PDA

View Full Version : Op Fights - The new rage is...

Kimiko
20-12-03, 00:56
... turrets, UG zone fighting, and of course a return of the old overpowering numbers routine. How often do you see them all at the same time?

First shot, me killed by an APU. Was alright, I'm like 42/37 :p
http://www.geocities.com/njorikku/opfightcycff/op1.txt

Second shot, did you see where that APU went past? Whats there now?
http://www.geocities.com/njorikku/opfightcycff/op2.txt

Few seconds later:
http://www.geocities.com/njorikku/opfightcycff/op3.txt
http://www.geocities.com/njorikku/opfightcycff/op4.txt

Dont have any good shots of the APU's zoning up and down, barrelling in between, because - well because I've seen it in the last few op fights with them and its so old now. That and they go soo fast!

Linked to pictures to save bandwidth. If you get red x's try later... cant access the anarchy-breed.com ftp atm :/

FuzzyDuck
20-12-03, 00:58
Originally posted by Kimiko
... turrets, UG zone fighting, and of course a return of the old overpowering numbers routine. How often do you see them all at the same time?

First shot, me killed by an APU. Was alright, I'm like 42/37 :p
http://www.geocities.com/njorikku/opfightcycff/op1.txt

Second shot, did you see where that APU went past? Whats there now?
http://www.geocities.com/njorikku/opfightcycff/op2.txt

Few seconds later:
http://www.geocities.com/njorikku/opfightcycff/op3.txt
http://www.geocities.com/njorikku/opfightcycff/op4.txt

Dont have any good shots of the APU's zoning up and down, barrelling in between, because - well because I've seen it in the last few op fights with them and its so old now. That and they go soo fast!

Linked to pictures to save bandwidth. If you get red x's try later... cant access the anarchy-breed.com ftp atm :/

are those links meant to be .txt ? I can't seem to view them =\

nonamebrandeggs
20-12-03, 00:59
You've got a wall and you need to get over it. There is a ladder. Do you use the ladder or dig through it with your toes? You can't climb over it you whores.

But yeah it is pretty damn lame, though not entirely the players fault.

Nexxy
This is so gunna turn into a "clan Z does this so we do this blah blah blah" thread but yeah i agree.

I dont mind turrets at an OP but dropping them in fights is lame.

Possessed
Yeah something definently has to be done about this, i.e. a 30 sec cst time to place turrets will do nicely

[EDIT] @ fuzzy, you have to copy and past the URLs into your address bar, afaik geocites doesn't like remote linking.

.Cyl0n
20-12-03, 01:00
damn i'm so pissed imo.. those fuckin turrets destroy the last fun in op wars...

PLEASE KK make a damn 2 or 1 min timer for them...
i'm near quitting nc because of this lame shit =/

its like a group of 20 ppl gets killed... and the enemy clan actually only killed 2 of them.. turrets killed all others :rolleyes:

bah

/e
@ fuzzy just .. right click - open with - select a image viewer
works for me :)

Jest
20-12-03, 01:01
Originally posted by Nexxy
This is so gunna turn into a "clan Z does this so we do this blah blah blah" thread but yeah i agree.
Crackheads eat babies!! Onoz!!

Kimiko
20-12-03, 01:05
Keep any name calling out of this thread - it doesnt belong here.

The people who have been doing this know who they are, and me pointing this finger at them is enough for me.

Request to moderators : If anyone flames in this thread please edit their post instead of closing this thread. Thankyou

Keep it clean, ty.

Flyl
20-12-03, 01:17
20 second CST time during which you're not able to move.

End of problem

Cad
20-12-03, 01:24
Yeah, turret placing during the op war really does suck ass. All you get is stealthing spies running to the GOGO, picking up turrets, placing em, runnin back down waiting for the next Turret Destroyed message. Most annoying having to wait until the enemy has run out of turrets/cash or until you manage to cunningly hack the op. All I can say is, its only one clan who excessively does it, they know who they are, and I know they will soon fall.

Jest
20-12-03, 01:42
I won't mention names, and it won't be one of those extremely obvious hints at who does what but, I just gotta say that most people are hypocrites in matters like this. Ive foughten in a lot of op wars, and I have no doubt that you think this specific clan is the worst culprit of turret dropping. But plain and simple, I have seen almost every clan I have ever foughten AND been a part of drop turrets like this.

In one sense its like smacking a dog and wondering why it bit you. The using of "lame" tactics escalates on both sides, each side using the rational that the other one does it. Then one side stops using that tactic for whatever reason, but the other side continues. You smacked the dog, it bit back, and now you feel wronged.

My suggestion? Get over it. As long as the mechanics exist to do it, it will happen. Dont pretend like your above it. I have seen EVERY side do this. Perhaps make a constructive thread that won't result in name calling by page 3. You asked to keep it clean but it was dirty by the first post when you posted the screen shots.

deac
20-12-03, 01:42
whaa whaa whaa we got owned and we dont like it

ffs...

btw agree with jest here...

VirtualReGen
20-12-03, 01:44
hahahaha ^_^

Psychoninja
20-12-03, 01:48
Originally posted by deac
whaa whaa whaa we got owned and we dont like it

ffs...

btw agree with jest here...

There goes the first one...
Turrets need time to place.

edit: nmyou added something constructive :P

Kimiko
20-12-03, 02:16
Screw it. You cant seem to realise that your actions are simply tarnishing any reputation you might have had. If thats your wish then fine.

Mod, please close thread.

kurai
20-12-03, 03:13
There's also the extra special "tactic" of dropping a turret on someone dead, to prevent rez.

Gotta love some people's will to win, despite the fact they couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag :D

Shadow Dancer
20-12-03, 03:15
How about dropping a stun gat and casting shelter on it?

:p

Keiron
20-12-03, 03:28
I never really view turrets as a big problem. Get an APU on it, or a spy with SH and it's toast. S/D'd stun turrets die VERY quickly to one of the above.

kurai
20-12-03, 03:39
Originally posted by Keiron
I never really view turrets as a big problem. Get an APU on it, or a spy with SH and it's toast. S/D'd stun turrets die VERY quickly to one of the above. SH is only really useful for stuns.

The high hit points of the Level 3 offensive varieties, and the low RoF of the SH means it takes forever.
Ray of God or Disruptor work faster.

Ascension
20-12-03, 03:42
Lol A certain CLan "X" last night dropped a stun inside a Yo's Shop
"Gab mine" and because there are boxes there loadsa People were forced against the boxes and couldn't move to kill the Gat!

Also same fight another stun trap got everyone stuck on the way down into Gab hack room..

Lol I think a Construction time is needed.. Because the turret is in a Box ready 2 assemble.. and u aint gonna be able to make the turret in a split 2nd..

Maybe adding a "feature" that if you have a Construct skill the turret builds quicker?

Just my thoughts

;)

KramerTheWeird
20-12-03, 04:21
Screw it. You cant seem to realise that your actions are simply tarnishing any reputation you might have had. If thats your wish then fine.

Mod, please close thread.

Kimiko, you can't seem to realize that Jest is right.

Everyone does this, your clan included. No one is above any when there the mechanics can allow for the tactics to be used.

Carinth had long ago said, it doesn't matter what you do, you will be a cheap clan to many, and they will use the same tactics on you.

Possessed
20-12-03, 04:30
There's only 2 op war clans that i can say for sure have never done this... and that is SS and spirit... stop generalising.
(from what I've seen anyway, and I have been in SS for about 10 weeks... and fought with them for a little time before, so that pretty much covers the recent past)

Also, just because "everyone" does this means that it shouldn't be changed? good reasoning there....

KramerTheWeird
20-12-03, 04:36
Nope, I never said I didn't want it to change. And if you haven't done something like this, there are plenty of things people can look at and call cheap.

It doesn't matter what you do, you are going to cause problems like this. Therefore complaining about one abuse of mechanic is being hypocritical as your clan will be capable of another.

Stun turrets: 10 seconds, occupies processor window
Plasma Turrets MkIII: 5 second, "
Gatling MkIII: 20 seconds, "
Artillery MkIII: 15 seconds, "

t0tt3
20-12-03, 04:39
What I saw 3 days ago when I attacked was a gatling turret pushed my APU out from Jeriko.... Strange that TEH clan that did that whines against us when we does the same thing..

Ooooh yea easy talk crap about others, but when you are crapping your are hiding in a WC toilet :rolleyes:

So plz stop this whine and all these PS of this and that who cares when all know you are doing the same thing.

Happend for 6 months ago and it happends today nothing special..
Take away the turrets and make sensors instead in OP hack room so it reports to clan when someone is in that room.

YES!!!!! Spell shecker plz sheck me..... or what your name is :p:D

t0tt3
20-12-03, 04:44

And yes the solution for zoners... BARREL BARREL BARREL!!!!!!!!
Need a APU to kill one :P or hmm naaaaa :lol:

petek480
20-12-03, 04:46
Originally posted by t0tt3
And yes the solution for zoners... BARREL BARREL BARREL!!!!!!!!
Need a APU to kill one :P or hmm naaaaa :lol:
I'd like to see you keep enough people barreling the ug while people zone up dropping stuns pushing you back and gats shooting at you.

t0tt3
20-12-03, 05:16
Bad code from KK side that you can drop OFFENSIVE things while cloaked..

And no I dont like turrets.. But I dont like 30 to 9 either so whats the solution?

Jest
20-12-03, 05:57
Originally posted by Possessed
There's only 2 op war clans that i can say for sure have never done this... and that is SS and spirit... stop generalising.
(from what I've seen anyway, and I have been in SS for about 10 weeks... and fought with them for a little time before, so that pretty much covers the recent past)

Also, just because "everyone" does this means that it shouldn't be changed? good reasoning there.... No my point was not just because every one does it means it shouldnt be changed. My point is you can't expect people not to do it if the game mechanics allow for it. I hate parashock with a vengence and yet I use it all the time with my PPU. As long as the game allows for me to use it I will, even though I utlimately wish I didnt have too.

Posts can be much more constructive, perhaps giving an IDEA to the solution, not just accusing a clan. (Oh Im sorry, posting pictures of a clan but not say any names). As for SS and Spirit, when I was in TR SS used tutrrets offensively quite a bit. (Granted that was a long time ago and they could have stopped using them). Thats not a accusation or a flame. Im just saying they did. As for Spirit I have never fought them so I couldnt tell you one way or the other. But have they never once used them offensively?

And ultimately arguing on who uses them is pointless. The main thing to do if it truly needs to change is to create a constructive post and say what needs to change. But people cant do that, they always have to protect their egos and start the flames. Id start a thread myself but I havent been active enough in op wars lately so I wouldnt be able to fairly treat the subject. Perhaps some one else could do it.

solling
20-12-03, 06:15
ok well for starters this is not really a new trend its been done for a looooooooooooong time by ALL clans only clan i aint seen doing it is spirit and well we dont fight em so i dont know all other clans have done it all other clans i fought i have seen done it so plz dont come in here with ur WE DO NOT DO THAT BUT U DO LAMERS attitude everyone does it yes should it be changed also yes i would love a 30 sec or 1 min delay on turrets would be the best soloution as far as i can se

but claiming we dont do that just wont do

Darkborg
20-12-03, 08:37
this thread is an obvious flame some mod please close it the screenshots names includes ff and i have seriously had it with some of clans doing gripes on the forums.

yes we have used dirty tactics so has just about anyone i know and im not even going to go into the reasons for it because we have been through that ingame and on the forum countless times. Honestly i dislike these tactics. but what i dislike even more is when people accuse us of using these tactics unfounded. I couldnt care less about who started it.
But dont just expect us to roll over and die when you bring alot of people against us. if we dont show because we know god and everybody is attacking is you Come in here and bitch and make fun.
When we win you come in here and gripe ( over tactics or whatever).
Only thing that appears to satisfy you seems to be if we do roll over when you come well lemme tell you something A'int gonna happen.

petek480
20-12-03, 09:07
Originally posted by Darkborg
Only thing that appears to satisfy you seems to be if we do roll over when you come well lemme tell you something A'int gonna happen.
It happened today buddy;)

deac
20-12-03, 11:18
Originally posted by petek480
It happened today buddy;)

not while i was online..... ff vs ss 2-1

Kimiko
20-12-03, 12:06
Yesterday when these pictures were taken - you had even numbers, if not more.

And in the last two weeks of fighting with SS and SSi, not once have we used zone fighting tactics, nor dropped turrets mid battle like you have done in the last few op fights.

solling
20-12-03, 12:42
SO kim ? u have done it urself and not to long in the past i agree the turret placing situation have to change really but dont gimme that we never do attitude cuz u know u do it to

Kimiko
20-12-03, 12:59
I've zone fought? I've dropped turrets? I havnt even held a turret in the past year, and I've never zone fought.

If you're referring to SSi and SS, then you're either a: wrong, b: referring to times before I joined.

Last time I fought with SS/i against spirit, some of my clan started ressing after we had won. My first reaction was to kill them again, when I was told to stop by the rest of my clan. Every spirit who remained was ressed and sent on their way - even though two of them tried to make trouble again.

Someone accused me of trying to push a dead body to prevent ressing - the fact I didnt even know this was possible doesnt really help that statement.

I fought SS for months from beta into retail as an FA - they were the enemy. Now I'm fighting alongside them, they have shown themselves to be nothing but honorable fighters, gracious winners and losers. Hell, cy wouldnt even let me sex someones dead body.

KramerTheWeird
20-12-03, 13:05
I don't approve of cheap tactics and I discourage players and clan mates from using them, but it doesn't make you better than someone else if they use a game mechanic you refuse to use due to some morality issues. That whole elitist shit is one of the worst mentalities in this game.

deac
20-12-03, 13:54
Originally posted by KramerTheWeird
That whole elitist shit is one of the worst mentalities in this game.

yes yes yes.... just play the freaking game stop trying to change it into something it isnt.....

Im getting soo tired of it.... If you dont freaking like it LEAVE but stop trying to force others to play the game the way you would like it.

You guys just cant stand to loose can you?

Kimiko
20-12-03, 14:07
Since when have I ever forced anyone to fight the way I want them to? Theres a difference between telling someone what to do and pointing something out.

Its not an elitist thing - that would be us raising ourselves above the standard - you just seem to lower yourselves below it.

We dont mind losing to an honorable foe.

ZigZag
20-12-03, 14:09
Kimiko u aint been around long?

lemme list some stuff - a few months back turrets in the ug did not change even if the op was hacked and there was one person still down there - I saw clans (yours was the first i saw do it) specifically keep a person in UG in order to keep the turrets theirs so that they could zone up and down. I did not think it a lame tactic (the zoning) as, at the time, u were outnumbered.

A lil while ago at tezla - Pete running out of ur safe area dropping stuns in amongst the enemy - did not happen? The same op - 7 v (we counted 17 backpacks) - and u expect no turrets? Last night at Jeriko we had 4 - def more than that enemies hacking the op and turrets were dropped on us.

FF do this - we find out the numbers coming - bring even numbers and we do not drop turrets - the higher the ratio goes the more turrets ull see. Second time last night u came there were no turrets used - u still lost. At jeriko - we had 9 - there were 22+ coming - and u moan we dropped turrets. I seem to remember the huge arguement about the time we had 16 ppl and u had 11 (although shortly before that u had 16 online) this was the lamest thing ur clan had ever seen done in ur entire op fighting history.

Im not going to even go into the trading ppus while they leaving an op after the fight has been lost - twice ur clan has done it to me and no.... not by accident.

deac
20-12-03, 14:10
Since when have I ever forced anyone to fight the way I want them to? Theres a difference between telling someone what to do and pointing something out.

Its not an elitist thing - that would be us raising ourselves above the standard - you just seem to lower yourselves below it.

Your whining about turrets....

What foking standard? who decides that? you?

KramerTheWeird
20-12-03, 14:13

What is the standard?

In this case, the standard is what is typical in terms of tactics and warfare used by clans. You say yourself that almost every other clan BUT yours does these lame tactics. Therefore they are the standard, and you are the elitist.

I'm not disrespecting SS but saying you are better because you don't resort to certain tactics is just elitist bullshit. It also makes you look bad when you whine about it, and everyone else just shrugs it off and continues on playing, yet you know your clan is fully capable of some form or another of abuse in game mechanics that would be qualified as lame. If it isn't zoning while turret deployment, it's tl3 heal, if isn't tl3 heal it's zone hopping, if it isn't zone hopping it's pushing corpses, etc.

Kimiko
20-12-03, 14:20
Not once have I said we were better for not using them, not once have I said that every clan but SS uses these tactics, merely the clan that we fought the other day.

And ZigZag, I started in Beta4, fighting against SS in Tech Haven. Thats beside the point, as I'm referring to SS's actions in the time I've been with them.

Anna
20-12-03, 14:36
yes yes yes.... just play the freaking game stop trying to change it into something it isnt.....

Im getting soo tired of it.... If you dont freaking like it LEAVE but stop trying to force others to play the game the way you would like it.
ahem...
and how does the ppu nerf fit into your view?

mehirc
20-12-03, 14:41
We never dropped massively turrets during a battle, thats a fact. Maybe we once dropped a Stun or a Gat midfight when it was necessary, for example to stop UG zoning, but thats all.

I know, as long as ingame mechanics allow such stuff it will be done and justified. You know, the only thing that we want is a fair fight. But well, you cant force that on someone, just set a good example.

Be sure, no matter how often we loose to such lameness, we will not stoop to doing the same just to win.

deac
20-12-03, 14:51
Originally posted by Anna
ahem...
and how does the ppu nerf fit into your view?

what ppu nerf? the rezz one? best change ever

and look no one is forcing you to come to OUR ops and fight... but if you do then dont whine....

deac
20-12-03, 14:54
ok all this whining is pissing me off.. going to spend the rest of the day ressing bps for turrets....

Edit: oops tried to do a edit but pressed quote...

Anna
20-12-03, 15:37
what ppu nerf? the rezz one? best change ever

and look no one is forcing you to come to OUR ops and fight... but if you do then dont whine....
you missed the point completely, but honestly, thats what i had expected of you :rolleyes:

KramerTheWeird
20-12-03, 16:30
Originally posted by mehirc
I know, as long as ingame mechanics allow such stuff it will be done and justified. You know, the only thing that we want is a fair fight. But well, you cant force that on someone, just set a good example.

Good words there.

deac
20-12-03, 17:09
you missed the point completely, but honestly, thats what i had expected of you :rolleyes:

well then care to explain it to me? English is only my 3rd language

Anna
20-12-03, 18:19
well then care to explain it to me? English is only my 3rd language
if you really wonna know, ask me ingame, if i try to explain myself here nid will propably come by with his "keep it ingame" hammer

deac
20-12-03, 18:55
if you really wonna know, ask me ingame, if i try to explain myself here nid will propably come by with his "keep it ingame" hammer

i think its too late allrdy..... mods must be sleeping today..

petek480
20-12-03, 20:58
Originally posted by ZigZag
A lil while ago at tezla - Pete running out of ur safe area dropping stuns in amongst the enemy - did not happen? The same op - 7 v (we counted 17 backpacks) - and u expect no turrets? Last night at Jeriko we had 4 - def more than that enemies hacking the op and turrets were dropped on us.

And when was this? Because with my setup I haven't been able to carry a turret and move for a long time.

deac
21-12-03, 01:43
support 3 helps a lot...

petek480
21-12-03, 01:44
support 3 helps a lot...
Yes it does, but since i dont' go around dropping turrets i usually have spy 3 on.

Clownst0pper
21-12-03, 19:21
MY solution..

Each OP has a permanent set of turrets.

Located to the best effect at defending a particular OP's Layout.

When these turrets are destroyed they act like the old FA defence turrets, they go into the ground.

To re-make them you need a repairer to use a remote tool on them, once again they will become active.

Da da! fixed!

thewarrior008
21-12-03, 22:56
the turet buildeing busines will go down the riva then..... oooo pooor opiate :D

KramerTheWeird
22-12-03, 01:20
The mods are sure lax.. wasn't this discussion asked to be closed on the second page?

Kimiko
22-12-03, 02:36
First page, but never mind :)

Would've stopped Mehirc getting a message in - which was pretty much what I was getting at in the first place, or trying to :p

NaKoth
22-12-03, 11:23
As said above many times; make turrets have constr timer, 30 seconds or so and that u cannot move during this. Seems little bit unreal to deploy a massive turret (from a tiny little box from your inventory) in a second. Case solved (no more stalth spys dropping turrets, coz most use stealth 2).

About the "zoning-into-ug-and-back" style of fighting. Hard to say.. but... i dont think it is a very viable fighting method any more. This I say coz, when enemy comes up, they most likely are going to loose one member atleast on that trip. Nowdays when the rezz times ae long, they are never going to get that person up again (like in the past). So eventually they will all be dead at the precious UG entrance. Its still annoyin, but what can u do....