PDA

View Full Version : HEY TANKS! PA or no PA for pvp?

Flea
23-12-03, 00:49
The extra HC or the extra speed and con? Comments?

Jesterthegreat
23-12-03, 01:01
viper king... i like real resists :p

Mumblyfish
23-12-03, 01:03
Melee PA owns. Is there actually ANY reason not to use it as a non-HC using tank?

Flea
23-12-03, 01:04
no

edit: being stupid ^^

Mumblyfish
23-12-03, 01:05
Originally posted by Flea
-20 heavy combat

Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Is there actually ANY reason not to use it as a non-HC using tank?

Damn you and your sneaky edits ;)

Marzola
23-12-03, 01:26
I'm too sexy to wear PA in combat :D

KimmyG
23-12-03, 01:30
Pa is definalty best tank armour just depends on preference you can go with speed or you can go with higher enr and more HC to get that freq on the CS up.

Kal
23-12-03, 02:06
i like using pa, but atm im 85 str natural, perhaps when i have higher str and h-c i wont need it so much, oh and my CS with handling 105 dont help :(

personally tho, i'd say go with pa or viperking

Jesterthegreat
23-12-03, 02:16
i prefer balanced resists...

Spectra260
23-12-03, 02:19
you can just get hc 3 casted on you and shoot faster without the PA than you would with it

Vid Gamer
23-12-03, 02:26
I use HC PA3.

The -25 ATH isn't a big deal because I have 70 base +15 from Experimental Leg so I only lose 10 which makes it 60 and with 112 AGL I really do not see a decrease in run speed.

- to CON is no biggie since all CON does is determine how much overall HLT and END you have, no effect on resists.

The Force/Pierce resist is nice as well as the energy resist and the even though the bonus of +5 STR isn't really major it's nice to have that extra +15 HC.

PS: Even though there are people who think your target box becomes 25% bigger is false!

PPS: It looks sexy! :D

Mumblyfish
23-12-03, 02:28
Damn right. Tank PA looks the MEGA COOL.

naimex
23-12-03, 02:29
Ok i got a tank think it ain too shabby..

Without PA ::
Advantages :: Faster movement, no CON drain
Dis-Advantages :: A bit less armor (not much), no HC bonus, no Str bonus.

With PA ::
Advantages :: A bit more armor (not much), HC Bonus, Str bonus
Disadvantages :: Slower movement, CON drain.

Conclusion :: If your resists are good, you have a good armor and implant setup, and you have enough !!!!IMPORTANT!!!! atl AND agl (at VERY ABSOLUTE MINIMUM !!!!!!!!) 65/70 WITH PA on, then use it.

ezza
23-12-03, 02:29
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
I use HC PA3.

The -25 ATH isn't a big deal because I have 70 base +15 from Experimental Leg so I only lose 10 which makes it 60 and with 112 AGL I really do not see a decrease in run speed.

- to CON is no biggie since all CON does is determine how much overall HLT and END you have, no effect on resists.

The Force/Pierce resist is nice as well as the energy resist and the even though the bonus of +5 STR isn't really major it's nice to have that extra +15 HC.

PS: Even though there are people who think your target box becomes 25% bigger is false!

PPS: It looks sexy! :D

hmm have you tried with your setup and PA3 on taking redflash and whiteflash to see if you have a run speed increase?

Vid Gamer
23-12-03, 02:36
Originally posted by ezza
hmm have you tried with your setup and PA3 on taking redflash and whiteflash to see if you have a run speed increase?

I have never tested doing that but when I take off my PA to use Viper King (for Dev users :p) I get 85 ATH and *I* don't see a notice in if I am faster.

naimex
23-12-03, 02:42
Originally posted by ezza

Ye those drugs SERIOULY increase runspeed / jump speed.. ITS CRAZY !!!

but when those reindeer POP, u sure ain gonna run in a straight line no more =P

ezza
23-12-03, 02:50
Originally posted by naimex
Ye those drugs SERIOULY increase runspeed / jump speed.. ITS CRAZY !!!

but when those reindeer POP, u sure ain gonna run in a straight line no more =P

meh i can live with it

Vid Gamer
23-12-03, 02:54
ezza the drug poppin' n00b Tank

:D:p

ezza
23-12-03, 02:56
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
ezza the drug poppin' n00b Tank

:D:p

lol wait till the drug flash goes and ill show you * shakes fist*

Babes
23-12-03, 15:00
I wear Viperking

But i remember another thread way..way back about this.

In OP fights a Tank in nice gray PA sticks out like a saw thumb. APU.s See TANKS in PA as an Easy Kill and Easy to hit becasue of the large target area.

A non PA tank can sometimes slip between the ranks and get upclose and personal to the enemy (which is good for a Wargas Devourer or Melee Tank) becasue in the heat of battle they can be mastaken for a Noob tank and less of the threat (for a few seconds only..bet every second counts )

Think i said once " IM a Tank in PA....Look at me...Hurt me hurt me...Kill Me"

ezza
23-12-03, 15:23
meh id be more likely target the non PA'd tank cos there proberbly capped where as a lot of the time the PA tank isnt capped so needs the extra H-C.

umm the target box isnt bigger you know, its the same for PA and non PA doesnt make it easier to target, just makes as you say the tank easier to see

Original monk
23-12-03, 15:47
i never use PA on my HC-tank, never

i tried PA4 for a while it had good pierce resist and that was ok but i prefer witouth PA, youre faster, more agile, smaller hitbox and you dont look like everyone else :P

i cap every tankweapon i use anyway :)

Crest
23-12-03, 16:34
Hmmm ... I generally dont PA but if 1 on 1 with a APU with holy Light then I PA....

Depends on the situation.... PA is not good against apu with plenty of spells then you might want fire and dur armour with Antidotes ....

Since Melee tanks are fast .... and its harder to aim at them as they on your ass like a lolly pop ... PA off means quicker speed....

El Barto
23-12-03, 20:36
If your any thing like me then you need PA, cos I am soooo sexy without it the enemy just wants to sex me and not fight.

Morris
23-12-03, 22:07
I use PA2, even with 94 base str. I'll probably switch to Duranium 4 once I get a Herc, but going without PA I would have to go pure HC to get good aiming on my POS CS. I currently have about 30 points in resist force since I like not getting torn apart by Libbies :p

Nexxy
23-12-03, 22:09
No PA, never wore PA on my tank never will/

tuxy
23-12-03, 22:11
i have never lost a duel to a tank that wears pa
i play in first person and have a fairly good aim
with pa on the tanks legs are the size of tree trunks(the hit box is just so much bigger) so if u wear it your legs will be gone in 2 seconds , leaving u rooted to the spot :)
want to seee the proof ask tuxy for a duel on saturn

FBI
23-12-03, 22:13
I use it sometimes with whiteflash if need be.

Other than that, it's useless for me. I'm a guy who depends on
speed for that leverage in battle. My accuracy increases when my
runspeed increases. That's how it works for me.

FBI

Xian
23-12-03, 22:15
Originally posted by tuxy
i have never lost a duel to a tank that wears pa
i play in first person and have a fairly good aim
with pa on the tanks legs are the size of tree trunks(the hit box is just so much bigger) so if u wear it your legs will be gone in 2 seconds , leaving u rooted to the spot :)
want to seee the proof ask tuxy for a duel on saturn

Hitbox is the same size.

I duel with my PA on. I used to do it with it off - but I saw an incredibly small difference in runspeed with my CS out so I keep it on for the extra HC and armour.

FBI
23-12-03, 22:23
Originally posted by Xian
Hitbox is the same size.

I duel with my PA on. I used to do it with it off - but I saw an incredibly small difference in runspeed with my CS out so I keep it on for the extra HC and armour.

From my experience, the clientside perspective of the runspeed
is very different from serverside... in otherwords, the server doesn't
show your char running at the speed you think your going clientside.

This is why most fast people were accused of hax0ring prior to
the runspeed nerf, the server misrepresents it. This is the
same when your paralysed. You think your moving like a turtle
when your really going a little faster to others.

Don't have to take my word on it.

FBI

Xian
23-12-03, 22:49
Originally posted by FBI
From my experience, the clientside perspective of the runspeed
is very different from serverside... in otherwords, the server doesn't
show your char running at the speed you think your going clientside.

This is why most fast people were accused of hax0ring prior to
the runspeed nerf, the server misrepresents it. This is the
same when your paralysed. You think your moving like a turtle
when your really going a little faster to others.

Don't have to take my word on it.

FBI

Thing is - if you're saying I'm actually moving slower to other people when I have my PA on but I can't see it myself - I've watched clan mates duel with and without PA and they seemed alright. I didn't test it for that reason, I actually looked because I heard runspeed was affected by fps. =/

Vid Gamer
23-12-03, 22:52
People! Your hitbox does not become bigger when wearing PA! It's been proven false.

And in all honesty all Tanks move at a pretty slow rate with a cannon out so if you have enough AGL and ATH having the PA on doesn't really affect it that much.