PDA

View Full Version : Stealth Device

Haxxor
21-12-03, 00:00
What is this suppose to do?

PvM its useless once the mob sees you, then you stealth "become invisble" they still see you.

PvP works better but lately ive been stealthing whilst under attack and i get pked while stealthed (not by AOE before anyone asks)

Its seems like one of them KK things. " Most ppl use it, but we cant fix it"
So rather than remove it leave it in

dont get me wrong it does have good points such as sneaking past Enemys (if they havent got True Sight).

McEvoy
21-12-03, 00:16
i havent used my stelth much laitly, but it has saved my life many times. I do agree with you about monsters still seeing you after you've stealthed, i hope KK can fix that cause ... cause i dont want to die :(

athon
21-12-03, 03:10
Stealth is good for:

1) Avoiding getting PKd when GRing.

2) Recon: Stealth, dodge round the wall, report what you see to your team.

3) Running away.

I think the reason why you're still getting PKd while stealthed is monks. Monks have a horrible ability to be able to cast and not have to hold target. If they target you and start casting just as you stealth then whatever they are attacking you with still hits you. Nasty.

Athon Solo

IceStorm
21-12-03, 03:18
I use Obliterator all the time while driving around the wastes. Stops me from getting whacked by those Hoverbots and Y.troopers when the game engine doesn't decide to show them to me until I'm right on top of them.

I use Stealth III after hacking a Warbot to avoid having one spawn right behind me while I'm moving to a safe location to recycle/clone.

All I do is PvM and explore. I do wish Stealth removed one from monster radar. Even as it is it's useful, long as one thinks before using it.

Drake6k
21-12-03, 03:52
It's very helpful and cheap in small areas like pp and TH. In the middle of a fight you can stealth and find a nice corner to go sit in and shoot them in the back nice and good before they can find you. I used it to damage boost/lib ownage back when I was a pe.

-=Blasehase=-
21-12-03, 04:42
its also usefull if u r freezed to get the antidrug working...

this is 90% of the using i do

Menolak
21-12-03, 04:47
well a lot of bug goes along using stelth..Did you guys know that a first love was AOE?? shoot at someone whos stealth with it and youll kill it anyway.. and oh.. yeah people can see you from far far away cause of the blue smoke too.. the short delay before it "cast"... ANd THE FUCKING MONK BUG!

SynC_187
22-12-03, 13:54
Originally posted by Menolak
ANd THE FUCKING MONK BUG!

Its not always a bug. You use a FA on someone and they stealth while on fire. You still see the fire (as you should do), so you know where they are. If you know where someone is why shouldn't you be able to hit them (this should apply for all weapons not just monks)?

Archeus
22-12-03, 15:45
There appears to be some people can see stealth better then others.

If a stealther comes within close range to me I can see thier blue cloud as if they were standing right in front of me. From range to me the cloud just vanishes totally. Even a drone wont see it from range for me. :/

I have had on two occasions a person chase me (a tank) and they acted as if I wasn't stealthed at all. They knew exactly were I was from long range, despite stealthing before popping my head up and followed me and attacked with area effect weapon to try and kill me.

It was as if they knew where the area I was in from a long range, and when they were close they would use the weapon.

I thought my stealth had run out or something but everything was inactive.

garyu69
22-12-03, 15:57
You can stealth after a mob see's you and still get away a lot of the time. I was able to run round stealthing in and out at MC5 and last for ages