View Full Version : Random turret Dissapearence

LTA
22-12-03, 18:58
Ok why has the entire set of turrets we layed in our op completely vanished?
I mean all the ones on the top not in the ug, a member of our clan went about turreting the op and now all the turrets have gone. Yet none where destroyed as there was nothing on the info.

So on Uranus.... tell me why do turrets just magically dissapear?

Nidhogg
22-12-03, 18:59
How many did you lay?

N

Myrlin
22-12-03, 19:04
That happened to my clan on Pluto a few times when we used to hold Simmons. I don't remember if we ever figured out what was going wrong but I'll ask the clan if they remember what came of it.

L0KI
22-12-03, 19:05
this seemed to happen to sYn often.

Happened when we put 9 or 10 turrets down.

Happened at Crest, Krupp, Jeriko.

Im sure LTA is referring to eastgate.

LTA
22-12-03, 19:10
Originally posted by Nidhogg
How many did you lay?

N

Couple of stuns and a few gats mainly to protect the hack room and the entire lot has gone.

Tomekk
22-12-03, 19:16
http://happysims.xynx.de/tomekk/Neocron/turret_bug.jpg
(happened from one second to the other)

This happens on almost all our ops on Uranus when we put turrets there...I gave it up already.

LTA
22-12-03, 19:21
Originally posted by Tomekk
http://happysims.xynx.de/tomekk/Neocron/turret_bug.jpg
(happened from one second to the other)

This happens on almost all our ops on Uranus when we put turrets there...I gave it up already.

heh thats the onl yhing lol, i was logged in but afk and there is only 1 message and that was a turret that was in the wrong place when we were laying them.
After that zip zilch nada.... all gone without a trace...

Myrlin
22-12-03, 19:26
Tomekk is it possible you put the turrets too close and they shot each other?

The difference between your screenie and LTAs complaint is that he didn't recieve any warnings that the turrets were destroyed, they just disappeared.

\\Fényx//
22-12-03, 19:27
Ive had on more than one occasion turrets dissapear from our OPs, and it always seems to be around 20-30 minutes before th OPs attacked, one time we'd laid 3 turrets in tezla UG, since they made it 'legal' again, and one by one we saw them dissapear, no destroyed messages, they just dissapeared |:

N1n3
22-12-03, 19:29
its a kind of magic *sing*

Psyco Groupie
22-12-03, 19:29
stale donuts !

Tomekk
22-12-03, 19:46
This was the only message that appeared when all turrets of 6 ops vanished
and no, it is not possible that they shot at each other. Some clanmates had just put them in blackhill and they were still standing there. Suddenly they were all gone and the message appeared directly (10 messages in half a second, no way they shot at each other)

sw1tch
22-12-03, 19:49
i know turrets on hills like to slide down them over time, and if that means they get stuck in wall they just disapear,

its an expensive bug

another topic on it: http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83584

Archeus
22-12-03, 19:55
I saw the reverse yesterday.

I went to an op to distract a certain clan. There is only turret at the op (artillery on the roof) and three turrets in the UG. I hack the op and wait. After about 5 minutes someone shows up to check up on the place but doesn't see me and doesn't lay any more turrets down. So after he leaves I hack the op again, but when I come out of the hack screen there is a turret just across the way from me attacking me that wasn't there before.

There was absoulty no one around while I was in hack screen, and there was no way they could get to me, drop a turret then hide. I even hung around the area watching to see if someone was there.

steweygrrr
22-12-03, 20:02
do turrets have a decay rate/lifetime built somewhere into their code?

Jest
22-12-03, 20:03
It's probably the turret gnomes. Those little whore bags are always causing trouble.

kurai
22-12-03, 20:04
Yep - this issue has been around for ages.

It has a few slightly different flavours ...

1. A turret simply vanishes - sometimes right before your very eyes... This is for established turrets that have been placed for some time, not freshly dropped ones in dodgy locations.
I've seen it happen many times with my own clan's turrets, and with enemy turrets. No warning message in owner's Clan Chat.

2. As above, but *all* the turrets vanish simultaenously, and there is sudden blurt of "turret destroyed messages"

3. Turrets are killed by enemy/mob/other turrets in the normal fashion, but no notification sent to owner's Clan Chat.
This one seems to occur a lot more frequently in OP undergrounds.

It's been the cause of a hell of a lot of arguments and inter-clan bickering.

On one occasion I happened to be using the gogu inside an ally controlled OP, standing right next to a Gat3.
I happened to turn, and while facing it directly, type something in chat and as I did so the gat vanished from before my very eyes like some crap Vegas magician's schtick.

About 45 seconds later, as I was typing "WTF o_0 Something weird just happened ..." on Clan, one of the owner clan appeared out of UG ready to spank whoever killed it.

I had a hell of a time convincing him I hadn't just ganked the bloody thing. (ended up sending him a screenshot of the "WTF o_0" line :D)

kurai
22-12-03, 20:08
Originally posted by Archeus
There was absoulty no one around while I was in hack screen, and there was no way they could get to me, drop a turret then hide. I even hung around the area watching to see if someone was there. Some tradeskillers in some clans will stealth around an OP with the sole aim of dropping turrets, as they haven't specced any direct combat skills at all.

30 seconds is plenty of time to achieve this and bug out, if one is so minded.