PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get the Neocron Demo?

Benjie
22-12-03, 18:07
I heard there was a Demo where Twilight Guardian had taken over the city, and the city was ruined. I saw footage of something which looked like it could be it on Gamepad when Neocron was reviewed there ages ago.

Anybody know where I can download it?

fatwreck
22-12-03, 18:16
uhh isnt it the offline demo included with the game?

Nidhogg
22-12-03, 18:34
Not the one that Benjie is talking about.

N

[SP]Ostrich
22-12-03, 18:44
http://neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=55#tutorial

i _think_ that's what you want

Matthew.v.smith
22-12-03, 19:29
Ahhh yeah the first demo of Neocron that I tried :)

However the way u start is a bit misleading, U start at rank 40 and can use all the guns u find (Uzi , Rocket launcher etc) this actually led me to thinking u could use all guns from the start of The Real NC but i was sadly mistaken (so i ran around for about a week using only my knife :p)

However its an entertaining little game :)

U play as Jerod Parker a City admin Under cover cop (a PE in other words :p)
and he has just woken up from Cryo Recreation.

the game helps u understand how to equip guns,build a rocket launcher , open doors etc.

U use a knife a Uzi and a rocket launcher to smash a grate open.

The city is in ruin and u see dead strippers the cops actually speak and so does Jerod and all shop keepers do also :)
and docters try to resus the injured :)
u have to make some ammo for some cops and then join in the fight against TG.
at the end u apparently Die (well if u read one of the "rare pistols Descriptions" i cant remember which 1 it says that jerod dies to the TG)

Look at the main NC website for the Download link :)

Matty.:angel:

Benjie
23-12-03, 00:03
Originally posted by [SP]Ostrich
http://neocron.com/index.php?name=NeoContent&op=modload&file=index&pageID=55#tutorial

i _think_ that's what you want
sweet! Thanks. :)

Keiron
23-12-03, 00:21
That is the exact demo that got me hooked to NC. Not exactly the game I was expecting from the demo, but I got addicted none the less.

Mumblyfish
23-12-03, 00:23
Yep, the demo got me as well.

The fun I had talking shit to the subway guy... until I found out he was a TG and he started blowing me to patch 160 and back.

Why can't we have NPCs like that in the real game? :(

Benjie
23-12-03, 00:24
I'm downloading it now. (well actually I'm waiting in line at fileplanet but what r u gonna do?:rolleyes: ) If it's the one I am thinking of then there is a bit where you talk to a City Admin guard and you say "What Happened Here?" and the City Admin building is in ruins.

Ascension
23-12-03, 00:46
Originally posted by Benjie
I'm downloading it now. (well actually I'm waiting in line at fileplanet but what r u gonna do?:rolleyes: ) If it's the one I am thinking of then there is a bit where you talk to a City Admin guard and you say "What Happened Here?" and the City Admin building is in ruins.

Yeah that is there :D I d/l it earlier ;)

Egeon
23-12-03, 00:46
Originally posted by Matthew.v.smith
at the end u apparently Die (well if u read one of the "rare pistols Descriptions" i cant remember which 1 it says that jerod dies to the TG)

Executioner. Great background story. Would make nice damage, if no one had deflectors :p

Keiron
23-12-03, 00:50
Hrm, that sparked an interesting idea in my mind. What if KK re-did the demo so it had a few different runs all of which tell one of the rare item stories. If people had to play the demo over a few times to get all of the stories I'm sure it would rope a few more people in. Of course, they would have to edit them so the person used the gun he had the story about. Would be good advertising to release something like that with DOY.

StrongSad
23-12-03, 02:24
Implants for FOREVER to put in. :confused:

Ascension
23-12-03, 02:30
Originally posted by StrongSad
Implants for FOREVER to put in. :confused:

ROFL yeah :( took bout 5 mins 4 a cyber eye 1 :lol:

Also all the voices were by the same guy part from the women:rolleyes:

numb
23-12-03, 02:37
ARGH! The tutorial with the game is different! I always thought it was the same as the demo! Damn I've never tried it!

Q`alooaith
23-12-03, 07:26
It'd be nice if the tut was more like the offline demo, but then it's not..