PDA

View Full Version : The very first forum post

naimex
20-12-03, 08:15
What was the VERY first forum post you made on this forum ??

Mine is from when I only had 1 char.. my ancient hybrid (still have him, in a PPU type now tho)

This was posted on the brainport.
My first post ever on this forum ::

Power Armors (and armors in general)
as far as i know the only showable armor in current is the power armors.. and i have read about the spy power armor... (seriously it is hideous), but anyways. i think its nice that you actually try to make more viewable armors.. because its really nice to see the armor.. i saw another post in here. where there was a request for more clothing options and hairstyles.. i think its a good idea.. but i would rather have that you fixed the outfitters.. so you didnt have to remake your appeareance everytine you zone after you have changed it... and since i am playing as a Monk on the Uranus server, i would like for a PSI Power Armor or such to be made.. because monks really have far too little PSI Points... to both boost ourselves.. and the mates you are with.. and still be able to do an amount of damage that makes a difference... just another 100 psi points or so... (and plz viewable too) and im not sure if you replied on this subject the last time... but the hand implant/ gauntlet... its really annoying that there is only 1 kind of gauntlet.. if you made special gauntlets.. maybe rares... that made monks able to get some more bonuses.. maybe some power gauntlets that gave str, dex or intelligence... construction or researching gauntlets... and such, thats a few ideas.. which also gives it a point to wear gauntlets.. for those who mostly do tradeskills instead of psi.... i know that these things will propably take a shitload of time to make.... but im sure a lot of players out there will think some (or a lot) of these ideas as great or possibilities of a constructive kind....

hope you will take these suggestions into serious consideration

with hope
naimex

well, it´s the first post still stored in the forum DB by me.. :/

FBI
20-12-03, 08:51
Doesn't store my first forum post in the db :(

My noob posts were the best, suck...

..But the oldest post it showed was from last year, here:

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&postid=244330#post244330

I posted crap about a month before that post.

FBI

\\Fényx//
20-12-03, 09:04
lol one of my first posts got me a warning iirc off odin, still get them on a regular basis now :p

JiNxY
20-12-03, 09:14
not a clue, but i seem to remember it was to bitch about drones :D

the last one the forum DB holds for me is this

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&postid=727173#post727173

which is the first flash thing i made :p

Delloda
20-12-03, 12:28
Lol my first post was ages ago ...warning all that, we, from pk-hq.com were gonna come online and pk everyone! :D

Marx
20-12-03, 15:38
Originally posted by Marx
I know its easy for the gentanks to raise the necessary strength for the powered armor, but what about PE's?

Can a PE raise his or her strength without effecting their dexterity much? Can a PE even raise the proper amount of strength to wear even the crappiest set?

Back then I wanted PE PA, now I think better of it.

Dribble Joy
20-12-03, 16:34
My first post was in the old, should caps be removed thread.
I won't link it because I cringe at it's very mention.

I was such a noob.

Tycho C
20-12-03, 16:39
I definitely like the idea. There are benefits for what class you chose, why not what faction? It adds to the role playing of the game. I guess the only trouble would be to find out how to make people still want to choose different factions and not all choose just one.

Ahh, so inocent:)

J. Folsom
20-12-03, 16:59
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
My first post was in the old, should caps be removed thread.
I won't link it because I cringe at it's very mention.

I was such a noob. Bwahahaha!!! (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&postid=543482#post543482)

*coughs*

Here's my first post, be afraid of it. (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52139)

EDIT: Do not reply to that topic, it's ancient, and it'll just get closed that way.

Revslad
20-12-03, 18:48
Originally posted by Revslad
ok heres how i see things , u guys whine about things being too overpowered , i agree some things were overpowered .. first u got the pistol nerfed , u wasnt happy there so u find your next target , ahh the monks "omg omg they kill me to fast" , so u head for a rant on how too overpowered the monks are , so now your happy that the monks got nerfed , sooo now u think mission accomplished and now ur picking on the tanks , i bet all the people who are whining abut the tanks play spies int eh game i mean 2 bursts of cs and goodbye spy , also i fart and its goodbye spy , i mean come on wtf ur not happy till were playing the sims are you? so jus give up on the whole overpowered whining and get on with the game , coz next they will take away the guns...O_o

haha this was my first :p

Odin
20-12-03, 18:51
First post was January 3rd 2000. Not even sure that board exists anymore. This this is like the 3rd or 4th forum now.

Lucid Dream
20-12-03, 19:44
Far as i can tell, this was my first post.

10-01-03 23:46
Last i heard they are reworking the spy power armor because it was not very spy like.
If so, it would most likely take awhile to model/code it, then to actually get it released.

Maarten
21-12-03, 14:05
Originally posted by Maarten on 19-04-03
PLEASE, KK!

I don't ask for much, but this is something that should easily be fixed and would make our Neocron lives a whole let better.

Sort the (weapon) vendor lists first by type (pistol, rifle, cannon) then by TechLevel (so you can work down through your specialized type while you level).

Heck, send me the txt files and I'll do it myself if nessecary...

LOL. In my very first post I already wanted to help KK out with stuff they were too busy to do. :P

Shadow Dancer
21-12-03, 14:17
Originally posted by Arcadius
I agree with Opiate. I'm also compiling a mega huge list of questions, and hopefully put all the answers together since many sites are outdated.

I see nothing wrong with PKing, but killing n00bs? C'mon now that's stupid. I PKed a bit in ultima, I never killed obvious n00bs. Like someone said, give them a reason to want to stay in the game. :D :D

Btw, do you lose soul light killing people in a WARZONE? It says "you do not lose any soullight or faction loyalty". But no one seems to mention that, so I figured it might be a bug.

O_o

t0tt3
21-12-03, 14:21
Originally posted by t0tt3
It´s hard to get it here.... baaaah orderd it for 1 week ago and they had a stop just that week more comming in :mad: '

So maybe on monday I can go crazy 45 hours nonstop playing loved the demo btw :D

That was fun O_o Addicted to the demo "that crashed 50x more then retail" :lol: :D

Mumblyfish
21-12-03, 14:26
My first post was around Fizzeburry 2003. Before that, I just read the forums, as it was a little too strict for my liking.

I sorted that the fuck out when someone suggested Brainport be renamed Trashbin.

Port > Bin.
The BrainPORT suggests that it is a big meeting of brains down the dock, possibly ready to set sail to Braintopia, where the rivers run green and the fun never ends. Here, the brains think and generally make Neocron a better place, unless you happen to go naked for a living.
The TrashBIN would be a place where you throw unwanted pasta. Would you want a pasta deciding what you do in Neocron? I think not. Unless it's macaroni. But you wont find any macaroni reading the forums now, will you?

Elric
21-12-03, 14:32
My first posts are too old to find on my old forum Nick, I registered this one a couple of months after starting retail and here it is.

Originally posted by Elric in Who remembers Beta? thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40692&perpage=15&pagenumber=3) on 04-01-03 08:29
I remember my first sighting of a raptor and a reaper...

"whats that"

"no dont go so close"

"nah, it'll be fine..."

"ARARARARARAGFGFGFGFGFGHGDFKGSDF""

"RUN"

"OMG IT BURNS, HELP ME, IT BUUUURNS"

*dead*

that coming from a << rifle toting tank was hilarious. (as for the rifles, dont ask) o_O

Psyco Groupie
21-12-03, 14:34
I cant remember my first post - but i rmember setting up a 200 pixel high sig and odin going medievul on my ass :angel:

Dade Murphey
21-12-03, 15:24
I'm pretty sure I posted before this...maybe not...back in the day we had a lot of problems getting NC to allow jj and I to play at the same time...as you can see in this thread...haha

Not the first post I made, I'm sure....but the earliest one found (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42550)

ElfinLord
21-12-03, 15:55
Originally posted by ElfinLord
Does anyone know what is going on with the Crahn Epic Run?

I was at the beginning of the third mission when it wouldn't assign me the mission. So I tried logging out several times to no avail. I finally gave up the other night and now the registrars tell me that "there is nothing to see here.", or something like that.

Was this Epic Run removed from the test server?!?!

Please help.
That was me (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=53339) back in March. (BTW, don't post in there, it's pointless)

My roommate asked me to go on the test server to help him work some stuff out.

I soon found myself intrigued by Epic Runs, and since I was a monk, I figured I would do the Crahn run. I wasn't Crahn at the time so I did missions to get my faction sympathy up enough to do the run and then it was removed just after the point where I couldn't even do the generic run.

That really sucked!!!! :lol:

nonamebrandeggs
21-12-03, 21:57
You say that about everyone you goddamn box-exploiting camping pk bastard

Sorry, had to say that.

teCH| was great, really nice clan....

Last post by my in DB, making fun of MeGaMaN ofcourse :D.

Vid Gamer
21-12-03, 22:16
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27211

November 1st, 2002 was the earliest the DB has for me. I had earlier ones when I posted during Beta 4. I had some extremely n00b posts, I'm glad the DB erased them. :p

Krll
21-12-03, 22:44
The oldest post by me (but not my first), is this one:
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35287&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

This was all before the need for three hackers to take an outpost, and one man ninja hackers were a problem. Interesting to see some old names in there that aren't around anymore.

-Krll

Tratos
22-12-03, 00:51
Originally posted by Tratos in This Thread (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71067)
ok so what do i do to play it in window???

shift - play neocron - .ini :confused: im confused

And remember if anyone asks IM STUPID :D :D

ROFL

what a n00b...hang on i still am :eek: and still remember if anyone asks, IM STUPID :D :D :D

lol

~T

ben77890
22-12-03, 01:13
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Blu_Haze

Well....that might be the problem. LOL

And it's not a PhpBB forum, it's vBulletin.

-Edit- And as far as I know, Destreza 5 isn't registered at all.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

blu, stop posting on every damn thread going get in game and kick arse

um, this was at a time when i was tg, and apparently so was blu_haze, he apparently was capped and got bored

Felissa
22-12-03, 03:02
My firs post can't be found anymore, but I am quite sure that it was about an event we were organising, a tresure hunt. I created this my forum account just to post about that event.

The first post I found was the foundation of my character story you can find in my signature... Have fun reading it.

Looking for a RP clan (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&postid=406949#post406949)

ezza
22-12-03, 03:10
trip down nooby lane this thread.

my first post is no longer there, cant remember what it was about

but my first one i could find was:

Anyone know if it makes any diffrence if you buy the constructor tool from yos or from crytons as im going to buy the 150 tech tool and need to know if there is a diffrence as you can get it for less than 700,000nc from yos where as its 1mill + from crytons is there a diffrence in the build quality?

nothing interesting, just me asking noob questions

Selendor
22-12-03, 03:23
Damn, I was an angry young newbie back in the day :-

Originally posted by Selendor
While there was no PKing that I saw during the event tonight, that didn't really make a difference, since on Saturn we were 'treated' to:

- Too many mobs slowing down the zones affected to unplayable speeds

- Stupid placement of the mobs outside Neocron right next to the Storm Bots, who killed more of us than the invaders did

- So many mobs that the whole Saturn server went down

I appreciate the GMs putting in the time, but I thought that this one could have been thought through a bit more. O_o

wun
22-12-03, 03:50
can't find my first post either..

during beta i was a lurker...

pretty surei started posting just as beta was closing.. tryin to communicate with a few other aussies about where to friggen get the game shipped fromn (eventually from UK at a cost of AU$100)..

first post i found was this.. january this year.. talkin about spies in pvm and op battles...

cliznick right hurr (http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41615&perpage=15&pagenumber=3)

Q`alooaith
22-12-03, 08:53
Not my first post, on these forum's, don't go back far enough, and you might be able to dig out older one's, but anyway..

Originally posted by Q'alooaith
To me RPing is becoming my Char.

I used to use a IC personality and an OOC persona both diffrent from me.. Easy to do, and means your always playing a role that is not your own.Great fun.

Thats how I feel, RP is not what you say or do, but how you say and do.

and that was not all that long ago, I started posting in Nov 2002 on these forum's with the Q'alooaith name's though I might have lurked and spammed a little with another name before that... errr, but you didn't hear that from me..

Drake6k
22-12-03, 09:15
I remember an old thread just like this one, couldnt find it though...

My first post isn't in the database but its from beta 4 when I was asking where I can find a melee weapons shop :D

Test-0
22-12-03, 09:16
Well, aparently my first post is gone. But also this seems to be my second post ever. So, um, my first post on the forum was this weird thread where every one posted their first post ever. Boy, was I such a noob. ;) :lol:

Here's a link to it incase you can't find it: http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85382

Heh. I should post more often. :)

Q`alooaith
22-12-03, 13:18
Originally posted by Drake6k
I remember an old thread just like this one, couldnt find it though...

My first post isn't in the database but its from beta 4 when I was asking where I can find a melee weapons shop :D

I rember asking where to get laser cannon's if it's any consolation, since at one time Saturn didn't have any, at all.

Original monk
22-12-03, 14:16
my first post got deleted by forseti cause i was talking like a gangster in it o.O it involved saying hi to the community in a gangsterlike way and sumthing about a bug :P

second post was cause i lost my backpack or sumthing by a bug :)

:) daamn memory's :)