PDA

View Full Version : where PPU's Meant to cap there weapons ?

Ryuben
20-12-03, 15:05
just a question as i don't think KK inteded PPU's to cap there weapons.

Well i don't cap all my weapons...and thats with a gimped pool ( <350)

just wondering a offical word would be nice.

ino
20-12-03, 15:24
Well you can cap heal, shelter, heal sanctum, holy para, anti poison sanct. But to cap the buffs who isnt bpable is pretty hard.. And you need slots or aloot of ppu to cap heal and shelter cause the quality cap on the higher tl heals and so on is so damn low :(.. the Group spells I dont know if you can cap.. and I dont see anyone capping Holy Shelter sanctum at like what tl 117?. Never built one but whats the quality cap on that one below 80?

jernau
20-12-03, 15:48
If you mean all stats then "who can cap all their weapons?" is a better question.

Eledhbrant
20-12-03, 19:23
Cap heals, shields, antipoison sanc, dont cap rare sancs.

Pool of 379 as is visible in previous screenies of me.

I poke TL 115...

renton
21-12-03, 04:09
caping the anti posion sanctum is easy (and gives me a better rank than a caped hp, which is strange if u look at the tl of the spells) so to is the hp.

with a good set up u can cap a holy heal at only 3 slots, shelters and deflectors need to b bout 4 + slots to get fully caped

so yea u can cap yer spells pritty easy, but u gotta waste yer time making 100+ spells :p personally i dont have caped shelter but i dont think it realy makes much difference, ur still un killible with a 3 slotter.

2 nc

/marty

nonamebrandeggs
21-12-03, 04:10
You should be able to IMO :) :).................................................................................................. ............

Shadow Dancer
21-12-03, 04:11
Renton that quote in your sig, is it real?

\\Fényx//
21-12-03, 04:14
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Renton that quote in your sig, is it real?

Yes . . .

The CEO of Nvidia also called the CEO of ATI a fool for thinking they can out-do NVidia's stability and compatibility :p

jernau
21-12-03, 04:54
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
Yes . . .

The CEO of Nvidia also called the CEO of ATI a fool for thinking they can out-do NVidia's stability and compatibility :p

To be fair - at best they have matched it and I still see more ATI mentioned in a lot "known issues" lists than NVidia.

Then again, apparently ATI poached a load of Nvidia's driver team a few years back so maybe they'll get there one day.

But this is OT ;)

SovKhan
21-12-03, 05:38
why exactly have a stat cap if your not suppose to be able to reach it?

jernau
21-12-03, 06:33
Originally posted by SovKhan
why exactly have a stat cap if your not suppose to be able to reach it?

Because effective-level is a %age of cap?

Because practically-reachable and desirably-reachable are different?

Look at it another way : If no-one gets over x% without gimpage then why get upset that the cap is at 1.2x?

If caps where easily reached what use would Kami chips and MC5s be?
Why limit yourself by having a lower cap?
A cap you can't reach today means you have something to look forward to tomorrow.

SovKhan
21-12-03, 06:48
Originally posted by jernau
Because effective-level is a %age of cap?

Because practically-reachable and desirably-reachable are different?

Look at it another way : If no-one gets over x% without gimpage then why get upset that the cap is at 1.2x?

If caps where easily reached what use would Kami chips and MC5s be?
Why limit yourself by having a lower cap?
A cap you can't reach today means you have something to look forward to tomorrow.

right i understand the cap system. however if every other class is able to reach there near cap or cap on weapons why shouldnt ppu's. it just seems to me that its someones sad attempt at nerfing a class that doesnt need to be nerfed further.

jernau
21-12-03, 07:06
right i understand the cap system. however if every other class is able to reach there near cap or cap on weapons why shouldnt ppu's. it just seems to me that its someones sad attempt at nerfing a class that doesnt need to be nerfed further.

Droners can't cap all their weapons without buffs (excluding originals no-one uses).
Tanks can't cap RoF on their top guns.
PEs have to choose between one capped gun or two uncapped*
Riflers - I haven't capped one recently tbh but I doubt you can cap RoF on a Disruptor.

*- PEs please correct me if wrong, I don't play PEs much

SovKhan
21-12-03, 07:15
point is if they did not want our damage% so high they would reduce it further. it is already lower then the APU cap. so i would say KK did intend us to cap spells.

jernau
21-12-03, 07:21
point is if they did not want our damage% so high they would reduce it further. it is already lower then the APU cap. so i would say KK did intend us to cap spells.

IIRC they increase APU rather than decreased PPU. I didn't have a monk at the time so I can't swear to that or say what the impact was.

If they increased (or decreased) the cap I'd expect the scale to adjust to fit the new cap somewhat.

SovKhan
21-12-03, 07:24
i expect them not to change the cap becuase there shouldnt be a change. you say you doubt a rifle spy can cap a disruptor. well i dont think i could cap a holy shelter sanctum. but i sure as shit can cap a holy heal which is tl 84 or 85.

lol this is just a stupid arguement.

jernau
21-12-03, 07:27
lol this is just a stupid arguement.

LOL. It's 5AM, what do you expect?

Keiron
21-12-03, 07:37
Originally posted by jernau
PEs have to choose between one capped gun or two uncapped
**- PEs please correct me if wrong, I don't play PEs much
Ask and ye shall receive. PE's can cap the RoG/PE, but it takes a nice RoG and some drugs (or a SA). I don’t know if you can cap the Lib and the RoLH, but I doubt it. In fact I don’t think a PE can cap the RoLH at all (I’m not a pistol PE, so Rabbi/QD/ect feel free to correct me).

BTW, I think someone on test managed to cap a Disruptor, but they had like 2 agality and had to drug to the gun (this was pre-spy PA, so maybe it can be done now without terrible gimpage)