PDA

View Full Version : Event Announcement: Christmas Event 12-23-03

Callash
21-12-03, 23:32
I am happy to announce that a special Christmas Event is planned.

On Tuesday, the 23rd, a wanted criminal will be on the run in the Wastelands. CityAdmin declares him as free-to-kill and offers a nice reward for his Dogtags: In Cooperation with Tangent Technologies, they are able to offer the necessary parts for a Special Weapon: A Rare Shotgun, the Terminator.

OOC: The Event will run for multiple hours on all Servers. You will need 3 Dogtags of the Criminal(s) to get the Terminator Parts. Since the Strange Book drop is still not as intended, I decided to give at least some Terminators out already.

NOTE: The Criminals will be played by Thanatos and Odin, so it will be your chance to get revenge for those 100K you got for your missing GoGu full of rares or the last Forum Ban :D

More information will follow shortly before the Event starts. We will also do an Admin Message on each server when the Event starts.

Jesterthegreat
21-12-03, 23:35
what can i say except sweet?

NOTE: The Criminals will be played by Thanatos and Odin, so it will be your chance to get revenge for those 100K you got for your missing GoGu full of rares or the last Forum Ban

hahaha

21-12-03, 23:39
Will they fight back?

Clive tombstone
21-12-03, 23:39
Ohh this is gonna be sweet. I cant wait to get Odin in my PE's sights BTW, what the heck is the Reqs on that dang Terminator anywho?

\\Fényx//
21-12-03, 23:50
Originally posted by Callash
NOTE: The Criminals will be played by Thanatos and Odin, so it will be your chance to get revenge for those 100K you got for your missing GoGu full of rares or the last Forum Ban :D

oh ill make sure ill get odin, that would be THE sweetest thing ever, in the name of Ri**y

nonamebrandeggs
22-12-03, 00:12
I call Odin :D. Sweet idea for an event, get to kill those nasty storm bots :D.

PS: Sigmahex will be seeing you Odin ;)...

Nvidia
22-12-03, 00:29
Very Nice Callash :D Bout time a Terminator hit the playing field.

Will be interesting to hear about the results, to say the least ;)

Mumblyfish
22-12-03, 00:30
FUCK!

MY HEART!

Shadow Dancer
22-12-03, 00:45
OH MY GOD THIS IS SO EXCITING! BYE ODIN!

Spikadelia
22-12-03, 01:04
I'll remember to wave from the floor as a happy cold meatbag.........

Damn droner broken promises (mutters and wanders off) ;)

Good luck y'all :cool:

[TgR]KILLER
22-12-03, 01:18
OMG and i just lommed from pure combat to pure WB hunting.. meens NO Pain Easer just a TT epic laser and hacking lol.. a well gonna get chicky to drive around and slash them with my sword ^^

Shadow Dancer
22-12-03, 01:19
Originally posted by [TgR]KILLER
OMG and i just lommed from pure combat to pure WB hunting.. meens NO Pain Easer just a TT epic laser and hacking lol.. a well gonna get chicky to drive around and slash them with my sword ^^

I no. I just lommed away from my uber overpowered hybrid setup. Would have been a cakewalk. :p

Keiron
22-12-03, 01:32
Hrm, going to have to find a nice sniping perch. It'll be like shooting skeet, I just hope it's in the afternoon for me, I won't be home untill 15:30'ish (-5 GMT) on Tues.

MrBane
22-12-03, 01:37
NeMa will hopefully be on hand to do a Live Report, including TV Broadcast, all going smoothly, so make sure you look good for the camera!

Ryuben
22-12-03, 02:26
lol Thanatos is going to be walking about with people spaming him where is Odin to kill

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Furion
22-12-03, 02:27
the 23rd is my Birthday, i better find one of u guys :D

MkVenner
22-12-03, 02:35
No fair i gotta work....oh well hope i have enuff time when i get home...

jernau
22-12-03, 02:53
Love it. :D

RayBob
22-12-03, 02:56
This is so cool. You guys need to do stuff like this more often.

VictorKruger
22-12-03, 04:28
Will Anti-city factions be able to participate in this event?

Cruzbroker
22-12-03, 04:56
Callash is up late (oh well, so am I, 4:36 AM here) :p

Nice indeed, I wonder does selliing thanatos or odins dogtag make me rich.. not that I have one, but if I get one (you need 3)...

Odin
22-12-03, 05:12
Originally posted by #151988
Will they fight back?

Yup. Probably not too badly. Although that will be my last day in a stretch of 12 straight working days :) So who know if bloodthirst will take over ;)

Actually can't make it too much of a challenge since Callash is sticking the marker at 3 dogtags (bit much don't cha think?) and I'll be in various zones.

Originally posted by VictorKruger
Will Anti-city factions be able to participate in this event?

Yup everytime I die I'll be in a new zone so I'll probably be all over the map.

Shadow Dancer
22-12-03, 05:13
3 dogtags PERIOD?

Or 3 of one criminal?

Can it be like 2 Odin, 1 thanatos, or does it have to be 3 odin or 3 thanatos?

And do I get a prize for 12 odin dog tags? :p

Odin
22-12-03, 05:19
Have to ask Callash that. He still needs to mail me some details :)

Darken
22-12-03, 05:39
Odin could u or Callash tell when about its starting i probably wont be all the time online to see the Admin msg so just a roughly time ?:)
pleasseeee :angel:

thx
Odin u better run fast:p
Hybrid on hover is coming :lol:

StrongSad
22-12-03, 06:17
Will their names in-game be Thanatos and Odin? Or are aliases planned that we have to figure out for ourselves?

Also, will the criminals fight back? Sounds dumb yes, but will I be cool with just running around alone...or should I cram a couple dozen PPUs where the sun dont shine before going into the wastelands?

Thanks

naimex
22-12-03, 06:17
I call discrimination !!!

Everyone is going for Odin..

Hell I might just go for Thanatos.. easier to get 3 dog tags of him when everyone else is trying to get Odins =P

psst, Thanatos if ur out there, we can cut a deal right, just gimme 3 tags, and I promise I won´t sex your drom pet when you´re gone :p ;) :p

Odin
22-12-03, 06:22
Originally posted by naimex
Everyone is going for Odin..
[/SIZE]

I take it as a compliment :)

Originally we tried getting Carnage involved but he backed out :rolleyes:

My name wouldn't be uttered if he was involved :)

g0rt
22-12-03, 06:33
im down with this event

kos odin is gonna be fun

someone find forseti and get him on there too i wouldn't mind giving his ass a good kickin

MayhemMike
22-12-03, 07:04
Mocks on you kims...
I want the Niddhog to be in this event so i can give him the mcownage.

Original monk
22-12-03, 10:04
ok i will prepare myself for some major GMGANKING :P

3 tags hr hr

ya better gimme the shotgun allready to save the GM's alot of pain :P

So we can take revenge on em for all the items we lost before ? i will give em 1 punch on the nose with a brasknuckles for every daamn fatal i have had in my life :P

Count me in this will be fun as hell :)

santa is back ... with a vengeance

LoL

\\Fényx//
22-12-03, 10:13
Originally posted by Odin
I take it as a compliment :)

Originally we tried getting Carnage involved but he backed out :rolleyes:

My name wouldn't be uttered if he was involved :)

even the KK staff are making jokes about carnage now :rolleyes:

Deo
22-12-03, 10:41
Im not going to put an uneaqual amount of weight on either side of odin and thantos' scale here. Im just going to run around aimlessly and shoot anything that moves and pray i get lucky :D

If at all possible, do the event at a decent time when people in the us and uk can take part in it.

~Deo

Parappa
22-12-03, 11:19
Sounds sooo great. Can't wait to stealth in and "acquire" some dog tags :lol:

garyu69
22-12-03, 11:30
omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg

Me wants Termie!

bang bang, your dead!

woooo

El_MUERkO
22-12-03, 12:12
Sweeet

Archeus
22-12-03, 12:17
Originally posted by Callash

Be much better to put them in sacks and give everyone bats. :lol:

Not that I care personally either way, how about something for the lowbies and *cough* those of us who can't fight.

Clownst0pper
22-12-03, 12:30
he does say in the wastelands....

Thats a hell of an area to cover...

Lucky Kaolin can now drive every vehicle :D

ODDDDDDDDDINNNNN, WHERE ARE YOU HIDING? :D

Oath
22-12-03, 12:47
Its been nice knowing you thanny and odin........

;) See you soon ;) real soon........

GT_Rince
22-12-03, 12:52
Ohh baby :D

I knew having 120 ATH & 128 AGL would come in useful on my Tank ;)

Gotta get 4 STR lvl's to use a CS tonight - then I'm set :D

Thane
22-12-03, 13:39
odin!!!!!!!

i will come and get you dude, payback time :D

*reminds every shit from beta2* :angel:

Darth Slayer
22-12-03, 13:44
Heh we could do with a start time Tuesday the 23rd is well a bit vague how about a time that it starts. I'm on Holiday so I'm gonna be on all day. REVENGE FOR ALL THOS DRONE BUGS.....:D

FBI
22-12-03, 14:01
Sounds like a stress test more than an event :rolleyes:

I will attend, best of luck to you all.

FBI

Thanatos
22-12-03, 15:04
Nobody wants to kill me? :(

*makes all PAs pink*
*makes CS do 1-shot-kills and raises req to 200 STR*
*reduces range on all spells to 1m*
*replaces all melee weapons with dildo of maven*
*all guns now have a 95% chance to explode in your face*

Skinfitz
22-12-03, 15:18
Originally posted by Thanatos

*makes all PAs pink*
Apart from the dildo, what's new?

robinitnow
22-12-03, 16:40
Originally posted by Skinfitz
Apart from the dildo, what's new?

LMFAO

Darth Slayer
22-12-03, 17:22

Thanatos u been checking out drones again...:rolleyes:
I'll Kill u quite happily just not with drones...:p
Harsh language has proven much more effective than a Particle Nemesis...:lol:

boone
22-12-03, 17:33
o.. mfg

givf! GIVF!

Original monk
22-12-03, 17:42

wohoo, kamikazeguns

stand close to youre enemy and fire: hope you both explode

or

here dear enemy, you get this nice rocketlauncher of me as a present for christmas: its not all about war and killing and pvp you know :)

-> stand behind the corner and wait for the explosion to sex he's dead body later on :P

edit: some time of the event would be neat, i have to work all day so is it in the afternoon or is it at the evening ?

i cant wait till i build my zeroslotted terminator woohoo :P (im sorry, couldnt refuse that :P)

ServeX
22-12-03, 17:52

*makes all PAs pink*

:eek: THANATOS r0x!!!

MJS has some competition now

ooooooooooh! :D

GT_Rince
22-12-03, 17:58

Don't worry dude - if I see either of you, then there will be no prisoners :D In fact, DM me when you are in the server, meet in the sewers, and I'll make you feel a lot better...

Cyphor
22-12-03, 17:59
Patch 195 notes

- all Power Armour is now pink
-the Cursed Soul now does 1-shot-kills and req 200 STR
-range on all spells is now 1m
-all melee weapons are now the dildo of maven
-all guns now have a 95% chance to explode in your face

time to make some patch 195 rumours :D :p

and id take it as a compliment noone wants to kill you, means your doing something right :)

Now why doesn't MJS participate. :p

ezza
22-12-03, 18:12

*makes all PAs pink*

yay coloured PA, and its pink to:D

GT_Rince
22-12-03, 18:20
Oh, and Odin & Thanatos... when you die, expect to be 'sexxed' by your murderer. This is a normal practice and seems to almost be like a ritual now :D

Shadow Dancer
22-12-03, 18:22
I won't be wasting anytime sexxing their corpses. In and out, I won't take any chances dying to another runner.

ezza
22-12-03, 18:36
hmm not actually sexxed anyone for ages, except mayhemmike last night but hes a clanny so it dont count hmm think my tanks could be ready to do a lot of sex action:D

Dribble Joy
22-12-03, 19:05
Damn you!!!!

DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!!!

I'M STUCK HERE AT MY PARENTS HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS!!

DIAL-UP!!! FUCKING DIAL-UP!!

I DON'T EVEN HAVE MY COMP DOWN HERE!!!

TWO WEEKS OF NO NEOCRON

TWO WEEKS OF NO JUDGE

TWO WEEKS OF NO CABLE

DAMN YOU ALL!!!!

*cries *

//edit: woops hehe sorry

L0KI
22-12-03, 19:08
This is gonna be a damn nice event.

You got a rough time it starts at all?

Im supposed to be doin my xmas shopping 2moro ;)

Clive tombstone
22-12-03, 19:38
I just have a few questions befor this gets underway.

1#How are you going to (just the two of you) be doing this on multiple servers and tuesday?
2# if your just staying on each server for an allotted amount of time, how long on each server?
3# will there be a limit on how many times a person can kill one of you guys?( to be fare the number of dogtags since allot of us want a terminator)
4#If and when you are out in the wasteland will you be Hiding And/or having the aid of Mobs to protect yourselves?
5# will the terminators have a set amount of slots?
(edit)
6#what time would you and Thantos be on urinus server (pacific time) for the event?

thanks in advance

PEace out

Tratos
22-12-03, 19:52
SEX

ahem, this event sounds soooooo cool, i really want a terminator even tho i dont have a rifle spy atm, lol pity i suck and wont even get one dog tag of either

but still great event guys!

keep em coming!

Merry Christmas

~T

jernau
22-12-03, 20:01
Originally posted by Clive tombstone
3# will there be a limit on how many times a person can kill one of you guys?( to be fare the number of dogtags since allot of us want a terminator)

Dunno about the other questions but they said it was a set of parts for a Terminator. Slots will be down to luck and CST. GL to whoever spins the wheel.

Time-wise I'd guess it'll not start till the afternoon in Europe as Odin is in Canada.

Clive tombstone
22-12-03, 21:07
How bout for us that are on the west coast (california) I dont wanna miss a min of this, My PE could REALLY use this new gun. I hope I just get lucky enough to find Thantos or Odin enough to get the parts.

StrongSad
22-12-03, 23:06
Are we gonna get an answer to the questions? Just curious is all.

Odin
22-12-03, 23:08
Originally posted by jernau

Time-wise I'd guess it'll not start till the afternoon in Europe as Odin is in Canada.

We got a winner. All depends on when I get up and can get some caffiene into my system. Thanny wants to start in the early evening. To make it easier we will probably hang out together and then play it by ear as far as dogtags go.

Darth Slayer
22-12-03, 23:19
Drat afternoon and early evening I'm gonna be out with friends watching Return of the King again...:(
Well hopefully someone I know will bag one of u guys so I can actually see a Terminator.....:D

StrongSad
22-12-03, 23:20
So when I get home at 3:00PM Eastern US time it will already be 9:00PM europe.....at the end of the event?

I know I am going to miss it no matter how hard I try.... :lol:

naimex
22-12-03, 23:31

Dun worry m8, I´m coming for ya.. (if im still awake :/ been to bed at 10 am last couple of days).

*makes all PAs pink*
And plz plz,. make ALL PAs pink, would pwn soo much PUSSY POWER !!!!!!!

200 str ?? ís that all.. can you put tigerblood, and all those other crazy str drugs you been having in this game back in.. then with some gimpage that should be almost reachable =/

and all spells to 1m ??? great :D you´ll be playing a monk then ?? =P

a dildo of maven ?? what happened to the NerfingStick ?

95 % chance of blowing up in head ?? then it will be just like when trying to PvP moving with a Doomie :/

Clive tombstone
22-12-03, 23:44
Aww Crap, I just found out there was a 9 hour time difernce from Californias time and germany, soo When when you guys mean early afternoon, like 1 aclockPm I need to be on 4 O clock AM? please yah youll hit the Urinus server like around 3-4Oclock Eroup time?

jernau
23-12-03, 00:30
Aww Crap, I just found out there was a 9 hour time difernce from Californias time and germany, soo When when you guys mean early afternoon, like 1 aclockPm I need to be on 4 O clock AM? please yah youll hit the Urinus server like around 3-4Oclock Eroup time?

I think you're the same timezone as Odin ;).

Vampire222
23-12-03, 00:36
ooh russian roulette with cs... sexy!

ServeX
23-12-03, 00:45
sex* vamp

Cruzbroker
23-12-03, 01:00
The Terminator must suck :D because it's gonna be a run... jk.. dunno, hope there'll be at least 3 per server

Opar
23-12-03, 01:26
Will these crazy criminals be called 'Odin' and 'Thanatos' or what?

Apasrt from that. TERMINATZ0R HERE I COME

Opar
23-12-03, 01:26
Bah, doulb epost, sowwy!

Mingerroo
23-12-03, 02:58
Sounds pretty cool.

Two questions...

What time roughly will it be GMT?
Will they be fighting back?

Mingoo

MkVenner
23-12-03, 03:26
ok i think a terminator is worth me pulling a sickie...cept i suck so i wont get a terminator...and i got an asseeement so i better go in....but i can just see it now them hiding in the most obscure place like in some hut in the middle of the least used sector.....i hope i get home in time....damn work why do we have to do it? oh yeah...so i can pay for Neocron...ah the circle of life continues

naimex
23-12-03, 04:34
Originally posted by MkVenner
ok i think a terminator is worth me pulling a sickie...cept i suck so i wont get a terminator...and i got an asseeement so i better go in....but i can just see it now them hiding in the most obscure place like in some hut in the middle of the least used sector.....i hope i get home in time....damn work why do we have to do it? oh yeah...so i can pay for Neocron...ah the circle of life continues

you have to work to pay for neocron ?? =/

daaamn.. :/

Clive tombstone
23-12-03, 04:38
we ALL have to "WORK" for neocron

Dont We?

:p

:lol:

Shadow Dancer
23-12-03, 08:31
So Odin/Callash/Thanatos/KK can you tell us around what time this event will be?

I've missed too many events in the past simply because I didn't log on in time or logged off too early.

Candaman
23-12-03, 12:39
don't tell him

/set SD oblivious 1

Candaman
23-12-03, 12:39
ffs

[TgR]KILLER
23-12-03, 13:05
hmm i'll be there i think.. i will be off @ 15:00 for holiday O.o just need a time this gonna happen guys so i can be sure i will be online and kick my dad off the pc.. i'll bring my ub3r stealth tt epic rifle... don't know how in godsname i can kill somebody with it.. good thing is i got my own clan..

[TgR] will be hunting u.. *goes off to build loads of revenges for the 2 droners*

Ka0s^
23-12-03, 13:10
any 1 seen em yet?

REMUS
23-12-03, 13:24
balls im gonna go see lotr 3 and do some christmas shopping today, damn u kk!!! plz dont start the pluto one untill after 8.30pm PLZ!!!!! :angel:

[TgR]KILLER
23-12-03, 13:27
u can go shopping today.. the event is planned for tomorrow wasn't it ? cause i still gotta work 11 hours today lol

ezza
23-12-03, 13:29
as long as the action dont start till i log my tank on its ok:)

Darth Slayer
23-12-03, 13:32
we ALL have to "WORK" for neocron

Dont We?

Apart from the 90% of the community which are students..:D
Now have you ever know a student to work.....:eek:

ezza
23-12-03, 13:33
Originally posted by Darth Slayer
Apart from the 90% of the community which are students..:D
Now have you ever know a student to work.....:eek:

damn lazy students, get a job :p

[TgR]KILLER
23-12-03, 14:05
Eww so it is today.. thought it was tomorrow.. a well another event i gonna miss... damnit guys.. 10 hours of work to go and u go do an event... why not tomorrow were i am free the biggest part of the day.. sigh... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( i wanted a termy gun :( :( :( :( :( :(

Ka0s^
23-12-03, 14:19
Originally posted by [TgR]KILLER
Eww so it is today.. thought it was tomorrow.. a well another event i gonna miss... damnit guys.. 10 hours of work to go and u go do an event... why not tomorrow were i am free the biggest part of the day.. sigh... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( i wanted a termy gun :( :( :( :( :( :(

lol killer think u will be ok its planned to be done lots of times afaik to cater for u guys that are working/studying :)

ezza
23-12-03, 14:29
out of interest are they gonna be in there 127/127 *** status?

Darth Slayer
23-12-03, 14:31
Originally posted by ezza
out of interest are they gonna be in there 127/127 *** status?
Yup with God mode......:D
Did you think it was going to be easy.......:lol:

[TgR]KILLER
23-12-03, 14:31
i hope i will be aible to be online tonight.. 14 hours of work today will pretty much get to me.. had a 12 hour day yesterday.. a well we'll see what happends tonight.. 1 lucky thing i got is that i can get info pretty fast due the fact ppl know me and i know them on pluto @ least :)

Ka0s^
23-12-03, 14:32
it will be TT on saturn getting around teh quickest :rolleyes:

ezza
23-12-03, 14:35
Originally posted by Darth Slayer
Yup with God mode......:D
Did you think it was going to be easy.......:lol:

then id better bring out the baseball bat

Leebzie
23-12-03, 15:08
*sitting and waiting*

Please god , please god , if there is anything ive done wrong , please forgive me and give me this terminator !!!

El_MUERkO
23-12-03, 15:19
Bro Jake is starting soon on Rock 101 :D Get up Odin!!

Cyphor
23-12-03, 15:37
Just an idea, why not do jupiter and venus (if its going to be done on venus) first, since they are ahead of us anyway. eg if you start at 3pm in the uk it will be 4 in germany so they will have more chance of being home from work etc...

Oh and do saturn last :p damn these early events got a feeling im gona miss it :( cant you hold it in the evening? :angel:

Tratos
23-12-03, 15:51
Originally posted by Cyphor
Just an idea, why not do jupiter and venus (if its going to be done on venus) first, since they are ahead of us anyway. eg if you start at 3pm in the uk it will be 4 in germany so they will have more chance of being home from work etc...

Oh and do saturn last :p damn these early events got a feeling im gona miss it :( cant you hold it in the evening? :angel:

early....the last event on Uranus was @ 1am thats on an ENGLISH server, lol damn time zones DAMN THEM TO FIRY PITS OF HELL

~T

Original monk
23-12-03, 15:57
when its about dogtags then im sure i gonna get a terminator: when it comes to killing the GM's i probably wont be the best/fastest/hardest damagedealer: BUT FOR SURE I GONNA LOOT THOSE DOGTAGS LIKE A MADMAN AND YA DONT NEED ANY SKILL FOR THAT :P (in beta4 when there wherent any lootrights i always was the first to loot aggy's for there pistols and a copbot for there nice rifles, so i bet i still have the fastest "loot stuff from the ground-SKILLS" :P )

amen, this will be fun: you guys shoot and i loot

a dogtag only falls on the ground ya see :P

garyu69
23-12-03, 16:06
so is there a start time? Its now Tuesday 23rd

naimex
23-12-03, 16:06
argh ! its a nightmare already !!

only gotten 2 hours of sleep and the event can start like any second !! =( plz wait until my eyes stop burning.

robinitnow
23-12-03, 16:08
has it started yet

better yet can some one e-mail me when it starts

robinitnow@hotmail.com

INFERNO22
23-12-03, 16:10
well im going out in meh rino

Cyphor
23-12-03, 16:11
Originally posted by Tratos
early....the last event on Uranus was @ 1am thats on an ENGLISH server, lol damn time zones DAMN THEM TO FIRY PITS OF HELL

~T

lol yeah not sure when is best to have it to make it fair on US and Europeans. Better not be too late though, i have to work tomo :(

Heh have it in the early evening (6-7pm gmt)....just to suit me... :p

hudsonbeck
23-12-03, 16:29
I just got to work but may skip out early... Hope Saturn is later in teh day :)

@Thanatos & Odin
You guys gonna be running around as Santa? :D :lol:

Hudson

•Super|\|ova•
23-12-03, 16:37
Originally posted by hudsonbeck
I just got to work but may skip out early... Hope Saturn is later in teh day :)

@Thanatos & Odin
You guys gonna be running around as Santa? :D :lol:

Hudson

OMG dude :lol: Orko!!!

L0KI
23-12-03, 16:59
*wonders what time the event starts*

Original monk
23-12-03, 17:18
Hiya dear GM's and dev's who we all love so much, can ya please wait with the event till in about 2 hours when im safe and sound at home ?

I wub you all :P

that will be around 6 (GMT+1) :P

Shadow Dancer
23-12-03, 17:23
I"M AWAKE!

Original, what on god's green earth is that in your sig?

Original monk
23-12-03, 17:42
glad youre awake i hope the event starts soon :P

heres the picture : but know ya know i gonna make sumthing else :)

http://users.pandora.be/original/anemoontje.jpg

its somekind of seacreature, some kind of seasnail or sea-anemona or sumthing, i tought it looked psychedelic hehe :)

Odin
23-12-03, 17:50
Be about a couple hours. Waiting on Callash to show up and I've got 4 characters to pull LE's outta :)

Jernau I'm east coast now :)

And yes we will fight back although I think I'll tinker with these setups Callash gave us....whew...paperweights.

Shadow Dancer
23-12-03, 17:52
The event will be a couple hours long? Or it'll be IN a couple of hours?

Sorry, as you can see I really don't want to miss this. :p

VictorKruger
23-12-03, 17:59
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
The event will be a couple hours long? Or it'll be IN a couple of hours?

Sorry, as you can see I really don't want to miss this. :p

It will start in acouple hours

hudsonbeck
23-12-03, 18:13
If They collect 3 of my dogtags.... Do they get a Termi?:D

Be about a couple hours. Waiting on Callash to show up and I've got 4 characters to pull LE's outta :)

Jernau I'm east coast now :)

And yes we will fight back although I think I'll tinker with these setups Callash gave us....whew...paperweights.

Sweet....
I am skipping outta work in about an hour then;)

Damn choices....
1) Keep Job
2) chance to get termi :D

I think the choice is an easy one... See ya in a bit:angel:

Hudson

Candaman
23-12-03, 18:23
gah don't finish work for 3 more hours hope its still going then

VictorKruger
23-12-03, 18:36
Quick question, are the GMs going to spam a Admin message stating something like "outlaws are sighted in the wastelands" or something or are we just going to have to figure out that for ourselves?

\\Fényx//
23-12-03, 19:11
Cmon guys, youve gotta give them a chance to learn how to play the game, and find their way outta MC5 :p

Anyway, is it ONLY thanatos and Odin ?!? Hows that gonna work out over like 4 servers o_O

Odin
23-12-03, 19:17
Simple...were going to be at this a long time today ;)

Server order:

Jupiter/Uranus/Saturn/Pluto

Be about an hour or so still. Thanny just got his guys setup and is on his way to the office.

garyu69
23-12-03, 19:27
Is there a poss estimate for the Pluto time?
I am happy it is last because i am out doing xmas things this evening

SeXy Happy
23-12-03, 19:28
Ok but what about those of us in the states that want to play in this? Is there any chance that the Pluto one will be going on around 7 PM in the states?

Odin
23-12-03, 19:29
Sorry no actual times. We don't know ourselves. We are playing it by ear. As soon as Callash tells us that a certain amount of people have had the time to get 3 in he can let us know to move onto the next server.

Update: Callash is moving the required dogtags to 2.

SeXy Happy
23-12-03, 19:31
Is there going to be any notification on the boards about when a event is starting on what server. When it ended and the next one is going on? You know what I mean. Like a post here saying "Ok we are starting now on Jupiter"......."Ok Jupiter is done we are going to Saturn" that kind of thing?

FlashFF
23-12-03, 19:32
sounds cool
ill definately give it a shot on pluto
got a whole load of PHP to write but hopefully ill be in on time to join in the fun :)

jernau
23-12-03, 19:32
Simple...were going to be at this a long time today ;)

Server order:

Jupiter/Uranus/Saturn/Pluto

Be about an hour or so still. Thanny just got his guys setup and is on his way to the office.

Cool - time to go get dinner :).

YoDa-UK
23-12-03, 19:55
well i want to do this event too, but leaving pluto till the end? that means what between 11pm to 1am???

I cant stay up that late as im always up early in the morning with my baby boy, or at least get woken up at 6am, please can you try and not leave it till that late for pluto, or any server tbh, i mean they are based in Germany right? make it a good GMT time

SeXy Happy
23-12-03, 19:57
Right and screw the people in the US ;)

Candaman
23-12-03, 20:00
leave pluto till last good plan i am gonna be up all nite if i have to and i'm gonna get 10 tags :P

YoDa-UK
23-12-03, 20:04
no if it was screw the people in the US it would held right now, besides where is the US server? dont moan about that shit, had enough with swg servers and yanks with big heads.

Also take note that a lot of kids play this game in this country and germany, so making it so late "just to get the US players in on it" will limit the rest of em.

bah flame away, who gives a shit, gonna miss it anyway

Tickles
23-12-03, 20:09
Originally posted by YoDa-UK
no if it was screw the people in the US it would held right now, besides where is the US server? dont moan about that shit, had enough with swg servers and yanks with big heads.

Also take note that a lot of kids play this game in this country and germany, so making it so late "just to get the US players in on it" will limit the rest of em.

bah flame away, who gives a shit, gonna miss it anyway

I agree I cant stay up late lol :)
I suppose it should have been done at the weekend when few ppl are at work, but oh well.

SeXy Happy
23-12-03, 20:17
Hey no need to bash me on my nationality. That is just not needed. I didn't bash you. :mad:

Sorry if I am from America and want to be included in some fun too.:rolleyes:

Shadow Dancer
23-12-03, 20:22
Wait pluto is last?

So it's possible that it could be like 5-6 hours from now?

I hope we get a heads-up.

Clive tombstone
23-12-03, 20:41
How long till Urinus is gonna start?

Clive tombstone
23-12-03, 20:41
How long till Urinus is gonna start? (Edit ARG double post sorry)

VictorKruger
23-12-03, 21:10
another question just came to mind. when you die, will you two be affected by SI or will you two be manipulated so that you won' t be affected by it and just be relocated to another zone.

YoDa-UK
23-12-03, 21:11
sorry SeXy Happy i didn't mean a direct insult to you as a person, its just this always happens with events, its always so late in the night its crazy when you think that everything about the game and its staff are based in europe.

I remember a lot of the players attitudes with SWG towards us Europeans coz they rebooted the servers and it happened in our day time which was there 6am time, it kinda pissed off most people but the US lot told us to suck it up and live with it.

I just would like to have some events co-ordinated to suit the Europe players.

•Super|\|ova•
23-12-03, 21:20
Fuck this... I've been waiting all day. I'm not gonna hang on and run around with nothing to do only to wait for one event.

*goes to watch the Sopranos on tv*

sw1tch
23-12-03, 22:38
so anyone know how far this event has gone? as in server wise

T72
23-12-03, 22:44
Odin im gonna rip out yer eyes skull fuck ya then piss in yer ear then drink it !

ooh and Merry Xmas u dirty animal.......

SeXy Happy
23-12-03, 22:55
Originally posted by YoDa-UK
sorry SeXy Happy i didn't mean a direct insult to you as a person, its just this always happens with events, its always so late in the night its crazy when you think that everything about the game and its staff are based in europe.

I remember a lot of the players attitudes with SWG towards us Europeans coz they rebooted the servers and it happened in our day time which was there 6am time, it kinda pissed off most people but the US lot told us to suck it up and live with it.

I just would like to have some events co-ordinated to suit the Europe players.

No prob Yoda :)

But what can you expect from SWG? And what the heck were you doing off of NC anyhow??!!! Treason!!!!

The only reason I said I wanted Pluto late was because the 2 german servers were being done early, I thought because it would be time for german players. And the english server would be last for the english speaking...including Americans. I am still at work and wont even get off for another 3hrs 30 mins. But I thought it would make sense for Pluto to be one of the later servers so that the american players could play too.

BTW, the whole reboot of the SWG servers and them talking like that to you, I would have told them to *uck off.

Odin
23-12-03, 23:15
Jupiter and Uranus complete.

Saturn up next.

Keiron
23-12-03, 23:16
Damn, I missed Uranus (just got home). Any chance you guys can come play for a bit more?

Nuski
23-12-03, 23:25
Unless your in a clan or the luckiest man in the world you wont find em lol

It was like hunting for a needle in 3 acre field of hay without the aid of a magnet. Nice idea but sooo god damn boring unless you were one of the lucky few.

Not bashing the event, christ were lucky to get 1 so close to chrimbo.

Thanx kk and all the gm's involved and goodluck on the other servers :) (you will need it)

Oh and forgot to say Happy xmas everybody :)

Clive tombstone
23-12-03, 23:31
Also, not to be bashing. But where were you guys spawning at? it seemed you guys where always at A8 and a9 on the (urinus server), I mean, yah It I know I shot at odin ONCE, but he didnt drop a tag that time =(

I was travling ALL over neocron, but i guess i was looking at the wrong place :rolleyes:

VictorKruger
24-12-03, 00:43
well saturn is done, and i have to say that could have been dealt better. Finding 2 guys the entire wastelands is close to impossible.

I wish there could have been some hints to help where they are, possibly some trivia questions about the zone that they are in.

I feel that only the larger clans had even a remote chance finding them since they could just have one or two people in the clan camp a zone and tell the other clan mates where they are and have clan mates swarm them.

It was fun though, although i ran into 15 Y bots in an area of a square yard and got my ass handed to me on a platter. :(

Shadow Dancer
24-12-03, 00:47

I feel that only the larger clans had even a remote chance finding them since they could just have one or two people in the clan camp a zone and tell the other clan mates where they are and have clan mates swarm them.

That's what I was afraid of. :(

Also there was a certain clan on pluto that looked like it was camping the asgs.

:(

garyu69
24-12-03, 00:47
Camping the ASG. oh fuck. I need that for my hover when i hear the announcement

Zanathos
24-12-03, 00:48
pluto hasnt been done yet....

at least i dont think it has been

at any rate, callash said he gave away 7 terminators... or was it 6....

on saturn at least.

VictorKruger
24-12-03, 00:50
Originally posted by Zanathos
pluto hasnt been done yet....

at least i dont think it has been

at any rate, callash said he gave away 7 terminators... or was it 6....

on saturn at least.

no saturn just finished, pluto is up next.

and was it to runners in all the same clan that he gave them away to?

I saw about 16 or so BD members most were in the same clan.

ezza
24-12-03, 00:58
no saturn just finished, pluto is up next.

and was it to runners in all the same clan that he gave them away to?

I saw about 16 or so BD members most were in the same clan.

onoz BD must have GMs in the faction:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Matthew.v.smith
24-12-03, 01:06
I Diddent get lucky :)

But still it was fun exploring the wastes knowing that any min u might just might walk into 1 of the 2 Criminals ^_^.

I even discovered the 3 mining Facilitys and decided to look around them:)

I was actually surprised at how much i was missing when i Entered em they are huge and are dripping with atmosphere :P

But anyway After callash announced the end of the event i do think some people came down hard Especially some choice idiots spamming OOC For no apparent reason and slagging of Callash i mean WTF at least we had a damn event Eh Noname or dont mess? eh eh?:wtf:

Matty.:angel:

Merry Xmas all!

VictorKruger
24-12-03, 01:10
personally for me i wasn't meaning to bash Callash, but after looking through over half the wastelands and then got greeted by a bunch of Y bots, and trying to hurry up and get out to the wastelands right when callash says "times up"....yeah i was a bit miffed.

But i didn't say anything rude directly towards Callash and the others.

As for eggs and the others spamming, that was quite rude and it wasn't needed to be done.

Matthew.v.smith
24-12-03, 01:12
Yeah that was just dumb.

in the end i had to Block OOC because everytime i blocked 1 person someone else started up again.

Act ure age.

Matty.:angel:

Cyphor
24-12-03, 01:24
Well i wasnt too impressed with the saturn one :( i spent the whole time running around like a headless chicken from nothstar to rockshore via mb and down the west coast, never even got a hint of where they were, not too much fun at all.
It was a good idea and thx for the event, but i think if there were pointers or a smaller area it could have been slightly more fun.

MrBane
24-12-03, 01:25
Unfortunately, trying to get a hold of Callash is impossible, as I had hoped to get NeMa Radio online and give you announcements inbetween songs as to the last known location of the Criminals.

Imagine that old movie, The Warriors.

Would've been great, but couldn't get a hold of Callash.

boone
24-12-03, 01:25
I got one on pluto \o/ woho!

Tratos
24-12-03, 01:31
Originally posted by MrBane
Unfortunately, trying to get a hold of Callash is impossible, as I had hoped to get NeMa Radio online and give you announcements inbetween songs as to the last known location of the Criminals.

Imagine that old movie, The Warriors.

Would've been great, but couldn't get a hold of Callash.

NeMa Radio o_O :eek: ??

sounds cool,

missed out on the event sadly :(

~T

Zanathos
24-12-03, 01:55
The event was definetly too short, like a half hour.

sure the terminators are finally on the servers, but come on! theres even less of them than the kami chips!

like i said.... 6 or 7 on saturn.......

There supposedly fixing the terminator strange book drop in the next patch, or patches :)

got myself some nice screenie :)

Callash attackin my clan leader and rezzing him ^_^

all while in that sexy red cop bot armor :eek:

Odin
24-12-03, 02:07
Shouldn't have been too hard. We mainly stayed around specific areas. Outzone station exit, Military base exit, battledome and a couple of ops. Although for fun we did drop right down on the occassional person.

Should be plenty of those out there. I died at least 45 times but managed to take out about 12-15 despite ever rarely getting one on one situations. More like 3-1 and 6-1 with para galore :)

Probably do it again after the new year when I can get a day away from work :)

[TgR]KILLER
24-12-03, 02:12
Went just as i thought it would.. the big clans got everything the and i'm left with shit all.. i know a few clans got 6/7 of the damn guns.. i wasted an half an hour running around the whole damn map.. stealthed half of the time because i kept running into enemy ppl from the big clans i won't name.. but i saw like 1 of them in each zone.. and not a single time it was the same runner.. its like mc5 realy.. if u aint got a big clan to camp places your fucked..

Odin
24-12-03, 02:13
Well that's true of everything.

Power in numbers.

Zanathos
24-12-03, 02:14
well, im going by what callash said.

so looks like its just as rare as the kami chips then hmmm?

Shadow Dancer
24-12-03, 02:15
I feel ya TGR.

Personally I was dissapointed with the spawn spots and the way they stayed near certain areas even though it was "criminals scattered through-out the wastes".

Oh well.

naimex
24-12-03, 02:20
whee.. i just woke up... thank god i had no need of a terminator.. but it hurts me i couldnt be there to kil Thanny when he needed me =(

boone
24-12-03, 02:21
[TgR]Killer, you didn't have to hunt in numbers at all, you could drop them by yourself. i dropped Thanathos at battledome with my RoG-wielding spy with 30% health left after he was down.

Zanathos
24-12-03, 02:22
I really dont care about the terminator, but hey, its nice to see a shotgun up there with the rest.....

considering that the other shotguns are for VERY low levels.

i remember using shotguns in beta to stack thousands of phosphor burns :)

MrBane
24-12-03, 02:22
ou didn't have to hunt in numbers at all, you could drop them by yourself

He's not talking about killing in numbers, he's talking about finding in numbers.

Some Clans had the upperhand due to superior Clan numbers. The solo player whom styled himself as a Bounty Hunter, was frankly, fucked, as he had too much ground to cover on his own.

Thus why I wanted the NeMa Radio to do a broadcast covering the event.

Damn.

garyu69
24-12-03, 02:25
I was a solo hunter and totally had no chance. I scanned the whole of the North East and got nothing because they didn't even come that way.

[TgR]KILLER
24-12-03, 02:28
Originally posted by boone
[TgR]Killer, you didn't have to hunt in numbers at all, you could drop them by yourself. i dropped Thanathos at battledome with my RoG-wielding spy with 30% health left after he was down.

duh.. i know for sure i could drop him by myself that aint the bloody problem. the problem is i had to clear 20 zones on my own.. and the big ass clans just had 30 ppl on who each could just go for one zone and camp it.. thus when thana was @ the battle dome.. sure a guy from one of the big clans was there.. but i had to cover every zone alone.. thus rendering my changes to find him 1 on 1.000.000.000

@ Odin.. i'll go buy a thirth account and go join a big ass clan.. so i finaly can get some stuff done.. cause a small clan won't get bigger because numbers meen absolutly everything O.o

Zanathos
24-12-03, 02:36
our clan is small... but were growing....

we have like... 16 members... maybe less.

out of 5 of us online, 2 of us hunted for them, he was in the outzone, i was around the south east of the map.....

i tried to get one on pluto, but Thanathos was spawned and killed maybe 3 seconds before i got to him in the outzone :(

Possessed
24-12-03, 03:08
/me strokes 3 slot termi

;)

Comie
24-12-03, 03:27
Shouldn't have been too hard. We mainly stayed around specific areas. Outzone station exit, Military base exit, battledome and a couple of ops. Although for fun we did drop right down on the occassional person.

Should be plenty of those out there. I died at least 45 times but managed to take out about 12-15 despite ever rarely getting one on one situations. More like 3-1 and 6-1 with para galore :)

Probably do it again after the new year when I can get a day away from work :)

yup yur right it was rarely one on one.
Yu and thannny vs me at chester.... i was shaking soo bad... to bad i sucked when it really mattered... oh and thanx for the broken hovertech :D

gits

jernau
24-12-03, 03:42
Thanks to Callash, Thanny and Odin.

My only criticism would be the locations. More variation would have been nice. A lot of us were deliberately avoiding those areas - particularly OZ/Jeriko as Callash forbade weapons at Jeriko. It also meant some people got as many as three sets which is rather silly.

A rerun in January as Odin says to give us another go would be cool.

\\Fényx//
24-12-03, 03:44
Originally posted by boone

You forgot that i para'd him and punched him a few times ;)

boone
24-12-03, 03:54
what? you did? i thought you stood there with SI :(

Ascension
24-12-03, 10:23
Originally posted by Possessed
/me strokes 3 slot termi

;)

Me strokes 2 Slot Termi :( ULTIMATED:D

Original monk
24-12-03, 11:09
:mad:

and a sentence under it so i dont get booted for posting 1 emoticon ....

Argent
24-12-03, 11:43

Let me quote Callash here : "ADMIN> Callash : 3) They spawn randomly in the entire wastelands, whenever someone kills them, they respawn in another Zone"

So random means specific? Must be GM logic.

I'll just say that those were nearly the most boring 2 hours in Neocron ever. I just dislike events like this based on just pure luck. Next time give us some thinking to do, like tiny hints. In beta you had this nice event where you had to find rare guns, and players were given hints where they might be found, it worked. Wasn't 100% wandering in the wastelands like this event was now. Worst event I've ever participated in Neo.

Edit : I'd like to add that everyone who spammed OOC after the event, are idiots. Even though most of us were very, very disaapointed, it doesn't make any sense to act like that. GMs must "love" how you people reacted to their hard work.

Original monk
24-12-03, 12:03
Originally posted by Argent
Let me quote Callash here : "ADMIN> Callash : 3) They spawn randomly in the entire wastelands, whenever someone kills them, they respawn in another Zone"

So random means specific? Must be GM logic.

I'll just say that those were nearly the most boring 2 hours in Neocron ever. I just dislike events like this based on just pure luck. Next time give us some thinking to do, like tiny hints. In beta you had this nice event where you had to find rare guns, and players were given hints where they might be found, it worked. Wasn't 100% wandering in the wastelands like this event was now. Worst event I've ever participated in Neo.

worst ? nah ... i say its equal to the event where we had to look in wooden boxes for 2 days witouth finding anything (except for a few people that found 8 psicores etc ...), around the wastes my ass ...

next time it would be cool if everyone could participate with an event, especially a christmasevent, or is christmas sumthing only a select (lucky) few can have fun... i was ready to kill an ARMY of "criminals" .... my mistake ... i didnt see even 1 ...

this is for all the people that saw jack shit of the event, for all i know there wasnt an event, only a red line announcing and a red line ending the event, and this was the christmas"event" i waited for all day ...

yeah im whining, ya would whine for less, first they dont tell us when the event is so we gotta wait for hours and hours and then its over in an hour and 99% of people didnt see shit.

atlast they give something decent as an eventprice and then ya cant even locate the event .......

MERRY CHRISTMAS

L0KI
24-12-03, 12:15
It didnt seem very clear to me that they were gonna be in random places around the map.

It said something about staying in A_08...

Hence why we just sat in A_08 and B_08...

We did gank Odin tho ;)

RayBob
24-12-03, 12:32
There was an event a while back where runners had to destroy troop carriers. The troop carries exploded leaving several data cubes scattered about with the debris.

This event was fun but also very frustrating. I was at 4 of the kills but never even got to see the dogtag on the ground. It was snatched up instanly by people with 1/7th the ping that I get being 9 time zones away from the servers.

Perhaps the next time the body could pop several tags over a few meters so that everyone at the kill can have some hope of getting one.

Archeus
24-12-03, 13:16
I have a PPU and researcher. Chances of me getting one = 0

I didn't even know the event had started until chatter started going on the OOC about people leaving each others ops alone or saying they had got a tag.

So I didn't bother my ass hanging around (it was late already). I log in this morning to there was also a 'Steel Box' mission as well which wasn't advertised but appears the usual big clans knew about it and looted a lot of them.

You know a better Chrissy present would be just to spawn something in peoples backpacks, doesn't even have to be a rare (I want a comp of SF please santa. :p )

$tormbringer
24-12-03, 14:01
nice event but more like easter and not xmas...

btw i dont care if anyone has 1 or 100.... the rifle is shit... cant kill anyone with it... ok u can kill a n00b maybe... but thats it...

Oath
24-12-03, 14:54
i got a 12 slot malfuntioning terminator of doom.........

oh wait no i ddint.......

COZ NTL WOULDNT FUCKING LET ME ON THE HOMHOHMHOMHOMO

INFERNO22
24-12-03, 17:54
It was fun and i got a termi now:angel:

Darth Slayer
24-12-03, 19:13
Originally posted by Oath
i got a 12 slot malfuntioning terminator of doom.........

oh wait no i ddint.......

COZ NTL WOULDNT FUCKING LET ME ON THE HOMHOHMHOMHOMO

:lol: Oh Nozzzzz Poor Oathie......:lol: