PDA

View Full Version : turret drop idea

greploco
21-12-03, 02:12
have been seeing a lot of complaints about turret dropping in op wars

how about if there was something like where dropping a turret would give you 10% SI

sort of makes sense, setting up a turret could be a difficult thing to do, exhausting

that's enough SI to _really_ cut down on turret droping but not all that much so it's not totally annoying to place turrets at an op

and at 10% someone could manage to drop one turret and then battle a little bit with the penalty --- if it's moderatly used turret drop is kind of interesting in an op war

\\Fényx//
21-12-03, 02:14
what a crap idea . . .

sorry but why not go with teh majority and make a construction time for dropping turrets . ..

TheDuckMan
21-12-03, 02:22
I know... make all the tangets on saturn get turrents for free. O no wait there the ones that abuse turrents in the first place (if you are tanget and you dont abuse turrents, that was directed towards you.)

Anyways I never heard of the construction time idea but it sounds like a good one. You would just have to make it take about 2 minutes to place a turrent because of stealth 3 (lasts a longgggg time)

Ascension
21-12-03, 02:26
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
what a crap idea . . .

sorry but why not go with teh majority and make a construction time for dropping turrets . ..

Yeah, teh construction idea is better...
Anyone Like the Idea of Having sum construct skill will speed up the turret construction time?

KimmyG
21-12-03, 02:30
Originally posted by TheDuckMan
I know... make all the tangets on saturn get turrents for free. O no wait there the ones that abuse turrents in the first place (if you are tanget and you dont abuse turrents, that was directed towards you.)

What they do you can do and if dont cause of honor or something like that GG enjoy and honorable lose.

Bottom line on turrents they got one use and that is it put down in the heat of battle if you can stop and drop in mid fight take them out of the game cause they will be useless.

greploco
21-12-03, 02:45
>>> what a crap idea . . .

jesus. no, don't hold back - tell me what you really think

synap vs construction time, I'd have to go with both

\\Fényx//
21-12-03, 03:40
Originally posted by greploco
>>> what a crap idea . . .

jesus. no, don't hold back - tell me what you really think

doing that would get me banned you (edited as to not violate the forum r00lz)

cmon for christs sake, 10% synapse, thats gonna take the armour off nearly ever char, plus make EVERYONE unable to use their primary weapons, make them run like shit as their probably encumberd, personally, as stated above, i think synapse from making a turret is a crap idea, whereas placing a turret and having a CONSTRUCTION time for MAKING a turrets gonna make more fuckin sense . . . being unable to move as your making a static object. . . that ALSO makes sense

DING DIDLY FUCK ME THERES A IDEA AND A HALF !!!

but alas, everyone ignores me, im an asshat, just click that 'ignore user' icon like the other 10 neocron players that use the forums :rolleyes:

[edit #197091278490877345092345] no offence personally, as i dont know who the hell you are, but. . . i just think the idea sux |:

Shadow Dancer
21-12-03, 03:43
Fenyx are you alright? lol

I think their should be a construction timer as well. Best idea so far.

Psycho Killa
21-12-03, 03:44
That reminds me I should update my sig...... thats from when I was tg on pluto :eek: holy crap that was a long ass time ago.

Construction timer is good synaptic is just plain retarded. If anymore imparement is implemented into the game im going to shoot myself and cancel my account. I almost had a stroke dealing with generep imparement.

you should not be able to put down a turret while stealthed either thats plain out fuckin retarded. Stealth is for spying and saving your ass. Not inflicting a heavy blow against the enemy while ur in invisible mode.

\\Fényx//
21-12-03, 04:06
Originally posted by Psycho Killa
Fenyx are you alright? lol

am i ever ?

celebrating being skint, unemployed and hated by aot of my 'mates' be getting FUCKING LASHED at my 'true mates' expense . . . O_o

Originally posted by Psycho Killa
That reminds me I should update my sig...... thats from when I was tg on pluto holy crap that was a long ass time ago.

Construction timer is good synaptic is just plain retarded. If anymore imparement is implemented into the game im going to shoot myself and cancel my account. I almost had a stroke dealing with generep imparement.

you should not be able to put down a turret while stealthed either thats plain out fuckin retarded. Stealth is for spying and saving your ass. Not inflicting a heavy blow against the enemy while ur in invisible mode.

Stealth turrets, DONT get me started, atleast ghave some fucking bollocks when your gonna run into a group of 15 enemies to drop a stun turret, do it UNSTEALTHED DAMN IT instead of taking advantage of the b0rked game mechanics (A.K.A ex-fucking-ploiting)

Stealth, the BEST defence by far, it blacks out your 'weapons' cause of the fact its THE BEST DEFENCE possible as in NO FUCKER CAN SEE YOU. yet turrets, stun turrets and gat 3's in particular, are damn dangerous and effective weapons and means of attack, yet stealthers that cant use weapons cause of their stealth can fucking use turrets... utter codshit imo if you even botherd to read this far down my post . . .

O_o . . . yea . . .

Psycho Killa
21-12-03, 04:31
You drunk thats not me in the first quote lol.

TheDuckMan
21-12-03, 04:38
or maybe some special ammo or gun, that if shot at a turrent will cause it to short circuit. and put it out of commission for, lets say about 10 minutes.

greploco
21-12-03, 05:37
>>>> 10% synapse, thats gonna take the armour off nearly
>>>> ever char, plus make EVERYONE unable to use their
>>>> primary weapons.....

ya, I know. would be quite a reasonable penalty for being able to lay down a death dealing lvl 100-120 turret

it's not that bad, a tank for example can set up his TC such that he can expload from genrep synap firing a TPC with most of his/her duranium active

and you could lighten the load so that 10% synap wouldn't encummber you

used to do that back in the day when GRs weren't locked and you had to open them up when the opposing team had them camped

oh well, it's all just pissing in the wind --- discussing hypothetical shite like this seems to pointless --- anyway, just wanted to let you know that I considered the stuff you said when I posted this