PDA

View Full Version : OT: How does voice communication work?

NeoChick
22-12-03, 01:17
I read about voice communication and would like to get it.

But..... how does it actually work.
Does it work for NC
How are you able to talk to ppl, doesnt everybody have to have it in order for it to work? How do you know if somebody has it or not?
How do you prevent a whole heap of ppl talking to you on the voice thing at once?

And last but not least, is there a really good one on the market?

Ascension
22-12-03, 01:21
VOice Comms Are Simple.. They are Usually i Client Program That connects to a server.. anyone who has The client ** say from your clan can connect to the provided server ** if they have the Ip & P/w

Once you have a Server Ip and pass you can then hand it out to the People you wish to give it to..

There are many different Clients the best i have seen is ventrilo.

** available @ www.ventrilo.com

Feel free to ask more questions:)

Psycho_Soldier
22-12-03, 01:21
Get 2 plastic cups and some long string. Connect the bottom of the 2 cups with the string then talk into the cups. There you go!

Ascension
22-12-03, 01:23
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier
Get 2 plastic cups and some long string. Connect the bottom of the 2 cups with the string then talk into the cups. There you go!

Lol Mighty Big string :p man No good in Op wars ffs and what if a car runs over it :( :lol:

Opar
22-12-03, 11:32
Teamspeak is a good one ^^

Oh well.

Hum dee dum

*walks off*

garyu69
22-12-03, 11:41
Our clan currently is using www.ventrilo.com
We were using Teamspeak before and both are good. Ventrilo is quite cool with its Text-to-Speech ability.

Clownst0pper
22-12-03, 12:34
The Cartel (my current clan) uses team speak.

www.teamspeak.com

Works really well, saves typing and is a life saver in OP wars.

Just make sure when you want to talk you assign a key close to your movement ones :)

Its far better than typing :p

garyu69
22-12-03, 13:43
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Just make sure when you want to talk you assign a key close to your movement ones :) Or if you want it to be entertaining, leave it so that it only transmits when you talk a certain loudness.
:o
I did that by accident and started eating Nuts, wasn't until someone said what the hell is that crunching that i realised that i was sending out my crunching sounds to all.

Barak
22-12-03, 14:09
if your going to run a VoIP program that uses direct input make sure to disable it in the setup menu's if left on it will crash NC to the desktop..

Keyol45743241
22-12-03, 15:34
Can I run ventrillo or teamspeak on my machine as a server while playing NC? Or do I need a dedicated server? Can a DSL Line (128 up/768 down) handle the combined load?

Barak
22-12-03, 23:53
Originally posted by Keyol45743241
Can I run ventrillo or teamspeak on my machine as a server while playing NC? Or do I need a dedicated server? Can a DSL Line (128 up/768 down) handle the combined load?

Yeah, sould be able to do that without too much problem but if its not a static IP then it can get rather annoying with giving out IPs over and over again.

will need both the client and server files setup and running ofcourse.