PDA

View Full Version : Brain port: Trade Drones

McEvoy
21-12-03, 00:12
It just sorta popped into my head,

why not make an Implant Drone , Hack Drone ? Droners with skill in hack or implan trade skills can use these drones to run threw a sector that may have "unfriendlys" without feer of ganking and poke or hack belts.

im dont have this tottally worked out yet, but theres definatly an idea here.

Psycho_Soldier
21-12-03, 00:13
No. It would be used just to piss people off and have no consequences whatsoever to the user. Unless of course you want to add consequences. Oh yes, how about if the drone dies, the user dies and can't be rezzed. ;)

Whitestuff
21-12-03, 00:15
Yeah. When you hack a belt it picks up the item. Then when you pick the drone up, the item appears in your inventory. But I see no reason for poke drones that is really practical. But it sounds cool.

McEvoy
21-12-03, 00:18
lol yeah, it just seems like a cute thing, hack drones could also be used to transport items to other runners.

im just trying to think of things to get more droners back in the game, i never see them anymore

Psycho_Soldier
21-12-03, 00:23
Hack Drones, to me sounds really lame. Since you don't have to take a real risk to try and get the belt and also you could hack a op without any consequences at all except MAYBE losing a drone... :rolleyes:

McEvoy
21-12-03, 00:38
Originally posted by Psycho_Soldier
Hack Drones, to me sounds really lame. Since you don't have to take a real risk to try and get the belt and also you could hack a op without any consequences at all except MAYBE losing a drone... :rolleyes:

But would a spy be able to split up a hight lvl drone job an acceptable Hack skill to take down an OP? if thats the feer make the drones a good lvl, so you wont be able to be too great with the trade skill? like i said trying to work it out, not just trash the idea ;)

Judge
21-12-03, 02:28
I really like the idea of having trade drones, and also drones that can cross zone boundaires.... but none of these drones should ahve any sort of weaponary at all.... make them for the droner about town. :p

renton
21-12-03, 06:06
what id ilke to see are dmg booster drones. if they had the same rules as kami drones and did a aoe dmg booster effect on destruction dat would be pritty sweet!
2 nc

/marty

Heavyporker
22-12-03, 02:57
tradeskill drones, no...

but transport drones, oh, FUCK YES. IF the transport drones has to have a hack interface built in for taking those tech containers...

Make it so that for the price of having a hack/transport drone, you have to have 2x the hack needed to succeed in hacking the corpse... so - for a warbot, a droner would need about 100 hack and at least 60 INT to have same success as someone with 50 Hack and 60 INT that has to personally hack the warbot in person.

This wuold also stop droners from remotely hacking OPs, aside from the drone restrictions I would put on. I mean, fuck, you'd need like 230 hack to succeed in that!

For each level of hack/transport drone (there would be three levels), it'd have TL 25 * 1.5 * drone level (1, 2, or 3) meaning that essentially the drone would have the the skill of 37.5 TRA for each level of drone and the ability to go UP to 37.5 hack ability per drone level. Meaning that whoever controls the drone can have it carry so much and be able to hack up to so much.

Meaning that a noob droner with a first level transport drone can't hack warbots or carry, say, five vec parts (only 37.5 tra/hack ceiling)... but someone controlling a third level drone could remotely hack warbots and carry like 25 vec parts with it (112.5 tra/hack ceiling on third level) .

The noob droner could, however, hack doors and hack boxes/loot boxes. Certainly a worthwhile use!

Maybe there could be an epic-runish mission to get the fourth level transport drone from NExT/FA that is essentially a remote-control vehicle (HIGH transport and quite decent armor), that would let the droner get up to 210 TRA and 210 Hack.

The transport drones would be in the class of heavy drones (slow and low-flying) and also suffer from low armor - if the drone blows up, it loses all its loot inside it.

Let me re-iterate - just having the drone be able to get up to a level of hack does not mean the droner can hack that well - its only the CEILING of the hack access, like a TL 90 remote implant tool means a poker can't poke MC5 chips even IF he had the skill to poke them...

dmon99
22-12-03, 23:23
the hover drones we got now are fun but how bout some rc car bombs like maybe a high speed ground bound camera or kami drone a smill tank drone that has a powerfull blast but a shitty rate of fire and quick ammo consumption...............

and wile your at it make a new hack device that hack robot mobs i.e. warbots , cyberguards, houndbots lol after you kill em you cannot hack their loot they must be hacked with the new hack device ..... they get back up and you control them like a drone and see through their eyes and have access to their weapons but they cannot be healed/sheltered .. like a drone cant...

maybe only give em half their original health

and may be a spell for psi's that works like the soulcluster spells
once cast organic creatures become under the psi's influence then cast the same spell at an enemy runner or mob for the controlled mob to attack said enemy or mob maybe only make it last 3 minutes then the mob would come to its senses an go straight for the ppu that casted the spell forcing the ppu to cast it again but definitly give it a ressurection type cast time or maybe a rare soulcluster spell holy apparition like the worm tunnel boss make it invisible

Chicane
23-12-03, 00:14
A way to transport and loot would be great. I can take out things more then twice my level but I can't get the loot most the time without them or their friends respawning and killing me.

But how many droners are there? I play on Saturn and have only seen 2 others in like 20 days and not one outside of neocron.

SeXy Happy
23-12-03, 00:19
Yeah transport would be awesome. And yes there are rarely any droners on. There are a lot of minuses to being droners that most arent willing to try it.

I love it though! :)

Chicane
23-12-03, 00:35
I need to find some other droners to group with and some people that want to run loot. 4 droners can keep an area pretty clean and safe and then if we had some people that would run loot and split the profit we could make a ton. I have only been playing for a few weeks and im only 11/22 and can take down lvl 50 mech spiders without loosing a drone. But if I had some help I could get much more out of it but I still can run loot and kill at the same time :(

This is my first character and I could not stand playing without at least some droning ability.