PDA

View Full Version : strange ? this happen to anyone else?

ponders
22-12-03, 18:36
when I was at OP fights , sometimes i used to notice a drop in my health ? without being hit by anything? silent hunter maybe? ok that a possibilty .

But then i noticed it when i was hunting mobs when no one else was about . Ok it could be a sniper again .

Then i was leveling my noob private eye the same thing happend ? only this time i was inside the J 02 go go room , and there was nothing but a few launcher cyclopse who were outside on the outside of the fence !! so WTF ? Ok i might be a bug .

Ok now i fast forward to today . My private eye is almost capped . There i was leveling and and collecting techs . Theres some clan chat going on which im reading , so i stop to reply . Half way thru writing a sentance i look at my health bar and im like 25 health left , I swear i felt or heard nothing . OMG !! I look around and saw a Asen monk heading towards me , only thing i could do was stealth and run , especialy as i was in a anarchy zone and didnt want to drop anything for the sake of it . The monk wasnt that close , certainly not close enough to read his rank or clan rank .

So either a bug meant he could shoot me without me knowing ?
Or there was someone else there who i couldnt see at all ?

I dont know what to think , but if that was you in J15 and you could shed some light on this i would appreciate it .

Or if anyone else has had a similar problem and knows the answer ?

ezza
22-12-03, 18:46
not had a bug like that in ages, most likely proberbly someone was hitting you.

maybe a bit of lag or something?

damn those asen monks:mad:

GT_Rince
22-12-03, 18:47
I have had exactly the same thing happen to me at MB while hunting at the bunker. One minute I am at full health, the next, I am dead - and no sniper is gonna get a Tank with 509 Health & Full Duranium 4 Armor on to zero health that quickly. Besides, this also happened to me whilst I was inside the bunker as well.

I did see a sniper around there another day and could see his swirly. One hit told me it was a Silent Hunter he was using, and even that only took about 80 Health off me (would have thought more...).

I also reported this as a bug, got an response saying if it needed looking at, it would be. Soooo, they do know :)

robinitnow
22-12-03, 18:49
I get that with mobs when it gets a bit laggy or there shots hit somthing in the way. that one is an old one

ponders
22-12-03, 18:57
It didnt seem laggy , all chat channels were working ok , wouldnt they be effected by lagg ? even if they arn't effected and it is lagg that sux as that could mean that someone could be right infront of me killing me and i wouldnt even know .

Morris
22-12-03, 18:58
If your client can't "see" the player/mob that's hitting you for whatever reason, it sometimes doesn't draw the effects. For example if someone is very far away and shooting me with a long-range weapon with a visible effect (I've tested this with Ravager and fusion rifles), unless you're facing them you will not see the beam/ball but your health will drop. Likewise, when getting a long synch (but not the kind with the black screen) into PP I could see my tank's healt slooowly dropping and hitting zero, but no plasma/HL/anything else hitting me. Only when I finished synching did I see the trio of monks standing over my body (ironically enough, they too were asen :p )

ezza
22-12-03, 18:59
i have heard a few case of people not being able to see some people, maybe this is what happened

ponders
22-12-03, 19:04
Originally posted by Morris
unless you're facing them you will not see the beam/ball but your health will drop.

This might shed some light on this what happened today as when i looked around the Asen monk was coming towards me from behind .

But that wouldnt explain other times like in the J 02 building .

Punisher-X
22-12-03, 19:05
My PE, with about 455 life, instantly dropped deaad at on OP fight....from 455 life, to select a GR.
Never had that happen b4 o_O

ponders
22-12-03, 19:09
Originally posted by ponders
Then i was leveling my noob private eye the same thing happend ? only this time i was inside the J 02 go go room , and there was nothing but a few launcher cyclopse who were outside on the outside of the fence !!

One thing this wouldnt explain is at the time i had my LE still in so it couldnt have been another player and mobs dont go in the building...... LOL now im realy confused

kurai
22-12-03, 19:48
Originally posted by GT_Rince
I did see a sniper around there another day and could see his swirly. One hit told me it was a Silent Hunter he was using, and even that only took about 80 Health off me (would have thought more...). If you saw the swirly, then it wasn't a Silent Hunter ;)

It would most likely be a Pain Easer if the swirly was white, or a Disruptor if it was pink.
(Or possibly a Commando if he switched weapons - that would explain the relatively low dmg and single hit)

greploco
22-12-03, 19:50
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82577&highlight=invisible+warbot

invisible mobs do occur, they also rarely spawn within objects

Spoon
22-12-03, 19:52
It's that elusive Invisable Warbot.........

RuriHoshino
22-12-03, 20:02
I've had launchers inside walls kill me lots of timeso_O

Spoon
22-12-03, 20:25
Originally posted by RuriHoshino
I've had launchers inside walls kill me lots of timeso_O

I've had Enlighted Preachers spawn in the walls of that J_02 bunker, also....