20-12-03, 07:46
i will be when i LoM

JK :D

i would say Ka Jion

SovKhan
20-12-03, 07:49
Originally posted by Hayato
i would say Ka Jion

hes good but i just saw his belt in the tescom caves like 10 min ago =).

polarity best ppu IMO from everything ive heard anyway.

\\Fényx//
Polarity, hands down, nobody can play a PPU better than pol did and i doubt theres anyone that can argue that.

Shadow Dancer
Polarity. But he quit.

Unfortunately, as much as it makes my stomach hurt, I would have to say the current best on pluto is Pete the psi.

:(

Hayato
meh
most ppus are over rated just like pol is.

CarniFlex
20-12-03, 07:51
eledhbrant.... Gestra could share it with him since hes just one of those english gentlemen that helps out... but since hes a scottish hybrid guess he aint sharing anything anymore :p

Ferabukoo
20-12-03, 07:51
have you seen pol play or played against him... ask his enemies how many times that it was 15+ shooting on him and he makes it out alive..

kthx

Hayato
20-12-03, 07:53
i have seen a few ppus do the same thing and i have fought with pol and if he was such a good ppu why would everyone be shooting him and not his clan members :|

just a thought

Ferabukoo
20-12-03, 07:55
maybe because all of the other members are dead... just a thought

Hayato
20-12-03, 07:56
then he aint really that good just a thought

Ferabukoo
20-12-03, 07:57
or they could of been outnumbered.... just a thought

you have no idea about pol at all so just stfu nub

naimex
20-12-03, 08:00
can we get that cleared out ??

are we talking the best PPU in this way ?

Option 1 "Being able to stay alive no matter how many were shooting and noob buffing"

Option 2 "Being able to keep everyone around you alive"

Option 3 "Being able to do PvM with SC without having the SC die from anything but being "returned to its own plane because of portal time ends"

There are a lot of damn good PPUs out there, and a damn lot of bad ones.. but still there are most good ones... but they are good in their own way...

/set beacon_1
This was the post number 666 of me

naimex
Cookie Monster

Ferabukoo
20-12-03, 08:03
pol is best overall..

he spent the time to get the good spells and spent time to practice it.

Kazper
20-12-03, 08:08
polarity was very good, probably the most unkillable PPU i've ever ran into, a lot of times everyone else would be dead, and he'd still be running around, taking fuck all damage

we were so stoked when we finally killed him

VetteroX
20-12-03, 08:13
Psycho Killa and Polarity.

Darkborg
20-12-03, 08:17
if its all about the ppu surviving then the best ppus are the ones which choose their battlefield wisely.
Team survival depends just as much on the team as the ppu imho.

hinch
20-12-03, 08:33
morgatha
pulse
sayoko
deepthought
fluffner
viconia
bonnie
skin.sample
ME (open to bias but even when im not paying attention it takes 20+ to kill me)

best one ive ever seen well its a close one between morgatha and skin.sample ive seen both take more of a beating than i ever could they have their timing perfect

\\Fényx//
20-12-03, 08:42
I can honestly only remember polarity dieing once or twice, there were times at tezla he'd have 20 ppl shooting him, paraspam etc, and he'd get from the back of the OP to the GR, Ive seen times he's ressed ppl and got them up and buffed and healed with 10 ppl on him.

Polarity was ALWAYS the guy with people shooting him because olarity was known as the hardest PPU on pluto, he was your first target back then, because you knew he could rez anyone and pull off rediculous things with his class, Pete's a damn good PPU too but pol was a step above everyone

Its not about having the best spells and shit, its also about timing etc, knowing when you have to break a rez or have to run etc, and its knowing what order to get people up to get the most out of your team. I have 1 of polarity's dogtags, and tbh its probably the only one im gonna keep cause it was damn rare he died, apart from the stack of 12 Anima dogtags ive got :p :lol:

WebShock
20-12-03, 08:53
its just an over rating since polarity was pure before it became a craze to specialize as a ppu.

just like starkes will always be the most feared or infamous pk (saturn)although there may very well be some nastier PK's out there to date.

Its all on when you were noticed and how notorious you are.

Dont get upset if this thread gets locked. Mods dont like threads like this :P

\\Fényx//
20-12-03, 09:01
Originally posted by WebShock
its just an over rating since polarity was pure before it became a craze to specialize as a ppu.

just like starkes will always be the most feared or infamous pk (saturn)although there may very well be some nastier PK's out there to date.

Its all on when you were noticed and how notorious you are.

Dont get upset if this thread gets locked. Mods dont like threads like this :P

heh webshock, polarity was not overrated, ive fought against him and alongside him, he's the guy that you dont wanna fight against cause you know how hard he is to take down, and while fighting with him, you know that your gonna get the best PPU at your side, he was about when everyone was hybrid, yea, he was also about when alot of pure's emerged aswell, so dont judge it with statements like that.

Hayato for you to say pol's not that great, tbh ive only heard of you cause ive seen you idle in plaza 1. . . I doubt you could get close to what polarity could do with a PPU, Warrior on pluto's also damn good but is prone to getting cocky and dieing in the middle of the opposition ;) :p

Sefran
20-12-03, 11:15
Torn before he lomed, never played pluto so cant say about polarity, but heared alot of him...

L0KI
20-12-03, 11:36
Can only really judge my main servers PPU's, so @ Uranus....

DJ

Skuld

wtf?

Anton Szandor Levey

WebShock
20-12-03, 11:44
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
heh webshock, polarity was not overrated, ive fought against him and alongside him, he's the guy that you dont wanna fight against cause you know how hard he is to take down, and while fighting with him, you know that your gonna get the best PPU at your side, he was about when everyone was hybrid, yea, he was also about when alot of pure's emerged aswell, so dont judge it with statements like that.

Hayato for you to say pol's not that great, tbh ive only heard of you cause ive seen you idle in plaza 1. . . I doubt you could get close to what polarity could do with a PPU, Warrior on pluto's also damn good but is prone to getting cocky and dieing in the middle of the opposition ;) :p

not that im doubting that he was the pwn, im just wondering how he did after the antibuff was put into play thats all.
i was under the impression that he had quit after the anti buff was out into play.
also im sure he was really good since he had all the practice in the world in a one char server. he does have the advantage of more practice and experience than the multi faceted diverse, multi skilled players on other servers. while a saturn player has a all around knowledge of diffrent classes, im sure that a player on pluto has his skills honed and refined. I just think that some of this raving is a bit over blown.

the real test of a ppu is if he can survice 3 players hitting him, a tank with pierce or libby PE/ antibuffing apu and HL striking apu.
if you can still survive that, then yes, you are a skilled ppu.

Shadow Dancer
20-12-03, 11:46
Polarity was there when antibuff was in. However, IMO, Poarity quit before the "true" monkacron problem surfaced. Their weren't many apus around when Pol quit.

\\Fényx//
20-12-03, 11:51
the real test of a ppu is if he can survice 3 players hitting him, a tank with pierce or libby PE/ antibuffing apu and HL striking apu.

jesus lol i can do that o_O

Clan practice once I had 4 APUs on me all practicing timings on antibuffs, trying to get 2 right after eachother etc, took 7-9 antibuffs each time, against me while i was standing still crouched for them to hit me, woulda been more if i coulda run around, ive been chased from jeriko to mcpherson and got antibuffed 6 times along the way aswell, by about 9 ppl once, only to fking fatal at the GR then have to put up with the 'owned' DM's afterwards :\

Deicide
20-12-03, 11:52
Best PPU ever?

RaZorr on Jupiter!

Psyker
20-12-03, 11:55
I've deffinatly gotta say Skuld.
Until youve played with him in a big fight or op battle or even against him you dont know what your missing.
Without goin into details he basicaly keeps you at full health and fucks up the enemy without you even realisin he's there.

You da shit Skuld :cool:

Shadow Dancer
20-12-03, 11:57
Is this also the same Skuld on pluto? Because there's a good PPU on pluto named Skuld. :p

Psyker
20-12-03, 11:59
Oh and Fenix, if you can withstand those 4 APU's tryin to kill ya, your either god or they're shitty APU's (no offense). You just gott know the right tricks and 1 APU can take down any ppu.

Dont know if its the same Skuld :confused:, we'll see.

WebShock
20-12-03, 12:01
Originally posted by \\Fényx//
jesus lol i can do that o_O

...only to fking fatal at the GR then have to put up with the 'owned' DM's afterwards :\

O_o

omg that fukin blows! still thats a damn good accomplishment.
have you tried it while being parashocked?
i normally practice with a piercer a antibuffer and a attacking apu plus being shocked.
also, i dont know if its really a a fair question since a lot of the ability rests on your setup and quality of your spells.

personally i have a 5 slot ultimated holy shelter and capped heal.

there is no way in hell i can do that with the usual 3 slot spells most apu's run around with.

Delloda
20-12-03, 12:18
im sure it is the same skuld.

Yes polarity was exceptionally good at keeping himself alive but i would love to see how he would fair in the new craze of noob buffing. ppl tended not to noob buff back when pol was at his prime.

I would have to say ivory is pretty good too when he's not drunk. :)

\\Fényx//
20-12-03, 12:22
O_o

omg that fukin blows! still thats a damn good accomplishment.
have you tried it while being parashocked?
i normally practice with a piercer a antibuffer and a attacking apu plus being shocked.
also, i dont know if its really a a fair question since a lot of the ability rests on your setup and quality of your spells.

personally i have a 5 slot ultimated holy shelter and capped heal.

there is no way in hell i can do that with the usual 3 slot spells most apu's run around with.

that was with parashock, my PPUs belt consists of antipara, antipoison, para, heal, shelt, def, rez or a sanctum, melee, haz, booster. does the job for me :| Im not so much a aggressive PPU now, I keep myself and my team alive, other PPUs in our OP war team go for parashocking and damboosting, while others like me, pete and warrior keep the team alive.

___T-X____
20-12-03, 12:22
DJ is the best PPU by far on Uranus - he's technically brillient and makes u feel invincable.

If your on TeamSpeak with him, u actually become Invincable.

Super Mario
20-12-03, 12:35
Well i dont know much about these other ppu's but as far as i have seen the best ppu i have ever fought with was Obfus the guy could keep me alive through anything (got a very nice screenie of him trying to rez me with 4 grims and there spawn attacking him as well he done it as well :p) well anyways thats IHO haven't seen a better one since him.

Ascension
20-12-03, 12:44
Yeah i gotta say Polarity & Pete the Psi for Pluto...

I can Remember 1st Playing my APu and i was at Gab..

Pete the psi turned up and i was trying to kill him 4 1 hour
then i just gave up and left!! very slowly *para-spam*:lol:

KramerTheWeird
20-12-03, 13:00
I have more tags of Polarity then of Psycho Killa, so I think Psycho Killa is better.

Duder
20-12-03, 13:05
The best ppu ever is a dead ppu.

Gleep
20-12-03, 13:26
Polarity is by far the best ppu I've fought with or against. It was a combination of his incredible timing and a good con plan (something many ppus ignore). Pol left after anti-buff had been in play for a while (I think a month and a half). There were several times Polarity and I (and just us) would kill 7+ people (not noobs but capped veterans). If no one remembers the days of Polarity and his incredable skill they must have blacked out that memory from the trama. :p

PK was the second best ppu monk when I was still PvP'n.

Oh a side note, Pol had at one time or another a capped character of every class and each character was very good, this might have contributed to his skill as a ppu in large battles, but he was not a one trick horse.

t0tt3
20-12-03, 13:45
Originally posted by Psyker
Oh and Fenix, if you can withstand those 4 APU's tryin to kill ya, your either god or they're shitty APU's (no offense). You just gott know the right tricks and 1 APU can take down any ppu.

Thats pure bullshit :P You need at least 2 good APUs to kill one damn good PPU. Because they got like ultravison and has a s/d before I can say "hes unbuf..."

I would say back then yes Polarity made some good stunts and shit like Carinth also did in PIMP.

I would say no I didnt fear him "Polarity" but it sorta sucked when I saw the clan chat.. "Noooo Pol we gonna die"
:rolleyes:

Gleep
20-12-03, 13:49
Originally posted by t0tt3
I would say back then yes Polarity made some good stunts and shit like Carinth also did in PIMP.

I will give Carinth his due, before he lom'd to hack/whatever he was very good. But after he lom'd he didn't have the cast speed required and was much easier to overwhelm.

deac
20-12-03, 14:05
I would have to say pol too BUT in todays monkacron he would die like every other ppu... right now there no ppu that can run around like he did....

give me 2 desent apus and any ppu will do down and fast... hell i even killed ecshe (damn good ppu) with just one apu.. tl25 shelter :D

pete is good but a bit overrated he goes down just as fast as the other ppus....

the day of uber ppus are at an end...but there is still a lot of very good ones in clans like Dark and SS.

Anna
20-12-03, 14:23
pol was uber indeed, i learned a lot for him
when pol was around, one of our standard tactics was this:

we all group buffed at a certain gr, gred straight into the hostile op, where most of the time were 15-20 guys waiting for us

everyone went into the fight with 20% si, ppus would use the blessed heal, by the time the group shelters ran out, si was down far enough to cast holy shelters

most of us died doing all that, but not pol, he was usually the only one alive, shocked and dbed everyone, rezzed one of our tanks, heals shelters buffs him, shocks everyone again, rezzez another guy, and so on

all that with 20 ppl shooting at him

we won mostly :)

id like to think im pretty good myself, but im nowhere near a polarity :D

Original monk
20-12-03, 14:33
easy

schannulleke and torn

Psyker
20-12-03, 14:44
Originally posted by t0tt3
Thats pure bullshit :P You need at least 2 good APUs to kill one damn good PPU. Because they got like ultravison and has a s/d before I can say "hes unbuf..."

It may be hard against those few really good ppu's like the ones listed here, but its deffinatly doable with 1 apu, with 2 apu's its just easy.

evs
20-12-03, 14:46
its too hard to judge - especially comparing ppu's of the past with ones now - especially when the ones now are nerfed to hell.

there's 3 really good ones i know, but i know a few ppu's and wouldnt want to hurt anyone else's feelings of ppu superiority :P

LTA
20-12-03, 15:19

heh i survived that and not only did i keep myself alive through it but my apu partner to.
It's not hard when there's one antibuffer and a either a tank or pe, even both together still pose no threat and the hl... well he and his mate have about 3 seconds to kill me before my buffs and heal are nearly back.... never died to that.
I mostly died to gettin glued and then getting 7 shades of sh*t beaten out of me by a-lot of peeps but it was only the hl apus that could do dmg faster enough to attempt the outdmg of the heal.
I aint saying blah de blah recognise fool, but with the right resists, imps and timing it's not hard to survive, it's hard getting the right timings sometimes tho especially when your not thinking about just you.

hinch
20-12-03, 15:21
Originally posted by Deicide
Best PPU ever?

RaZorr on Jupiter!

razz0r has never been good :)

now if you'd said monkeh now your talking :)

come on hatzer you should know RAK never had good players :)

Originally posted by Psyker

I managed 12 apus last night i started at 1 and kept adding them until i died so clearly not that difficult

and yes its teh same skuld

icarium
20-12-03, 15:50
Lord mansion. then me when i get round to capping. because i'm fucking brilliant. :p

Genty
20-12-03, 16:09
I have never claimed to be a decent PPU, with a general ping of around 4000 in OP wars and shit FPS it is pritty hard to be, but at least I am origional. :D

As for who is the "best PPU ever" I really can't say i know, part of the fact that so many things have changed in the game monk wise that those from the past would have a difficult time now with anti-buff etc.

Possessed
20-12-03, 16:38
Pete the PSI

<3

evs
20-12-03, 17:12
hmmm everytime i see that sig i think File and Print

Cad
20-12-03, 17:14
Polarity without a doubt.

Nexxy
20-12-03, 18:26
The best PPU ever? Who cares...

The best PPU now? Pete The Psi

Dribble Joy
20-12-03, 18:34
Though I have heard many things about djingo and his PPU, I haven't faced him or teamed with him, so I know nothing of his skills.
Skuld is very good, I brings a chill to the soul when him and his brother do a PPU/APU pking tagteam in MB. Virtually unstoppable.

OpTi
20-12-03, 19:00
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Though I have heard many things about djingo and his PPU, I haven't faced him or teamed with him, so I know nothing of his skills.
Skuld is very good, I brings a chill to the soul when him and his brother do a PPU/APU pking tagteam in MB. Virtually unstoppable.

i've faught against DJ's ppu when i was syn, loved it when him and another uts came rushing round the back of an OP. I'd grab 1-2 people and we'd rush off to stop them from getting our front fighters.

so of the other ppus i've seen and faught with/against i'd have to say DJ

Anton Szandor LeVey

Marneus Calgar
20-12-03, 19:03
POLARITY!!!! I miss her ;)

MayhemMike
20-12-03, 19:07
Originally posted by Original monk
easy

schannulleke and torn

I miss Schan D: <3... She taking a break? :p

Anywho, Pete the Psi is teh best eva!111one..

Also, Kimmy G on saturn.. I just got done with an op war on saturn and lets put it like this.. i'm alive ;D

sOOO to recap

Pete the Psi <3
Kimmy G

Psycho Killa
20-12-03, 20:30
Polarity is by far the best.

If i get to vote for myself i would say 2nd to polarity.

Ferabukoo
20-12-03, 20:36
pk.. i dont think most people actualy saw what polarity could do.. or never fought against him... i among others in my clan have fought against and with him.... and its not fun to be his enemy

Shadow Dancer
20-12-03, 21:16
Wtf does this mean------------------> <3 ?

icarium
20-12-03, 22:25
god shad, you're like, so uncool, yeah?

:p

incidently i havent got a fucking clue what it means either

sex

petek480
20-12-03, 22:30
It's a heart.

icarium
20-12-03, 22:38
Originally posted by petek480
It's a heart.

aaaah now i remember why i dont do drugs :)

Nixon
20-12-03, 22:50
Polarity and Pete the PSI.

Pete managed to keep me alive as a tank when there
was like 15 NDA's trying to kill us 2 after an op war.

Got 6 city fuckers killed until we.. retreated..

Polarity was always the last sonofabitch to escape
after all his teammates were killed.

Nixon
20-12-03, 22:51
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Wtf does this mean------------------> <3 ?

nixon <3 sd

i wuuub u (*^_^*)

J. Folsom
20-12-03, 22:54
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Wtf does this mean------------------> <3 ? Love or wub, y'know, as it's a heart.

A more interesting dilemma is in the form of <8, which I personally view as an icecream, many people will think something completely different though, which is why it's unhealthy to say such things as "I'm eating a <8".

g0rt
20-12-03, 22:56
This post is nibbish.

No one remembers any of hte oldschool PPUs. By oldschool PPUs I mean PPUs that were around before MST got put into the game.

Those were the real pioneers.

GOOD GAME!

Trillian
20-12-03, 23:00
Dajuda > all

also.. Pol, Car, and PK are pretty good :)

Candaman
21-12-03, 12:44
cough

Shadow Dancer
21-12-03, 13:01
What's wrong, coming down with the cold? :(

Candaman
21-12-03, 14:30
:'( ur all bastards i hate u all

Barak
21-12-03, 14:32
hum... Cannings.. naa your useless bud :P being a brummy does that too you..

but eh i'd say Pol imo

21-12-03, 15:17
yo hinch, razor isnt that bad but there are better ones :)

chromium from the johnsons is pretty good

saw most of the fang member try to kill him but he survived.

best atm... good question. i think its not easy cuz every server have excellent PPUs

on saturn i would say torn is good and Elebrandht (man i cant spell him :))

on jupiter sayoko

Darkborg
21-12-03, 15:39
@psyker
Err if im not db'ed 2 apus doesent make me flinch. if i can run then np. There is a way thats quite effective for taking down ppus now. it requires 2 apus and preferrably a ppu

]v[ortice
21-12-03, 16:20
I agree that Anton, dJ, wtf? and 'the cardinal' are all excellent PPUs.

My fave PPU on Uranus has to be (even tho he's left us for a time)...

,,,|_ CRAAAAIG DIIIGGERS _|,,,

Proper Bo PPU, I tell thee.

Anywayz, why don't i ever get a mention on these super PPU threads? Shower of Bastards :)

Strych9
21-12-03, 16:37
Bah. My PPU back on Pluto was the best. ;)

Strych9 was unkillable AND built 5 slotted rares.

:p

Candaman
21-12-03, 18:49
i think on pluto i would go for echse or pete

thewarrior008
22-12-03, 00:03
the best ppu on saturn.... WAS Alex M

;)

nonamebrandeggs
22-12-03, 00:33
Pete owns, he can keep people alive and doesn't wear a dress <3 <3 <3.

Polarity... I dunno... He was kick ass at staying alive and shit, but thats cuz he's usually the only one left. IMO PPUs are good when they land that heal on you right when your about to die. I've tried healing people when they run... but it's so fucking hard! Gotta love taking about 6+ people as a spy with a PPU (Pete), just feels sooo good :D.

YoDa-UK
22-12-03, 00:43
Polarity was and always will be in my eyes the best PPU to grace this game, when I played along side him i was godlike, with my old HC days, I could take on 10 people without dying, thats how good pol was, sure he would look after the better fighters but only coz he knew we would have a better chance to win with the srtonger ones still standing.

I remember pol keeping me alive with about 13 people on me at nem, there was nothing I could do to fight back coz it was all the plasma hitting me forcing me to the fence near the GR, i laughed and told pol to let me die, but he wouldn't give up, we both made it out alive against heavy odds.

I've played with others, on serveral servers, but no one gives me the impression that I will live after the fight is done, or that I dont have to spam asking for a heal while im fighting, pol knew everything about the game and how to fight.

We do have some great PPU's around today, but not polarity im sorry to say.

Tupac
22-12-03, 09:19
polarity is the best ever imo

solling
22-12-03, 10:59
polarity def BUT we must remeber pol was a ppu in a time with almost no apus so i dunno how he would do today when almost half the server is apus

Spectra260
22-12-03, 11:02
ive seen pete the psi outheal my cs, kayne's flame thrower, someone else, i forgot who, and one of the TS gaurds in pepper park at close range...

he OUTHEALED it....so im gonna have to say pete...

YoDa-UK
22-12-03, 11:32
outhealing dmg is not what makes a PPU good, thats just the spell the use.

Being a good to great PPU is combo of a lot of things, its your con setup, your built spells, the time you have taken to obtain all the best you can get in terms of spells and imps, its about knowing your cast times, knowing how to speed cast, knowing what the enemy is like and knowing your own limits.

Pol knew all of this, thats why he never died, well he did a few times but it was very very rare.

As a side note about there being more APU's now than then, I would say he went up against some damn good APU's then and Anti buff was in the game, he got debuffed a lot of times, mainly coz they knew they needed to take him down first, but it never happened, as soon as his shields went it was back up before they had time to target him again, he was VERY aware of the battle around him, which is a trait that makes a very good PPU imho.

But it wasn't just the battle part, he made sure we all had buffs on all the time, even when moving to another zone, many times we caught the enemy moving without buffs and hammered them, that was thx to Polarity, its all about teamwork, and Pol was at the heart of it.

gostly
22-12-03, 12:22
ffs...

pete > you
<3 :angel:

Wellard
22-12-03, 12:38
.............I agree with Hayato, Ka Jion rocks, I've seen him keeping whole teams alive while other PPUs are dropping like flies.

I haven't got the time to play on other servers, so I can't comment on them.

Not only is he a good ppu, but he helps his friends/clan members in any way he can, whenever he can.

Alex The Great
22-12-03, 12:50
Pete <3
Back before there was Pete id have to say PK i rememeber him and me killing alot of people on my spy fun fun.

Oath
22-12-03, 12:51
Dont really know any ppus on other servers only uranus so here they are.

milksh@ke (best pvm ppu there was fore he quit)
dJ (imho the best)
i hear craig is good......

22-12-03, 14:16
I would say Speed 12 on Saturn.

Omnituens
22-12-03, 16:52
Originally posted by #151988
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

no.

Pliskin isnt bad though on Saturn.

Kopaka
22-12-03, 17:22
Originally posted by L0KI
Can only really judge my main servers PPU's, so @ Uranus....

DJ

Skuld

wtf?

Anton Szandor Levey

i agree on dJ m8, but Skuld aint that good, same as wtf?

bout Anton i dunno

best 3 at Uranus...

Sloterdijk
dJ
(was gonna say me here, after i cap)
Lilli's schwester

fatwreck
22-12-03, 17:24
omen(doob) on uranus was the best imo... dont know now.

Kopaka
22-12-03, 17:30
Originally posted by Dribble Joy

drib ...

iCe` + Generic > Skuid + Skuld

speaking bout tagteams bout best apu/ppu i'd say me and Generic, cuz i know how we play and i know howmany we killed, 8 guys vs me and Gen. and we won (boy can i brag or wot..)
them 8 didnt have APU with anti buff, thats prolly why we won

ezza
22-12-03, 19:12
Originally posted by #151988

yup hes great at buffing his APU on the safe side of PP/Plaza zone line:p

LTA
22-12-03, 19:31
Anton is ze best!

[SP]Ostrich
22-12-03, 19:43
Originally posted by Kopaka
drib ...

speaking bout tagteams bout best apu/ppu i'd say me and Generic, cuz i know how we play and i know howmany we killed, 8 guys vs me and Gen. and we won (boy can i brag or wot..)

i would say not...

Carinth
22-12-03, 20:16
Whoever mentioned Scorn/Torn... Were they really that good? He was on pluto first and in my clan. I helped him out with how to be a ppu, and even lent him my spells to bp. I never really got to see him in action but, I wouldn't have thought he'd be a really good ppu. Maybe I'm wrong, who knows.

Yea Polarity was the best, it got to the point were we could only attack NDA when he wasn't online. Unfortuanetly they're all on TS so they'd get him to login. Really the more enjoyable fights vs NDA were against their other ppu's. It was on more equal terms then. Polarity was here for quite a while after antibuff was in, he was here when they moved gr's to the UG. I can recall many times when everyone would be dead except him, he'd pop up from the UG and ressurect their entire team. Antibuff didn't phase him much. If he saw someone look at him with the glowing ball, he'd stop rezzing and run around the op a few times. Then he'd come back and rez while everyone is runnin around.

Even though there weren't that many ppu's around at the time, the ppu's that were there made a huge difference. You could name the ppu for each of the major clans. It was that person that made the clan really. Skills and Teamwork will get you fairly far, but unless you have one of the elite ppu's you don't stand a chance. So really it's not that different from now. It's just that now everyone has a ppu, so it's how many ppu's you can bring that wins the game. I recall feeling sorry for clans that didn't have an elite ppu. It would be no contest really. That I can recall, SXR was the only clan that really challenged us without an amazing ppu. Sometimes little clans would band together and bring like 20+ people to try to kill us. Sometimes that would work, but SXR beat us with tactics. Between dropping turrets during stealth to piling up vehicles to block an entrance, they constantly found ways to even the playing field. When they didn't, we could easily kill them.
Insofar as the ppu ranking of the time, I listed them like this:

Polarity, Psycho Killa, Pete/Me

For the most part I was as good as pete, we would each have bad days now and then. I've since gone way down on the list ; ) I'm just another average ppu.

Yoda is totaly right, what makes a ppu so amazing is his ability to process lots of different information and make quick decisions. PPU's have so many jobs it's ridiculous. You hafta be aware of:
1)Your health/buffs
2)Team health/buffs
3)State of your sanctums
4)Boosted/Shocked state of enemies
5)Which friendly will most benefit from my heal
6)Which dead friendly will most help if I ressurect them
7)Presence of Apu's trying to debuff

That's just off the top of my head, you hafta do all of this in the middle of combat. You need to have your cast timing down to a science, to squeeze every second out. Polarity was prolly the fasted I've ever seen. Antibuff him and his shelter is back up after just one shot hits him. I usualy take two hits before my shelter comes back up. Polarity used to fustrate me soo much because I was hitting a skill barrier. Playing at my absolute best got me close to him, but it wouldn't be enough. It really becomes obvious when I look around and see our entire team boosted and shocked, while I've only managed to shock/db two of theirs. He's poppin heals off all around, and I'm trying to save one guy. I was seriously depressed for a while. In the end I simply tried my best to avoid any fight with him. Fighting Psycho Killa was much more fun : ) He's better then me, but at least he's human and makes mistakes now and then.

Shadow Dancer
22-12-03, 22:53
I think some of us are worshipping Pol a bit too much now. lol

YoDa-UK
22-12-03, 23:19
I dont think its worship SD, its more like respect, as many of his old enemies are saying the same things.

Kikyo
22-12-03, 23:59
drib ...

i would like to see this combo, ok then, me and skuid will take you on then, i'll dm you ingame sometime we can have a duel, i have no doubt we'll win lol?

Topcat
23-12-03, 00:32
I must admit I would prefer Pete The Psi over Polarity if I was to choose one ppu to bring with me fighting. Also Minimajs was a great PPU. In my experience I survived much more often playing with Mini And pete than I did with Pol on my side. Seems to me they were better than Pol at keeping their team alive.

I´m limited to Pluto though, so there might be someone on other servers.

Possessed
23-12-03, 00:40
Originally posted by Topcat
I must admit I would prefer Pete The Psi over Polarity if I was to choose one ppu to bring with me fighting. Also Minimajs was a great PPU. In my experience I survived much more often playing with Mini And pete than I did with Pol on my side. Seems to me they were better than Pol at keeping their team alive.

I´m limited to Pluto though, so there might be someone on other servers.

Exactly, PPUs should be mostly judged on their ability to keep a team alive, not to run around and survive a clan shooting at them. Though of course the ability to survive should be considered, the point remains that if there are no team members alive, (and especially now days) the PPU has essentially failed at their task...

Nexxy
23-12-03, 00:46
i miss mini :( <3

Keiron
23-12-03, 00:46
Polarity, Kenshin, Carinth, DJ, and Pete the PSI are all very good PPU's.

Lafiel
23-12-03, 05:43
polarity and cryptochronic ;x

Psyker
23-12-03, 06:14
drib ...

Try Skuld, Skuid, OStrich and me vs i think it was 12 people at simmons including a few ppu's....
Nonoe of us died and i only came in at the end of the fight.
And id really like to see that ppu/apu duel :cool:

VirtualReGen
23-12-03, 06:33
pete <3

-Jay

thewarrior008
23-12-03, 08:10
Originally posted by Lafiel
polarity and cryptochronic ;x

HAHAH CC HAHAHAHAH LMOA.. no

cept myself:D astraea if my favorite, and yea of course ill have to admit pol was very good at wat he was sdoing

YoDa-UK
23-12-03, 11:45
ok this could get a flame or two but i dont care, think on this, its based on pluto only though.

NDA was the best fighting clan of its time, no one can argue that, we had some of the most skillful players on pluto, we did tests with Pol and we tried to take him down, several APU's debuffing and tanks and all sorts hitting him, did we kill him? NO, in fact he got shocks on us tanks and ran around laughing.

But compare those same fighters againt the enemy PPU's at the time, did we kill them? damn right we did, that sums it up and shows exactly how good pol was.

But everyone has their favourite ppu from their own clan, it just shows that a lot of other clan members are saying pol too.

This should have been made into a POLL lol

[TgR]KILLER
23-12-03, 13:37
I gotta go with Pete.. since mayby because i never met Pol in a real fight.. so i can't realy say anything about that.. i'v fought allongside Pete loads of times.. even now he's on the wrong side.. he's still one if not THE best..

how about the worse ppu ?

one of our ppu's was at a fight were i was trying to kill a melee ppu.. i died... i asked for heal about 200 times and din't get one.. all our ppu was doing was schocking and dmg boosting the melee one.. while he had a cath sanctum up.. and some ppu's just know their job.. With a few PPU's in TH i got something good. i just gotta kneel to get a S/D don't have to say a word..

Candaman
23-12-03, 15:06
astraea lol actually kayne is starting to pick it up a little if he took noob shelter out his belt he would get more respect

\\Fényx//
23-12-03, 15:21
Originally posted by Candaman
actually kayne is starting to pick it up a little if he took noob shelter out his belt he would get more respect

LMFAO

This threads gonna go down hil fast lol. . . :lol:

Q`alooaith
23-12-03, 15:28
Pliskin
Super Psi monky (hyrbid but still damn good PPU skill's)
Yagi (rolled to Spy later, now gone.. bye)

I know I know more PPU's than that, the best I'd have to say on skill is super Psi, keep's himself, his other account and you alive while dishing out damage boost's and the like..

ezza
23-12-03, 15:31
cant really say whos a good PPU as i never have one with me

GambitFlame
23-12-03, 15:35
Pluto imo i would have to say Pol and Pete and mabbe Cannings ;)...

Pol via reputation and the 2 OP fights i saw him at simply because he he doesnt quit, when all his team are down or maybe one or two are up he would manage to keep the 2 alive and still rez have the team. Tbh Polarity was a genius he actually spent time working the PPU to the bone and it paid dividends.

Pete simply because when i fought and couldnt find a ppu cos they were busy elsewhere and was about to die, pete would always pop up at the right time and get a heal on me or anyone else for that matter whilst still managing to parashock/boost enemies and rez in about 30 secs of each other 1 side of the OP to the other :eek:

Cannings simply because even with about 4 APU's chasing he could pull of some of the most cheeky rezzes ive ever seen :eek:

Saturn..... Ive not fought in many OP wars but 3 of the PPU's ive seen and fought against and with that, imo, are brilliant PPU's are NoNo and Speed 12 (come back Speed :( ) and even tho hes Tangent i would have to say Eledbrant also ;).

Carinth
23-12-03, 20:08
YoDa-UK : I would question that claim. You never fought SS, especialy when they were two clans. Most of the really good SS members were quiet and kept to themselves. I couldn't even tell you who their ppu's were. They had one or two really good ppu's and some really good hybrids, and they had Psycho Killa. I'll bet they could have put up quiet a challenge to NDA.

Flyl
23-12-03, 20:09
Polarity was good but he was overcapped.

DrPhil was good but he was banned and used exploits.

Psycho Killa was damned good, but quit.

Pete the PSI is the best PPU in the current game. (on pluto)

Promethius
23-12-03, 21:35
Actualy a true test of a PPU's greatness would be a spy/pe + apu(with antibuff) vs PPU

Once anti-buffed is cast the spy/pe can cast def on PPU which results in death 99% of the time. If they cast def first then the apus got a nice window to kill the PPU.(including shots from pe/spy)

For best PPU on saturn (that I've had the chance to fight with/against) would have to be Schanulleke. Pliskin is also good.

After reading entire thread the most common PPU's that have been said is Polarity, Gestra, Pete the psi, Psycho Killa.

I've had the chance to see polarity in action (once against me and another tank and she was tryin to ress the other PPU, Unsuccessful btw). I've lvled a bit with Pete the psi and he held up very well at Gaiya. And I've never seen gestra / Pyscho.

Gleep
23-12-03, 21:45
Originally posted by Flyl

I wouldn't state that in the forums as you have no proof and to my knowledge Polarity was not overcapped since he was still struggling to get better holy group shelter %. And considering I built half of his spells I think I know a lot more about his setup than most.

thewarrior008
23-12-03, 21:51
Originally posted by solling
polarity def BUT we must remeber pol was a ppu in a time with almost no apus so i dunno how he would do today when almost half the server is apus

check ur pm ......................sowy offtopic

Vampire222
23-12-03, 22:15
Polarity Omega_res Darken pete the psi CC and Carinth, and some ppl whos name i forgot re actually good too

Birkoff
23-12-03, 22:19
I'd like to see pol back now days, he was fucking awsome for his time.. but then so were NDA.... they had coms before other clans.... used monks as 99.9% of there fighting force before n e 1....... used ** before n e 1..... they new all the ins and the outs of the game at the time..... (Plus never did any of this shit that a "certain" clan do now that piss the shit out of half the server and still kicked DarK's asses :) )

Dunno there are many excellent PPUS, keep your name if u don't get bored to shit of it :)

PK, Pol and Omega_res were best for there time...

I'd say Pete and *shiver* CC of course.... (before he LOMed)

Carinth
23-12-03, 22:24
Originally posted by Promethius
Actualy a true test of a PPU's greatness would be a spy/pe + apu(with antibuff) vs PPU

Once anti-buffed is cast the spy/pe can cast def on PPU which results in death 99% of the time. If they cast def first then the apus got a nice window to kill the PPU.(including shots from pe/spy)
Not realy, the ppu would shock you and run away. You really need at least an apu/ppu team to kill a ppu. Shock/db really reduce a ppu's chances of survivng. At the very least it forces him to keep holy cath sanct up, which is fairly expensive and increases his chances of messing up.

Originally posted by Flyl
I really doubt that, what he did have is access to more resources then any other ppu on pluto. He would be one of the first to build the rare ppu spells as they're introduced. He'd always have an assortment of 5slotted spells. Only time I had something he didnt have, was my 4slotted holy heal sanct, but not long after that he had one. Thats part of the advantage of being in a large clan with so many resources.

Flea
23-12-03, 23:31
I <3 lear.