PDA

View Full Version : Cudos to NC players

phunqe
20-12-03, 02:07
This post is hanging in between in-game and out-game, but I hope it will be shown mercy ;)

Anyway, me and my clan just did a spontaneus mini event on Pluto where I created a trial account and handed a datadisc with a short story to a random runner. Then the character which I started died in the middle of medcare (apparently from a virus the datadisc might have contained) (short version: lost message, irrata b, survivours, aliens coming etc etc)

Now after this I must say players in medicare played along very well. I logged one of my clan characters to listen in on the discussions that were started (what did happen, why did he die, the message in the datadisc etc). Some were DMed by us asking them to play along, but most players "switched" to RP context by themselves and did a wonderful work for adding to the atmosphere (some started "feeling" pains, running out of the place scared, even died from the "virus").

Just wanted to say... If we could see more of this... NC Players DO have it. It was really great ;)
It wasn't much, I know... but it would surely be fun to see more of these kind of things... I did even feel exited (yes in a good way o_O)

I'll be going on vacation now... really... so have a Merry Christmas and all that :D

Ah yes, and I really really regret that I did say in local it was an event... I would've really enjoyed how the discussion might have turned out... :p

Cheers,
phunqe

Shadow Dancer
20-12-03, 02:09
Have fun on your vacation m8. :angel:

naimex
20-12-03, 02:24
ye more events plz..

but as you stated yours was a mini event..

how about a long term event ??

like one that lasts a week ??

a siege, a find the lost artifact of XXXXXX (for instance add a UNIQUE weapon ? only 1 single of its kind. cant be researched cant be repaired.. an item that has durability 120 and when thats used.. its just unusable..) or some unique armor or anything..

something that can keep people fighting, or searching for something for as long as it takes to win or to find it..

Kimiko
20-12-03, 02:51
Does it have to stop here?

I found it particularly interesting - thanks. But it also brought to light a few things... http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=85362

Leebzie
20-12-03, 02:58
So thats what it was

We were getting pretty in depth there, wonder quite what was going on...:)