PDA

View Full Version : teamspeak ?

greploco
21-12-03, 02:42
ok, I could look all this up and test out the various programs --- but I'm lazay so I'll use you uber computer genius forum readers

I'm hearing more and more about these utilities that allow speking during the game

so what's up?

0) so what are and where are these programs? which one do you like / use ?

1) what kind of system requirements are needed? currently I'm on an older pc, it's it going to tax my system so my fps drops from like 8 to 4 ?

2) I assume these things are programs totally separate from any game environments right ? there is no tie-in to the nc environment?

3) from reading other threads there is some mention of a "server". so these things are not peer to peer ? they require that someone be assigned the role of server to everone talking to each other ?

4) so I assume you guys use headsets for this ? one headset is as good as another ?

5) do these utilities crash a lot ?

Dont Mess
21-12-03, 03:30
er they work fine hardly ever crash one is called Teamspeak whiich is good and easy 2 use not that stable, sometimes hard 2 hear the other person (not that often tho) the other is Ventrillo i dont use this 1 much but its the more stable.

u can get them at www.teamspeak.org and www.ventrilo.com

they dont really mess up yr FPS, well only on a bad day

u need a mic a head set is optional, up 2 u what u get i just use a normal creative mic which gets annoying 2 hold and shit

wen pple say servers it means that they are hosting it some pay some are public and free to have yr own u have 2 pay i think ive never set 1 up before and u can password it aswell.

thats about it have fun and if u get Teamspeak then DM me in game coz i know a public server on that.

Revslad
21-12-03, 03:36
0) i use teamspeak , but a program called ventrillo is good too
www.teamspeak.org or http://www.ventrilo.com/

1) i guess it would run on an older pc doesnt use mych cpu
powah either

2) these programs have nothing to do with neocron

3) people can host there own servers or you can join public ones
most servers are run by clans

4) you dont need a headset you can just have speakers and a
mic , but you will get some feedback.

5) teamspeak has never crashed once since install like ages ago

there ya go ya lazy bum :rolleyes:

greploco
22-12-03, 15:05
many takns :)

dr.fish
22-12-03, 17:33
comes out to be very useful in clan organisation, u should definitly get one of these progs.