PDA

View Full Version : Do I have a Strange Book?

StrongSad
23-12-03, 01:11
I have an item that looks like a data cube and says "normal: book"

Its says nothing more about it in the info section and I can us it. Did I get a strange book? Or is it one of those recordable data discs?

Thanks

Spectra260
23-12-03, 01:12
think its just a recordable data disc...might be wrong though

G.0.D.
23-12-03, 01:12
believe thats recordable

EDIT: where did you get it?
only gave boss mobs suposidly drop strange books

Drake6k
23-12-03, 01:13
Ever try and "use" it?

StrongSad
23-12-03, 01:14
yep I tried to use it in any fashion I could. When nothing happened thats when I got excited.

I picked it up in Plaza 1.....someone chucked it or something, thats what made me skeptical.

PS- like 4 reponses in 3 seconds......LOL

Spectra260
23-12-03, 01:16
Originally posted by StrongSad
yep I tried to use it in any fashion I could. When nothing happened thats when I got excited.

I picked it up in Plaza 1.....someone chucked it or something, thats what made me skeptical.

PS- like 4 reponses in 3 seconds......LOL

were just leet:cool:

StrongSad
23-12-03, 01:17
Help me get my NC fixed and I will post a SS!! :)

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85522

StrongSad
23-12-03, 03:18
So nobody knows.....would a GM tell me?

Darken
23-12-03, 03:30
its a recordable data disk believe
they look like hat when their already used

Callash
23-12-03, 03:42
A Strange Book is called "Strange Book" :p

Oath
23-12-03, 03:44
Originally posted by Callash
omfg..........

Sarcasm from callash?
Cheek from t3h uber dude?

KOS!!!!!!!OENOEN

Duder
23-12-03, 03:47

Whoa really? I thought it was "normal: book", because you know, anything that mentions "book" has something to do with the Strange book and the teriminator.

t0tt3
23-12-03, 04:05
Originally posted by Duder
Whoa really? I thought it was "normal: book", because you know, anything that mentions "book" has something to do with the Strange book and the teriminator.

the teriminator? Que? strange book? Que? :D :rolleyes:

Well the devourers has been here for hmm less then one week and there are allrdy 3 5 slotters out.. This shoutgun what it is I have NEVER seen it or the strange book... come on KK ffs if you "poluted" the pool with this terminator I would at least seen it... now its just a farry tale along with the strange book :rolleyes:

StrongSad
23-12-03, 04:25
I was just curious....maybe I will cancel my account while I am at it....merry Xmas :rolleyes:

jernau
23-12-03, 05:13
Like someone said it's a recordable cube.

There are 2 types of recordable cube - "books" and "discs" (I think the names are right). Only difference is how much info they hold AFAIK. Both can (in thoery) be made from junk and there have been a few other ways to get them at times too ;).

Once used they are inert.

I imagine you have one someone wrote no info into becuase they didn't realise that they are a one-hit thing (can't be re-written or re-used).

@Callash - hoping one had dropped? :p

KramerTheWeird
23-12-03, 05:41

Callash, I really must know what it looks like. Actually, I don't care so much what it looks like, but if it has a unique graphic, and is not a duplicate of some existing item like a datacube or some junk or something. For all I know I could have ditched plenty of books because it has a brown poisongland look :(

jernau
23-12-03, 05:44
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
Callash, I really must know what it looks like. Actually, I don't care so much what it looks like, but if it has a unique graphic, and is not a duplicate of some existing item like a datacube or some junk or something. For all I know I could have ditched plenty of books because it has a brown poisongland look :(

I've been guessing/assuming it's a datacube icon. If any mob dropped a datacube I would think it was odd enough to keep.

I can't think of any other icons that would make sense and KK are allergic to making new graphics.

StrongSad
23-12-03, 07:42
LOL

CarniFlex
23-12-03, 08:52
before you all go out on a wild goose chase, normal datadisc is a datacube give to you for the spy/pe mission by the guy in tt hq.

KramerTheWeird
23-12-03, 10:22
many epics give datacubes as quest items.

[TgR]KILLER
23-12-03, 12:10
Yea i still got the uber secret info's from the FA epic :p first time i dit the TS epic ages ago on another char i kept giving that thing to the wrong ppl and i could start over and over again.. so now i just din't give it to anybody during the epic :p