EXP FOOT

MELEE EYE 3
FILTER HEART 2
HARDENBACKBONE 3

BUFFS:
Basic Resist Booster 1
Heavy Combat Booster 1
(deflector)

What do you think guys? This is the best possible setup I could think of for tank (besides herc chip, who can get one of those anyway :P) Please post any comments

Det0x
22-12-03, 22:07
how fast do you run with 0 athletics?

Cryotchekk
22-12-03, 22:09
Originally posted by Flea
-=RESISTS=-

FIRE: 100
ENERGY: 95
X-RAY: 114
POISON: 15
FORCE: 48
HEALTH: 109 (489 in pool)

All INT in Weaponlore

DEX:

118 AGILITY
89 TECH COMBAT

PSI: not important

ARMOR:
INQ 4 HELM
DUR 4 CHEST
MEDIUM ENERGYFIELDBELT
DURANIUM TROUSERS 4
HEAVY-INQUISITION BOOTS

IMPS:
MARINE CPU
MOVEON CPU
RESIST CHIP
TARGETING 3 CPU

GAMMA HEADBONE
BQ CHEST
GAMMA ARM
EXP LEG
EXP FOOT

MELEE EYE 3
FILTER HEART 2
HARDENBACKBONE 3

BUFFS:
Basic Resist Booster 1
Heavy Combat Booster 1
(deflector)

What do you think guys? This is the best possible setup I could think of for tank (besides herc chip, who can get one of those anyway :P) Please post any comments

rawr i got teh herc!!!!!!!!

and after thinking about it it aint that great. average ish.

Kal
22-12-03, 22:09
whats your ath, also if you overspec runspeed pa 2/3 is well worth it, the extra str is nice ut the extra aiming on CS can more than make up for the minimal runspeed decrease, also 489 health is a lot imo, i tend to go for 400, 450 max, but thats prolly a matter of taste, other than those things it looks good to me, in the end its how well you can fight wth your personal template that matters anyway

Oath
22-12-03, 22:21
well.......

setup for pa3......

and if you wanna spec out and max all natural resists then drugs are the order of the day.

My tank *theoretically* when i cap con...... will cap xry energy and fire, have base 500 health *lower than my normal* and 70 natural ath after pa and still have a fair whack of points in poison.......

use the skillmanager and experiment with drugs, for duels you can eat almost everything, for op wars limit it to mebbe 2 redflash and whiteflash are my personal faves.

remember with around 75-90 natural resist force you cap that too as well as stil having over 200 heavy.....

Im concerned about your 0 athletics though..... your gonna have to tone the xray and fire down a little and add to athletics and energy a bit.......athletics far more so.

Mumblyfish
22-12-03, 22:48
PSI: not important

Nope and nope. Think again.

Come back when you're serious... :D

Vid Gamer
22-12-03, 23:29
It's an okay setup.

Armor is good, although I prefer PA3.
Implants are good except no Herc (although you don't need a Herc. Many non-Herc Tanks beat Herc Tanks).
Bones are good although I would use a Antigamma Chest as well.

CON is decent. Like everyone else has said I would put some ATH and maybe lower your HLT a bit. I would also add more Poison.

Originally posted by Oath
My tank *theoretically* when i cap con...... will cap xry energy and fire, have base 500 health *lower than my normal* and 70 natural ath after pa and still have a fair whack of points in poison.......

Um, how. o_O

I don't see this possible without buffs or drugs. IMO using PPU buffs to perfect setups is fine (it's what I did). In OP Wars and PP fighting you usually have a PPU. Basing setups around drugs I wouldn't do. They last shorter then I want and depending on how many you take you get that annoyinh fuzzy screen which would spell doom if you happen to get that in the middle of a fight.

Vid Gamer
22-12-03, 23:33
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Nope and nope. Think again.

Come back when you're serious... :D

Bah, give me a break. You have 10 levels of PSI.

You can only use a basic heal, resist, deflector and HC1. There's no big secret to a Tank's PSI setup. :o

fatwreck
22-12-03, 23:33
i made my tanks setup to work as a solo fighter... it works for me. i've got good resists for how much life i have(558). ive thought about tweeking my con, but its working, so why mess with it. its 75 75 80 with 558 health 0 stamina and 80 atl i think. marine zerk3 moveon proto

Vid Gamer
22-12-03, 23:37
As a solo fighter you mean no buffs or anything it's tough. You can either balance out all your resists like you did and be decent but not the best or make a certain two resists better then the other two.

Some can argue 80 base ATL is too high, especially if you don't use any PA. 558 base HLT is too much, IMO and nowadays having 0 Poison is a big mistake.

Mumblyfish
22-12-03, 23:38
10 PSI is 47 points. There's a LOT you can do with 47 points. Every damage percentage you can get on a basic heal works WONDERS.

Vid Gamer
22-12-03, 23:47
How many Tanks have you seen use a basic heal during a fight? o_O

Maybe for PvM or during an OP War if things start to get hectic with few PPU's, but other then that it doesn't really matter.

Everyone puts 6 MST for the HC1, but I assume you talk about the setup where you put just enough PPW to use a spell at a time and then the rest into PPU to gain the better %'s on spells?

Mumblyfish
22-12-03, 23:49
Bingo.

PSI Booster 1 is your friend.

Benjie
22-12-03, 23:50
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
10 PSI is 47 points. There's a LOT you can do with 47 points. Every damage percentage you can get on a basic heal works WONDERS.
Agreed. IMO the perfect tank psi setup is 3 mts, and the rest on PPU. Forget psi power, get 32 Psi Use instead. Cannon Aiming comes from HC anyway and 50 Wep is more than enough, and you will notice that if you put all your Str into HC (like you should ^^) then there is barely any difference between 50 Wep and 68 Wep. The trade on of getting better, faster heals is more than worth it.

LOL @ tanks who spec 3 mts, 7 ppu, and the rest on power. :lol:
also...
LOL @ tanks who use shop bought heals and deflectors. I use a Heal and Defector with Capped frequency and near capped damage, and it is beutifull in comparison to the ones u buy at yakuma. :D

Morris
22-12-03, 23:52
I personally prefer to use melee boost instead of HC, because even with 189% aiming on my CS (str not capped and 108% handling stat :( ) accuracy is only a real problem when my FPS drops or my latency goes through the roof. The silly monkeys usually give me HC regardless of what I asked for though :lol:

My tank will have around 540-ish HP with my own (br1 and mc1) buffs and pretty nice resists once I cap con. 60 ath after PA2 and 50 base poison resist (+ FH2). I may lose some health for more resists or ath, but I feel my runspeed is okay as it is. I have a nice stamina pool as well, since I use the highly underrated (IMO) AMC 3.

EDIT: Capped freq on heal/def but not capped damage? Must be a pure PSU melee tank :p

t0tt3
22-12-03, 23:56
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
How many Tanks have you seen use a basic heal during a fight? o_O

Maybe for PvM or during an OP War if things start to get hectic with few PPU's, but other then that it doesn't really matter.

Everyone puts 6 MST for the HC1, but I assume you talk about the setup where you put just enough PPW to use a spell at a time and then the rest into PPU to gain the better %'s on spells?

My tank could use heal sanctum :P and that need som nerfs to get it ;)

Vid Gamer
22-12-03, 23:56
Originally posted by Benjie
LOL @ tanks who spec 3 mts, 7 ppu, and the rest on power. :lol:
also...
LOL @ tanks who use shop bought heals and deflectors. I use a Heal and Defector with Capped frequency and near capped damage, and it is beutifull in comparison to the ones u buy at yakuma. :D

Heh, I used to have that setup since I thought, "Wow! I can cast all my spells in a row without depleting all my pool!"
Now I use the setup I posted (although why only 3 MST? HC Tanks should put 6 to use the HC1 boost).

PS: I plan on getting a bunch of spells made on the heal, deflector, HC1, and resistor until I get 5 slotters. :D

Benjie
22-12-03, 23:58
Heh, I used to have that setup since I thought, "Wow! I can cast all my spells in a row without depleting all my pool!"
Now I use the setup I posted (although why only 3 MST? HC Tanks should put 6 to use the HC1 boost).

PS: I plan on getting a bunch of spells made on the heal, deflector, HC1, and resistor until I get 5 slotters. :D
Try lomming to 50 Wep and putting 32 into Psi Use so you cast a lot faster and heal more. Considering Heavy Class does most of your Aiming it's worth it.

Flea
23-12-03, 00:31
70 athletics guys, NO PA sorry forgot to add that

Also, i planned on having 32 ppu, 6 mst and a few in psi power, giving me 480-ish percent on my heal

Cryotchekk
23-12-03, 01:10
well i use

str: all hc

con: 68 with pa3 on, 65 fire, 100 energy, 95 xray, 10 poison

dex: 105 agil, just enough tc for mal, rest in vehicle

int: all wep lore

psi: 3 mst like 6 in psi use and rest in ppu

imps: pp, marine, moveon, herc, mc eye 3, fh2, hbb3, anti gamma head + arm, bq chest, exp foot + leg

armour: inq4 helm, pa3, dura4 pants, heavy inq boots

i still have 8 con to cap and 2 str to cap

Marzola
23-12-03, 01:19
your setup is semi-decent. IMO instead of coming to the forums and asking if your setup is good you should put time into it and tweaking it. It's what I did and my tank can take a lot of punishment. Not going to tell my numbers, but I can tell you you will need to spend some time tweaking that setup you have. It's a good start, but needs some tweaking. You also might want to rethink using that targeting 3 CPU and think of another chip that could help you out more.

fatwreck
23-12-03, 02:10
Some can argue 80 base ATL is too high, especially if you don't use any PA. 558 base HLT is too much, IMO and nowadays having 0 Poison is a big mistake.

well i dont fight apu/ppu teams solo, so 0 poison isnt a big deal, cause if theres a ppu with an apu, i got a ppu with a carth sanctum following me.if its a solo apu, i dont worry cause they will die before i do or if i get jumped from behind usually the poison isnt what kills me cause i'll pop a drug righ taway, i keep 2 good drugs in my QB to drop a few stacks if i get nailed bad. works for me, i dont really die from poison unless im being stupid about it. as far as the health goes... i take about the same amount of damage as most people, maybe a few hp more, but not so much more that sacraficing 150 health for more resists seems like a good idea.

fatwreck
23-12-03, 02:11
hit quote instead of edit. :mad:

ezza
23-12-03, 02:24
the setups decent, as with mysetup once i put it to the test i could start tweaking it a bit here and there depending on how i faired against certain opponants and weapons.

looking at your setup im thinking pwned by poison.

ive also started taking a few drugs, redflash whiteflash and paretamol forte though wouldnt do that at ops, normally in PP or aggy celler or if i run into a lone enemy whatever, something where drugs would give me the edge rather than fuck my sight up:p

i notice a few of you guys wear PA3, with imps and PA on what do you have for agility and athletics, my chars setup not to wear PA though i do pop PA1 or 2 on sometimes and i hate the slow down

cant remember of top of head but think i have about 60 in athletics and 105-110 in agility.

my imps setup is marine/proto/moveon/distance 3

Vid Gamer
23-12-03, 02:39
Originally posted by fatwreck
well i dont fight apu/ppu teams solo, so 0 poison isnt a big deal, cause if theres a ppu with an apu, i got a ppu with a carth sanctum following me.if its a solo apu, i dont worry cause they will die before i do or if i get jumped from behind usually the poison isnt what kills me cause i'll pop a drug righ taway, i keep 2 good drugs in my QB to drop a few stacks if i get nailed bad. works for me, i dont really die from poison unless im being stupid about it. as far as the health goes... i take about the same amount of damage as most people, maybe a few hp more, but not so much more that sacraficing 150 health for more resists seems like a good idea.

Heh, wait until you fight a Tank with a war-gas modded Devourer. :p

naimex
23-12-03, 02:39
Originally posted by Flea
-=RESISTS=-

FIRE: 100 <-- ( NO COMMENTS )
ENERGY: 95 <-- ( NO COMMENTS )
X-RAY: 114 <-- ( NO COMMENTS )
POISON: 15 <-- ( NO COMMENTS )
FORCE: 48 <-- ( NO COMMENTS )
HEALTH: 109 (489 in pool) <-- ( NO COMMENTS )

All INT in Weaponlore <--- ( plus 2 to Psi Use which cant be put in WPL )

DEX:

118 AGILITY <--- (not bad)
89 TECH COMBAT <----- ( make agl 102 or 104 cant remember and put TC to 100 then you can use CS out of GR (with enough Str / after a few secs) )

PSI: not important <-- ( nope, not really )

ARMOR:
INQ 4 HELM <--- ( Oook.. )
DUR 4 CHEST <--- ( Baaah.. )
MEDIUM ENERGYFIELDBELT <--- ( hell ain usin no light version :P )
DURANIUM TROUSERS 4 <---- ( Ooook... )
HEAVY-INQUISITION BOOTS <---- ( Yup :) )

IMPS:
MARINE CPU <--- ( A must have )
MOVEON CPU <---- ( A must have )
RESIST CHIP <--- ( just for a bit extra resist doesnt do much diffy )
TARGETING 3 CPU <---- ( yea sure you get more aim on cs.. but CS aim is random. ( had aim to 249 % doesnt hit any better than at 202 % ) )

GAMMA HEADBONE <-- ( Yep )
BQ CHEST <--- ( Yep )
GAMMA ARM <--- (Yep )
EXP LEG <--- ( Yep )
EXP FOOT <--- ( Yep )

MELEE EYE 3 <--- ( Yep )
FILTER HEART 2 <--- ( Yep )
HARDENBACKBONE 3 <--- ( Yep )

BUFFS:
Basic Resist Booster 1
Heavy Combat Booster 1
(deflector)

^^ bah..

Vid Gamer
23-12-03, 02:43
Originally posted by ezza
ive also started taking a few drugs, redflash whiteflash and paretamol forte though wouldnt do that at ops, normally in PP or aggy celler or if i run into a lone enemy whatever, something where drugs would give me the edge rather than fuck my sight up:p

Drug are teh suck! I bet you if you run into an enemy unexpectedly he's as surpised as you, so it all comes down to who has the better setup, gun stats, and aim. A 1 on 1 encounter is the only time I *might* use drugs. Anything else they are a hassle. Although I always carry around Concentrated Anti-Freeze and Anti-Damage drugs in my QB.

i notice a few of you guys wear PA3, with imps and PA on what do you have for agility and athletics, my chars setup not to wear PA though i do pop PA1 or 2 on sometimes and i hate the slow down

cant remember of top of head but think i have about 60 in athletics and 105-110 in agility.

Well, I wear PA3 and I have 70 base ATH with +15 from Experimental Foot so I only lose 10 ATH making me get 60 ATH but with 112 AGL the runspeed is honestly no different to me on or off.

fatwreck
23-12-03, 02:43
Heh, wait until you fight a Tank with a war-gas modded Devourer. :p
heh yeah i know... imma have to check my apts and find a filter 2 sooner or later. but until i die from poison a whole lot, its not worth the hassel for me

Vid Gamer
23-12-03, 02:46
Before I LoM'ed I only had 10 Poison and that was from a FH1 [I STILL don't have a FH2 :mad:] and a war-gas Devourer killed me in like 5 shots. :eek:

ezza
23-12-03, 02:46
Drug are teh suck! I bet you if you run into an enemy unexpectedly he's as surpised as you, so it all comes down to who has the better setup, gun stats, and aim. A 1 on 1 encounter is the only time I *might* use drugs. Anything else they are a hassle. Although I always carry around Concentrated Anti-Freeze and Anti-Damage drugs in my QB.

[b]

Well, I wear PA3 and I have 70 base ATH with +15 from Experimental Foot so I only lose 10 ATH making me get 60 ATH but with 112 AGL the runspeed is honestly no different to me on or off.

i carry 3 drugs in my quick slots so i can down em real fast so np if i see some enemy scum

Vid Gamer
23-12-03, 02:47
i carry 3 drugs in my quick slots so i can down em real fast so np if i see some enemy scum

Just make sure no one else comes while you can't see your screen. :p

naimex
23-12-03, 02:47

drugs are bad... ill just outbattle until drugs go flash and then kill you with bare hands =P

ezza
23-12-03, 02:48
Originally posted by naimex
drugs are bad... ill just outbattle until drugs go flash and then kill you with bare hands =P
lol if a tank v tank fight last long enough for me to suffer from drug flash id proberbly of gotten bored

fatwreck
23-12-03, 02:51
if you really didnt want a drugflash, pop a whiteflash, keeps the drug flash from hitting until the fights over and your alot faster without the health hit redflash gives

naimex
23-12-03, 02:51
had a fight where both me and the other had a PPU

fighting in PP1..

after about 10 minutes, we both used all ammo, and none of us were the least damaged and both fully buffed =/

then we just stood stared at eachother.. and he says to me..

wait.. drugflash..

^^

ezza
23-12-03, 02:52
Originally posted by naimex
had a fight where both me and the other had a PPU

fighting in PP1..

after about 10 minutes, we both used all ammo, and none of us were the least damaged and both fully buffed =/

then we just stood stared at eachother.. and he says to me..

wait.. drugflash..

^^
if i know im gonna have a ppu i wouldnt bother, only select occasions where i use it, and a ppu strapped to my ass occiasion aint one of em

Vid Gamer
23-12-03, 02:53
Funny...never knew so many Tanks popped in like 3 drugs before a fight. lol

fatwreck
23-12-03, 02:54
the only drugs i use are antipoison antifreeze and antidmg boost.

ezza
23-12-03, 02:54
yup bunch of crackhead tanks gotta have my fix;)

Vid Gamer
23-12-03, 02:56
Originally posted by fatwreck
the only drugs i use are antipoison antifreeze and antidmg boost.

Antiposion drugs suck. They're no use when an APU stacks you with 8 or facing a war-gas Devourer. The Concentrated takes 8 seconds to remove 3 stacks.. o_O

naimex
23-12-03, 03:01
Antiposion drugs suck. They're no use when an APU stacks you with 8 or facing a war-gas Devourer. The Concentrated takes 8 seconds to remove 3 stacks.. o_O

Nope their not..

Cleansing Flamethrower ::
Napalm :: 4 stacks of fire PER HIT
War-Gas :: 4 stacks of poison PER HIT

You do the math, no recoil, monk aim, limited range, obstacle disregard.

Doesnt take a lotta secs before you cant even see your buffs no more =P

FBI
23-12-03, 06:51
PSI is important, everything that helps a tank is important. IF you
think otherwise your a noob.

best psi for tank = 22ppu, adjust the rest to your liking.

spent a couple hours testing psi with 5 slot capped basic heal

FBI

Vid Gamer
23-12-03, 07:04
I don't understand how 22 is the optimal place. The more PPU the better I thought.

And WTH can you test a Tank heal for two hours. o_O

FBI
23-12-03, 09:52
Well, LoM's cause 5-10 mins of SI and then at times i had to relevel
my psi with missions... you know the drill. Then used a malediction
and a 5 slot basic heal. I came to the conclusion that, to use HC
boost 1 and have decent healage, 22 is best. But, it's setup to
my style for mana/psi use. I need atleast 30 mana, so when i use
deflector..by the time its done casting ill have mana left to heal
then cast hc1. Again, i tried over 22, little results showed to make
the heal anybetter, if just slightly anyway. Not worth it for my style
of quick spell switching/casting in mist of battle.

I don't like boosters ;)

FBI

FBI
23-12-03, 09:54
Ooops...forum lag = double posting.. Sorry.

FBI

Vid Gamer
23-12-03, 11:05
Ah, I see. :)

shrubbery
23-12-03, 11:21
PSI PE Question

Yes um, is it wise to have 0 PPW and have it all in PPU? And have like 80 PSI USE, and use boosters as mentioned? Never thought of this, seems worth a shot..

ezza
23-12-03, 13:19
i only have enough psi to cast one spell at a time so i get the higher % on my spells, when your getting popped by a libby PE those extra %ages make the diffrence