PDA

View Full Version : **Message to all those who use ZoneAlarm**

garyu69
22-12-03, 11:37
Most probably already know but for those who don't, ZoneAlarm has just had a new update this weekend and which now allows play in Full Screen Mode

Yay!

Feels so different playing full screen mode again.

FatDogg
22-12-03, 11:38
I've had zone alarm for a looooong time and always played in fullsreen mode... o_O

garyu69
22-12-03, 12:18
hmmm, the last update stopped it working in full screen mode for me. :confused:

Patso
22-12-03, 12:29
The update must have been released late yesterday as I haven't got it yet, but it is about time Zonealarm was fixed. I can now turn off the MS one!

Thanks for the info!

Omnituens
22-12-03, 12:53
i cant update my version, says i need to reregister

bloody monopolising companies

22-12-03, 14:22
Originally posted by Omnituens
i cant update my version, says i need to reregister

bloody monopolising companies

Steal a key.

Ormy
22-12-03, 14:28
Originally posted by FatDogg
I've had zone alarm for a looooong time and always played in fullsreen mode... o_O

Same here man, rofl :wtf:

ElfinLord
22-12-03, 14:32
Originally posted by #151988
Steal a key.
Why not just pay for it?

greploco
22-12-03, 14:40
the update before the latest one flockerd up playing several online games in full screen mode or even playing them at all. this was not just neocron. there was even recognition from neocron devs on this fact and that people had contacted zonealarm and the zonealarm people were working on it

if you are like me - I don't have the autoupdate feature turned on, so I never experienced this. I just read about it

but apparantly it is better now though, cool

as for keystealling -- ZA is one of those things that people should pay for I think. but that's just my opinion

garyu69
22-12-03, 15:29
If i was going to use ZoneAlarm Pro then i would pay for it. But as i have no need for anything other than the actual Firewall then i have no need to go Pro.

Archeus
22-12-03, 15:56
Originally posted by #151988
Steal a key.

I've got 5 keys. One of them got stolen one time (at a lan party) and when it was used it deactivates the other Zone Alarm, so it was a simple matter going into the ZAP account and just setting back to my machine (and permantly disabling it on the other machine).

But as i have no need for anything other than the actual Firewall then i have no need to go Pro.

There is a world of difference in what Pro can do and what the (lame imho) freebie ZA does. Certainly Pro is worth the money.

The only thing that worries me is recently Zonelabs was bought out by another company.

ElfinLord
22-12-03, 15:59
IMO, if your worried enough about your system to bother with a firewall of any type then it should be worth it to you to spend money on it. ;)