PDA

View Full Version : no safe slot can not work in this game for neptune

VetteroX
23-12-03, 02:04
Ive lost 3 rares in my whole time playing NC. First was a liberator, when an item could drop from your qb. I synched in an op war, got back, dead, lib gone. Second was on Saturn. A frind and I wanted to do BQ. I had my 5 slot heal in slot one, cause im used to it for monks, but we were attacked BY FA and I moved the ap sanc to slot 1 cause it was borrowed. We killed like 10 FA 2 vs 10. I thought "that must be it, lets move on to swamp" and switched it out of slot one again. Get attacked again by a large group, crash, die, of course ap drops. Lost antibuff now because I admit, I was stupid, and took my anti BUFF instead of antsheidl, they both were same # of slots and look the same near same tl and say anti at the start, so I took the wrong one, a bad mistake. But, I lost it cause this game isnt stable, crashed, died, came back its gone.

It wasnt a really big deal, I have lotsa spare libs and aps and antibuffs but I wont on neptune for a while and losing it in this manner is bullshit.

So all 3 rares ive ever lost are because of crashes in this damn game. I hardly ever carry 2 rares, unless Its a war zone or I know my freind will grab my belt ot its a mistake like above, but im sick of this. I know this game will still crash in DoY, and ill crash in a fight and lose my weapon. Until this is fixed, I just dont see how to keep a rare safe with no safe slot. It doesnt matter how good you are if the game crashes often.

I think we need a place with no le and no safezones, but I just dont get how we can ever carry gfood items if we are just gonna crash and lose em...

numb
23-12-03, 02:06
It's not the game, it's your pc :D

Yinyin
23-12-03, 02:10
I lost my 5 slot lib when I was in a sync bug. That was hrmm almost one year ago exactly=p.

Style
23-12-03, 02:15
vet bruv.... i already told u a good system to sort it, ill explain again a bit better to sort the crashs m8.

basically yeah... when u kill someone, u got 20 seconds access loot ite, and vice versa.... im sure the devs could sort something out if ur ping is at 999(the belt cannot be opened by no one but the person who died at this ping.) u know wot im sayin bro, somehting like that for sure

VetteroX
23-12-03, 02:21
well, then some kinda system so if you die while not coonected or whatever you dont lose an item... i dunno. And I dont crash much...when I do its just at very bad times. but in BF1942... I dont crash ever... counter stike, i never died because I crashed. Neocron, I do.

numb
23-12-03, 02:25
Yeah, a system where the server would almost ping the client.. or just send some message to the client which it should reply to on death (I understand the neocron client has some server functionality so this should work).

But maybe they've thought of that before and decided not to go with it as it may be easy to abuse it (maybe someone will just turn off their PC when they think they stand a chance of dying with a rare).

I still hope there are no safe slots though.

Psycho Killa
23-12-03, 02:30
Screw that no safe slots NONE god damn carebear.

Just make it so it isnt so damn hard to acquire rare weapons. If you lose yours you can always gank one off of another player. You also dont need a rare to pk.

Style
23-12-03, 02:36
Just make it so it isnt so damn hard to acquire rare weapons. If you lose yours you can always gank one off of another player. You also dont need a rare to pk.

my bredda :D

u got an invitation to hate once the pk patch is, unerfed :p

VetteroX
23-12-03, 02:48
pk honestly... you dont take it too well either when stuff goes wrong, when you crash and lose your 5 slot holy heal or you cath sanc u wont be saying that.

If I lose an item cause im beaten fair and sqaure, fine, but because the game synces or chrashes? screw that . Fix the game before neptune.

Style
23-12-03, 02:50
i had bare apartments filled wiv item loot i jacked of other players, serious i never ran out of stock, if i did i wud get it within a week by hunting people down, working for it in a fun way, isntead of sittin there wiv a construct tool or killin mobs for hours upon end

thing is vet man... ur a gud player, n i know u know what ur doin when ur pkin, so i duns ee why ur dont want this, u know u be a don if there was no safe slot n shit

Omnituens
23-12-03, 03:01
i say drop rares from neptune

no rare chips
no rare weapons
no rare stealth

if you also implement my rare cleanup idea, you could still get slot enhancers and ultimas you yout TPC/energy beam/what have you

numb
23-12-03, 03:10
Originally posted by Omnituens

no rare chips
no rare weapons
no rare stealth

if you also implement my rare cleanup idea, you could still get slot enhancers and ultimas you yout TPC/energy beam/what have you

Yeah I like that idea. With slot enhancers and ultima mods you could still get pretty nice stats on store bought guns.

My impression of neptune is that it will be major PvP server (and hopefully RP too) rather than some item hoarding thing - which you can get on all the other servers already. PvP and RP should be the main content there, not rare collecting - in my opinion of course.

dbomb
23-12-03, 03:21
neptune should be like neocron before they put in rares :D

Sealdude
23-12-03, 03:44
Shit happens bro deal with it.

Selendor
23-12-03, 04:32
I think you should always have the possiblity of dropping a rare if you decide to bring more than one. But I've always thought that the dependence on rares is too great, and they should be brought down to the level of non-rares, just with a 'slight' performance gain to be had for speccing a higher level weapon. Then people would be able to fight on without it. Might encourage more people to get into fights etc, rather than thinking, hang on, I could drop a belt in that zone, I won't go there.

Ghard
23-12-03, 04:36
nah neptune should be no safe slot no soulight penalties no cops no safezones any one can kill any one (posably maby have loss of faction sypathy if u reeeeely want)

neptune will be a pvp server and i also think the belts should go on neptune only

basicaly if u carry a rare on neptune be prepared to defend your self alot or just use non rares

Psycho Killa
23-12-03, 04:37
Vet put it this way.

You lose one of your top 10 items in your belt even slot 1 item.

Your enemy loses 1 of his top 10 items when u kill him including his weapon.

How many pes you know that consistently would beat you in a fight so why u worrying. You both have a 1 in 10 chance of losing your gun. Now think if u beat 4 pes for every time you die you will have 4x the chance of having more weapons then them. Just make it so it isnt so gay to get rares. Or atleast remove shit rares so we can have an easy time trading for rares. It wouldnt be hard to trade if all parts where worth reasonable amounts.

Keiron
23-12-03, 04:39

no rare chips
no rare weapons
no rare stealth

I like, although you would need to put in the proposed weapon changes in the Test forum for people to be able to PvP with most class's. Maybe some sort of hit to PPU's casts also, as PPU's would be nie'invul with people shooting them with non-rares.

VetteroX
23-12-03, 04:51
so many people like ghard just post random responces without reading.... doesnt matter how prepaired I am if I crash... please fix this already, its vbeen like this forever.

Psycho Killa
23-12-03, 05:26
If we had a safe slot no rares would ever ever switch from player to player. Everyone will be to damn scared to carry more then one decent weapon because of losing it. You always complain u need hacker so u can loot rares. Well u arent going to be looting crap on neptune with a safe slot. This way who earns the kill gets it no hacker needed and your more likely to gain rares.

KramerTheWeird
23-12-03, 05:34
Well, considering some players can barely ever die unless they crash out, you shouldn't be that discouraged. I die more from crashing then anything in this game now, I treat it as the unescapable justice this game gives players. Because it's unescapable, universal and doesn't apply to how you play the game, I don't think it's necessary to put safe slots in due to it's occurence. The downtime of replacing a rare is time consuming and annoying but it would make the economy better and give some players a break from your rampaging... at the same time make you more wary as to where and how you use your rares.

Please people read Vet's post, too many just saying "nah u stupid no safe zone no slot neptune rulz".

KRIMINAL99
23-12-03, 06:35
You dont keep a rare "safe" when there is no quickslot. Rares are not kept "safe" that is the whole idea. Yes you can lose rares if there is not a safeslot. This is the whole reason people want neptune. It's called gambling. What is the point of neptune if there is still a safeslot?

Occasionally I die to bugs as well, but its usually when I am attempting a shady act anyways like constantly zoning to get away from someone. Random Fatal errors for no reason only happen once per many many hours of playing, and actually haven't happened to me any time recently. This is hardly a reason to keep pvp meaningless and boring. And if you keep a half decent relation with your enemies, then they may give your weapon back if there is such a error - as long as you don't claim this left and right so they know you are lying.

The game never should have had a safeslot to begin with. When you die you lose stuff. Yes it is not impossible to die to bugs. This does not mean you ruin the pvp system- you just fix the bugs.

I think you have become way to attached to your equipment. Part of the idea of getting rid of the safeslot is not just to have players drop something valuable, but also to keep a player from having the best equipment forever without it being at risk.

ezza
23-12-03, 13:44
i can understand what your saying in regards to losing stuff from crashing, i had lost a few things in the past when item drops so it does need sorting.

but then also, look at how many times you die in relation to how many people you kill, going from the rep you have id say the people you kill is far higher, so end of day its you whos gonna have a stash of weapons, you may lose the odd one here and there but who cares cos your gonna be able to get another.

Omnituens
23-12-03, 13:48
hmmm thinking about PPU's on neptune with no rares is a bad thing, either non-rares would have to be boosted or buffs adjusted

deac
23-12-03, 14:53
bleh the ppus will suffer from the lack of cash soo its no biggy GO NONE RARE FIGHTING!!!

Style
23-12-03, 14:58
oh well omni, it will be true pvp instead of who has a ppu strapped to their ass init

s0apy
23-12-03, 14:58

no rare chips
no rare weapons
no rare stealth

genius - it would fix the economy and make tradeskillers worth more too. and make the fights more interesting.

Archeus
23-12-03, 15:12
No safe slot and leave rares in.

Seriously, Neptune will be a totally different way of thinking and fighting.

For example. Ever here of the 'death item' concept?

Basically in Asherons Call when you died you lost a large portion of what you carried based on a certain formula. So players would carry easier to obtain but more expensive and a higher percentage of dropping instead of thier rare item.

To equate that to NC. Carry 10 TL150 CST tools with you.

ghandisfury
23-12-03, 20:58
Originally posted by VetteroX
well, then some kinda system so if you die while not coonected or whatever you dont lose an item... i dunno. And I dont crash much...when I do its just at very bad times. but in BF1942... I dont crash ever... counter stike, i never died because I crashed. Neocron, I do.

Nope, that won't work because the last 10 or 15 times I've killed somebody they alt+F4ed..........if that's the case then nobody would lose an item. Losing rares *should* be part of the game. I have4 rares in my belt along with 5 slotted everything. I am always PvP ready. The only diff in Neptune should be droprate (should be atleast trippled) then you would be dissadvantaged if you didn't carry neccessities in your belt.

Omnituens
23-12-03, 23:20
Originally posted by Style
oh well omni, it will be true pvp instead of who has a ppu strapped to their ass init
you would love a server without monks wouldnt you?

only way to remove the PPU element from fights is to remove the monk class from neptune

then you end up with a server full of PE's, all using near-identical setups

:rolleyes:

Style
24-12-03, 02:47
it aint that bro, i just dont like magic n shit. i like guns, but it aint my call, if monks are there monks are there u know what im saying. either way, a serevr with no safe slot, and no quickbelt im all for it. its only thing i hate about neocron and what spoils the game

g0rt
24-12-03, 03:21
i disagree with no safe slot it will be alot of TPC's, blacksuns, etc being used and not just always rare vs rare....then if someone has the balls to bring out a rare they will be outdamaging everyone, but taking a big risk in the process

only problem i can really see is the fact that a PE is amazing with non-rare weapons, whereas other classes need rares to be real good

the way you gotta look at it is....everyone is prone to crashing, not just you or me. so you might lose a weapon from a crash, but one day you may be running after someone and they may crash and you get a weapon off them...the cycle usually works unless you have bad luck