PDA

View Full Version : Why do PE's refuse to share their CON setups?

garyu69
19-12-03, 20:42
Out of all the classes it seems that people who play the PE are the class who keep their setup closest to their chest. Why?

Here is my CON

http://www.garyu69.com/consetup.jpg

ghandisfury
19-12-03, 20:45
I'ld amagine it's because they have a good setup?:p

Seriously mate, you need to work on that alot.

Cruzbroker
19-12-03, 20:47
I don't share any of my setups, and I don't ask them. I work them all out of my own head. You should do that.

Tycho C
19-12-03, 20:48
Yeah. Seriously lacking.

On the note of sharing, plenty of people give pointers. No one shares because everyone had to work to figure their setup out.
You can do the same.

Stigmata
19-12-03, 20:52
Originally posted by Tycho C
Yeah. Seriously lacking.

On the note of sharing, plenty of people give pointers. No one shares because everyone had to work to figure their setup out.
You can do the same.

no one has to work, with char planners that have armor, implants buffs etc on them its a piece of piss to do, you can work out a setup then tweak it in the time it takes to cap the pe.

And why are slagging off a resist setup if you dont even know what armor or buffs he has on, thats so dumb

garyu69
19-12-03, 20:53
Yeah why slag my setup?

Is it because for once it is something different to the so called Cookie cutters?

This setup i got myself, and i believe it works well.

Possessed
19-12-03, 20:55
Yeah pretty much every PE i know don't mind helping someone with their resists (including me), but i would only give my setup to a close friend (which I have in the past). It doesn't take much work (especially now days) to get a passable setup...

Clownst0pper
19-12-03, 21:11
Mine works for me, and TBH I dont want it to work for others.

Selfish?

Yes.

Easy to find my setup?

Yes.

Get a resist skill manager, piece of piss. :cool:

Otherwise dont ask, I spent hours getting my con setup perfect, not for some idle tit to just ask for it and use it.

Get some skills :angel:

Tycho C
19-12-03, 21:16
Char planners that give you the % values or taken (or absorbed) dmg all all fine till you realize they are wrong....

In all reality they are a good place to start. Only testing will show you the true cap of a resists and let you know when to stop putting points into something.

Your setup is lacking cause youhave really low numbers. We all stared somewhere, and that's where you're at. Give it time and testing and you will get a good setup that is right for you. There's barely such a thing as a cookie-cutter setup. Everyone has it tweek to their likeing. The only things that are cookie-cutter are the IMPs and Armor, cause they provide the biggest bang for the buck. Who wouldn't want that?

RuriHoshino
19-12-03, 21:21
Could someone tell me which is the best (read most up to date) skill planner available now? Please?:o

nonamebrandeggs
19-12-03, 21:35
Originally posted by Possessed
Yeah pretty much every PE i know don't mind helping someone with their resists (including me), but i would only give my setup to a close friend (which I have in the past). It doesn't take much work (especially now days) to get a passable setup...

cough

I thought up my spies resists, and I helped out a few people, but still have not given them to anyone :D. Oh yeah and they suck.

VetteroX
19-12-03, 21:35
I'll tell you why for me at least. I made my pe great before char planners stigmata, and was able to beat every other pe. I still am able to beat every PE I fight more then they beat me, so that char planner isnt doing enough for people I guess. I put a huge amount of effort into making my pe and I dont want anyone getting the fruits of my labor for free. I dont want lots of challening people out there. I like the challenging duel every now and then but I dont want the masses to be strong. I like mowing people down to be honest. I like attacking another high level pe, hit with a few bursts of lib, see a huge amount of hp fly up, and say "oh boy, we got someone with no skills here. easy kill and your belt is mine" Also, I really liked it before the stupid skills manager when I and like 2 other pes in all of neocron had a good resist setup, could take 3 clips of CS before dieing, and everyone was like "wtf!? how is that possible!?" "with effort, thats how" My setup is still the best Ive seen though, thouth the gaps not anywhere near as big as it was :(

Also, theres plenty of people Ive given pointers to, or people that watch get better and better in duels because they copy how I move and stuff, or they talk to me at length and I let some things id prefer to keep secret slip, or I like them and just feel like giving some advise. But almost nobody ever says thanks, theres actually only one person I can think of at the moment who got a lot better at pes because of me who actually said thanks.

So long story short, most people are my enemies, (because of faction) why make them stronger? I dont get any appreciation, why do it? And I love beating people in duels, freinds and enemies. Would you give advise to your opponent when you really care about winning?

Cad
19-12-03, 21:36
Con setups are like gay experiences, should be kept to yourself.

Dardalion
19-12-03, 21:38
Originally posted by garyu69
Out of all the classes it seems that people who play the PE are the class who keep their setup closest to their chest. Why?

Here is my CON

http://www.garyu69.com/consetup.jpg

Everyone and their dog will use poison on you now m8 :D

Jest
19-12-03, 21:47
I hate to say it but I enjoy mowing people down too. There are several equal level or above PEs out there and I probably have more fun fighting people better than me, but there is nothing like the satisfaction of just absolutely owning an equal level PE with superior skill and setup.

Let me just give you some advice on yours though. Your fire is probably too high, depending on your armor. Your energy might be good, as long as you have med energy belt and one other piece of armor that gives energy protection. Xray is WAY too low, even if you were wearing complete gamma bones which I see your not. Xray would just rip though you. Poison? Well this is a hard one, I have only recently speced for poison myself. It made my other resists weaker but I refuse to die to a friggin flamethrower Gentank. With 0 Poison resist I hope you have your QB filled with drugs. Athletics? Man I hope you have some high agility. Body Health is good. Hope that helps.

Stigmata
19-12-03, 21:48
Originally posted by VetteroX
I'll tell you why for me at least. I made my pe great before char planners stigmata, and was able to beat every other pe. I still am able to beat every PE I fight more then they beat me, so that char planner isnt doing enough for people I guess. I put a huge amount of effort into making my pe and I dont want anyone getting the fruits of my labor for free. I dont want lots of challening people out there. I like the challenging duel every now and then but I dont want the masses to be strong. I like mowing people down to be honest. I like attacking another high level pe, hit with a few bursts of lib, see a huge amount of hp fly up, and say "oh boy, we got someone with no skills here. easy kill and your belt is mine" Also, I really liked it before the stupid skills manager when I and like 2 other pes in all of neocron had a good resist setup, could take 3 clips of CS before dieing, and everyone was like "wtf!? how is that possible!?" "with effort, thats how" My setup is still the best Ive seen though, thouth the gaps not anywhere near as big as it was :(

Also, theres plenty of people Ive given pointers to, or people that watch get better and better in duels because they copy how I move and stuff, or they talk to me at length and I let some things id prefer to keep secret slip, or I like them and just feel like giving some advise. But almost nobody ever says thanks, theres actually only one person I can think of at the moment who got a lot better at pes because of me who actually said thanks.

So long story short, most people are my enemies, (because of faction) why make them stronger? I dont get any appreciation, why do it? And I love beating people in duels, freinds and enemies. Would you give advise to your opponent when you really care about winning?

personally winning is not everything to me, dont get me wrong no one likes to loose, but loosing is not the be all and end of any given situation.

if i have fun in a game and end up loosing in an op war or duel (not that i take part in duelling often) so be it, if it was boring then i hate loosing, but if it was a long and interesting fight then i couldn't careless.

I do recall when the xray bones came in how incredibly easy it became to get a "decent" setup as a pe, ive just made my first pistol pe, i will see how the resists come in later, i have my plan and will see in time.

it is however wrong to slag peoples setup off, the people who do are the pricks who slate people for having a hc pe or a pistol tank, its fun to be different, and if the game needs to be taken so seriously where you feel the need to make yourself feel better by having a cookie cutter setup then i suggest you get a life.

p.s this last paragraph is not aimed at you Vet

nonamebrandeggs
19-12-03, 21:58
Originally posted by VetteroX
I still am able to beat every PE I fight more then they beat me, so that char planner isnt doing enough for people I guess.

WOWZERZ!!!!!

I'm gunna take a SS of you next time I see you so I can show it to my grandchildren!

Peeping Tom
19-12-03, 22:07
it dont take loong to make a nice pe setup with skillmanager if you got some knowlege from before :P
my pe dont have por either.. if i get por on me.. i usaly just zone and put por belt and vk on.. and heal like a fucker i am
K4F

Syntax-Error
19-12-03, 22:07
ITs seems most ego's have PE's :D

I never shared mine. main reason. the setup works for you. around what you can do and like doing. there is single "1337" setup. Sure some are better than others. but ive seen two people identical setups and one beats the other time after time. then that person tweaked and suddenly there about equal.

that fact is. i dont play this game to spend months working on a setup. ill setup how i see fit which 90% of the time is for PvM not PvP. and no matter what i say ill get the "OMG U SUX YOUR CON MUST SUX"

Its all about ego as far as i can see, all about mine is bigger than yours.

Drake6k
19-12-03, 22:13
Jack Drake is now a tank so I'll just post my resists for everyone...

in con

ath 76 (+15)
hlt 70 (+15)
end 38 (+38)
fre 61 (+15)
nrg 68 (+15)
xry 93 (+25)
por 30 (+30) (buff and filter 2 only)

in armor

39 fire
88 energy
7 xray

both

100 fire
156 energy
100 xray
30 poison

Nothing special at all, I did tons and tons of tweaking on that character. That was without almost any advice though. It isnt great but every time I got hit by a CS they'd always comment about my resists :D. I actually saved them in a word document a long time ago and I think I had changed those before I rerolled.
Think my xray and fire were 105ish and poison 40 with less energy.

Jest
19-12-03, 22:14
Originally posted by Syntax-Error
ITs seems most ego's have PE's :D
And a lot of PEs have egos too. :p

nonamebrandeggs
19-12-03, 22:18
PEs don't have feelings, therefor can't have egos.

VetteroX
19-12-03, 22:32
If you can tell me how to state a fact without driving you crazy, please tell me, but I dont see any other way.

Scikar
19-12-03, 22:34
Well you could always say, for example, "I have fought the best and won" rather than "I am the best and can beat all of you." Just helps to take the sneer out of it. :p

Jest
19-12-03, 22:35
Originally posted by nonamebrandeggs
PEs don't have feelings, therefor can't have egos. PEs dont feel? If you prick us, do we not bleed?
If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison
us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not
revenge? Oh yes my friend we feel. :p

Peeping Tom
19-12-03, 22:39
Originally posted by Jest
PEs dont feel? If you prick us, do we not bleed?
If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison
us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not
revenge? Oh yes my friend we feel. :p
no we dont all lies..
oh ffs nvm in just hollyday PE
K4F

Dribble Joy
19-12-03, 22:53
I don't tell people my setup, but I do give pointers.

My setup is specced for redflash though, so most people stay well clear.
I still can't get a CS clip lower than 50 on my PE, even harder now I spec poison and use haz 1 (less dmg on shelter too)
That said I still die fast to most people, and skill/speed is your best friend, a good con setup comes into play only against someone else with skill.
Hence why my setup is geared to defence, I have total armour values that make some people cry, but I still go down to to lowtech non-drugging people with 20 or more armour points less than me, cos I suck.

Skill managers are the proof that theory doesn't mean practice.
Oh, and I came up with my setup well before I got a skill manager.

Edit//

PEs probably defend their setups because they are the hardest to 'get right' than the other classes.(Rather they are harder to 'get right', *runs before SD gets out the Firestorm)
As vet said, a lot of work has gone into them and they don't want any old muppet getting it for free.

-=Blasehase=-
19-12-03, 23:02
Originally posted by Tycho C
Char planners that give you the % values or taken (or absorbed) dmg all all fine till you realize they are wrong....

In all reality they are a good place to start. Only testing will show you the true cap of a resists and let you know when to stop putting points into something.

its very usefull for ppl who know what they do ;)

who allready know the hardpoints and the caps

then it saves many many many time

Originally posted by stigmata
no one has to work, with char planners that have armor, implants buffs etc on them its a piece of piss to do, you can work out a setup then tweak it in the time it takes to cap the pe.

And why are slagging off a resist setup if you dont even know what armor or buffs he has on, thats so dumb

thats it... it makes life easier if u know what u do

Dribble Joy
19-12-03, 23:09
Originally posted by stigmata

Though I agree, the numbers he had on his screenie are still to low, even with some decent armour values.

XaNToR
19-12-03, 23:26
having high resists doesnt mean having a good resist setup..

To have good resists + many hp + atl thats the point ... thats why im not sharing my resist setup with many people...

Shadow Dancer
20-12-03, 00:15
Anyone ever notice that the PEs on the forum and in NC have the biggest egos in existence? And their usually pistol pes as well. It's extremely annoying and aggravating and makes me want to ignore them. I mean you see the occassional egotistical hybrid or tank, but PEs take the care.......... O-o

Originally posted by Dribble Joy

Edit//

PEs probably defend their setups because they are the hardest to 'get right' than the other classes.(Rather they are harder to 'get right', *runs before SD gets out the Firestorm)
As vet said, a lot of work has gone into them and they don't want any old muppet getting it for free.

? Why would I firestorm you? :confused:

I think PE and Hybrid are both hard to setup. But PE is obviously more balanced. :p

L0KI
20-12-03, 00:22
I do share mine with a few people, just not everyone. I managed to get 512 hp after redflash, and still have very high, very equal resists.

The skill planner doesnt include body health in reference to damage + resists - i guess a few people get lucky with the skill manager, cos i know a lot of PE's who claim to have great resists die to 1.5 clip of CS o_O

What Vet + Xantor said pretty much sums up resists. Its not too difficult to figure out from what they said. :)

Siygess
20-12-03, 00:24
Good for you, Garyu69. You're observations seem quite accurate from my own experiences (although I have had some pointers from some of the best PE's out there).

For those who care, or wants to see another PE CON setup (good or bad), heres mine before imps and armour.

Athletics: 55
Health: 65
Resist Energy: 50
Resist Fire: 50
Resist XRay: 65

If you want to know what imps and armour I'm using, and what the totals are, just ask.

Punisher-X
20-12-03, 00:28
Yep, gotta agree with the ego thing.
When reading Vetts post, I found myself leaping to the ground screaming "It's gonna blow" and pointing at Vett's head.

Sanch0s
20-12-03, 01:01
[ edited for violation of the forum rules - homophobic flame ]

garyu69
20-12-03, 01:07
Originally posted by Dardalion
Everyone and their dog will use poison on you now m8 :D hehe, since i found out that Antidote was pretty effective i never leave home with out it.

ghandisfury
20-12-03, 01:18
ok

ATL-72
HLT-105
END-16
FIR-68
ENR-60
XRR-85
POR-56

If you want to know my armor, PM me.

Cyphor
20-12-03, 01:54
After imps and a basic resist 2...

Ath 65
Hlth 75
End 38
Fire 70
Energy 65
xxr 95
pos 30

I dont see why people ask so much for resist setups, i know mine isn't great but then i also know that the best resist setup there is isnt gona help me since i suck at pvp, so i dont see the point on spending hours at it. It seems alot of people are under the impression that "magical" resists are what make people good, unfortunatly its skill at fps games.

Goes to try improve his skills...

Jest
20-12-03, 01:58
Originally posted by Cyphor
After imps and a basic resist 2...

Ath 65
Hlth 75
End 38
Fire 70
Energy 65
xxr 95
pos 30

I dont see why people ask so much for resist setups, i know mine isn't great but then i also know that the best resist setup there is isnt gona help me since i suck at pvp, so i dont see the point on spending hours at it. It seems alot of people are under the impression that "magical" resists are what make people good, unfortunatly its skill at fps games.

Goes to try improve his skills... Thats a pretty decent setup but you might want to change it up depending on the armor you use. You can probably afford to drop some fire.

As for your comment, people who are die hard into PvP want every edge they can get. If I can tweak my setup to take one less point of damage every bullet then Im gonna do it. But you are right, even the best setup in the hands of an unskilled PvPer is worthless. (Though with said setup he can probably beat other unskilled PvPers :p)

-=Blasehase=-
20-12-03, 02:18
Originally posted by L0KI
I do share mine with a few people, just not everyone. I managed to get 512 hp after redflash, and still have very high, very equal resists.

The skill planner doesnt include body health in reference to damage + resists - i guess a few people get lucky with the skill manager, cos i know a lot of PE's who claim to have great resists die to 1.5 clip of CS o_O

What Vet + Xantor said pretty much sums up resists. Its not too difficult to figure out from what they said. :)

hum... i only get 500 after redflash...

i made setups for many people...wich where equal to there playing-style.... but i WONT post them in this forum...

and to those who post con setups in here:

SAY WHICH ARMOR U THINK ITS GOOD TO USE WITH IT

pure resists r useless if u dont see the overall protection

Scikar
20-12-03, 02:22
I suppose it depends how seriously you take it. My tank I tweak continuously, I'm still not 100% happy with his resist and armor setup. But my PE I actually found easier to setup, since it's easier to decide on a balance between each resist and HP. At least for me anyway. But since I don't really take my PE seriously I've got him setup for Titan armor, just because I can't stand the look of the PA. If he ever became my main or if KK made a better PA that I liked I'd probably start using that.

The best advice you can possibly get is to get a PP resistor, and drug to heat/haz 1. The drugging isn't nearly as bad as you might think, and the bonus from the combination of heat/haz and PP resistor is huge.

Xian
20-12-03, 02:29
I practiced setting up CON on my tank. Up until about 3 weeks ago I was taking 90-110 from a CS blast on my Tank, and I've managed to tweak that down to 60 at the very most. I've barely got a decent level on my Tanks CON (due to muchos lomming), and my strength isn't capped, but so far so good. As for against Libs, only person I know who uses them is Vett, and the last two fights I had against him were with a PPU (against me) and another where he parashocked me. I'll see next time. :p

With my PE, the more I fiddle and tweak with resists along with my hp the more I see me taking less damage but not having the health to compensate. All about striking a nice balance in my opinion.

KramerTheWeird
20-12-03, 02:43
Why does it matter. Skillmanagers have dumbed it down to basic knowledge in how easy it is to get a decent skill setup. Like xantor said, the hardest part is finding the correct resist/health ratio.

Cyphor
20-12-03, 02:48
Originally posted by -=Blasehase=-
SAY WHICH ARMOR U THINK ITS GOOD TO USE WITH IT

duranit 2 helm
rife 3 pa
med fire belt
holy shelter pants
holy shelter boots

oh and no drugs except from the occasional duel, cant be bothered drugging constanty.

fire belt and high fire resit as not using inq 2 and energy belt as not rich enough for sa and balistics 3 gimps my setup else where.

ino
20-12-03, 03:05
My poor rifler on uranus got this if it aint good then pfft I manage atleast.

atl 67 +15
hlt 75 +15 sometimes more with a druggie
end 38 +38
fire 66 +15
energy 66 +15
xray 114 +43
poison 30 +30
for 114 +15 mostly

and appropriate armor for whatever condition or just one setup for pvp to get most stats as high as possible.

Lexxuk
20-12-03, 04:52
I share mine freely, sometimes they work, sometimes not.

If every PE posted their resists though, would be pretty useless information, cept for statistics "x players have y xray". My current setup, can take down a lib/raygunpistoluser (HI SOUR LEAF :p) with a EPR & a Doy Ray Gun hehehe, but dies to a tank, and always Rade.

Dont actually know what mine r off the top of my head though, but if I did, i'd share them with everyone ;)

btw FPS is your friend, the higher, the better, and work on mouse/aim, get ur FPS/mouse connected perfectly, will add about 20% onto your resists simply because u get to kill the other person easier ;)

Sorin
20-12-03, 05:02
Well, okay, sure, I'll post my setup. But it's not very good I don't think :p Even if I had the best setup out there, I'd still share it because I don't give a damn. At least it gets me by very well PvM.

With Hazard 1, pc boost 1, spy boost 1, Filter Heart 1, PP resistor, MOVEON.

ATL 72 (+15)
HLT 93 (+33)
END 38 (+38)
FIR 79 (+15)
ENR 49 (+15)
XRR 105 (+43)
POR 30 (+30)
(In STR: FOR 106 (+23))

Plus xray head and arm, +26. And health comes out to around 370 :(

Inquisition Helmet 2, Pistol PA 3, Medium Energy Belt, Duranit Pants 2, Medium Inquisition boots.

So from armor that's
+60 Fire
+87 Energy
+84 Piercing
+95 Force

So simply combining the armor and resist values comes to
Fire 139
Energy 136
Xray 131
(these come out to 131/132/131 in a resist manager thingy).

I really don't have to do any switching for mob hunting unless I'm totally going after one type, so it works for PvM at least :p The health seems kinda low though :( It only comes out to around 370.

Feel free to tell me it's crap and give me any tweak suggestions. ;)

Dribble Joy
20-12-03, 05:11
Not bad, I have a similar setup, but I have 402 hp (with redflash) and 135 fire/xray 146 energy and 49 poison
Probably beacuse I have slightly different armour and full gamma bones.

I have 87 energy armour (same as you) but 74 fire. (14 more)

Tip, duranit = poobumpoo, you get more fire from inq than energy from duranit.

med inq boots are a bit crap as well, you got a moveon, and unless you have a balli3 or a adv balance 3 use heavy inq.
Though on some setups, depending on points in which ever places, the tl 32 psi boots are best.

Sorin
20-12-03, 05:18
Oh yeah, forgot. It's drug free except for the psi drug for the hazard boost.

Yeah, I know duranit is crap compared to inq, but duranium stuff is way out of reach, and psi armor doesn't compare at the levels the pe could use (not including boots). And also, yeah I have an experimental ballistic 3, otherwise I'd be using the heavy inq boots. I used to use the psi boots a LONG time ago on my first PE, I'll have to recheck with them and see how they work though.

Dribble Joy
20-12-03, 05:23
uhhh... the inq armours are the same tl as the duranit ones... so use the inq2 legs.

//edit

To use the haz1 you need to gimp ppw for mst and ppu, can anyone tell me the dmg on an arti shelter without the haz1/heat1 reqs? I think I might be dangerously gimped.
Still take 55-60 on my PE.

Sorin
20-12-03, 05:37
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
uhhh... the inq armours are the same tl as the duranit ones... so use the inq2 legs.

Hmmm. If I switch the duranit pants for the inq pants, and inq boots for psi boots, that puts fire/enr/xrr all at (139 in a skill manager) 146/144/139. Up a nice bit from the setup I said. I could either leave it like that (with proposed change), or lower the resists down just a tad in favor of more health - the whole resists:health ratio idea. Hmmm.

Dribble Joy
20-12-03, 05:51
Like has been said many times, theory is nothing, test it ingame.

I would say more hp and perhaps more importantly, more atl.
I only have 83 with redflash, which still isn't enough.
Speed and knowing how to use it is better than any resist.