PDA

View Full Version : Xbox

Babes
22-12-03, 15:30
I got an XBOX for Christmas .....As i Play Neocron and EVE-Online most of the time I thought id surf the Net and find a use for it.

XBOX Uses (http://www.shadowflux.com/xbox.html)

What else could you use an xbox for lol

Matthew.v.smith
22-12-03, 15:32
Hehe for Xmas I got XIII and Rainbow 6 Raven sheild.
both cool and damn fun ^_^.

Matty:angel:

ElfinLord
22-12-03, 15:33
A really big and very ugly, IMO, paperweight? :D

Babes
22-12-03, 15:34
Originally posted by Matthew.v.smith
Hehe for Xmas I got XIII and Rainbow 6 Raven sheild.
both cool and damn fun ^_^.

Matty:angel:

I got Rainbow 6 on the PC seams silly getting it for the XBOX also. Lord of the Ring - Return of the king. But not played it much yet.

Matthew.v.smith
22-12-03, 15:35
Lol i have every console :p

My fav is hmmmm.

i'll get back too u on that 1 :)

Matty.

Matthew.v.smith
22-12-03, 15:36
Yeah i had it on PC also.

But that was before my upgrade and it ran like a dog in treacle.

Matty :lol:

Clownst0pper
22-12-03, 16:00
You could use it to kill someone if you

A) Throw it at them from a very high height

B) Make them look at it.

C) Throw it at there back while there playing on the PS2

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Omnituens
22-12-03, 16:06
Originally posted by ElfinLord
A really big and very ugly, IMO, paperweight? :D
exactly

just as the GC is a lunchbox in disguise.

ElfinLord
22-12-03, 16:07
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
C) Throw it at there back while there playing on the PS2

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shhhh . . . don't give Microsoft any ideas.

We all know they will go to any lengths to make their products the ones everyone has to have. Eliminating all the PS2 users is probably the only way they will ever have that kind of success with XBOX. :D

Anyway, if I could ever actually be bothered to buy XBOX, I would probably just use it to play games whenever I could drag myself away from NC and these damn forums. :lol:

Babes
22-12-03, 16:12
Originally posted by ElfinLord
Shhhh . . . don't give Microsoft any ideas.

We all know they will go to any lengths to make their products the ones everyone has to have. Eliminating all the PS2 users is probably the only way they will ever have that kind of success with XBOX. :D

Anyway, if I could ever actually be bothered to buy XBOX, I would probably just use it to play games whenever I could drag myself away from NC and these damn forums. :lol:

You say PS2 ? Here is a good use for a PS2 (http://arrakis.ncsa.uiuc.edu/ps2/cluster.php)

ElfinLord
22-12-03, 16:20
Originally posted by Babes
You say PS2 ? Here is a good use for a PS2 (http://arrakis.ncsa.uiuc.edu/ps2/cluster.php)
That is a shitload of PS2's. :)

Cyphor
22-12-03, 17:47
Games wise project gotham racing 2 rocks. True crime, kights of the old republic, soul calibur 2, XIII, Rainbow 6 3, and some others are some good newish releases in the uk, if your in the US mabey try the GTA double pack, its been out on the ps2 for a year but the ps2 version doesnt look half as good as the xbox one due to the better hardware :) erm also got counter strike, the sims bustin out and for a space game battle star galactica thats just came out. Its really down to what type of games you want to play on it.
You could also get the DVD remote and use it as a half decent dvd player, you'll need a action replay card if you want to use it as multi-region though.

GT_Rince
22-12-03, 17:49
I got an XBOX for Christmas

You already had Christmas? o_O

Babes
22-12-03, 18:04
Originally posted by GT_Rince
You already had Christmas? o_O

I got it given early (Saturday) :)

Benjie
22-12-03, 18:12
The Xbox is an entertainment console. It's fun. You play games on it. What is there to dislike about it?

22-12-03, 18:41
I got an XBox earlier this year just to play Halo.

Since I'm getting fed up of endlessly patching games, upgrading drivers and Windows crashes (as well as hardware upgrades) I promised myself that any future games I bought would be on the XBox unless they werent available on that platform (then I'd either have to fall back to my PC, PS2 or Gamecube) like Firewarrior for example which for some bizzare reason I have on both PC and PS2 (and to date have played on neither)

Having said that since I spend most of my time playing my online subscription games on the PC its rare that I actually play my XBox, however thats still more likely than me playing another game on my PC (because in my mind I ought to be playing the online games I'm paying for....)

SeXy Happy
22-12-03, 19:10
I am a xbox live junky. If anyone gets Live and wants to add my Gamertag its SeXyHappy. Can't remember if there is a space in there or not. But I am sure if there is a space, you can try it both ways and it will give you an error if its not there. Cause I am pretty sure there is probably not another person who has tried that gamertag.

Anyhow, if you want to play add me. I play

RB63
Counterstrike
Crimson Skies
Have Mechassault and Unreal Championship and Ghost Recon but don't play that much on those games, but do have them. Might have more but off the top of my head I think that is all the live games I have.

Pwnage
22-12-03, 19:50
I got an XBOX for Christmas .....As i Play Neocron and EVE-Online most of the time I thought id surf the Net and find a use for it.

Why in the fucking hell would you go buy an XBOX, spend the time and money to get linux to work on it, and then not even have a normal fucking computer or something to play games on?

The idea of running linux on the Xbox is just so fucking retarded.

Edit: I'm not flaming you, or anyone here, it's just the retards who go ahead and do such things.

Mumblyfish
22-12-03, 20:57
^ Agreed.

Personally, my XBOX has been hooked up to the TV since day 1, and was barely touched until Knights of the Old Republic came about. Crimson Skies is nice too, but Live! is populated by cocks. I mean 100% pure, unadulterated cock, ladies and gents. Such a nice service, ruined by kiddies who got the 'Box because it's "THE COOL CONSOLE WITH THE BEST GRAPHICS BLING BLING MOTHERFUCKER".

That said, gets more playtime than my PS2...

g0rt
22-12-03, 21:26
whats the point of a consol system if u cant play gran tourismo

its the only consol game worth playing atm

RuButt
22-12-03, 21:28
Originally posted by Benjie
The Xbox is an entertainment console. It's fun. You play games on it. What is there to dislike about it?

thats the best thing ive heard in a long time.....hahaha =)

now the PS / xbox fanbois r gunna bash u!!!! =O

g0rt
22-12-03, 21:31
Originally posted by Pwnage
Why in the fucking hell would you go buy an XBOX, spend the time and money to get linux to work on it, and then not even have a normal fucking computer or something to play games on?

Edit: I'm not flaming you, or anyone here, it's just the retards who go ahead and do such things.

People do these things because thats what they have fun with. I have fun playing Neocron. Some people don't. Some people have fun with this kinda crap, I personally know 2 people who would love to turn a ps2 or xbox into a linux box. Why? Just to do it, and play around with it. To them, its like playing a game.

Whats the point of leveling a character in Neocron? Do you benefit from it at all, or is it of any real USE to you? No, you just do it for fun. Same reason applies here.

Calling them retards is kinda shallow IMO. What if they called all of us retards for spending hours and hours leveling virtual chars hahaha.

Cyphor
22-12-03, 22:27
Originally posted by g0rt
whats the point of a consol system if u cant play gran tourismo

its the only consol game worth playing atm

Project gotham racing 2 > Gran Turismo :p

SeXy Happy
22-12-03, 22:31
Counterstrike on Xbox>ALL

Mucho mucho fun....for a old game....much better on a couch though;)

Omnituens
22-12-03, 22:47
Originally posted by Benjie

1) its made by Microsoft, the company that brought you WinME and XP
2) it fucking HUGE
3) it has crappy ports
4) it has the least ergonomic pad in existence
5) its made by Microsoft, the company that brought you WinME and XP

Mumblyfish
22-12-03, 22:52
Originally posted by Omnituens
2) it fucking HUGE
3) it has crappy ports

Way to be fucking stupid. How can you hate a product simply because of who made it? And what does "it has crappy ports" mean? The controllers plug into them... yep. They seem to work fine for me.

Only things I'll agree on are it's size and the pad. But the Controller S works alright, and when I can I use my GC>XBOX converter and plug in a Cube controller. Or I use les X-Arcade stick. In fact, what does it's size matter? It's not like it won't fit in any home entertainment systems ever made. Ever.

Sure, I don't like the games on the console. But at least I don't slag it off because M$ SUXORZ!"ERE?

shodanjr_gr
22-12-03, 22:54

WTF are u talking about?? People find challenge in these things. I liked having linux on my dreamcast, and i sure as hell would love to have Linux on my XBOX if i had one that is. Its the excitment you get from doing something extrordinary with a machine. Something that machine was not designed to do.

Its not a retarted idea, its a brilliant idea and it clearly shows the stuff PS2 and XBOX are capable off.

And its not retards that go ahead with these things, its people that have above average IQ (which is needed to do stuff like that).

Life is not all about games you know...

shodanjr_gr
22-12-03, 22:55
Originally posted by Omnituens
2) it fucking HUGE
3) it has crappy ports

1) Your stupid...ME did suck but XP is one of the best and simplest to use OS' to date.
2) It is really :-)
3) I wouldnt say that
4) I wouldnt say that either. Have you used a dreamcast pad?
5) See above.

Mumblyfish
22-12-03, 22:55
That said, an XBOX does make an excellent (and cheap) server :D

{MD}GeistDamnit
23-12-03, 00:45

very cool man ;)

I recently learned about x box game "hacking" and turning your xbox into a pc, I had my xbox since launch and just might try it myself. looks like some fun stuff. Thanks :D

Pwnage
23-12-03, 01:18
Originally posted by shodanjr_gr
WTF are u talking about?? People find challenge in these things. I liked having linux on my dreamcast, and i sure as hell would love to have Linux on my XBOX if i had one that is. Its the excitment you get from doing something extrordinary with a machine. Something that machine was not designed to do.

Its not a retarted idea, its a brilliant idea and it clearly shows the stuff PS2 and XBOX are capable off.

And its not retards that go ahead with these things, its people that have above average IQ (which is needed to do stuff like that).

Life is not all about games you know...

So you buy an Xbox/PS2, designed for playing games.

That's not good enuff, gotta install LUNIX, CUZ LUNIX > me.

So you spend the time and money to do it, and then you completely lose what the machine was built for. Ok fine, you get a server out of it, but for the time and effort you could have slapped together a half decent PC in 10 mins that would do the same thing.

I respect people who are knowlegdable in things like machine code, porting, circuits... etc. I'd like to know things like that too.

What it comes down to is the big waste of time these people are spending on a relateively useless machine.

fuck it, I don't care

Congratulations on your linux Dreamcast.

Mock (http://www.somethingawful.com/articles.php?a=352)

g0rt
23-12-03, 01:30
good day sir

i said good day to you sir

Ogre
23-12-03, 06:26
I dont know why nobody's brought this up, but the main reason i'd never buy an Xbox is .... cause im busy typin this msg out, and readin these forums etc . on an xbox with more options .. thats all xbox is, a pc that only plays games and plugs into yer TV:D

Any of the games that are all hyped on it (Halo) wind up getting ported to yer comp, hell i laughed my ass off the second i saw counterstrike on the shelves fer console , dunno jus seems wrong without it bein a PC to me *heh*

Course i guess it all could be cause im one of those that feels MS windows is a nessasary evil, gotta have it to play mah games :D

edit:spelling

23-12-03, 11:35
The one thing that the XBox has over everything else is.....

Steel Battalion with its fuck off big ass controller

I just pre-ordered the sequal so I guess I better get XBox live now :-)

Babes
23-12-03, 12:22

WOW you can feel the Tension ...Linux rape in a former life ??

Here is a good Reason why to run Linux on an XBOX

An XBOX is a PC in disguise it has

a 10/100 Network Card
Game controller ports are actually USB Ports 4 of them
8-10 GB Harddrive
Celeron processor
64MB of memory.

And Retails at £129.99 each. a Very Cheap PC (Microsoft Sell them under manufaturing cost because they THINK they can get a return on cash you pay for games)

Linux is FREE and can be Clustered.

Now Take 8 XBOXS and install Linux on them and create a Computational Cluster (technically a ‘Supercomputer’)

Total Cost £1039.92

Show me a PC that could out perform a 8 x Celeron Parallel Computer for 1k

Personally I would to run Seti@home on it if it works :)

NOW THAT TO ME IS FUN.. Better that aggie missions anytime of the week

shodanjr_gr
23-12-03, 14:12
WOW you can feel the Tension ...Linux rape in a former life ??

Here is a good Reason why to run Linux on an XBOX

An XBOX is a PC in disguise it has

a 10/100 Network Card
Game controller ports are actually USB Ports 4 of them
8-10 GB Harddrive
Celeron processor
64MB of memory.

And Retails at £129.99 each. a Very Cheap PC (Microsoft Sell them under manufaturing cost because they THINK they can get a return on cash you pay for games)

Linux is FREE and can be Clustered.

Now Take 8 XBOXS and install Linux on them and create a Computational Cluster (technically a ‘Supercomputer’)

Total Cost £1039.92

Show me a PC that could out perform a 8 x Celeron Parallel Computer for 1k

Personally I would to run Seti@home on it if it works :)

NOW THAT TO ME IS FUN.. Better that aggie missions anytime of the week

What he said.
Actually i am considering buying an X-BOX atm just for the hell of it.

Cyphor
23-12-03, 15:50
Originally posted by Ogre
I dont know why nobody's brought this up, but the main reason i'd never buy an Xbox is .... cause im busy typin this msg out, and readin these forums etc . on an xbox with more options .. thats all xbox is, a pc that only plays games and plugs into yer TV:D

Any of the games that are all hyped on it (Halo) wind up getting ported to yer comp, hell i laughed my ass off the second i saw counterstrike on the shelves fer console , dunno jus seems wrong without it bein a PC to me *heh*

Course i guess it all could be cause im one of those that feels MS windows is a nessasary evil, gotta have it to play mah games :D

edit:spelling

Imo an xbox is cheaper, and you don't have to worry about incompatability probs, or dieing due to lag etc online, as everyone is running the same system they can tweak it to give almost perfect performance. Its a good way to see new games in all their glory without forking out for a top of the range pc.

Yes some games don't feel right on a consol, however there are alot more games that dont feel right on a pc, beat-em-ups for example (soul calibur 2), or arcade gun games (house of the dead 3), racing games(project gotham 2), arcade shooters(clone wars) and most sports games. Alot of them will prob come out/are out on the pc but they dont feel as good on it, the same way most fps and rpgs dont feel right on a consol.

Edit: oh and xbox did get halo about 2 years before the pc, the same will prob happen with halo 2, so imo its probebly microsofts marketing that decided a pc release would be good to get people hooked on the series so that when halo 2 is released alot of people will buy an xbox for it (especially since the price will prob drop to about £100 by then (retails at 129.99 atm).

Opar
23-12-03, 16:48
Originally posted by 5150
I got an XBox earlier this year just to play Halo

PC HALO > XBOX HALO!

23-12-03, 17:00
Originally posted by Opar
PC HALO > XBOX HALO!

YEAH BUT WHO HAS TO PATCH!!!!!!1111KOSOMFG!!!1111

SeXy Happy
23-12-03, 17:15
Originally posted by Opar
PC HALO > XBOX HALO!

No way, anyone who has ever lan partied halo on the box knows how much fun it is. Much better atmosphere of laning. Of course I am biased because I went to competitions for Halo on the box. But gaming on Live is awesome, mainly because of the fact that while most people have to download ventrilo or teamspeak to be able to talk to their teams on the games on computers, Live everyone has mics. You are playing and 95 percent of the people have their mic on and are using it.

Strategy rocks much more when you are able to physically talk to your teammates, and you know that you will be able to without haveing to say "Hey joo nub go download (insert program here)."

Just a lot better on the gameplay.

Anyone who says that CS on xbox blows, or that Halo is better on PC, just is saying that because they dont have the coordination to be able to play an FPS on a controller. I was one of them, as I loathed controllers and consoles, but for some reason it just works on the xbox. Just takes some time to get used to it. Don't be a slave to your keyboard and mouse.

Babes
23-12-03, 17:15
Originally posted by 5150
YEAH BUT WHO HAS TO PATCH!!!!!!1111KOSOMFG!!!1111

The Xbox Patches over xbox live ...just my 2 pennth

SeXy Happy
23-12-03, 17:25
No patches for Halo on live.....cause Halo isnt live.....but yeah there are other games that get patches.