PDA

View Full Version : Who wants Aggies Cellars/Mutant Cellars fixed?

Tickles
21-12-03, 19:50
Guys U know all the anoying things in the aggies cellars like :

Theres the Aggies always going through the floor, waving there arms around,

Theres the little walkways where invisible stuff pokes out, getting u stuck until u jump,

Theres the Enlighten Acolytes, getting stuck in the walls/doors, shooting and u when u cant see them.

Well these things get u killed as a noob and are very annoying. Plz can u get them fixed KK. Anyone agree or add to it?

I know cause of those poking out thingies that when i first started NC that i thought the aggy cellars only were 1 room plus that walkway till i realise u could jump over the invisible thing and get into the rest of it.

Thx alot

Tik/Spirits

Psyco Groupie
21-12-03, 19:58
never really bothered me - i guess the stuff going thru the floor sucks but the wall one doesnt really matter

not a huge priority imo!

Cubico
21-12-03, 20:24
When your drone is too close to the ground it goes into the water and is lost.

steweygrrr
21-12-03, 22:01
yeah the drone thing bugs me but besides that im ok with it =)

s0apy
21-12-03, 22:30
thread starter is quite right. things like this need to be fixed before the game is re-released in DoY. aggie pits are a well known place for new players to level. there are better places, but not so easy to find or use. for new players, this will be one of the places they spend a good deal of time. if we want the game to succeed long term, these kinds of problems need fixing.

Tickles
21-12-03, 22:47
Originally posted by s0apy
thread starter is quite right. things like this need to be fixed before the game is re-released in DoY. aggie pits are a well known place for new players to level. there are better places, but not so easy to find or use. for new players, this will be one of the places they spend a good deal of time. if we want the game to succeed long term, these kinds of problems need fixing.

Lol good point. i was actually thinking more selfishly for myself, but the aggies is a major lvling spot and the newbs will be disayed and discouraged by these small problems.

As for being low priority, its also low difficulty to fix, surely.

s0apy
21-12-03, 23:06
Originally posted by Tickles
As for being low priority, its also low difficulty to fix, surely.

history tells us that issues affecting low-level characters, and therefore especially new players (who spend far more time as low-level chars than rerolling "vets" do), are slow to be responded to.

i remember when pierce damage/armour was bugged and pierce did far more damage than it was supposed to. those most immediatley affected were aggie-pit campers. this was october/november last year, and took a good while to fix, or even be properly diagnosed.

and when did level 1 imp drops finally get fixed? almost exactly a year after retail was released.

and the LE chip? how many times has that essential piece of newcomer equipment been bugged?

and SL? remember way back at the beginning of retail when you actually gained SL for killing anyone with lower SL than you? hehe - real nice for new chars starting on 15 SL. the folks with the highest SL were those PKing everything in low-level hunting grounds.

KK need to think hard about the things that affect low-level chars - DoY is their chance for a fresh start, but they need to spend less time listening to the bleating of capped/long time players and put in more shit for the little guys.

tidying up the problems affecting the most frequently used, and accessible, newcomer hunting grounds in the city should be high on the list.

Tickles
22-12-03, 11:46
Agreed :angel:

RayBob
22-12-03, 11:55
I agree. While these are not show stoppers, they are not what you would expect of a polished game such as MJS has said BDoY will be.

greploco
22-12-03, 15:14
I voted no - more important things to worry about

but ----- as an area that has high traffic, it shouldn't have little problems, it shows the game off poorly

greploco
22-12-03, 15:15
>>> KK need to think hard about the things that affect low-level chars - DoY is their chance for a fresh start, but they need to spend less time listening to the bleating of capped/long time players and put in more shit for the little guys.

whew, nicely said

Q`alooaith
22-12-03, 15:24
I think the aggy celler's should just be removed totaly, and link's to the mainsewer put in there place...

But failing that I'd say a simple fix would be to remove all the barrier's and put a new floor level in somthing more solid then aggy's would not all though and drone's not be lost and it'd make it good place to hunt..

Lanigav
22-12-03, 20:24
If anything the stupid floor bugs should be fixed so you can retrieve lost drones, or at least take out the floor grating so you can actually use the ladders that are there.

xkorpio
22-12-03, 21:05
Originally posted by Tickles
Theres the Enlighten Acolytes, getting stuck in the walls/doors, shooting and u when u cant see them.

OMG OMG!!!!11oneone

That's exploiting! Send Screenshots to GM and lets PermaBan the Enlighten Acolytes, if I cant exploit, why the NPC's are able to? What example of fair play is KK giving us??? HIS NPC'S DO EXPLOITS

P.D: LoL :D

g0rt
22-12-03, 21:39
ya those walkways over the water are SO BUGGED

-monsters drop in em
-drones drop in em

annoying....fix!

Q`alooaith
23-12-03, 07:21
Originally posted by g0rt
ya those walkways over the water are SO BUGGED

-monsters drop in em
-drones drop in em

annoying....fix!

they are bugged because they are not realy there.. the map's just a main sewer section, with the barrier's and extra flooring added on so newb's don't get lost..

One change that would be good is changing the way you get in and out of the celler's, rather than a pile of crate's, how bout some ladder's..

Leebzie
23-12-03, 15:43
I like the boxes , they give slightly more realistic feel to the 'cellar', (tho i cant see why the hell someone would make a cellar with no way out ? - death pit ?)

But they are really annoying when you die and your belt falls into them so you cant target it :(

Tickles
23-12-03, 17:38
Originally posted by Leebzie
I like the boxes , they give slightly more realistic feel to the 'cellar', (tho i cant see why the hell someone would make a cellar with no way out ? - death pit ?)

But they are really annoying when you die and your belt falls into them so you cant target it :(

Lol another reason to fix it!
Atleast that little exploit place has been fixed in first room. well on pluto it has. Dunno bout other servers.

Tickles
23-12-03, 21:32
Guysz plz vote 5 stars :)