PDA

View Full Version : Hax0rz in the news

Myrlin
19-12-03, 18:43
Maybe we can get KK to pay us for all the items we've lost due to bugs and hacks...

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/fun.games/12/19/china.gamer.reut/index.html

Mumblyfish
19-12-03, 18:47
Hrm... so if SXR were to pool all their winnings together from reimbursement of hacked items... could we buy a small country?

BlackPrince
19-12-03, 18:48
It would only have success in a communist country. Players in the People's Republics of Kalifornia, New York, New Jersey, and Rhode Island rejoice!

Zanathos
19-12-03, 18:50
No but you may be able to buy the company ReaKKtor..... :D

What exactly is the point of this? Are you trying to shove this in the faces of the team of Neocron again? Trying to hint at something?

Or was it your "little brother" again?

GT_Rince
19-12-03, 18:54
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Hrm... so if SXR were to pool all their winnings together from reimbursement of hacked items... could we buy a small country?

/waits for the Mod Edit :D

Mumblyfish
19-12-03, 18:55
Me, bitter? :rolleyes:

To be fair, I'm glad I got hacked. 'Nuff said.

GT_Rince
19-12-03, 18:57
Originally posted by Mumblyfish
Me, bitter? :rolleyes:

To be fair, I'm glad I got hacked. 'Nuff said.

You got hacked? When was this ?

Myrlin
19-12-03, 18:59
Relax Zanathos. Lots of people have been hacked and lots of people are upset about it. Its not just SXR complaining.

The article does bring up some interesting ideas though. I invest money and time and effort into the game to create an account will fully capped characters and lots of rares. I can sell that account on eBay and make a profit from it.

So I've paid money and I have the potential to make money. Why shouldn't I get reimbursed if someone steals the fruits of my labor?

Some game companies have outlawed the sale of the virtual items on eBay and other online auction sites. I believe Everquest is one. Others like Diablo 2 allow the sale and even encourage it at fan sites. Currently KK allows it, but with lawsuits like this, how long will that continue before KK's lawyers decide its too risky and forbid the practice?

Zanathos
19-12-03, 19:03
I am relaxed, quite relaxed actually cause I realized how much my PE ownz now and its friday ^_^ TY QD!

if i wasnt relaxed id sound like

OMFG QUITE BITCHIN! IT WAS YOUR LITTLE BROTHER YOU PRICKS!

GO HUNT FOR YOUR STUFF AGAIN!

QUITE BUGGIN KK AND ACCEPT YOUR USELESS 100K!!!!

NUB! :rolleyes:

heh heh

:D

Spoon
19-12-03, 19:37
Pretty interesting article........

Although, it didn't say how much he was able to prove.....

Li asked the company, Beijing Arctic Ice Technology Development Co Ltd, to identify the player who stole his virtual property, but it declined, saying it could not give out a player's private details, it said.
Sounds like the company knew it was hacked, though.......

I wonder if the hacker got banned..........:rolleyes:

Kimiko
19-12-03, 19:37
Different countries, different laws I'm sure- I think any items you may think are yours are still property of reakktor according to law. You pay for the right to access the servers, and to use the data - not pay for the ownership of the data itself.

L0KI
19-12-03, 19:49
i was "hacked" last night.....

4 DS parts, PSI core and Holy Lightning "dissapeared" from my APU.

Yesterday, they were there, today, there were not.

And its definately a hack, cos i made a point of never having imp gel on my char, as he had 0 freeload...

yet i found an imp gel with 192 remaining.

KimmyG
19-12-03, 19:56
Loki who is to say that was a hacker I think some stuff gets fucked up I have had stuff dissapear and Re-apear I have had good items misteriously apper in my go.

-FN-
19-12-03, 20:08
My lawsuit is in the mail :lol:

KRIMINAL99
19-12-03, 20:18
I hope a case like this shows up in US soon.

Myrlin
19-12-03, 20:21
Kimiko makes a good point. Most of the auctions on eBay say that items for sale are property of Reakktor Media not the seller. This is done to prevent the seller from a lawsuit in case the item disappears the day after transfer.

Should we be allowed to make a profit off items in NC? We have put countless hours into collecting them but KK has put tons of money into the database servers. Who should retain the rights to the items? (I'm not asking how it currently is... I'm asking how it should be. Opinions are welcome.)

Scikar
19-12-03, 22:16
Loki is there any chance the e-mail address linked to your Neocron account is a hotmail address?

{MD}GeistDamnit
19-12-03, 23:16
"China's online gaming industry has boomed in recent years. Analysts say it is conservatively forecast to be worth about two billion yuan this year, and is growing more than 100 percent a year. "

That part is amazing, I hope KK get on the ball in china soon :D

Also I'm glad for the guy who won the case.

Speaking of China, anyone hear about the sex party that got 2 men put away for life? ah China's legal system :rolleyes:

Jest
19-12-03, 23:23
Originally posted by {MD}GeistDamnit
Speaking of China, anyone hear about the sex party that got 2 men put away for life? ah China's legal system :rolleyes: Was that the huge 3 day sex orgy with the 1000 Japanese tourists? (No seriously was it?).

I'm glad the guy won the case. Sure virtual goods only exist in the game, but there is the fact that is takes time to aquire those goods, and time equals money.

I figure we will start to see stuff protecting game companies from stuff like this in the EULA if its not there already.

Redburn
19-12-03, 23:26
If your thinking about the problem with your password being emailed to you, think no longer KK has disabled that on the account web page. Had a problem with a new account I started and tried to have the password emailed tried 8 times with no reply finally had to email support and got my password that way.