PDA

View Full Version : What Cahr would you be in neptune?

VetteroX
22-12-03, 07:45
Ok, lets assume DoY comes out soon, does well. They make neptune, first day servers up, what type of char will you be? Now, I know omeof us, like me, have more then one account, but we are gonna have to pick one char to start with an concentrate on. Personaly, Im kinda torn.

PE: My favorite overall char and one I have most experience with.
Pros: can play perfectly well alone weather its pking or tech hunting or leveling. lots of different rares can be used as a main weapon, so you wont be compeating with the whole server for your rare. also some shop bought alternatives like blacksun.

Cons: almost useless for MC5, (important to me) and not as effective as tanks or apus when teamed with a ppu, for pking or part gathering. Im also afraid due o whining, pes will get a downgrade in DoY, or stay the same and tanks (and mayber others) will get an upgrade.

Tank:
Pro: great for farming mc5, great teamed with PPU, can level really fast with aoe, I belive they will get a upgrade in doy and we may have tankocron again...
Cons: not as good as pe when alone, not good for solo pking, cant hack or poke, or use any useful psi powers that will be veryuseful in neptune like 52/min heal, db, shelter, para ball.

Monk PPU
Pro: Will be a huge benafit to allies and crushing on enemies, especially early on in neptune.
Con: cant do any fighting on your own.

Monk APU:
Pro: owns with PPU, all the benafits of that pvp and pvm.
Cons: no safe zones... les, you better have someone with you at all times or you will be the fav target of every other class on the server when alone.

I dont think hybreds are really viable early on... would suk without psi core, ds, kami etc.

Spy:
Pro: when capped, can be very good fighter, and welll as do 1-2 trade skills. Will be able to make a lot of money tradeskilling, which early on will be worth something.
Con: weak as hell before they are near capped and have sf, pp, moveon etc.

So thats whats going through my head in deciding what to be for neptune. Probably as things are now, I would go for pe. Need to be able to hunt and pk alone. However id have to try and cap him asap, then make a tank/apu on second account for mc5 and killing with a ppu. Also, like I mentioned before, Im kinda concerned they will make it so with 2 people of equal skill, a PE will have no chance of beating a tank in a strait fight, and if theres also no belt hacking, a PE would have no point to me. However, im kinda tempted to be a constructor/fighting spy... a challenge and Id have a constant sourse of income.

What do you think you will go with?

g0rt
22-12-03, 07:49
Most likely a hacking pistol pe, unless hacking isn't needed then ill go tank.

Either way im gonna have a ppu stuck up my ass the entire time on that server, as will almost everyone else. its gonna basically be a requirement lol

Psycho Killa
22-12-03, 07:55
I have a special breed of pe I plan on being for neptune ;)

VetteroX
22-12-03, 07:58
I wont, none of the people I play with wanna be the ppu :(

g0rt
22-12-03, 07:59
Originally posted by VetteroX
I wont, none of the people I play with wanna be the ppu :(

Understandable

Psycho Killa
22-12-03, 08:00
Thats because being a ppu all the time sucks ass. Wont have time or the energy really to level two characters. Not to mention with the exception of MC5 you dont need a ppu. Not that I have to kill someone every 2 seconds but knowing that is basicaly impossible to ever kill someone in this game makes me want to shoot myself irl.

Only thing tempting about being a ppu is I know im good at it and I know others see that I am and I could have a chance at mustering up support to lead or colead a clan. Since who wants to listen to a pe :p.

VetteroX
22-12-03, 08:04
hmmpphh... maybe Ill make a ppu on a second account, as long as a lot of pain and suffering and killing is caused through it ill be happy.

Spoon
Well if I'm still around, I'd be a APU that pokes......

My first choice would have been a Hacker Rifle Spy(made a few of those), but I don't think there's going to be much to Hack on Neptune, except for OP's.........:rolleyes:

nonamebrandeggs
Hybrid monk :D. I wanna taste some of the power instead of 4 bursts from CS ;) ;).

Psycho Killa
22-12-03, 08:10
Spoon I beleive you will have something to hack since they said hacknet will be released with doy or soon after in a patch. I doubt you will see neptune much sooner then a month after doy unless theres a mad rush to play in the first month.

I dont see why your bent on having a ppu vet. Im sure you will meet ppus on neptune of your faction and clanmates... there will always be atleast a few ppus.

nonamebrandeggs
22-12-03, 08:20
PK you sure they said that!? I thought Hacknet was the long forgotten thingy...

Drake6k
22-12-03, 09:17
I'm bringing back Jack Drake the pistol/hacker PE when neptune is out.

GIVE US NEPTUNE NOW

Psycho_Soldier
22-12-03, 10:01
I would be a tank because its not that bad for fighting, no major buffs required for solo like a PE requires. I think it would be pretty easy to catch a PE off guard without buffs so it would be a pain in the ass to be buffing all the time as a PE... at least for me it would be.

Parappa
22-12-03, 10:08
Tradeskiller spy... maybe a constructor. And if I can talk my friends to it we'll make a tradeskill cartel.
Roll in the money.. oh yeah oh yeaaah.

Archeus
22-12-03, 10:50
Trades skiller as well

Divide
22-12-03, 10:53
Ill reincarnate Divide there, if I choose to hop servers.

solling
22-12-03, 10:56
tank i think or pe dunno my 2 favorite classes

g0rt
22-12-03, 11:15
Originally posted by Divide
Ill reincarnate Divide there, if I choose to hop servers.

its all about balance ;)

i bet alot of people are gonna play neptune but not move COMPLETELY to it

Stigmata
22-12-03, 11:19
i'd probably make a PE, there quick to level and relitively easy to setup, only downside is the MC5 thing.

CarniFlex
22-12-03, 12:16
ill probably make a rifle spy and hack any op that divide n co tries to take... just to bring back that ol' good feeling of ninja's :p

Sundiver
22-12-03, 13:09
Either spy or tank. I created (yet) another account yesterday, a tank, got to STR 30 and called it a day. They are so easy to level, it's ridiculous (have had tanks before). I love the brute force approach, as I have to think differently when playing as a spy. I love both those classes. Have a PPU account too, but am not much into it, at least not yet.

So, spy or tank. I love spies for the way you can actually be a fighter AND tradeskiller, so many possibilities, and I love the tanks for their power.

Candaman
22-12-03, 13:11
HC PE

Shadow Dancer
22-12-03, 13:12
APU

Style
22-12-03, 13:20
PE who pokes...

Oath
22-12-03, 13:22
Probably.........

I dunno, im bored with all classes.......

Probably.......a spy, of some sort.

Deicide
22-12-03, 14:15
Sniper spy....

just Sniper spy :>

Clownst0pper
22-12-03, 14:54
Hybrid.

deac
22-12-03, 15:01
tank or ppu

ezza
22-12-03, 15:20
id proberbly either go tank or proberbly PE

L0KI
22-12-03, 15:23
I'd be Rabbi Fang. RoLH PE - no tradeskill, pure PvP

On my second account, i'd go APU/PPU, depending on what my m8s go for.

ElfinLord
22-12-03, 15:24
My first char would be APU or Tank.

My second char, from second account, PPU or tradeskiller.

Matthew.v.smith
22-12-03, 15:27
Definitly tank!

Rank xx/52 in 1 weeks power lvling :)

And bloody fun it was too !! also easy to set up and not much hassel choosing Resists because of the 100 cons cap.

If i made 1 i would have the exact same stats as the one i made 6 weeks ago :)

he's soo hard he killed a rank 70 tank at 56.

Matty.:angel:

Oh and yesterday i gave the ub3r tank SaCrY a run for his money in the NF arena hehe damn fun he killed me every time but i still managed to get him to like 10 hp every time (except 1 crap attempt)

im 59 he's 68.

Strych9
22-12-03, 16:01
Droner spy to stop tradeskillers from doing their business in publically accessible places.

ElfinLord
22-12-03, 16:02
Originally posted by Strych9
Droner spy to stop tradeskillers from doing their business in publically accessible places.
Until you need one yourself. :p :D

shodanjr_gr
22-12-03, 16:04
Ill do a hacking APU :-)

Morris
22-12-03, 16:18
I'd probably make a rifle PE on Neptune. Spy is still my favorite class, but I've already got one :D

Unless my clan moves over to Neptune I'll probably still spend most of my time on Saturn, so I want a char that can be self-sufficient and PE fits the bill.

Strych9
22-12-03, 16:21
Originally posted by ElfinLord
Until you need one yourself. :p :D Hehe. Well I could do my own constructing no problem. :)

But overall, if done well, you could probably get by for quite some time without anyone knowing who is doing the droning, esp. in any of the Via/Plaza sectors. Soooo many places to hide. :)

I wonder what happens to a construction process when the builder is killed by a kami drone?

And besides, even if I dont pwn everyone on the server, it will still be fun scaring people when a kami drone appears on the local... ;)

deac
22-12-03, 16:24
hmm yea droner would rock but then you would have to have a ress buddy.... or else life would be hell....

and omg maybe a melee tank because of easier to get rares?

but apu and pes dont need rares...

J. Folsom
22-12-03, 16:29
I'll see once it's that time... But as I said in another topic on the matter, I'm considering a tradeskill PE. Sure he wouldn't be as effective in combat as normal PE's, nor would he be as good at tradeskills as a spy. But he'd be somewhat in between, which should work pretty nicely.

Remind me that the first time I see Strych9 there that I should start work on building a 5-slot deflector :P

fatwreck
22-12-03, 16:35
tank. its the most fun solo class imo, and i pretty much only solo now. im never making another monk...

Nish
22-12-03, 16:36
Rifle PE to cap fast and kill everyone, then when the other classes get high a tank to kill everyone who survived.

And both with completely random names so I wouldn't have to feel guilty about killing old friends (includes you vet :p).

LTA
22-12-03, 16:37
HC Tank or pistol spy

Tank - Plasma Waves, Flamers, TPC Lotsa nat resist, dosen't have much dependence on people and has a good set of non rares for early killage

Pistol spy...

Blacksun for starters, Const or Res, Stealth 2, lotsa dex...

zAo
22-12-03, 18:29
ill probably end up being a ppu for my friends to have one...
but ill also hack so that when you get jumped by our gang we can gank ur shit too, unless there arent quickbelts in which case ill probably research........ only because i dont trust anyone with my rares

ServeX
22-12-03, 18:34
im a tank for life

numb
22-12-03, 18:39
Tank or rifle spy. Probably both, i got 2 accounts ;)

ezza
22-12-03, 18:43
bahh your all lying you know you will all be making monkeys so you can gank people real quick with your ppu butt buddies:p

Cruzbroker
23-12-03, 02:08
Some weird PE/spy with hack/poke/cst or Tank.. MONKS SUCK! :D

Mr_Snow
23-12-03, 02:54
Pistol spy probably constructor.

Keiron
23-12-03, 04:13
Some sort of tradeskill+Rifle Spy. Prolly barter.