PDA

View Full Version : Plaza 1 = Silent mystery DEATH

Skinfitz
22-12-03, 21:44
Ok.. I've read the patch notes. Don't go into P1 medicare they say. Ok, so I stay out of medicare.

I'm in Plaza 1, then I'm dead. WTF? I go back to find someone hacking my belt. I walk over to them, then I'm DEAD. ????

I go back again, dead. Dead, Dead.

I'm a capped PE in PEPA4. No sound, no warning, just DEATH.

What is going on? Am I being shot by something that is out of earshot? What are they shooting me with? Invisible bullets?

L0KI
22-12-03, 21:52
well, its the CA guards, but sometimes you dont see them shoot. Infact, 90% of the time, its just insta death.

Its sucks, but is very easy to avoid.

Kal
22-12-03, 21:55
this has happened to my tank 50/58 and my ppu 57/51, my ppu had full hp, all holy buffs on and a holy heal and holy heal sanctum up, i was standing in yakarma on my ppu and behind the terms on my tank, both places are out of los of the guards, i was not being shot at and the guards werent pissed off (they werent even spamming messages)

edit: they were pissed off when i died on my ppu but theres no way they could hit me, i had been standing out of los for a good 5 seconds on full hp

Flea
22-12-03, 22:01
I sent a complaint to helpsystem. They said a guard was caught in the pillar, and it was fixed, apparently it happened again, because I died instantly in plaza one again heh.

Mumblyfish
22-12-03, 22:04
Common Sense is on the phone. It wants to know WHAT THE FUCK YOU'RE DOING IN PLAZA!

VetteroX
22-12-03, 22:09
you have to go through there sometimes... I havnt died yet cause I zip through... but the insta kill shit is BS... I can take a few copbot shots before dieing, I should at least know im being shot.

Kal
22-12-03, 22:11
i cant be asked to find another yaks, its out of los of the guards too so it should be pretty safe

Myrlin
22-12-03, 22:13
Originally posted by VetteroX
you have to go through there sometimes... I havnt died yet cause I zip through... but the insta kill shit is BS... I can take a few copbot shots before dieing, I should at least know im being shot.

You HAVE to go through plaza?? I didn't realize all of the other ways to get around the city had been blocked off.... I'll bet NEXT will have a fit when they find out the subway is broken and no one can get around the city without walking through plaza 1.

I agree with Mumbly... just use common sense and stay out of plaza 1.

edit: spelling

Kal
22-12-03, 22:18
plaza 1 is the centerpiece of the plaza district, it takes too long to go around sometimes

Skinfitz
22-12-03, 22:21
Arhar - I posted a bug report in game, and PlasmaStorm came to help - turns out there was a CA guard stuck in a pillar who was capping anyone who went past....!

Thanks PS.

Doc Holliday
22-12-03, 22:22
We had this discussion last night and a certain twat who shall remain nameless kept makin stupid remarks about us being nubs etc when it was explained of this issue. Psycho Groupie if your out there. dont u feel a dick now?

Myrlin
22-12-03, 22:22
Originally posted by Kal
plaza 1 is the centerpiece of the plaza district, it takes too long to go around sometimes

Oh I'm so sorry it takes longer to go around plaza 1. I'm sure the officials in City Admin are going to be concerned that they are wasting the time of a known criminal. You should stop by their HQ and discuss the matter with them. I'm sure they will reprimand the guards in question and order them to leave all criminals outside of medicare alone.

OOC> KK said that Plaza 1 is off limits to all anti-city runners. They were kind and only made the guards inside medicare KOS runners. Apparently there is a bug somewhere that causes the guards to be a bit random in who they attack. I agree that the "invisible bullets" issue should be fixed, but I also think that it serves you right for pressing your luck and shopping in plaza 1. There are other Yakarma stores in the world.

Felissa
23-12-03, 02:52
There are Yakarmas in the other plaza sectors and even in Pepper Park.

KK is working on "despamming" and "delagging" Plaza 1 I think, that is the not IC reason for anti-CAs being banned.

Start to create an own trade center somewhere else.

naimex
23-12-03, 03:04
CA guards at P1 medicare have a tendency to be pushed a bit backwards, and then gets hit by the opening MEDICARE door and gets pushed INSIDE the pillars.. this causes them to have a noclip effect, and they can practically hit you whereever you are in the zone. all you can see of them... are the guns on the one side of the pillar.

Spectra260
23-12-03, 03:12
ive died from them twice so far, and gotten shot from them about 7 times...

NONE of the times did i see OR hear ANYTHING...

its really annoying too...

Felissa
23-12-03, 03:32
Hmm, maybe KK should remove the doors... I don't like them anyway.

IceStorm
23-12-03, 03:37
you have to go through there sometimes
There is almost nothing in Plaza 1 that is not duplicated elsewhere in NC, in safezones. The one thing I'm not sure about is DREs, but I think there's a DRE in VR somewhere. To be honest, though, if you're hostile to CA you probably shouldn't be buying apartments in Plaza or Via Rosso. Anywho, you do not have to go through/to Plaza 1 - you can get to Plaza 4 via a subway ride from Plaza 2, PP1/2, or OZ Station to VR3 and then a jog from there to VR1 and then PL4...

The only other exception to this may be apartments, but I don't recall any of the factions hostile to CA having starters in Plaza 1. If you bought an apartment in Plaza/Via Rosso and you're hostile to CA, well, shame on you.

Sure, it's a pain in the ass, but it's not like anyone forced you to chose a faction hostile to CA. This day has been a long time in coming, and I for one am happy it has arrived. :-)

Duder
23-12-03, 03:44
You mean there ARE OTHER ZONES THEN PLAZA 1 WHO SELL PSI SPELLS AND APT KEYS? WOW HOW UNEXPECTED, I SURE DIDNT KNOW THAT, AS I WAS TOO BUSY SHOOTING 5 AGGIES IN THE AGGIE SEWER AND SITTING IN PLAZA 1 SAYING HOW BORED I AM.

Plaza 4 / Via Rosso 1, has everything you need and more, too bad KK didnt make Plaza 1 fully Anti-CA unfriendly.

Kal
23-12-03, 15:18
yea i know about the yaks in via and plaza 4, but to get to plaza 4 you gotta go through plaza 1 or a huge detour through via rosso, the quickest way of going to viarosso without a detour through the subway is through plaza 4, im lazy and if theres a shortcut im gonna take it:p

i like this patch a lot, especially the pp changes, maybe they should put some more links in the city, or better yet a shopping district in pepperpark

Archeus
23-12-03, 15:25
Come to Tech Haven, its really safe these days.

Darth Slayer
23-12-03, 15:41
Don't the CA guards use copbot rifles hence being able to shoot throu walls and such?
@ Doc theres no need to name names mate specially as it's against forum rules.....:p