PDA

View Full Version : How did you become a member of your current faction and why?

VetteroX
21-12-03, 10:18
Well, this is mainly to thoes of you who have been in a faction for a while, but anyone can answer. What is your faction history, what are you currently in and why?

In Beta I was CA... was just the first option, FA, TG, and CM descrption scared me as a new player... didnt know what the hell factions meant, jut wanted to play. So CA most of beta. Then went TT, just cause I like guns in RL and games and thought maybe Id get better weaponry in that faction, wrongly assumed of course... Was TT for start of retail, then DX-Defender walked up to me, and asked me to join his FA clan, Tech. He seemed nice... didnt know anything about FA, wasn't into pking back then, clan support would help.. siad sure. Had fun in Tech for a while, met Psycho Killa who was in an allied clan, and met TGs, who had a lotta op wars with (on same side vs cm etc). Tech broke up, I went TG. At this time, I got introduced to the awesomeness of pking everything that moves, by people like psycho killa and elkdor. Pked and pked. Liked having so many hostiles in TG.

KK annihilates part drop rate, does a lot of other bad moves, 1/2 the servers leaves. I get bored, take a long break. come back in march, PK and Mega have gone TT. WTF, why have they joined a faction with *gasp* only 3 hostiles!?They had a huge fight with people in TG and wanted to kill them. Well, we wanted to make a new clan but they hated TG, TT had too many allies, so we went BD in march, made claws of dragon, pked like mad. And that was it, been BD since march, perfect faction to kill as many people as possible. Never considered not having my mains as BD now, but I'm going to make a Tsunami to kill protos... they have had it easy for too long.

Pretty funny to me, now I look back and think CA and FA are carebears and I love killing TGs.

Whats your story?

Vid Gamer
21-12-03, 10:24
My first ever character was a Tank in TT. Like you Vet I thought that being in TT I would get better guns or a discount or something. :lol:

Start of retail I was a P.E. with CA since Ray Lelievre asked me to join his clan by PM'ing me on the forums. I was a P.E. for a shortwhile but when N.I.A. broke up I re-rolled as another Tank and went TT again but this time joined with the N.D.A. It was TT N.D.A. where I stayed for most of my retail playing time.

After months of being in N.D.A. the leader of N.I.A. came back and I joined N.I.A. for a shortwhile before I got tired of being "the good guy" and decided to go TG for the hell of it and to see what it was like. I joined TA (Total Annhilation) under Serve. It was fun and the people were cool, but then summer came and I quit NC to play SWG.

I came back to NC after the summer and of TA was dead so I went to The Gang for only a few days before I jumped ship. I stopped playing again for a bit and when I logged back in over a weekend I find out Fenix is leading a new CA N.D.A. so I joined that. And as everyone knows the CA N.D.A. is now the new TT N.D.A. and I plan on being TT for the rest of my NC career (even got 100 TT FS :D).

I also changed to BioTech, ProtoPharm, and Merc's for the Epics.

VetteroX
21-12-03, 10:26
yeah im always pp or bio for a bit for the epics, but thats it.

Jest
21-12-03, 10:33
Ive been TT/FA/TG/PP/BD throught out my career. Started as TT in the Khans. Ended up started my clan Mirror-Shades in FA. We merged after a few months with TeCH. Then went to TG under EvilEyes clan (cant even remember the name). Had a brief period in PP with FSOP. Then went back to TG as NCAT. Merged with TR. Created my own TG that flopped. Joinined Crackheads. Started Mirror-Shades back up as FA. Switched em to BD. :)

At the current state of the game, the only real factions I would ever consider being in are either FA or BD. I love both of them for completely different reasons. Though my clan had to finally give up our allegiance with FA so we decided to go BD, though not *completely* for PvP reason. Actually mainly RP reasons, BD is a great faction all around. Plenty of opportunites for role play, plenty of hostil factions so you can always find a fight when you want one. Good stuff. I recon we will be staying BD for quite some time.

Vid Gamer
21-12-03, 10:36
Jest you forgot you were in TA with me. :(

Jest
21-12-03, 10:37
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
Jest you forgot you were in TA with me. :( Man the TG clans we were in switched names so many times I friggin lost track of which were which. Was TA EvilEyes clan? :confused:

Vid Gamer
21-12-03, 10:46
Nope, that was Serve's.

I remember EvilEye lead TR after Serve left but don't remember if he made another one. Usually TG have a new powerclan every month. :D

Shadow Dancer
21-12-03, 11:25
IMO I don't like the fact that you're forced to pick a faction, or that the people you can kill are based on your faction. It's like cookie cutter roleplaying. Yes that's my term, :D.

Anyways, I'm only in tsunami because of PIMP. NONE of the factions truly interest me. Story-wise their all lame IMO except BD. And even then it's not all that.

I wish factionless people could make a clan and I wish who you can kill was based on who you are at war with.

Breschau
21-12-03, 11:37
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I wish factionless people could make a clan and I wish who you can kill was based on who you are at war with.
Agree 100%.

I started as TT in beta4, just cos they were weapons manufacturers (i'm guessing a lot of people had that reason). At that point I was thinking your faction would actually have some effect though (eg, faction issue equipment, missions, etc). I stayed TT throughout beta, though it might as well have been any faction as it didn't really play a part in my game. Enemies were basically whoever fought us (had a small clan) or had outposts we wanted - I don't recall checking the faction of any of our opponents.

In retail I started in CityMercs. This being because the character name I was using was stolen from an old amiga game and was the name of a mercenary. I would have much prefered to be factionless as I wanted a neutral mercenary whose only ally was money, fighting for the highest bidder. CM don't really work like that - they have picked a side and stick to it, as far as the faction system goes anyway. I switched to FA for a while to join up with Illuminati. FA was a mess (politically) though and the clan didn't last that long, so I went back to CM (far as I was concerned I was still a merc, just under long term contract to FA for the duration of that). Stayed CM for the rest of the game except for a hop to PP and TT to do their respective epics (PP cos the chip looked kinda vital, TT cos I had little to do - regretted TT mid-epic as it was my 3rd epic and they were getting boring). Been CM since. Joined a clan, though that was right before I took a month's break (which I warned the clan about before joining) and the clan was gone when I got back. When I play chars on other servers I tend to either be CM or FA - despite the mess FA was when I was a member, I still like the faction overall. Doubt I'll ever go TG, or one of the corporations, but maybe BD or TS someday.

Lethys
21-12-03, 11:52
Strangely enough, my first character was a Biotech pistol spy :lol:

After playing for about a week, I joined a CM clan along with Duder, though it didn't last long :p

After that I went back to BT. I applied to join Eradicators, but got no reply, so I joined Psy-Net, which I consider to be the best NC clan ever :)

Within a month, Psy-Net grew from 25 members to 70 and moved to PP. After a few rerolls, i went TG and joined GEF, my first PvP clan, mainly because of the hatred I had at the time for Synergy. After that I went from GEF back to PN, to Mortis, to DarK, to FF and then back to PN :angel:

Hayato
21-12-03, 13:16
i have been TT/CA/PP/FA best faction evar is FA hands down!

KramerTheWeird
21-12-03, 13:33
I started out in retail as CM, because I was hoping to make money off of contracts and also because I wanted a neutral role. Joined CSM eventually, and then they broke up and I started my own clan, more so at first because of the size of clan apts. Breschau was in it actually as we both shared similar interests for mercenary work. Unfortunately the rest of the server did not. I began talking with Carinth, and saw he was looking for some sort of neutral role as well, and eventually got my TS symp up and joined PIMP. Been there since, and I like the mix of pro and anti city hostiles.

Nexxy
21-12-03, 13:34
In retail i started off as tsunami because it said something about whores....Lasted like 1 day because i joined 14k triad who were BD. Had alot of good fights with them, but they broke up =/ Rade then started STORM who were city mercs lasted a couple of months which was fun.

I took about a 2 month break after that, when i came back STORM had broke up and joined gang, but i didnt really like them. So i walked around and PKed for a bit, was on my way to PK at the bunker and saw kyle there. Joined Opis CA clan. This was around when TR was about, they was pretty weak at the time so opi decided to move to TG and started up patriots. I left them after a couple of months or something cant remember where i went next, maybe Epics. I joined GEF after was good i guess. Left them and started NCAT. The most uberest PKing clan ever =P Merged with TA, biggest mistake ever.....

I left alex made me join BD, went NCAT to PK to Crackheads while in black dragon. Crackheads went tangent SSi, i left went blackdragon, came back tangent. In NDA...dont ask....

Im a little lost lonely pigeon now, flying from clan to clan, faction to faction just trying to find some bread.

Well thats how im where i am now.

Oh just remember what i missed out, after pats and joined TeCH with DX and then carebear daycare...ive been in alot of clans in alot of factions O_o

ezza
21-12-03, 14:11
well my first char which was my old monk Richard Deckard started the game as NEXT though after meeting a good bunch of people in the first couple of days if retail we switched to CA and started V Nox, after i fuked up his SL(got it to about -50)i couldnt be assed playing him.

so i started a Crahn monk called Ezza,went crahn as it seemed the right faction for a monk to be in, was member of Followers of Crahn for about 6 months i think, though had a spell in TG clan MiG in between that.

Then went to Mercs and made Mercs of Destruction, moved to mercs from crahn cos i wanted to kill TG cos they were to big a faction, though there were a few people i knew in the mercs faction so seemed a decent move, though thats were my monks story ends as i dont play him anymore.

as for my main man Diabolus Decor, started off like Ezza in crahn then he moved to mercs(it was diab who started the clan as he was the epic man) though after a while it just didnt feel like home, i had left a few members of the clan behind when i moved from crahn to CM and it just wasnt as fun as a merc as i had hoped, i liked fighting the pkers who came to raid the base, but as i had always liked BD i didnt like having to kill them.

so after a while i made the discission to move to my favourite faction Black Dragon, where i will reside proberbly until the servers get shut down.

moved to BD cos i liked the story line of them(drugs gambling killing) and that they had the (at the time anyway) 3 biggest factions as enemies in CM FA and TG which suitied me down to the ground

t0tt3
21-12-03, 14:25
Just tagged for Bio to do the epic hehe
Then I found a swede spoekhagbard that showed me PIMP
So I was there on one of the PIMP glory days =)
"pwnd SXR at simmons all the time, most of the time ;)"

evs
21-12-03, 15:08
im pp at the moment as im a carebear

Kimiko
21-12-03, 15:18
iirc i started as CA, back in Beta4. After a while I moved to FA and spent ages there (from beta4 to couple of months into retail) and when I came back I went BD for a while, and finally moved to TT for SSi.

\/ fear the sig.

LTA
21-12-03, 15:20
I made my tank NEXT to start with, once i got through leveling i was told by a FLUX tank i could join at rank 50 so i leveled my ass of to reach rank 50 then when i got there i couldn't find the flux tank.
During my search i got fataled on the subway and ended in oz where i met NeoFrog, i spoke to him for a bit and he told me stuff then i asked if i could join his clan and he letme in. From then i was Proto Pharma in The Ronins, then the foreign couter parts of the server decided to all allie and kill us.
This caused a large part of the clan to leave, then kk nerfed hybrids hard and NeoFrog left and the clan was kinda raped, Dust moved it to CA so i mkoved to ca and stay there.
As for my other chars well they were random chances or epic choices.

L0KI
21-12-03, 15:38
Crahn was my favourite faction (as 99.999% of Uranus will know)

However, I decided to move to Black Dragon simply because i KNOW in the future it will be the resistance against the eternal alliance (Tsunami, TG, FA - which populate 60% of the server).

sYn (my Crahn clan), after reaching 194 members, depleted and died into around 30 active members.

After The Regulators formed in Black Dragon, and I was asked by Akasha to join up to FLUX (also BD). I moved, and i will NEVER leave the faction (unless the new DoY factions take my fancy). Gotta love the amount of enemies BD have!

Darkborg
21-12-03, 15:59
ooh this brings back memories.

i started out as next a small month into retail. Me and 2 other RL freinds had an idea about making a clan that drove around in vehicles and raided so we of course went with next.
We had some good times. and also had a runin or 2 with the ronins as far as i can remember.
At the same time i went to pluto and started in FA because i now had a better idea of the game and i had alway wanted to try out fa, and i liked the idea of a 1 char server.
i played around with him a bit and then went back to uranus for a while.
Made a pure monk team with another of my rl freinds whom i had introduced to NC. ( this was in the very beginning of the pures).
we went tg because we wanted some pvp action.
i later went back too pluto and rerolled to a monk and found some of my old freinds and joined their tg clan and i have been playing with them since.

Dribble Joy
21-12-03, 16:07
Like the thread starter, I initially joined TT with the hope of guns and the like.
Spent a few weeks in the n00b sewers killing spiders and rats. (300 xp from a small rat!! WOOHOO!!!)
Then while bimbling about in plaza 2 and getting a mission, Tethryl asked me to join his clan.
OMG what an honour! Thus I became a member of the Technocratic Order.
Time passed, I lvled up, we did some OP fighting, I really can't remember much, I was lvling mostly, and talking, got my first Judge, and fell in love with the weapon as soon as i pulled the trigger for the first time.
met QD when he was either CA still or when he had just formed SSC in FA.
Became head of security, god knows why.
TCO started to fall apart, tehtryl was on less, the clan was old and a bit bored.
The high level players decided to quit before it totally went under.
We moved to CM and started the Skulls.
We had a good run, many OP fights vs uts (befoore they went back to TS) and the rest of TG, I'll never forget standing on the ridge at blackhill, and spotting xantor come round the corner of the cliff to the east.
'DJ, MOVE!!!!'
'huh?'
thwip
thwip
thwip
I'm on my back, damn sniping bastage.

Then for some reason, the Skulls just fell apart, could be due to the actions of our less that honourable fellow mercs the Wild Cards.
uts and SSC, not happy with their actions, camped MB, turning the walls red.
The roughs went to Saturn, and the Wild Cards were destroyed, think they are on saturn too now.
Skulls were not killed, but the feeliing in the air, whether we were disliked or not didn't matter.
People that had been there for ages drifted away.
DrDeath moved to Saturn, along with the clan leader Pariah, Ultrax went to pluto, SW dissapeared some where.
Angelsenior, he just vanished, I haven't heard or seen of him for months.
Ariall left, currently back in TT.
I was the only active member for months.

Then about a month ago, a familiar face came back, D.T.vaporizer.
We recruited a few people, then some more and then inject13 and a mate joined.
While we weren't strong enough to take a OP ourselves, some members of DTA in DRE gave us an offer, help then take some OPs and we give you ownership of Rockshore and Drakkan in payment.
First green on Uranus map for 5 months, they lasted about 18 hours, but netted us a bit of cash.
A few days ago, after being frustrated with the rank 15 and 14 members being inactive, I bought a CM clan key and began the new Skulls.
There are some other new Merc clans, but they are german speaking, so interaction is minimal, which is a shame.
CM is back on it's feet though, and after Chrsitmas we are going to have some fun.

J. Folsom
21-12-03, 16:20
Well, in the few months I played in beta 4 I really didn't get much chance to much, due to it being the end of beta, servers closing down, and me without fault picking the servers which were being closed down everytime for a new character, I can pretty much disregard that.

As for retail... On Pluto, I'm Crahn, always have been Crahn, always will be Crahn, though I haven't played on Pluto in ages.

On Saturn, my original character (James Folsom) started off as BioTech, but I got rid of him after being unable to log on for a few months, and then unable to effectively level with him due to specialization changes. He was a rifle spy, one of the first on Saturn, back in Tank-o-cron times, in which no one had heard of using cover yet (Well, that's a bit of an overstatement, but many people were like "OMG, you can kill WB's with a spy?!?!?")
Then I went Tangent with a new character, who's a droner (And the longest lasting of any of my characters... I'm sure some of you have seen John Folsom around), where he joined a clan, and later on joined a split off group of that clan. Which then turned out to have died once I'd been unable to play for a few months.
Most of my alts at that time were also Tangent, I had 4 Tangent characters at one point. But all of them have by now been replaced with other characters spread out through different factions. (Say hi to Jake, Jack, Jim, James, Jill and Jane Folsom :P)
Anyway, to continue with John... Killing TT was a rather popular occupation for people at that point, which is a bad thing if you were hanging around a lot in your faction HQ doing research missions. So I decided to switch him over to NEXT, hoping to find some more peace there while I was still capping.
That didn't really work out, so I switched over to FA, coincidentally at the time of there becoming more active PvP TT clans, which just shows my impeccable timing. Anyway I'm still FA now, and with the recent changes I can finally do my research missions in peace.

KimmyG
21-12-03, 16:57
Faction - Relations
CityAdmin - Hostile
Diamond Real Estate - Hostile
N.E.X.T. - Neutral
Tangent Technologies - Neutral
BioTech - Allied
Protopharma - Allied
Tsunami Syndicate - Hostile
Black Dragon - Allied
Crahn Sect - Allied
City Mercs - Hostile
Fallen Angels - Hostile
Twilight Guardian - Hostile

This is how I became BD

Doc Holliday
21-12-03, 17:04
wow theres alot of people who started tangent. Same here and enjoyed every minute of it. My first clan was deathrow and hats off to all of em they were smooth people. they stayed out of the whole apas alliance thing. sadly they disbanded shortly after i joined. we then saved hard and formed a small clan of tangent purely to level together and share resources. that got boring but we ended up merging with the shades ( shadow warriors ) and ran with it for a few months. alot of members in that clan were none pvp at the time. i got bored and told em i was leaving and had been offered to go to cobra which was ts at the time. eventually stayed tangent for the better part of a 4 months. Formed the Regulators and managed to make a nice sized clan. had some awesome fights vs uTs on od occasions synchs and others but sadly the clan got too big for me to manage and ended up falling apart due to internal strife amongst members. alot of members at that stage left the game. some formed a small tt clan of their own. i quit as faction head of tt at the time. moved to black dragon. i love it here. the seedy side of the server as it were plus the option of killing so many clans i dont like. We formed a small clan called the dopesmugglaz ( nice name for black dragon i thought and mainly pked with no real op fighting ) Then after a short jaunt over to run with rabbi in sYn as a crahn i moved back to black dragon and decided to reform the regulators as black dragon. this is where i will stay no matter what. i enjoy the faction too much to leave again.

after proof reading it really makes me look like a clan hopping whore and this is all in a years gaming.

MkVenner
21-12-03, 17:19
i started back in June as CA coz i just wanted to get in and play...but then i got taken by a clan (Division as it was back then) and ive never changed...now all 8 alts r in CA

Duder
21-12-03, 17:26
Started as Biotech Pistol PE, then a turned into a Fallen Angel Tank, i dont really remember much after that.

Then... i think i joined some next clan and then CM for some reason, dont remember the clan or Lethys strange enough, after some booze later i joined TeCH, then uh, dunno CA?
After that i joined the Pats, they broke up, joined that big TG clan, was then tempted to join PIMP, which i later did...was a fun time till they died...well they are alive now but eh.

Then i joined crackheads i think, after that Flyl's BD clan, then turned Tangent and joined SSi, then i returned to Black Dragon and im unclanned which i think is fine for me.

Wow wasnt that interesting.

Strangly enough, ive never got ganked by the old beta Crackheads, maybe insidious wolf a few times but it was always fun hunting him down, and in early retail ive got ganked by Shotgun numerous times in the Outzones, which was fine.

El Barto
21-12-03, 17:35
I started off TT cos a m8 of mine was that faction, was in it for under 5 mins cos I joined Psy-Net in Biotech, so be came Biotech, then Psy-Net went to PP so I went with, then epics came out and I went Biotech for the chip then CMs to start my own clan then when that fell apart stayed CM for a while, went NEXT, to join a clan, then back to CM cos we moved the clan there, then I went off and became an epic hoe cos some one told me it increases ur rank (which is not true), so I did all the city faction epics then came back to CMs and plan on staying CMs forever and a day.

ServeX
21-12-03, 18:52
I started off as Fallen Angels to join restas (III IIIII) current clan which was led by several people who player anarchy online with me, but they ended up leaving FRE, and so I figured I'd follow them since they were my good friends at the time. We ended up not getting along so well but by that time it was already retail and they had formed RPD. I started off as TT in retail but soon realised how overpopulated the city factions were and decided to go TG, my TG clan fell apart rather quickly and I didn't want to join Crackheads so I joined Debo's clan, Unkown Killaz, he got banned within 3 days of me joining it, but I figured I would continue leading it, that didn't go so well due to internal problems among members not getting along with one another. (I met elkdor in UK though, so it wasn't all bad.) Following that Elkdor and I had wanted to make a new clan for good pvpers but we didn't really know what to do, join an existing clan or make our own, so we made a clan called oZ which lasted for about 2 minutes and then we figured we'd join an existing clan instead. We joined STORM which at the time was very powerful, and although we liked it we didn't think it was quite for us. We then joined KoS (megamans clan), where I met woopin, but although I absolutely loved the clan it sort of died due to some female players arguing in clan chat 24/7 but I won't mention any names. Once it died we decided to join CSM and we were only in CSM for one day. I liked CSM, but I really didn't like the leadership in the clan. So elkdor and I decided to leave and we formed The Resistance. Luckily Elkdor had met the original Harbodus in CSM, and so harbodus followed, kazper and several others from previous clans also came along as well. PCP was going to be the coleader of The Resistance so he helped me get a bunch of good pvpers and other people, including muumi, nixon, uho. PCP missed crackheads though so he would join us every other day, which didn't make any sense to me. And one day he asked if he could rejoin permanently and get leadership but I told him that I wouldn't do that, that I didn't think hes reliable since he kept going back and forth between crackheads and TR. So crackheads switched to tsunami to kill us, not realizing that TG is neutral with TS. TR lasted for a long time, but pretty much died out of inactivity. At that point I quit for a while, and later when I reactivated I created TA which was powerful, but there was a definite lack of PPUs which was one of the major factors that led to it dieing. I quit again after TA died, and when I came back factions were much different, NDA was disbanded, TG was much more populated, crahn was powerful, and crackheads sort of went inactive I think. I had intended on staying TG initially, evne though it was overpopulated because TG is what I stand for in an RP sense, freedom and liberation, but apparently TG didn't like me as much because FF pked me several times for absolutely no reason. So I figured I'd go TT to kill them, and thats where I am now. And I might add that NDA is a great clan despite how I felt back when I was in TG.

kurai
21-12-03, 19:41
Started off in Biotech at the start of retail ... I liked the sound of all that cyber-punky bio-engineering shiznit :D

Spent ages as an independant unclanned tradeskiller, with the aim of not getting involved in PvP till I was of a decent level.

Eventually I reached that dreaded INT 80 brick wall, at which point tradeskilling becomes pretty much worthless for levelling.

Put some points in rifle, and started going to Cycrow to level - one day I got PK'ed at GR by a Crackhead for the umpteenth time and verbally ripped into him - eventually it calmed down and we started talking sensibly and we eventually agreed RPK'ing was just lame, and decided to start up our own clan ... NCIA, in Fallen Angels.

Spent a month or two doing that till the co-founder quit, and there weren't many members left - eventually I disbanded it, and transformed the clan into the now legendary (;)) One Man Clan [ "Yep ... it's only me. Stop staring" ]

Epic hopped a bit and ended up as PP for a month or so coz I couldn't be bothered to switch back to FA.

Then the N.D.A./NATO thing happened, and in I eventually capitulated to Serve's relentless badgering and joined his TG clan in protest :D

That eventually ran it's course, so I joined The Gang ... eventually that ended too, so a bunch of us now rootless people got together to form Spirit of 2726.

Haven't looked back since - the other clan experiences were good, but Spirit beats them all hands down.
Nothing is better than playing the game with a bunch of like minded friends purely for the joy of fighting together.

ServeX
21-12-03, 20:56
Kurai <3

SamuraiPizzaCat
21-12-03, 21:17
On Pluto I started out as a CM Tank. Leveled, got PKed, ran into tactics, died, ran into ying, died, got PKed more. Joined a FA clan for like 2 days (Alex M's clan i can remember the name). Got killed by TTs @ MB cause i was FA... Quit the FA clan. Joined The Gang. Had LOTS of fun with them. They left. Did some Faction hopping for Epics. Ended up goin back to TG when The Gang came back. Had some fun for a while again. Gang left again. Rerolled to Proto Pharma PE. Thats where I am now, gonna switch to Biotech when I can and do the epic. Then maybe ... BD FL PE Peekar :p

McEvoy
21-12-03, 21:25
I started in City Adminastraition, Like most scared new comers to Neocron. I thought maybe getting a job in the law enforcment would increase my chances at safety and sequrity. Well i wasn't wrong I was safe... but bored. To much clearical work, they had me cleaning the sewers and delivering boxes.
So soon after that, I met up with a Clan from Tangent who impressed me greatly, it was only starting when I joined, under the strong leadership of Lore. So i put in my transfer to the Tangent Weapons corporation, and resigned from the City Admin.
Clan Vnox did well in Op wars and reputation, soon though many of the clan members started to feel to weight of the city bearing down on them.
Many of us along followed Lore and escaped to Tech Haven, there we formed a small militant Fallen Angel clan, Mortis Liego. This clan prospered aswell, but Lore still felt that the tiranee of the City must be quenched. Lore and his close advisors moved on to the Twilight Gardians and formed what is now known as Freedom Force.
I left clan life for awhile and stayed in Tech Haven with the other Angels. around this time i also started hacking stray belts in the waists and putting together the Greenhouse. I joined the Tech Haven Security Council lead by Trillian our Sexy leader. That was great and also powerful soon after THSC broke up and left to form SXR in the City Admin, I had already pledged my devotion to The Fallen Angels and Tech Haven so I stayed behind.
Alone on my own, I devoted more time to the Greenhouse. Soon afterwords I opened it to the public, to supply new citizens in the city with Free equipment so they didnt need to feel dependant on Rezza. after awhile Trillian came back to her sexy sences and rejoined the Fallen Angels, claimeing to have gone to the city-side to get secret information, such is the way of of Fallen Angel spys. So THSC was rebilt and soon after that was the rebirth of Tech Haven and the Angels renaissance.

shrubbery
22-12-03, 01:49
Well when I first started off I was aiming to pick Black Dragon, but then for some odd reason I figured the faction would be full of asians, and well that wouldn't work.. don't ask.

So then I chose Tangent Technologies, cause i figured it would be cool to represent them, and since they made guns, they must be powerful..and stuff =P

But then soon after I learned more about the game, I went Black Dragon again, and have been ever since. I like em cause life is hard, a challenge and it's muchos fun. I like plagueing the silly city admins.

Oath
22-12-03, 02:05
First faction..

city admin - tangeant tech - protopharma - biotech - tg - fa - bd - etc etc......

Im currently Tsunami, looking to move again.

naimex
22-12-03, 02:09
because i like the name FALLEN ANGELS FALLEN ANGELS FALLEN ANGELS
because i like the location nice view over the "hopefully someday" snowy peaks of the mountains
because i am an angel, but im bad... bad + angel = Fallen Angel :/ or summet :P

Felissa
22-12-03, 02:14
When I started I was not sure about FA or NEXT, but I decided for NEXT as the first time I got a bit scared about the warning that it is nothing for newbs. After some time I met some RPers and made up an story and this story made me staying N.E.X.T.

I have other chars in BioTech and Tsunami, all with RP background and for RPing. Tried Crahn, but didn't survive to get out of the app. At that time Agressors were in Outzone 1, and one of them just outside my app...

wun
22-12-03, 03:26
don't remember what i was in beta... i think first time TT and then after the char wipe BD... ( i just remember the PP apt)...

first and only beta clan was EdgeRunners... ending up becoming co-sub-leader :p

retail was TG from get go with EOB.. since i hung out with EOB during beta cos they had some cool ppl (amfest, hakusho,photcron,kaen,nightwing and few more... ) after a few months of alot of OP fighting and internal bullshit (crackheads (who were TG then) didn't like our leadership and put us on KOS) we moved the clan to FA.... we eventually broke up... (leaders left game) most of active EOB went to TR i think.... i stayed FA.... i liked the idea behind FA...

so i was solo for monhts just lvling slowly and collecting stuff...

joined blue tech in FA... then as a clan we moved to NEXT.. then back to FA, then with a name change (black tech) and a char reroll to TS... we split (very sad to see a beta3 clan go) and i went PP for the epic then back to FA with THSC...

and that's that... i like what FA is and stands for... if i had to choose another faction it would be BD... if i had the time i would play my BD char on saturn... (hasn't been touched in like 5 months)..

L0KI
22-12-03, 03:28
Started NEXT, forgot why. o_O

Selendor
22-12-03, 03:31
Its interesting reading through the winding paths you have all taken. Mine reads like this:

November 2002 - Started Neocron, joined City Admin...

...Present Day - Still with City Admin.

Not trying to dis you faction hoppers of course, you've changed for all sorts of interesting reasons. But I'm proud to have served the City Admin through the good and bad times.

KramerTheWeird
22-12-03, 03:37
Well a lot of people joined factions and with different expectations for what they were supposed to offer. Good cases are Tangent with weapons, CA with better security, and CM with mercenary work.

Drake6k
22-12-03, 03:55
I was TT in beta but never made it into a clan or past rank 30.
Started TT in retail and joined the Khans, stayed with them until I capped. Left with some friends to start TAG as NEXT. We grew in size and became a rather big and active clan before we started break up. To be able to enter DoY and try the other side of pvp we switched to Fallen Angels. Were active enough for a while and a good group of friends but still most of the members left the game. Rest of TAG ened up joining DarK. After DarK moved Crahn and I got really bored I moved over to them (Rest of FA sucked greatly). I know a bunch of the members and we're on the same Ventrilo lol. Stayed for a while but just got bored with the one character I started with, Jack Drake. So I got rid of that account... and now I'm stuck with my FA apu monk... and I'm bored shitless waiting for Neptune so I can start Jack Drake again... *sigh* to lazy to change factions....

g0rt
22-12-03, 05:00
Hrmm lets see..

Started in beta4 as Tangent Tech....brought that into retail with me for the same reason Vet picked CA. Also I figured there would be some kind of faction bonus, and since tangent made weapons, I figured that would be great. How wrong I was.

Soon a friend made a CA clan so I joined his clan, which made me CA. I played in CA for awhile for fun. I soon got bored of city factions and was getting fairly high level, so me and my two rl friends playing the game moved to CM to try and get an out-of-city experiance.

Unfortunately we got tired of CM fast, there was too much SL loss. We decided we would join the bad guys and go TG. It was new to us to be red to almost everyone (at that time anyway, 90% of the server was city-based). We played in TG for awhile until finally realising the only good faction in the game is BD. We went BD and made our own clan, by this time I had 5 other RL friends also playing the game. We had alot of fun in that BD clan, until the day came where I became bored of Pluto.

DoY had been promised and waas not coming, so all my rl friends left the game. Every single one. For about 2 months it was JUST ME, and I was bored of pluto, so I immediatly started a PE on saturn, my first non-monk character. I leveled my PE in about 3 weeks fighting nothing but fire mobs. Yes 0/2 to cap without going in a cave. But it was good, good for money, good for techs, etc....(at this time techs were still dropping like grains of sand so i was getting a good 50 techs a day leveling)

I started on Saturn as biotech to do the epic, then went proto to do the epic (epics had just came out) then went back to BD and started attempting to PK on what I thaught was a kickass PE, but in reality was a gimped to hell PE. Anyways, pking as a BD was fun on saturn back in the day I started.

To this day that char has been BD. I played solo for a LONG TIME on saturn, all my rl friends came back and we had a good time. But then they all quit again (bunch of quitters im telling U :P) so I made friends with rizzy/divide/mag/etc the whole ND crew, so I moved to TG to join them since I was getting bored of playing alone. Still, my PE remained BD even though I switched all my other chars to TG.

Lately, a movement started by Promethius encouraged me and many others to move fully BACK to Black Dragon. Currently all my chars on Saturn are black dragon. The clan we started first had about 5 people in it. Within 2 weeks we had 50+ members. Hopefully BD will be around for a long time now on Saturn, as long as we can keep up what we're doing...despite having to fight FA/TG/CM/CA/CS for ops.

Psychoninja
22-12-03, 05:12
Don't remember what faction I was in Beta tbh.
It was either CA/BD/TS
Started retail and went straight to FA. I wanted to try something new and not so newbish. I spent a long time in FA, and joined TeCH at the beginning. Jumped from clan to clan with my buddy X. Went Proto when the epics came out and actually stayed there in proto for a while, didn't really have anywhere to go. After a while I went TG and spent a little time there. Right now I'm BD and if all goes right, I'll stay with BD for a while.

This doesn't count my faction jumps due to epics. Thats too hard to list =P

I still hang out with the people I first started off with in retail, and still friends with alot of the people I met between then and now. Hostile faction or not, I will still try to kill them, they don't take it personal, and neither do it ;)

I actually went from carebear-ish(I didn't PK much) newb helper to Mr. Lets barrel PP.....

:angel:

fatwreck
22-12-03, 06:30
i started as a CM on my tank in M.A.F.I.A. when that clan was first made, did that for a while... fun op wars with L.P. syncs uTs even roughnecks and skulls at the end of my CM time. then went CA when us and cobra were gonna merge... but never really did. then i started my apu as BD cause i wanted a 2 man ppu/apu clan back in june when no one was BD. i made -=cartel=- on uranus in late june and ive been BD ever since. its the most fun faction ive been having over half the server as an enemy at the time. im hoping DoY brings an all red faction otherwise im staying BD or TG.

on saturn i have a newb TG monk and a TS PE but no real reason for their factions

dr.fish
22-12-03, 12:38
all my chars had been Tsu since i play ( beginning of retail ) but since LoD went inactive and there is no other Tsu clan on saturn so i joined TT ( templars ) to gank the hell outta TG cuz there was too many of them and i wanted to try and balance things out.
But even if i'm not in the clan LoD anymore i still belong to the LoD community which has spread to other games now, and will always be.

greetz, fish

GT_Rince
22-12-03, 16:47
I started out as NEXT in Beta, so when I started playing in retail, I was also NEXT. 1st clan I joined in retail was Auriga. Stayed with Auriga until the clan disbanded 'cos Paradroid did a runner :D We decided that as Maas Neotek were our allies, we would merge both clans and formed MAXT (Maas Auriga XTended :D). Made even more good friends in there, but eventually I started getting the itch for seeing what it would be like playing the 'bad guys' and I changed to TG where I joined the Patriots. I have got to say, that was probably amongst the most fun I have had.

As Pats was just a small clan (only 11 peeps when I joined) it made for a good fighting unit but we mostly helped TR and other TG allies. Sadly, Opiate left the clan and NC for a break - this led to the clan eventually disbanding. Eventually, I joined TR after being unclanned for a short while (and much perstering... :D). Was good for a short while, but got far too big for me and the machine started to break down. I had noticed about this time that The Gang had come back (I remembered them from ages back as well :D). I PM'ed Russian and asked to join, which I did. Sadly again, The Gang disbanded after a couple of months (was it that long?). Then Spirit was formed by the existing members. Around this time I was getting a little bored and was also starting a new company, so left for 3-4 months. Came back, but realised that what was missing (for me) was more peeps, so I logged out of Pluto and into Saturn. I have started characters there now as NEXT again - back to the faction I originally started as :)

ServeX
22-12-03, 17:03
rince <3

Carinth
22-12-03, 20:45
All my characters started as Tsunami. In beta this was because Tsunami's got the best apartment. An 8 cab starter is pretty sweet, even if you hafta run through pp to get to it. After a while though I got to like being Tsunami. For a bit I was indoctrinated into Biotech by Alizom, but then I got back to Tsunami. The hostile/allied factions aren't very good, but I love the Tsunami style.