PDA

View Full Version : I like to pay for it, but i admit it

___T-X____
20-12-03, 01:36
what game u paying for next ? anyone Beta'ing Face of Mankind (edited)there's been hype, but i havent spoke with anyone who has played it....

Lineage 2 is looking good

www.mmorpg.com

edited my post as per Nidds

(sorry Nidd, but i got to say to him - 'If you play with fire')

(cant resist it mate, its like going in the Gorse Hill on Stretford Rd and trying not to order a pint of Boddies...)

*ph33r*
20-12-03, 01:37
Face of dogshit.... how creative... [ edited for violation of the forum rules - homophobic flame ]

Nidhogg
20-12-03, 01:51
Did someone throw napalm on these servers tonight? *ph33r*, you have stated on another forum that shall remain nameless
The neocron community now is an absolute disgrace. I won't go into reasons why, as I know discussion about said MMORPG is against the forums rules. Let's just say these forums are a breeze compared to that of neocron's.Yet you have consistently been one of the worst offenders.

Homophobic flames are an automatic forum ban and it is well deserved.

N

/edit - FOMK discussion is not allowed until it hits retail.

Jest
20-12-03, 01:52
Originally posted by Nidhogg
*ph33r*, you have stated on another forum that shall remain nameless Yet you have consistently been one of the worst offenders.

N Hahahaha Pwned

Elric
20-12-03, 01:57
whoa...

anyways..

FoM beta hasnt started yet, its a good thing too I reckon. Most likely its what I'll be paying for next. Possibly FFXI if i get round to buying it, Im a huge fan of the Single player ones and it looks worth a try.

Plenty of stuff up and coming, but all in all Im also looking forward to X-Universe online. Its not well known or anything, but I await with baited breath. (Basically MMO Elite, released a single player sequel version recently, X2-The Threat, theyre planning on building an MMO around the same universe and play style from what i have read)

[edit] Ph33r does have a point to be honest, although the smaller, more tightly knit community in other game forums may have alot to do with it. Once they go off properly, Im sure it'll be very similar. It is hard to read through the daily nerf threads and flames (although mods do keep it mostly under control) and find that little bit of entertainment and community feeling here.

Matthew.v.smith
20-12-03, 01:59
Unlucky ph33r just watch your hand next time man :p

Matty.:angel:

Dardalion
20-12-03, 02:01
Originally posted by Nidhogg

/edit - FOMK discussion is not allowed until it hits retail.
Gonna be a while then cos on MMORPG.com it shows new date of 1st April for release ;)

___T-X____
20-12-03, 02:02
need a fresh post, understandable, wash all the dirt out the thread off. Didnt know fomk wasnt allowed. I want to talk about up and coming games talked about on Mmorpg, are they all out of bounds until their individual release m8?

Nidhogg
20-12-03, 02:03
No, you're free to discuss any other game regardless of its state. You will also be free and very welcome to discuss FOMK if and when it hits retail.

N

___T-X____
20-12-03, 02:07
fair do's Nidd. Is anyone Beta testing any good games at the mo ?

as far as the biggy's are concerned, no-one has turned around to me and said - 'FFXI/SWG is the ultimate in mmorpg's!!!its a must have' so i guess they are run-of-the-mill.

tbh, doesnt seem as if our favorite industry has moved much in the last 6 months from where im standing, but feel free to prove me wrong....

SeXy Happy
20-12-03, 02:24
Hey TX just got to say I beta tested URU....man what complete crap. Took me a while to figure out that I was actually playing an MMORPG. I mean I knew it was supposed to be...but no one was there. Couldn't hear anyone talking. Come to find out you have to go through riddles to get a tool that allows you to talk to people....only problem is that still noone was talking. Because no one was there. Really sucked. Maybe now that it is retail there are people on there. But really it just looked like one of those avatar chat things with puzzles for people to do. No real GAME in the MMORP"G". But I will say it looked very beautiful. I should know. I got a great look at it frame by frame (fps was like 5fps)

jernau
20-12-03, 02:34
FFXI - It isn't beta anymore. I know a few people in it now and they all rave about it. One is an ex-NC player who prefers it largely because it has no random PKers. PvP isn't fully implemented there as I understand it and will never be like it is here. It's apparently very stable, has few bugs and feels very "polished". I'll be playing it as soon as the UK gets an official release.

Lineage 2 - Looks interesting but it's not really my thing. No idea on Beta state.

PristonTale - Free Beta. Nice looking game, a sort of FF-lite. Too "carebear" for me and the interface needs a serious rethink in a lot of areas.

EvE - Plenty of threads here about that. I was in the Beta and wouldn't dream of paying for it.

Gunbound - Free beta. Not an RPG (or an FPS) at all but a total laugh to play.

Savage - This one looks really smart. Beta is free if you pre-order the game IIRC. I keep meaning to give it a go but haven't done so yet.

That's the first few I thought of. I don't really know what kind of thing you are looking for though.

Kimiko
20-12-03, 03:24
Lineage 2 seems much more of a hack and slash type of RPG than a proper RP game. I played in the Korean Beta with a couple of friends, its a very cool looking game (MUCH better looking than NC, and runs a lot smoother) just waiting to hear of any english beta now.

NC has been swell, but the swellings gone down quite a bit.

.Cyl0n
20-12-03, 04:04
lineage 2 corean beta rocked :D

only the mages... bah ...they're crap at low - mid lvl =(

KramerTheWeird
20-12-03, 04:28
When I get the money I think I'll play Horizons. Although it would be hard playing two mmo's, so maybe I won't, or I'll drop nc entirely. I don't think FoM has reached public beta quite yet but that could also mean I wasn't accepted into the first stage. Lineage 2 looks very promising.

Dardalion
20-12-03, 09:16
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
When I get the money I think I'll play Horizons. Although it would be hard playing two mmo's, so maybe I won't, or I'll drop nc entirely. I don't think FoM has reached public beta quite yet but that could also mean I wasn't accepted into the first stage. Lineage 2 looks very promising.

Horizons has Everquest graphics and didnt do anything for me in beta :rolleyes:

WebShock
20-12-03, 11:54
how about matrix online?

i hear its launch date is 1 JAN.

Something about being able to ninja kick someone in Max Payne style bullet time. Only, the skills are tradeable like pokemon cards.

HMM. i like the matrix genre... i even liked the enter the matrix game, i dunno if i want to pay to play a rpg that is turn based. i can do that on a playstation or nintendo. it's just not my bowl of wax.
what other perks come with matrix online?

Mumblyfish
20-12-03, 12:07
Originally posted by WebShock
what other perks come with matrix online?

It's a bloody good reason to detest mankind, by the looks of things. If you ever need a reason to kill everyone in your immediate vicinity, just fire up Matrix Online (http://www.thematrixonline.com/).

Edit: A bit late on the gravy train, but much pointing and laughing at ph33r ensues!

KramerTheWeird
20-12-03, 12:58
I played horizons on beta too, I really like the crafting system and how there is no set price because players make the prices. Customization of items by crafters is really cool too.

___T-X____
20-12-03, 13:01
Horizons crafting.....is it comparable with the slots/mods/quality system in NC ?

I like to have uber shit lol and show ppl

KramerTheWeird
20-12-03, 13:03
No, more like you use more varied components to build something with standard condition and no chances to be improved. You can use special techniques and items during crafting to improve the item once it is completed. Everything from arrows to buildings is crafted by players.

___T-X____
20-12-03, 13:04
that sounbds really good, dont ruin it and tell me its turn-based/expensive/no pvp....

Matthew.v.smith
20-12-03, 13:05
Well i like turnbased stuff Tbh.

As long as its free running Turnbased (U get to move about and a bar charges up when it hits full u choose a move like on "parasite Eve") and also as long as the Special FX look damn good im fine with that.

even if u have to sit about waiting to attack i still think it sounds ok Just make sure the Special FX are good!!:p

Matty.:angel:

Im talking about Matrix online (i also loved the matrix game)

Plus eve and planetsiede look cool aswell!

KramerTheWeird
20-12-03, 13:06
lol ya, combat sucks (turn based), and only guild pvp as far as I know. You can't play that game for pvp, have to have a side game. But RP and crafting is worth it.

___T-X____
20-12-03, 13:07
lol,kramer....the search continues ;)

Barak
20-12-03, 14:41
I'm playing SWG at the moment.. what is really strange is i've been pked more times in it then I ever have in NC put together o_O

dunno how it was in beta tho..

Marx
20-12-03, 15:34
Originally posted by Barak
I'm playing SWG at the moment.. what is really strange is i've been pked more times in it then I ever have in NC put together o_O

LOL yeah.

With my dude on Lowca I get killed practically everywhere because I'm a good ole' imperial dude.

The new republic's a bunch of ingrateful galactic newblars.

:confused:

LTA
20-12-03, 15:37
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird

Nah Beta just aint started yet, somtime shortly very shortly i believe O_o

Playing FFXI myself atm, just switch between that and nc gives me the equal refreshing changes between game types.