PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Users of One Appt

Tickles
22-12-03, 11:44
Yes its back. You all want to share ur appts with ur friends, but dont want to have to leave ur old clan to do it. You may want to share ur chars main appt with an alt.
The only way this is possible is through clan appts and that sucks.
Who else agrees that there should be a list of ppl u can add to the Appt key who have rights to the appt. The only thing they can't do is pass on ownership or add other char to the list. Only the owner should do that.

This really needs adding and i dont know why it hasn't been included before. And YES i know this has come up loads of times before but unless the flag is raised enough, nothing will get done bout it.

Plz vote yes a five stars!

thx alot
Tick

Beanie McChimp
22-12-03, 14:19
Hell yeah. Five stars.

Xizor
22-12-03, 14:29
Yup 5 stars.

Q`alooaith
22-12-03, 14:30
I agree that people should be able to share an apt, but not alt and a main sharing an apt. So I must say No.

ElfinLord
22-12-03, 14:48
I think it's a great idea.

Q, why shouldn't a main and an alt share the same apt?

Q`alooaith
22-12-03, 14:54
It encorage's twinking, which I don't like, each of your char's should be able to stand on their own without being a leach on the other's, if you want to twink form a clan, and the only reason a main and alt need to share and apt is to twink..

I don't mind two account's sharing an apt, but not Main and alt from same.

ElfinLord
22-12-03, 15:01
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
It encorage's twinking, which I don't like, each of your char's should be able to stand on their own without being a leach on the other's, if you want to twink form a clan, and the only reason a main and alt need to share and apt is to twink..

I agree with that logic.

I have two accounts myself, but all my chars have and use their own apartments. Sure some of my chars store stuff for other chars, but it's in the spirit of friendship. For example, if, on Saturn, ElfGod is out hunting and finds some stuff that he thinks Doctor Ruth might need, he'll keep it in his apartment until he has a chance to give it to her. Other than that none of my chars 'share' their apartments with another.

A friend of mine once killed himself in my MB apartment just so he could leave his backpack there when we were building stuff. :)

Strych9
22-12-03, 16:09
I think the advantages of this far override the chance that twinking is made any easier. Its VERY easy to twink in this game- but its impossible to share an apt with friends not in the same clan. So what if twinking is made easier? Most alts end up in the same clan anyway.

The biggest benefit of this is that it would remove the one big thing stopping people that dont want to fight from using the LE.

Leebzie
22-12-03, 16:36
Also with vast clan storage , it may be useful to give certain members access to certain storage apts.

retr0n
22-12-03, 16:44
i am all for this idea, i mean for those people that want to share
cash/items with their alts they can do so anyway, just get a friend
and transfer the stuff... unless this friend(s) is/are offline atm
wich happends to me alot since we are not in the same timezone

most people nowdays like to ress their own stuff, simply because
90% of the ressers exchange some of the good parts for crappy
melee parts... so this would help those people alot (including me)
so i'm all for it

and ufcourse, as with any idea, there are cons and pros, but with
this idea, the cons are not that huge

//Radium

John McMullet
22-12-03, 17:04
w0rd !

naimex
22-12-03, 20:18
another thread getting ignored on this subject..
another thread getting HELL YA and 5 stars.

Carinth
22-12-03, 20:29
There are a bazillion little things like this, which make you go duh! It seems pretty obvious to any player that apts should allow access to multiple people. You should be able to drag more then one item out of a cab/gogo/etc. Moving between apartments should not be so ridiculous. You should be able to delete threads from your ingame clan forum, or at least see beyond page 5.. There should be more variation in clan ranks, limiting us to 17 or however many there are is silly. Clothing changes should stick. I'm sure you can think of many others. Little things that prolly aren't big enough to warrant kk's attention, but really make the game feel unfinished.

Tickles
23-12-03, 21:37
Originally posted by Carinth
There are a bazillion little things like this, which make you go duh! It seems pretty obvious to any player that apts should allow access to multiple people. You should be able to drag more then one item out of a cab/gogo/etc. Moving between apartments should not be so ridiculous. You should be able to delete threads from your ingame clan forum, or at least see beyond page 5.. There should be more variation in clan ranks, limiting us to 17 or however many there are is silly. Clothing changes should stick. I'm sure you can think of many others. Little things that prolly aren't big enough to warrant kk's attention, but really make the game feel unfinished.

Yeah there are. I was also wondering bout only being able to have one mission goign at a time. In DAoC, Earth and Beyond, and Star Wars Galaxies, u could have multiple missions going, and it made lvling alot easier. I know jst because these games have it, NC should too, but wats the harm?
Exploiting? Not rreally wats to exploit unless theres a bug letting u have like 20 missions at a time. I was thinking just 3 or so.
Missions are only really useful at the low lvls for lvling, and used alot for getting symp and SI up but having multiple missions gets rid of the boring trips back and forth. Whats wrong with geting rid of this?

Crashtec
23-12-03, 21:44
Originally posted by Q`alooaith

I understand your opinion but I enjoy having more than one character and RPing them as individuals. In their roles they can help each other out and they should be able to work together. Sharing an apartment would be great.

Jest
23-12-03, 21:54
Yes :)

Personally I think all your characters on one account should automatically get access to every apartment you own. :eek: But then again I play on a 1 char server so what do I care? :p

Vampire222
23-12-03, 22:49
i voted no... i did... i did.... oh well, i voted yes, who voted no :P