PDA

View Full Version : Poison and Shelter

Dribble Joy
20-12-03, 07:17
This has been thrown around for a bit now, and I wondered how people would feel about it. I'm not sure on the subject, so don't have a go at me.

Should Shelters (or deflectors) aid against poison?

Poison is obviously becoming a more effective and widespread damage type. People are going to have to spec against it, and some classes will be at a disadvantage to others.

Tanks can easily spec some poison and use the Viper King.
PE's can spec some, but not much without gimping the rest.
Spies tbh are kinda overpowered (IMO) as they can reach near PE resits and hp and do more dmg, so speccing poison, not only protects them, but possibly balances.
Monks, more or less as per spies, and they have teh spells.

Poison is the only dmg type that cannot be halted by S/D as of the moment.

An apropriate dmg boost may be in order, but it's the concept that is to be discussed.

{MD}GeistDamnit
20-12-03, 07:19
couldent resist third option :D

but I like it as it is poison sucks against the best players.

Shadow Dancer
20-12-03, 07:20
Only if it's damage got boosted. Poison damage is not equal to other damage types. Look at the tremendous amount of poison punishment you can take from an apu with just 50 resist. Trying taking alot of punishment from CS or LIB with just 50 pierce/force or energy/whatever.

So it's damage would have to be increased, IMO, then I think I would be ok with shelter protecting against it.

Tycho C
20-12-03, 07:36
They already made the drugs less effective. In a way that boosted Poison, cause now the drugs arn't as likely to be able to save you.

Those without Poison resist are in a bit more trouble now.

Shadow Dancer
20-12-03, 07:39
The drugs weren't made less effective, they work better IMO. And they still work period. Sometimes I think people want natural immunity to poison, lol.

VetteroX
20-12-03, 08:17
exactly, shelter doesnt effect poison, and more poson weapons seem to be comming, I say release a poison helmet or pants or boots, or make shelter resist poison.

btw, this comes from someone with a highlevel/capped of all 4 chrs, and love to poison people on my apu and say "goodbye" before they drop dead.

J a y
20-12-03, 09:06
lol poison drugs worse now LOL AHAHAHAAHAHAHA. they work so much better now. ive had 8 poison beam stacks on me 2 med drugs kill it (in 4 sec). only doing minor dammage.

start carrying around drugs and poison sucks.

\\Fényx//
20-12-03, 09:13
Poison's by far the weakest attack out there... PE's, as they have shelter, can take far better punnishment than a tank can, self buffs ofcourse, the advatage of a tank is that they have 35 more CON to play with, and when they have PPU support their better than a PE with PPU support.

if you can wear VK chest, and have 50 poison resist, poison doese next to nothing to you lol, you dont even need to spend 50 points in poison, you can use filter hearts, get a haz 3 buff, wear VK, and poison isnt doing shit to you...

My tanks got a TL 42 grenade launcher, it has poison grenades, i actually took out 2 ppl with it at a OP fight earlier, stacking poison 2-3 times for each time i hit them, and its takin them down, hitting them at like 30 a tick, they have no poison resist i bet ya :p where as for a holy lightning youll need near to max energy resist plus shelter, and youll still take damage, for poison you pretty much need 50 resist and VK, or 70-80 resist and no vk, and poison isnt gonna do anything to you atall . . .

Shadow Dancer
20-12-03, 09:58
Thank you Fenyx, an excellent post.

Carinth
20-12-03, 18:51
I've always been of the opinion that shelter does help against poison, just not that much. My primary hunting spot is the graves, so I encounter poison quite often. I don't always leave my shelter on, until I'm in a situation were I need it. For example going to rez someone by the blood viper king. I'm reasonably sure the shelter does reduce damage by a little bit, and every bit helps.

shodanjr_gr
20-12-03, 22:20
No.

Poison is hardly a decent attack at the moment.

Nerfing it is not logical.

Mr_Snow
20-12-03, 22:24
If poison gets stronger maybe but poison sucks too much at the moment to warrant it.

Spies over powered?o.O

renton
21-12-03, 05:07
@ mr pimp, ull prolly find that the viper king does nrg and poision damage on contact, as the shamen does.

when im fighting the shamen i make shure the teams got the shelters up to stop the nrg hit the wee bugger gives meh.

may b wrong but heh its my 2 nc

/marty

/edit spelling lol

nonamebrandeggs
21-12-03, 05:19
Spies can reach PE resists/hp?

Netphreak
21-12-03, 05:30
Originally posted by Dribble Joy

Spies tbh are kinda overpowered (IMO) as they can reach near PE resits and hp and do more dmg, so speccing poison, not only protects them, but possibly balances.

Not quite sure how youfigue that out, spies need to gimp their main skill i.e. in order to use inq armor and shelter etc. through the usage of a moveon and drugs.
Drugs are a complete gimpage and pain in the ass most people dont use them all the time so you can't really say spies have almost pe resists and having heavy belts doesn't cut it either. You can only wear one at a time after all.

Sorry for going of topic slightly poison damage should be increased before shelter is allowed to reduce its damage.