until lib was upgraded, para was nerfed, noob mc5 was fixed, and a lot of other stuff. lets fix this problem.

KimmyG
23-12-03, 08:13
One time me and some buds killed 8 and got nothing.

TheDuckMan
23-12-03, 08:22
Originally posted by KimmyG
One time me and some buds killed 8 and got nothing.

omg, thats why i dont go to mc5 :)

Mumblyfish
23-12-03, 08:23
MC5 chips suck. Who needs 'em?

KimmyG
23-12-03, 08:26
Originally posted by TheDuckMan
omg, thats why i dont go to mc5 :)

Yea I havn't gone back since least I got my DS could use a herc though. BUt after 8 and zero drops its a real turn off.

IceStorm
23-12-03, 08:32
I think everything in H_14 and the inner MC_5 area should drop MC5, and only MC5, techparts. :-)

I drove past that place once, stealthed. Holy Mother were there a lot of them android-thingys standing around doing nothing! I need to Obliterate back there and check the place out again.

Vampire222
23-12-03, 10:33
vet, plz dont become a second shadow dancer, ktnxbye

Maarten
23-12-03, 10:41
Killed the guy one time two days ago. Got 2 parts... :)

deac
23-12-03, 11:16
friend of mine did 9 kills 0 parts ... uber fun eh? :)

g0rt
23-12-03, 11:17
me and w33man got 22 parts in about 4 hours once it was uber, 3 commanders in a row with 2 parts on 'em.

but ya, you can get really bad luck there too. oh well im set for life when it comes to mc5 so enjoy it haha

Sefran
23-12-03, 11:56
Once killled him 20 times and no parts ( was still in the days with glass but still...) can be very frustrating...

John McMullet
23-12-03, 12:05
Do u know RAREparts ? R-A-R-E ? ;)
and ... i know u can't believe , but i tell ya ....

MC5 Parts should be even more RARE then RAREparts .
And i think the Droprate is good as it is , cuz if the droprate would be higher , everyone would have a MC5 chip in 2 weeks . Then we have the same situation as now , EVERYONE has a rare , it isn't worth anythng anymore to have one , except u have a very good one.

So .. and now you can flame me cuz of my opinion :P

garyu69
23-12-03, 12:08
MC5 Drop Rate is fine.

Its not like it takes long to kill the Commander if you have a couple of people there. So quite whinning. Accept that they are Rare and may not drop much.

1 in 4 is good anyway.

That'll take you what, an hour?

Original monk
23-12-03, 12:40
record i had was 30 commanders and 1 part, but lately i been more lucky :)

but when i res em there all riggers and hawkin :/ shitdrops

[TgR]KILLER
23-12-03, 12:47
Originally posted by Mumblyfish

i agree.. i still never used or even got 1 single MC5 part.. an age back before Monk PA's and Hybrids were all Uber i had an hybrid and went down there.. killed several commanders but a few other ppl got some first and me and a mate got left alone with nothing.. then we dit it on our own killed a few got nothing.. and then some other group came.. we gave up.. never went back there..

never used an SA yet. i'll prob buy one in a year when they are easyer to get for a load of cash :)

dr.fish
23-12-03, 12:51
and with that new rezz it's even more of a pain in the ass

Ryuben
23-12-03, 13:40
bellends

so u think its ok to spend an hour of ur playing time to get ONE part??

what about the casual gamer :rolleyes: what a crock of sh!t

my record is 10:1 atm so :o

garyu69
23-12-03, 13:54
Originally posted by Ryuben
bellends

so u think its ok to spend an hour of ur playing time to get ONE part??

what about the casual gamer :rolleyes: what a crock of sh!t

my record is 10:1 atm so :o So if it was to accomodate the casual gamer do you think maybe a drop every kill? Meaning the non casual gamer and those who go there for a few hours at a time will be able to gather hundreds of parts.

Think about it, there has to be a balance. :rolleyes:

Original monk
23-12-03, 13:57
true true, when they let em drop 1 part everytime then the parts will be like regular techs: not rare

let em drop 1 part everytime and all the previous efforts of hunting ages to get a few parts will dissapear, so then alot of people wont be happy seeing there immensly valuable parts degrade to parts worth the same as a sfpart or sumting

now there still a litllebit rare so leave it as it is now, the droprate is shit but atleast there rare, like they are supposed to be

[TgR]KILLER
23-12-03, 13:59
i agree @ least some rare things should be realy rare :)

Marneus Calgar
23-12-03, 14:56
FFS... why do ppl still bitch about the MC5 drop rate??? I'ts great... but to all thoes who still bitch about it....

go cry a fucking river...

there is a point to the low drop rate... thoes chips are the only real rare thing in the game... but to please all thoes who still cry about it... lets make sewer rats drops whole MC5 chips... and let them drop like 3-5 of them at a time.... FUCK NO!.... leave the drop rate to what it is!!!!!

El_MUERkO
23-12-03, 15:32
Some rare things need to be rare but they dont need to be time sinks, say the server randomly spawned 1 Kami a day in one of 20 sectors, then that'd be rare and finding it would be luck but MC5 involves time, you could hunt their all day assuming you arent killed by some other hunters and still end up with fuck all but only a few people can do that without going mad with boredom.

t0tt3
23-12-03, 15:45
Every stinking monks shouldnt have a DS...... so keep it , R A R E

No i dont have one only 2 DS parts :rolleyes:

Cyphor
23-12-03, 16:07
Imo you dont "need" mc5 chips, however they do finish off most setups nicely.
Also there is very little to do for high lvl players, there is only so many times you can pk/go to a op-battle etc without getting bored. Atm alot of people are put off going to mc5 as a) there's prob a big clan camping it or b) they know they'll spend hours and get next to nothing. So i agree there needs to be more mobs dropping the parts and make them drop slightly more often (1 in 5 at least). Also have some of the guards outside drop them! That way a spy can use range/ drones if he's good to get his chips, its seems stupid to me atm that the only classes worth going to mc5 with are tanks and monks. So tradeskillers or combat spies/pe's have to either have alts or pay ridiculous prices to get chips to finish off their setup.

Fix mc5 KK :mad:

Deanus_willis
23-12-03, 16:08
ive been to MC5 once and it seems like a waste of time for what you get. Rezzing now takes too long to make it a realistic trip so im not gonna bother.
put the glass back in OR make the drop rate worth the trip O_o

LTA
23-12-03, 16:34
mc5 is a joke, Some secret facility that people can just stroll straight into the main room with the commander himself stood there and kill him over and over.
I want the drop rate improved but mc5 made like some kinda base instead of a field with 4 random buildings 3 of which have no purpose than to try and kill those who don't know and the other has all of 1 room with the Guy carrying the parts.....

I'd like to see mc5 with more levels to make it deeper, like some gaya lift shafts and then like some glass rooms or labs along the way. Have maybe a prison (crahn style) and lock in some random crazed baddies. Along the way have guards and at the end have the base commander, hell even make the com drop a rifle (some str 90+ Plasma?) like queen avalanches just to add some more stuff to the game.
Just make it deep and have varying guards n stuff like some plasma 80's and then the 120 big boys nearer the com.

heh i dunno O_o

[TgR]KILLER
23-12-03, 16:35
Originally posted by Cyphor
Imo you dont "need" mc5 chips, however they do finish off most setups nicely.

I know for sure u don't Need mc5 chips.. sure they finish off setups.. but for me as lowtech rifler my setup is nailed.. an SA would meen a little more dex but thats useless since the PE is the only gun i am using anyway.. and it will get me new boots.. thats about it.. but i don't have a SA.. never had even a part.. and i still beat most other PE's even loads who do have an SA

its just the same with drugs u don't need them eighter.. finaly got somebody in my clan that far he gave up on drugs :p

this tank the other day said to me "it must be sucky to play a PE with the constant drugflash" i was like wtf.. i aint using drugs and never used em.. he went like sure.. 5 seconds later he was dead :lol: as a PE u don't need drugs u don't need an SA u need skill.. feel free to flame me tho ^^

Cyphor
23-12-03, 16:50
Originally posted by [TgR]KILLER
I know for sure u don't Need mc5 chips.. sure they finish off setups.. but for me as lowtech rifler my setup is nailed.. an SA would meen a little more dex but thats useless since the PE is the only gun i am using anyway.. and it will get me new boots.. thats about it.. but i don't have a SA.. never had even a part.. and i still beat most other PE's even loads who do have an SA

its just the same with drugs u don't need them eighter.. finaly got somebody in my clan that far he gave up on drugs :p

this tank the other day said to me "it must be sucky to play a PE with the constant drugflash" i was like wtf.. i aint using drugs and never used em.. he went like sure.. 5 seconds later he was dead :lol: as a PE u don't need drugs u don't need an SA u need skill.. feel free to flame me tho ^^

I agree with most of what you said, yes a mc5 chip isnt going to drastically change anyones setup, however imo its getting it that should be fun, atm its not and thats the problem. Mc5 is one of the only high lvl areas in the game and but its also one of the most boring, i think it needs fixed to make it more accessable to all classes, and more exciting, not just one room filled with hard mobs.

All chars can get by without a mc5 chip and with the exception of a monk most prob wont notice a huge diff to their char. However thats not important people are still going to want them in the same way people tweak resists and other stats to get the "perfect" setup.

Also @ those saying its rare, and should be, i dont see it as rare, they are easy enough to get it's just not worth the effort.

The only thing truley rare in the game is the kami chips as you cant get them anymore.

Really like LTA's idea.

ezza
23-12-03, 16:54
ive survived without a MC5 on any of my chars to date, and im not bothered if i get one or not tbh, its not like there needed to get a good setup.

i can happily kill people with my non MC5 chars so dont bother me, as its not a needed item(unlike weapons) id say leave it as it is.

i find it funny when i kill a xx/71 rank player i always hope there MC5 pops out:D

Wharg0ul
23-12-03, 17:18
pffft. Nothing's REALLY rare in this game. Ever played AO? Two years and not one Grid Armor drop....

Duder
23-12-03, 17:22

Yup, too much hassle for a few extra points for your 1337 resist setups.

Shadow Dancer
23-12-03, 17:24
The only reason I want DS so badly is because XP controller 3 gives me that lame -20 to force. LAME!

[TgR]KILLER
23-12-03, 18:00
Originally posted by ezza
i find it funny when i kill a xx/71 rank player i always hope there MC5 pops out:D

/71 doesn't meen u got an MC5 imo :) i am 70/70 and aint got an SA in.. but thats another thing about MC5 chips.. every time u die and gotta get it poked back its gonna take u 4 hours and finaly 100K for a poke :rolleyes:

ezza
23-12-03, 18:06
Originally posted by [TgR]KILLER
/71 doesn't meen u got an MC5 imo :) i am 70/70 and aint got an SA in.. but thats another thing about MC5 chips.. every time u die and gotta get it poked back its gonna take u 4 hours and finaly 100K for a poke :rolleyes:

on tanks it does:p

Crashtec
23-12-03, 18:20
A small group of my clan (2 APU 2 PPU and a PE) went to MC5 for most of our first time and we didnt get to loot a commander a single time. I tried to search for MC5 tactics but 'MC5' is too short a term for search. Can someone describe the best tactics for fighting inside the MC5 com room or direct me to a link on strategy for fighting inside.

We went in and huddled in the second room with the lifts, we all went out in to the main room and stayed on the side with the indention and the term with the few pilars blocking the center floor area. Once we began attacking and even with our PPu's the gaurds and commander would kill us fairly quickly before we could do much damage. The gaurds and commander also seem to slowly heal themselves. Once we finally did kill the commander there were three of us dead on the ground and the ppu ran to the back room to heal and re-buff before going to loot the commander and the commander's body had already dissappeared.

Do you need to increase certain resists (energy/ force) much higher than normal, or do we need more tanks to take the damage away form the APu's? What gives...it seemed like a big waste of time since we spent hours finally getting to a point where we could kill the commander and then he just dissappears quickly.

DonnyJepp
23-12-03, 18:55
You really only need 1 tank and 1 PPU to do it, but it is possible with a team of 3 or 4 also, but everyone has to stay focused.

-Practice makes a difference, consider hunting small groups of Y-Replicants because it is much the same fighting 2-3 Y-Commanders as it is in MC5.

-Sustained Malediction fire is the best way to take the MC5 mobs down.

-Always keep a backup PPU logged in the back. The first few trips out there are a little messy and it stinks having to go back to town when the PPU dies. (PPUs need a self-rez spell :P)

-Damage boosts on the security guards and commander make them drop nearly twice as fast, freezes help also.

-Try to keep everyone's shelters and heals running all the time.

-Consider attempting to arrange it so that a couple of the officers go down before the commander. They drop tech parts (normal techs) and decent junk, and having them out of the way really cuts down on the damage you take.

-Usually the person that finished the commander is targeted heavily when they run out to get the parts, for that reason it is often best to have one of the PPUs (or freshly resurrected monks) stand by to grab the loot while the damage dealers keep working on the guards.

-Every so often, clear the whole room and bring in your hackers to take care of the belts lying all about, and outside the main entrance there is usually a pile of them also.

MC5 is really a lot of fun, it takes rock-solid teamwork and tactics and is one of the more rewarding "cave runs" you can participate in. You'll find usually that once you can down a commander in 5-10 minutes that you start to get drop rates that are relatively satisfying.

My best run so far was 13 commanders with 11 parts. Worst run I've heard of was 11 runs with no parts at all.

g0rt
23-12-03, 19:42

lol ok I guess SF/Marine/SS/PSI-Core sucks too so don't use them either...since they're basically the same thing

gg

Flea
24-12-03, 05:59
i have never been to mc5 on retail apart from when i was 0/2. no ppus love me :(

VetteroX
24-12-03, 08:21
lol, yeah mc5 chips suck. how stupid. pe using rog without SA? possible but totaly un viable. PE using judge without SA? again posible, totaly gimped. Good spy without SA? hard to do without drugs. Ive done more mc5 then almost anyone, tust me, it doesnt need to be as annoying as it is. omg... they MIGHT actually become tradeable if the drop rte got a little better instead of being priceless! how horrible! If you want R A R E S as you say, play ever quest. Thats not what this game is for.

24-12-03, 08:44
Originally posted by g0rt
me and w33man got 22 parts in about 4 hours once it was uber, 3 commanders in a row with 2 parts on 'em.

but ya, you can get really bad luck there too. oh well im set for life when it comes to mc5 so enjoy it haha

nice to know, so when do I get the 2 parts back I gave to you? :)

gg, or do you want a taste?

Ascension
24-12-03, 10:26
I can honestly say Ive never had a bad drop rateO_o

Sorry I liw the 1st time i went was with my bro Descent both our 1st time took bout 15 to kill "this was when we had the glass"

Only 2 loot a Vhc 8:lol: man i was gutted

Whats people greatest drop? we've had three in a drop!

tht usually happens when we dont get a drop for a few runs:confused:

Ascension
24-12-03, 10:26
DAMNIT! soz!:(

ServeX
24-12-03, 10:37
I like the droprate.

boone
24-12-03, 14:31
no. leave the droprate as is. it's supposed to be scarce, if they up the droprate, the place will be crawling with people all the time making them non-rare like every other item in the game that's supposed to be rare.

Elric
24-12-03, 14:49
only been to MC5 once or twice back with my PE on Pluto. Waste of time really. Didnt even see one part outta the 8 - 12 commander kills. Probably cos the Tanks and APU's were getting all the loot though. Nice to have such class specific areas in the game isnt it. :rolleyes:

LTA
24-12-03, 14:55
well another part i'd like to see altered is like other classes survival chances in there, fair enuff on the ppu part make em needed but damn a spy + ppu still sucks ass in there and a ppu probably aint much greater.

BiTeMe
24-12-03, 15:29
Originally posted by Elric
only been to MC5 once or twice back with my PE on Pluto. Waste of time really. Didnt even see one part outta the 8 - 12 commander kills. Probably cos the Tanks and APU's were getting all the loot though. Nice to have such class specific areas in the game isnt it. :rolleyes:

Good to see all them tanks solo hunting WB's, and what about all those PPU's soloing fire mobs O_o

Elric
24-12-03, 15:33
Originally posted by BiTeMe
Good to see all them tanks solo hunting WB's, and what about all those PPU's soloing fire mobs O_o

funny

Any tank that CANT solo a warbot needs a kick in the ass. same for PPU, it may take a long ass time, but they can do it.

stick that in yer pipe n smoke it smartass :p

Original monk
24-12-03, 15:45
Originally posted by DonnyJepp
You really only need 1 tank and 1 PPU to do it, but it is possible with a team of 3 or 4 also, but everyone has to stay focused.

-Practice makes a difference, consider hunting small groups of Y-Replicants because it is much the same fighting 2-3 Y-Commanders as it is in MC5.

-Sustained Malediction fire is the best way to take the MC5 mobs down.

-Always keep a backup PPU logged in the back. The first few trips out there are a little messy and it stinks having to go back to town when the PPU dies. (PPUs need a self-rez spell :P)

-Damage boosts on the security guards and commander make them drop nearly twice as fast, freezes help also.

-Try to keep everyone's shelters and heals running all the time.

-Consider attempting to arrange it so that a couple of the officers go down before the commander. They drop tech parts (normal techs) and decent junk, and having them out of the way really cuts down on the damage you take.

-Usually the person that finished the commander is targeted heavily when they run out to get the parts, for that reason it is often best to have one of the PPUs (or freshly resurrected monks) stand by to grab the loot while the damage dealers keep working on the guards.

-Every so often, clear the whole room and bring in your hackers to take care of the belts lying all about, and outside the main entrance there is usually a pile of them also.

MC5 is really a lot of fun, it takes rock-solid teamwork and tactics and is one of the more rewarding "cave runs" you can participate in. You'll find usually that once you can down a commander in 5-10 minutes that you start to get drop rates that are relatively satisfying.

My best run so far was 13 commanders with 11 parts. Worst run I've heard of was 11 runs with no parts at all.

this is the best manual for mc5 ive seen ever: these are very valuable tips and i see that this post is very tought over ... a must read for people setting there first steps into the mc5 cave

btw in the beginning its hard but ya get used to it fast and then its even enjoyable, ya dream about it in youre sleep :)

also when you enter you can always have hostile people inside that want to kill youre ass :) thats why its also usefull to log an obliterator or stealth 3 or even stealth 2 spy outside so you can scout the cave first and see what levels etc youre enemy's are :)

or yust go in and work togheter in killing the commy :)

have fun inside there :)

KRIMINAL99
24-12-03, 16:10
Why in the hell would they have any boss drop less than 1 per kill... The rate is already down because thats the only mob that drops mc5 parts..

Making it so you have to kill him 50 times to get one freaking rare doesn't do anything beneficial to the game thats just utterly retarted.

BiTeMe
24-12-03, 18:30
Originally posted by Elric
funny

Any tank that CANT solo a warbot needs a kick in the ass. same for PPU, it may take a long ass time, but they can do it.

stick that in yer pipe n smoke it smartass :p

I have a tank and a PPU char. I never bother soling WB's as you can get better XP else where and it's a long time since I have seen a tank with 50+ hack.
And as a PPU I don't have the extreme amount of time required to hunt solo and the mob cash made wouldn't in any way pay for all the PSI boosters you just used.
MC5 is possible with a PPU and PE/SPY, but it would just take a long time.

MC5 is ok as it is, they should maybe just up the drop rate a little though as killing the base commander multiple times for sweet fa does get frustrating.

I also find the doombeamer better than the mal for MC5

Original monk
24-12-03, 18:39
small technical note :P i prefer the mal cause it seems more accurate and because it shoots a litlebit faster it seems, altough i didnt really tested it or sumthing, also it seems that ya get more aggresions when you use a doomie cause of the constant re-hits they get: ya keep drawing aggresion to yourself ya see, altough with a mal also ffcourse ... but it seems less, but again i didnt test it and it can be purely psychologicaly :) (and i still prefer a apu anyway, and yeah i know ya can be faster with a tank then with an apu but it depends alot on how buggy/laggy it is inside :) sometimes the apu is faster and the other way around.
When there is more loag then mc5 becomes twice that hard, ya get impacts before you even see em on youre healthbar and youre spell/cannons casts/shoots slower :/ or the damage goes of 2 seconds after ya hit em :P wich is confusing sumtimes

anyways enjoy hunting there :)

Elric
24-12-03, 18:57
Originally posted by BiTeMe
I have a tank and a PPU char. I never bother soling WB's as you can get better XP else where and it's a long time since I have seen a tank with 50+ hack.

And as a PPU I don't have the extreme amount of time required to hunt solo and the mob cash made wouldn't in any way pay for all the PSI boosters you just used.
MC5 is possible with a PPU and PE/SPY, but it would just take a long time.

MC5 is ok as it is, they should maybe just up the drop rate a little though as killing the base commander multiple times for sweet fa does get frustrating.

I also find the doombeamer better than the mal for MC5

Yee fair enough, I wasnt saying it was financially viable but Im saying it can be done, you sounded like you were saying it couldnt be done by them.

It can be done by PE/Spy, but still not without a PPU. Its class specific still. No other class teams could survive and collect parts in there other than (random class here) / PPU. Thats how i was meaning by class specific area.

Doombeamer would probably be better in the fact it has a higher splash area compared to fusions. Plus its handy actually being able to see the area damage (the electricy bolt things) with it.