PDA

View Full Version : Clan Logo!

Clownst0pper
22-12-03, 14:59
New Idea, sure you will all love it.

Each faction has a range of Logo's, maybe hundreds.

The clan then has the ability to choose one of these Logo's to add to there clan name.

This logo can be anything from a picture of an eye, to a dragon around a knife (if you are black dragon)

When your clan has chosen the logo it is projected onto your OP wall where it says the OP name, as well as you have the ability to place it anywhere on your Power Armour at the clothes changer.

Would be a nice little way to personalise your armour and clan image.

You could also make the logo appear at the entrance to your clan apt :D

Would rock :cool:

22-12-03, 15:01
Yeah but it will take a LONG time to make all those pictures.

greploco
22-12-03, 15:08
very nifty idea, and probably not too hard to code or handle,

a submitable logo - or even one thta could be created ingame through citycom. 256 color paint programs are uber simple and small 256 color graphics are also easy to handle

they could toss the logo up on clan apartment doors, on ops that are captured, etc.

extremely nice touch

Matthew.v.smith
22-12-03, 15:24
Nice idea.

Shame about the Clan.

Matty:angel:

Zanathos
22-12-03, 15:29
Heh heh, I suggested this idea already to the dev director and MJS.

:D

Matthew.v.smith
22-12-03, 15:30
What did he say?

Matty:angel:

Clownst0pper
22-12-03, 15:58
Oh well, didnt know m8, but it would be wicked, and wouldnt take 2 minutes for some good 2d artists to make them..

Could hire the same bloke who did the new PPU/APU spell icons.

Falcon is it?

:angel:

Stigmata
22-12-03, 16:21
maarten u mean and his avatar is an eagle

*uneducated mutter mutters*

Clownst0pper
22-12-03, 16:33
maarten u mean and his avatar is an eagle

*uneducated mutter mutters*

LOL im so sorry :p it was one of those tip of the tongue things, was driving me mental so I just wrote it. Sorry maarten! :D

Style
22-12-03, 20:38
i reckon tsunami, black dragon and anarchy breed should be able to do tags on certain walals... to signify turf around plaices like pp, outzone, industrial certain plaices in plaza where city admin runners can clean it off etc

Vampire222
22-12-03, 21:09
also, make display optional, and an option in the terms to download all clan logos to your local disk... im sure it wouldnt be a prob storing em on the servers

FuzzyDuck
22-12-03, 22:41
Neocron DESPERATELY needs something to make your personal avatar a bit more personal.

CarniFlex
23-12-03, 13:21
when i played lineagethebloodpledge they had the possibility to upload your clan picture in a 8x8bit format, small as hell but still very personal and it helped alot when youre fighting in sieges. and it was next to your name. Should be to hard to let clans have a common symbol under their name before the clan name.

Selendor
23-12-03, 13:26
One issue with this is that they would have to ok each image submitted, to make sure it wasn't offensive to other groups of people etc. Also, clans change a lot so putting it in the patch every month wouldn't work. They'd have to have a different source. I suppose you could add it to that Neocron Pro add on or something.

Thane
23-12-03, 14:02
New Idea, sure you will all love it.

actually this idea came up in beta allready :) so it's not really new.

prob those days (according to RM) was that this would take too much bandwith, or sth like it..

anyway, asi thought those days, and as i still do:
a) it works for daoc :)
b) how the hell can a lil 8bit b/w decal take up soooo much BW? ;)